Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Features (Not in the patch notes)

Comments

• Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    Yeah this patch was pretty killer :) The only thing I'm not so sure about is how adults and elders both look older. Call me shallow but I'd already developed a habit of preventing my sims ageing up past Adult because I preferred how they look and now, adult almost looks elder. We were able to add more wrinkles ourselves to adults under skin detail if we wanted to and I think they should have just left it at that. Overall though amazing patch, hats off to the devs.
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    "Just go away" belongs to a mod. The teleport any sim mod, I think. See here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=573162

Go away has been in there and when you reach a higher level of wellness and after meditating you can teleport.. My Sis has a Sim that does it all the time.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    NEW CARPET COLORS!!!! This is very exciting!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    has it been mentioned the new recipe serve lunch gumbo, you need an onion, a crawdad (whatever that is) and an insect. when I find out what a crawdad is my sim is going to make it.

Hello @feetinstockings
    The gumbo recipe came with Outdoors Retreat pack. It is unlocked at cooking level 8.
    The crawdad are Granite Falls fish. This is a link about the fish
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-guide/#Fish

@rosemow Thank you so much, shows I'm still finding new things in the game.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    has it been mentioned the new recipe serve lunch gumbo, you need an onion, a crawdad (whatever that is) and an insect. when I find out what a crawdad is my sim is going to make it.

Hello @feetinstockings
    The gumbo recipe came with Outdoors Retreat pack. It is unlocked at cooking level 8.
    The crawdad are Granite Falls fish. This is a link about the fish
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-guide/#Fish

@rosemow Thank you so much, shows I'm still finding new things in the game.

You're welcome :) It is great that we keep finding out new things in the game.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Couldn't see it in the patch notes and not sure if it's been mentioned, I haven't got time to read the whole thread now but it's on my reading list for later (m.i.l. Coming over so frantically tidying) but when you dump down a lot from your gallery now the lot you dump it on no longer keeps its default name, it uses the name you've given your lot instead. It may be a small change but when I put my lots all in Newcrest (I rebuilt it) and didn't have to rename all the lots (as I've had to before) I was so happy.

Seriously!? I've been wanting this for a while!!! I gotta go test this out so I can see it with my own eyes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    Is this rug new?

xyus2.png
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Wow rugs , LOL , I forgot we even had them.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Is this rug new?

xyus2.png

No.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Is this rug new?
    xyus2.png

No, it unlocks with the athletic career. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited June 2016
    With everything that was added to the game with this patch, I can see the teams are listening to the fans and including some things we felt were missing. The new break up option is awesome. I didn't like having to manipulate fights, or resort to using a mod, to get that unwanted romantic interest to just go away. It's a nice way of getting rid of the random romances that were happening when I would leave the active household to play another household. Any time new options are brought into the game that lessens the need to rely on mods is a good thing.

My one child in Sims4 has nightmares almost every night just before her sleep bar is full. This has been happening since before the patch, though, so I don't think it was added recently. She gets over it quickly and it doesn't seem to affect her behavior once she is out of bed. But I am concerned something in her bedroom is not right. When I play again I am going to rearrange her room and see if the nightmares stop.

Renaming lots is also something fans wanted. Nice to see that was changed.

EDIT: I went back to the save with my one Sim child and rearranged her room but it didn't affect her nightmares. Then I remembered I had her paint two pictures of monsters ( Because their artwork is just too cute) the day before the nightmares began. The nightmares finally went away after four Sim nights. I am going to experiment a bit more and see if drawing monsters triggers the nightmares and exactly how long that lasts.

Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    What does "ask to just be friends" do exactly? Anyone tested it?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    What does "ask to just be friends" do exactly? Anyone tested it?
    Resets the romance bar to 0. So it just empties it instead of making it red.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member

Don't know if this is one or I just missed it all this time building but I love this plumbob.

hKAoU6R.png?1
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Could we always resize windows? Doing it now as I remodel this church.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member

What? I don't remember being able to that?? using the control ] ???
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    azsimmer1 wrote: »

yeppers. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    azsimmer1 wrote: »

yeppers. :)

No, we couldn't resize any build mode items before.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    We can't resize windows. Not properly. The frames resize but the cut-out doesn't. It hasn't changed from how it was before.

583a559fdc.png
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Hello everyone, I just got back to a computer. I'll go through all your posts and update the list now. :)
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »
    joleaco wrote: »
    I have never seen this before, but don't know if it's new.

The household was sleeping and one of the sim kids woke up suddenly at about 4:30am with a yell. I did not have the camera on her, but heard it. When I went to have a look, she was sitting up in bed looking around scared/panicked, like she had a nightmare. Has anyone else had it happen in their game before?

I have had this happen prior to this patch, so it's not new (though it is awesome). I've only seen it a handful of times, so I'm hoping they have upped the chance of it. It's more rare than an alien abduction in my game (super rare even when I'm trying), and I always have households of children. I haven't been able to catch a screenshot of it, but I have always been a fan of it.

I am just glad that someone else has seen it, because for a while there I thought maybe I was losing it, lol. This was the only time I have ever seen/heard this, so it does seem to very rare. I will be watching the kids sleep more closely though from now on. :D

I wonder when they added it?

I totally know what you mean! rofl I know I have seen it, but the fact that so few people have has me trying to secure some guru confirmation for Beanfoot. Only Graham has responded on twitter (Ty Graham, you rock!), but he doesn't now anymore than we do. All he could confirm was that it was NOT related to the kids pack. He's going off hearsay too, since he works on SPs. I don't expect him to knock on cubicles either to find out for me. lol Hopefully one of the other Gurus I messaged knows.

Nightmares_zpsbs76umhm.jpg

This is great, thank you so much for asking. I'm going to lean toward perhaps that animation being more likely new than not, but I'll keep a (?) beside it.
  • Options
    I haven't gone over the entire thread, but I noticed the high pitched noise when you watch tv on game speed 2 or 3 is gone :) (tv screen is still scrambled) But they may have fixed that with the previous patch, haven't spent a lot of time in live mode after that one.

That's wonderful, that noise was hella annoying. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    pj9871pj9871 Posts: 89 Member
    I really like that now, if you hire a mixologist, you can request a specific person.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Late to the party but it looks all good :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I haven't gone over the entire thread, but I noticed the high pitched noise when you watch tv on game speed 2 or 3 is gone :) (tv screen is still scrambled) But they may have fixed that with the previous patch, haven't spent a lot of time in live mode after that one.

Oh, actually?! That is brilliant!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.