Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Features (Not in the patch notes)

Comments

• Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: Β»
    Noogster wrote: Β»
    What on earth is this? Is this new to the patch or am I late to some other patch party?

91d364eda8d647859c76d066fa328e9c.png

It's a water recolour for pools/fountains. Patched in pre-GT. There are 4 others in the EP. (sparkly aqua like the sea/petals on surface/green with algae/muddy brown)

Found it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863471/december-4-2015-patch-notes#latest

It's the 4 December patch from last year.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    It seems like teen sims now look "normal" facially. They looked squashed before, now their faces are simply more smooth. I love this so much, I can finally play with teens. Couldn't stand them before. I really hope this is not a bug.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below β™›
  • Options
    It seems like teen sims now look "normal" facially. They looked squashed before, now their faces are simply more smooth. I love this so much, I can finally play with teens. Couldn't stand them before. I really hope this is not a bug.

If these face updates were on-purpose, I wonder if they resolved the alien face issue as well... :o
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    What about the new wall texture - it's under masonry "unbent smoothness" - very similar to "urbanity" but different! Sorry no pics I'm on mobile.
  • Options
    What about the new wall texture - it's under masonry "unbent smoothness" - very similar to "urbanity" but different! Sorry no pics I'm on mobile.

FunEDJI.png

It looks great, thanks! Sorry about the quality, my edges in windowed mode look like crap.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Evalen wrote: Β»
    Beanfoot wrote: Β»
    Beanfoot wrote: Β»
    Hey guys, I've been seeing that a lot of you have found some patches not officially in the notes, so I thought I'd start this thread to record what you've found.

Features thus far:

1. New carpet colours
    2. Buy a Retail Store menu
    3. UI sharper resolution

Post here and I'll expand the list. :)
    Don't see that here.

We got skyroof and "Get water" in the sink and fridge.

Might be one lucky Simmer's res getting bumped up maybe. I put a question mark after it. Thanks!

@Beanfoot what is skyroof, I did not see that. Can you tell me where it is.

• Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I'm so happy this thread exists! I adore the patch notes that come from SimGuruGnome, but I'd like it if there were another set of patch notes, maybe, that let me know EVERYTHING that they changed. I understand that there's supposed to be that fun in finding all the little things, but I'd just prefer a point of reference if I don't feel like looking for everything.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Some of the new UI parts like simology makes me wonder if they are trying to make the UI less flat
  • Options
    mrnhmath wrote: Β»
    Some of the new UI parts like simology makes me wonder if they are trying to make the UI less flat

I hope so. There are more than a handful of complaints flying around the community about the flat UI being hard to read.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I love everything about this thread!! New carpet and wall recolors!! Oh my goodness, this all makes me so happy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    StarnrthStarnrth Posts: 19 Member
    This is a great patch! The CAS changes and FINALLY several different colored carpets and walls, as love to design interiors and before was soooo limited with carpet options.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Amazing thread! Thank you for compiling them, OP. I noticed some of these but didn't notice some of the UI changes. Much appreciated :)
  • Options
    Cement wrote: Β»
    Amazing thread! Thank you for compiling them, OP. I noticed some of these but didn't notice some of the UI changes. Much appreciated :)

Thank you and you're welcome :) I'd like to get all of these compiled before Dine Out and the Kids SP come out so we can tell what came from the patch.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My sim got water from the tap on his own and I had him ponder the fullness of the glass. At 4:30 am, the sink broke and began to gush so I had him make an emergency handyman call (is that bew?). When the plumber showed up, he was middle aged, over weight man with a red full beard, red dreads (female), red overalls and walked feminine. It was funny to watch.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    My sim got water from the tap on his own and I had him ponder the fullness of the glass. At 4:30 am, the sink broke and began to gush so I had him make an emergency handyman call (is that bew?). When the plumber showed up, he was middle aged, over weight man with a red full beard, red dreads (female), red overalls and walked feminine. It was funny to watch.
    Emergency repair has been in the game before the patch. It's an option only available during the night hours when an object breaks. :) The glass pondering must be new, though... Considering drinking water is new. LOL
  • Options
    Cement wrote: Β»
    Emergency repair has been in the game before the patch. It's an option only available during the night hours when an object breaks. :) The glass pondering must be new, though... Considering drinking water is new. LOL

LOL that's a great story, @Dannydanbo The pondering is already up on the list. :)
  • Options
    AdonsiaAdonsia Posts: 47 Member
    Greatly appreciate your compilation post, Beanfoot. Thank you. :smile:
    I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    YES! I've been waiting for those carpet colours for months!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I thought the new CAS unisex items, walk and voice pitches were optional only when creating or editing a Sim. I must have misunderstood something because what I understood was these would not show up on random NPCs/townies. Oh no! It's the clown thing all over again?
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I am not sure if its mentioned (I skimmed) there is also a new icon for the alien abduction event. So many new icons! Its fresh :smiley:
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Thank you for this, I only had an hour or so pc time before bed, ironing before sleep because we're having some warm weather at the moment and ironing when the house is so hot would not be comfortable (usually rains so no ac etc). There's a bunch of stuff I hadn't had time to discover on my own :smile:
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    I don't understand why some features are "hidden" and not mentioned in the patch notes? I understand if there's something fun they want us to discover, but adding new colors to carpet and updating UI I think should be written in so we know about it.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Ask to be just friends?

Really?! So is that the friendly option to break up with another sim? If so.. Finally!

There are many new features that make me think of a romantic pack. Will find love be next? Hmm.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    The "ask to be just friends" option makes me so happy. Finally I don't have to ruin relationships, just because I don't want my sims to have romantic interest in each other :joy:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Wow! This patch is so great! I love that It's way deeper than what was shown in the patch notes! Just last week I was wanting a green carpet, I'm so glad they expanded the color options of some items! I really hope they fix those few glitchy windows and add the new color options to the remaining modern ones! And the fact that we can ask to just be friends is really really huge, I had a love story that I liked, but something happened and I ended up getting a new partner. It broke my heart to have to fight until they were enemies to be able to break up. Also, I'm super happy we are able to drink water now, I always wanted and missed that!