Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Features (Not in the patch notes)

Comments

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Is the ask to just be friends a breakup option?
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it? Does it really remove the romance bar, or does it just break up the relationship?

Hmm, just tried it with some random Sims. Unfortunately it doesn't take the bar away but also it doesn't make the bar completely red like when a breakup occurs. The bar will only be empty. Oh well.

Which is not really bad, when the romance bar empties it goes away after some time.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I have never seen this before, but don't know if it's new.

The household was sleeping and one of the sim kids woke up suddenly at about 4:30am with a yell. I did not have the camera on her, but heard it. When I went to have a look, she was sitting up in bed looking around scared/panicked, like she had a nightmare. Has anyone else had it happen in their game before?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    joleaco wrote: »

The household was sleeping and one of the sim kids woke up suddenly at about 4:30am with a yell. I did not have the camera on her, but heard it. When I went to have a look, she was sitting up in bed looking around scared/panicked, like she had a nightmare. Has anyone else had it happen in their game before?

I've never had that happen and would be so thrilled if it was something they added! I love my sims, but an occasional nightmare can't be that bad for them right? ;)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    It feels like the gardener has been addressed - I am loving the push for him to show up, sorta feel bad he shows up after my sim goes out on the town and arrives back at midnight but hey at least she is getting some help now on windenburg isle! :smiley:
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

I've never had that happen and would be so thrilled if it was something they added! I love my sims, but an occasional nightmare can't be that bad for them right? ;)

I just wish I was watching her, but I was watching her brother, lol. I hope it happens again so I know I wasn't just seeing things! :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Does any one here with Get Together got new male cropped pants (as in under the cropped category)? I went to CAS and had the 'new' star symbol on these pants. I didn't take a screenshot but they have two buttons at the end on the side. <- best description ever. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Thank you for this thread @Beanfoot ! :smile:

I like to know all of the features patches bring, too. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Does any one here with Get Together got new male cropped pants (as in under the cropped category)? I went to CAS and had the 'new' star symbol on these pants. I didn't take a screenshot but they have two buttons at the end on the side. <- best description ever. LOL.

Did you have the box unchecked for 'Masculine'? Because I think these are the feminine cropped pants that came with GT.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I wonder if that has anything to do with the kids stuff pack that's coming!
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member

This used to happen in The Sims 2 when their aspiration meter was low. Hmmm that's really interesting!
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Noogster wrote: »
    What on earth is this? Is this new to the patch or am I late to some other patch party?

91d364eda8d647859c76d066fa328e9c.png

It's a water recolour for pools/fountains. Patched in pre-GT. There are 4 others in the EP. (sparkly aqua like the sea/petals on surface/green with algae/muddy brown)

That purple one looks more red in-game, so looks almost like blood.

Thanks Emma! Sorry everyone, lol!
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Ooh loving it from the pics I have seen, new carpet colours is amazing, now I can have carpet that matches with furniture, hope that we are going to slowly get some more colours for most things
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    edited June 2016
    You're welcome @Adonsia and @jeepjeepcat :)

I've added the children having nightmares and alien abduction icon updates, thank you @Nectere and @joleaco ! I'll be busy for the next few days so I won't be able to play to take photos of these things on my own for a bit, but stay tuned. :)
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

I have had this happen prior to this patch, so it's not new (though it is awesome). I've only seen it a handful of times, so I'm hoping they have upped the chance of it. It's more rare than an alien abduction in my game (super rare even when I'm trying), and I always have households of children. I haven't been able to catch a screenshot of it, but I have always been a fan of it.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    i have found one more thing. i'm pretty sure this was not present before the patch. after hovering over the skills bar, it will show you the percentage of completion.

AhAmeo.png
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @buzz_infamous nope, this was here before the patch ^^
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    @buzz_infamous nope, this was here before the patch ^^

i did not have it for sure :(
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2016
    I think the adults got "older" because it's coming Generations, so EA Games took older expressions for them.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    i have found one more thing. i'm pretty sure this was not present before the patch. after hovering over the skills bar, it will show you the percentage of completion.

AhAmeo.png

It has been like that since the begining
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Thanks for this thread. I am so happy about the new carpet colours and am leaving the forum currently to redecorate my houses.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    @DeKay if you scroll through the CAS catalog with the filters ON you will notice that some conversions have been placed inherently into that category - it's particularly evident with hair, so there were some previously female exclusive hairs, like the dreads (the ones that go down the back not the swept to the side ones), that now show up under the masculine filter, I would say those are the ones that have been fully converted and make sense to more binary people as unisex. It's the same with some of the clothes. It works vice versa as well, there are some previously male exclusive items, especially hairs and pj pants, that are now showing under the feminine filter. So hose GT Capri pants were previously feminine exclusive but are now considered fully converted to unisex so also show under the masculine filter. Clothing items that many people still associate with gender are locked under filters to prevent odd townie situations and items that didn't convert as well are also locked under the filters (see the asterisked explanation in the patch notes). It took me a bit to figure this out - hope it helps!
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Incredibly helpful thread - thank you. I haven't played any since the patch, only messed around in CAS, so now I'm looking forward even more to play.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There are also metallic black/really dark grey recolours of most of the BG modern windows...

1d44ac9782.jpg

The first 2 are also recoloured but seem to be a little glitchy. The 3rd and 4th ones are BG modern but didn't get recolours.

a09bee10b0.jpg

Omg, I can't express how happy I am about this! Been wanting this for so long!
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    The new "waking up from nightmare" for the children is so stressful! I just want to hug and comfort the poor child.
    (But I do also like that it's been added for sheer realism.)
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    The new "waking up from nightmare" for the children is so stressful! I just want to hug and comfort the poor child.
    (But I do also like that it's been added for sheer realism.)

Is it new? I'm confused because another Simmer said they've seen this in their game pre-patch though it was rare. I haven't seen it before, personally, however. Perhaps a Guru can confirm?