Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Casting Thread for the Legacy-Bachelor Challenge II. *CLOSED*

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry, there wasn't any chapter yet. My game won't start because the EA Launcher seems to have a problem. I can't even log in :/
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry, there wasn't any chapter yet. My game won't start because the EA Launcher seems to have a problem. I can't even log in :/

I had that problem, too, and then it just seemed to clear itself. Obviously your computer and the EA app needed a vacation.
  • Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

I had that problem, too, and then it just seemed to clear itself. Obviously your computer and the EA app needed a vacation.

You were lucky then :) I'll research a bit if installing the EA launch app does anything to my game (like deleting everything) and then I'll just try this.
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member

You were lucky then :) I'll research a bit if installing the EA launch app does anything to my game (like deleting everything) and then I'll just try this.

Dont forget to save your files somewhere as a backup! Then you could delete the EA launch app and see if reinstalling and placing all the folders back works.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »

Dont forget to save your files somewhere as a backup! Then you could delete the EA launch app and see if reinstalling and placing all the folders back works.

Thanks! I'll try that :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone!
    First of, I have good news:
    I saved my game folders "outside" the game (copies) and deleted the EA launch app and installed it again. And it worked! :) So I could finally start playing the bachelorette part.

BUT... here are the bad news:
    An old even worse problem is back. After playing for like 15-20 minutes, my screen turns off, i.e. it goes black and acts as if the computer is turned off. But the computer is still on as it's roaring from loading the game :sweat_smile: I used to have this problem last year, found no similar problems online and just gave up. When I tried playing again months later, it seemed to have gone.
    The problem here is, I guess it's my old computer who just struggles too much to run the game by now. I have lots of packs installed but stopped buying the new ones (the first one I didn't buy was the werewolf pack) in hope to still play the game. Maybe all the patches added to its struggle (no idea how all that works tho).

Why do I tell you this? The thing is, I tried to play the bachelorette chapters. I came as far as day 6 with replaying a lot several times because of the crashes. I used a little (super annoying) trick: saving every 5-10 minutes. Yesterday, the game crashed in this black monitor nightmare way while the game was saving.
    And I have to admit that I just have to give up at this point. I love the game, I love the challenge, but it's more stressful than funny playing the game this way. :/ This problem forces me to put the whole challenge on hiatus (gosh, how dramatic does this sentence sound? :s ) and I'm afraid I might have to give up the whole game...

I'm really sorry, but I hope you can understand.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited September 2023
    @Queenarella
    I'm really sorry, but I hope you can understand.
    These things happen! *hugs*
    The monitor of my very old (desktop) computer used to do the same when playing TS3 (and I had already dealt with that thing crashing on every single loading screen in TS4... it was awful. Loading up a save and a family would work fine, but traveling anywhere or going into CAS? NOPE.). We had a few spare monitors lying around but I don't recall if switching them out was much help :grimace:
    It got very frustrating seeing the screen go black and hitting the button to turn it on again (and seeing the colours get all messed up which I think was an entirely separate issue), so I definitely understand your pain!
    So in your case, it's just the monitor turning off, but the computer is still running?

And yeah, they're really amped up requirements lately and things do happen with patches, not even the packs themselves. My old laptop would probably explode if I tried to run TS4 on it now :joy:
    Even now I'm worried for my current gaming laptop, I've had her for over 3 years now and she was second-hand when I got her :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,379 Member
    Oh no Queenarella! It's really sad for you. :cry:
    You write that you are using a save you have saved externally from the game. Have you tested with a brand new game?
    I just had a similar problem. I could no longer save my game. I have a 6 year old medium gamer computer so it shouldn't be a problem but the game kept crashing even when I removed all Mods.
    However, it turned out that my latest Save was defective. Maybe it's because I've been playing rotation games between several families for too long. The amount of important and more unimportant data must have been enormous.
    I have no problems in a new game and I can see that it is not related to any of the mods I use.
    Eventually I intend to transfer my families to a fresh game and then I think I can re-establish their relationship with MCCC.
    I have saved all families, personal photos and houses in my gallery, wise from damage after countless Sims3 crashes. That game was a nightmare for me.
    I am not writing this because I want to be smart and you are not allowed to give up. I recognize that it can be a relief to get there.
    I am writing this because I know how nerve wracking, frustrating and hopeless those problems can feel.
    Maybe some of your readers have some completely different ideas that you can try if you feel like it later.
    Finally, I would always recommend Crinrict's website, which has helped me more than once.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Queenarella - I totally understand about computers and crashes. I have had similar problems, lost game files. A total nightmare. I do hope that this will somehow straighten itself out because I love reading your stories. I know how frustrating things can be when it comes to a game...when you just want to have fun and instead have lots of problems. At one time, two years' ago, when my computer was crashing so bad, I was heartbroken that I couldn't play because I was in the middle of a challenge. I ended up having to buy a new computer, and miraculously my game files were saved. I thought they were lost forever. Anyway, hugs to you and I know what frustration you are going through.