Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF…

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I will not be buying if it doesn't have features that allowed me to rule to the fullest as in Sims 4 the ruling is more for EA/Maxis and not me the customer.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I won't buy the game if:

there is a monthly fee to play.
    no single player mode.
    no open world with the requirement to drive a vehicle to arrive at any desired destination.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2023
    I won't buy the game if:

there is a monthly fee to play.
    no single player mode.
    no open world with the requirement to drive a vehicle to arrive at any desired destination.

I like Open World and I agree it would great with a bike or car.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    shilohaspenshilohaspen Posts: 4 New Member
    This is what I want to see in Sims 5, and if they don't have this in Sims 5, I won't buy it. I'll stick to Sims 4:

1. Open world and the ability to change the furniture using CAS edit mode like in Sims 3.

2. The way they had different worlds separate from each other with their own stories in Sims 2. I loved Veronaville. I wish they would create a new Veronaville but limit the naming to Shakespearean names and the clothing styles to fit the characters.

3. I loved that you could move lots around on the streets freely and plop them down anywhere in Sims 2. I hate that you can't do that now. What sucks about Sims 4 is the lack of lots and the inability to put new ones in. I feel like with Sims 3 and 4, all these new worlds are just clutter. Most of the lots remain empty because I tend to stick to the two original neighborhoods. I play the new neighborhoods for a while but always go back to the original ones. Most houses stay empty because it's harder to play multiple families in Sims 4 with the free world living.

4. I also want the fears, aspirations, desires, etc. back from Sims 2.

5. Automatic roofs. I suck at putting roofs on houses. Bring back auto roofing but maybe with a person's choice. "No, I want a modern roof," or "I want round roofs on this house." That would make it so much better for those of us who like to build but can't do great with roofs.

6. I want to see these life stages from the beginning and not have to wait for some expansion pack: newborn, infant, toddler, kid, TWEEN, teen, college adult, young adult, mid life crisis adult, elder. And please please please give them all their own clothing styles. Go ahead and put tweens in kids and teen clothes, or teens in tweens and college adult clothes, etc. but don't put adults in teen clothing. And yes, bring on the TWEENS. Do you know how hard it is to play The Brady Bunch when you can't have an accurate Peter and Jan Brady??

7. Give us the option to turn off calendar events but still have weather. I am so sick and tired of celebrating the holidays over and over and over again with the same families. While you're at it, update the high school expansion so that prom isn't every other weekend or every weekend. Give our sims summer vacations from school, and maybe have term limits like the teen goes from freshman year to senior year before going to college. Maybe even do it where teens pick between college and technical school or going straight to work, too. In fact, do this for Sims 4! Don't wait until Sims 5 to do half of these suggestions.

8. Give us the ability to choose where the names come from. While I don't mind some of my sims having foreign based names, I hate having all game made sims with the same name but different tacky clothing. In fact, give us the option to create our own towns without having premade sims. Let us choose who we want to be the cook in the restaurants from the gallery or make our own... etc. etc. etc. There's nothing I want more than to delete all the sims that come in the game and create my own like in sims 2. Although, I do love the families like the Goths. This goes along with... I buy the expansions like the werewolf one and magic and vampires for the build mode stuff but I don't want to play with vampires, mermaids and werewolves. Give us the ability to turn that stuff off if we don't want them. I delete the vampires but the game keeps creating more who knock on my door even when I have the door saying no vampires allowed. With that being said, and please update this for sims 4!!!! but I really dislike having the game make NPC females with chest hair. Turn that crap off!!! Or give us the ability to turn it off.

and last but not least,

9. Open world mode, or whatever you call it, makes the University expansion no fun. If I want to play with one character in Foxbury, I can't play with another one elsewhere because when I go back to my Foxbury character, he or she is failing college. I loved University in Sims 3. Make it more like that please.

I'm sure there is more I could go on about, but I'll leave it here. One last thing, it would also be fun to have the ability to choose random pregnancy so you never know when your sim will get pregnant. I know there are mods that can handle all this stuff I've suggested, but I don't like to play with mods, and I think these should be options in the game instead of forced on us because we bought the expansion. Like the calendars... I like doing that every now and then, but I don't want prank day or rebate day all the time. So please... take these into suggestion and improve our game play.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Amen!
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Since the Jan 31st console controls update some of us with physical conditions that impact our hands/wrists can no longer play without being in pain or discomfort. Needless to say if the Sims 5 console controls are like the current updated Sims 4 controls, I won't be buying it as I wouldn't be able to play it unfortunately.
  • Options
    Sorry for you. Have been increasingly learning to adapt as the body decides it doesn't want to do things anymore.
  • Options
    popcorn52popcorn52 Posts: 15 Member
    I was a little rfeluctant to start the sims4 but i started getting used to it. I am litle nervous of sims 5 as i do not have any friends to multiplayer with.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    As it stands currently, based on the direction EA seems to be taking this game, I will not be buying the Sims 5... My 20+ years of loyalty and enjoyment for this franchise will end with the Sims 4.

Introducing subscription exclusivity, mandatory internet connections, fewer gameplay and game settings customization options, fewer BB/CAS customization options, inadequate quality control and bug fixing, allowing fickle social media trends to dictate gameplay direction, etc etc? Yeah, no... Sims 5 will be a big pass from me (I don't care how nice the game might look). I'll be shopping around for other options when the time comes.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    With you on that for all the reasons stated. EA/Maxis is not the company of 2000, not even close.
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    If it is online multiplayer only. I will not purchase it, ever. If they throw in a tiny single player part, or skimp out on single player at all.
    Once again, I wont be buying it. or even trying a free trial.
  • Options
    ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF… The game is not better than TS4 (which is not a hard thing to do)
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF:
    1) There is no single player mode
    2) You have to play multiplayer to unlock items
    3) Micro-Transactions
    4) You can't have a private online game (I don't want strangers popping in and out of my game)
    5) You can't use mods or cc
    6) You have to be connected to the internet to play in single player mode

And I will wait to buy it till I see how it runs, what's included, what's missing and how well it's reviewed. I didn't buy the Sims 4 till they added Toddlers to game and saw it was running better than it was at launch.

This all also depends on the two new life simulator games in the works. If they do a better job than EA, I probably won't buy the Sims 5.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    If it doesn’t have components to it that are necessary. We shouldn’t have to wait for major updates to a game that is suppose to be finished at launch.

Im all for updates that add more to the game but the majority of its depth should be there at launch. The A.I components should be established and finished. The creative “tools should all be there. I think it would be a mistake to make another sim game that felt unfinished at launch.

Especially now that there is going to be competition in the life simulation game genre. The only way I think the next sims game could get away with this is if they release the game early and call it “Early Access, like how it’s competitor “Life By You is doing in September 2023.

But once they launch the game as a actual release, it needs to feel finished and have everything that has the made the prior games feel finished, no skipping life stages, no not adding pools or hot tubs, not adding cars, no skipping things that feel they should be a necessity.

I can’t imagine project Rene handling this game how EA has handled the sims 4 I’m sure they have learned their lesson. but if they haven’t and release an unfinished glitchy game, with it having competition, that might be a deal breaker for me and a lot of us.

I am all for adding components and features to the sims 5 in updates but they need to be features that enrich the game , not features that us as players will say this is obviously a feature that should have been implemented from the get go.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I don't think I have a dealbreaker. Even if the game enforces free will on the sims, story progression on the world and mandatory online on the player, I might give it a shot soon as it becomes reasonably cheap. I just won't contribute to that sweet, sweet preorder and/or launch day money.
  • Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    Definitely, I would not get it if the game doesn't have a single player "OFFLINE" mode.
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    If it becomes 100% online or starts requiring internet 100% of the time, I will NOT pay to play it. My internet bill costs money, and the more bandwidth and speed I need, the more money that costs. I need the money to pay for the internet, not the game, at that point.

If it is BOTH a subscription AND DLC, I will not buy the subscription. If there is a subscription, it needs to INCLUDE the price of all DLC released up to that point. The other issue with a subscription: what happens when the service is discontinued? Or if the player cannot afford a subscription for two or 3 months? Health issues are sadly, not unusual among Simmers and especially content creators. In the US, healthcare costs can completely drain a budget. This means less money to go around, especially to costs like games - medicine, food, and shelter are just less important. Period. So, if you stop a subscription, then start it back up 6 months or 2 years later when your situation improves, what happens? Do you lose everything and never get it back once your subscription goes inactive? Subscriptions are a serious disadvantage to many disabled players for this very reason.

If they expect us to play a half-baked single player experience and a fancy multiplayer experience, I still will not pay for the game. Games that require a lot of multiplayer/online cost money just for the internet use, and online servers tend to go down periodically for maintenance or get taken offline permanently once the server owner does not want to maintain it anymore (bye game content).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I know nothing about it, but I have spent a ton of money on sims 4 and I can't afford that for another game. I will probably need to just stick with the one I have already sunk a bunch of money into, ya know?
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I don’t plan to immediately run out and buy any of the upcoming simulation games, as none of them seem to be leaning into my style of gameplay and the stories I like to explore. Whoever comes up with the best fantasy gameplay will probably get my attention, eventually. Chances are, that will be TS5, because the others don’t seem to be headed that direction, and occults have always been in The Sims. Complete deal breakers for me will be:

No Single player mode
    Subscriptions
    No offline option
    Micro transactions to unlock game play
    Hyper realism
    No fantasy/occult play

No matter what, I won’t be an early adopter. I waited for quite awhile before switching from TS3 to TS4. That allows them to get some of the bugginess out of the way, makes more expansions available for a better game experience, and gets me a better price. I can be patient and play TS3 and TS4 until then.

• Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Call me old fashioned or worse but if it isn't more like Sims 3 i won't buy it. I've got Sims 4 and most of the packs and its just unplayable to me. I keep hoping adding content will help but the game just seems super dumbed down and lifeless. I can't put my finger on it exactly but as I just made a fresh attempt at playing and had to go through a whole series of questions during character creation and it felt like filling out a medical history at the doctors office. Then I finally get in game and can barely figure out how to navigate the world. Something about Sims 3 was more simple yet a lot more creative and imaginative. I wish I knew what it was that changed the game so much. I really WANT to enjoy playing again. Can we please just have the Sims 3 open world sandbox experience without all the glitches?
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Deal breakers for me are pretty similar to others:
    Mandatory Subscription, internet connection, online multiplayer play.
    or
    Subscription and multiplayer isn't mandatory but items, packs or gameplay is locked behind them.

Oh and I've seen a few people mention no occult play might be a thing. That would be a deal breaker for me as well since the majority of my gameplay revolves around occults.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    The mobile aspect forces the game to be downgraded across all other platforms and/or you cannot build outside their predetermined shells that they keep showcasing.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    If I can't rotate households or create my own world/neighborhood/whatever from scratch. Sims 4's only saving grace is that you can rotate households - and while I do enjoy the game, the limitations get on my nerves. I came from Sims 2, and don't recall ever feeling as limited as I do now.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited June 2023
    Hm well, with this new news, if TS5 is F2P and is lots of micro transactions i wont even test it out. I will be done with any new sims content.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF:

EA continues this trend of limiting the game because of people playing on "minspecs" computers, which was stated why the new world coming in the Growing Together EP is only coming with 12 lots once AGAIN!

I'm sick of it! They charge an outrageous amount of money for nothing! I can't even have my entire extended family live close to each other in these tiny worlds because there's only 4 Lots per neighborhood! Who only has 4 houses in a neighborhood?!!!

ONE FREAKING LOT LOADS AT A TIME! NOT THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 lots per neighbourhoods is too small 😭. 5-6 at least would be so good! 😊

StrangerVille has 11 lots. Really 10 as you can’t edit the secret lab. 2 neighbourhoods with 5 lots each was much better.

Why wasn’t the military base made an active lot? And once you complete the mystery an option to custom the lab could pop up if you have no interest in replaying the mission with another family in the same save file.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top