Update: 12/04/2015 – PC Version 22.214.171.1240 / Mac Version 126.96.36.1990
How is everyone? It’s the holiday season… have you been good?
…you know, nobody ever really defined for me the limits of good in the context of the holiday seasonal question of naughty or nice. I was mostly good… I hope.
Anyway, given that I have also failed to define “good” for you, we have plenty of gifts to pass around no matter what your naughty/nice standing may be with the polar ice powers.
So, on with the unwrapping… what’d you get?
- There is now a 64 Bit executable for 64 bit Windows users.
- For those players that use Mods and may not realize that an update has occurred, or that their Mods may conflict with the new update, we now automatically Disable Mods when we patch.
- To turn them back on, open up Game Options, select the Other tab, and check on the Enable Custom Content and Mods option.
- Please use caution when re-enabling your Mods, as Mods have been known to modify your game.
- To learn more about this update, visit this FAQ - http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates
- We have made significant changes to the behavior of groups.
- You will now have the option to add (or remove) Sims to groups.
- When a Sim is added to a group you will be able to pull groups of Sims around with ease.
- In addition when you travel with a group of Sims they will automatically be put into a group with each other.
- Create A Sim has had the underlying structure of how relationships are built and remembered overhauled.
- This has allowed us to close many issues that could result in the relationship data becoming lost or corrupted, which could break existing relationships (brothers could forget their sisters) and allow invalid relationships to exist.
- There is a new Hire [NPC] interaction available on several objects, such as Hire Bartender (on the bar), Hire Caterer (on the fridge), or Hire Masseuse (on the massage table).
- Sims will have more relevant greetings. You now may see parents and children hug each other when they greet, or Sims might shake hands if they are acquaintances.
- We have spent some time fixing up the Fire and Death reaction systems. Sims will now behave in a more expected manner when either occurs near them.
- Looking forward to spending the holiday season with your Sims? Good news! We’ve updated the free* Holiday Celebration Pack with new snowflake decals, a lighted tree, piles of presents, a tree centerpiece, and new formal outfits that are perfect for wearing to holiday parties.
- *Requires internet connection, The Sims 4 (sold separately) and all game updates to play.
- The Sims 4 - sold separately at participating sellers of things and stuffs.
- Sellers and cellars – homonyms
- Homonyms, hymns, and yeoman… not the same.
- Yeoman reminds me of yeti…
- We had a yeti in MySims™ Agents…
- There is a new venue type: Pool Venue
- There is a new option to color your pool water – default or purple! Because… purple!
- That’s such a weird word... puuur’pull, purple, purple, people, purple, purple people. Weird.
- We have made several interface updates:
- The World Maps have been updated!
- First and probably the most noticeable, they are now in glorious color.
- In addition we have also updated all of the interface elements of the map! (pst… the play button is in the bottom right… I know right, it took me FOREVER to remember).
- There is also a Return to Map button in Live Mode.
- The relationship inspector (when two Sims are talking, it is the UI that appears in the middle top of the screen) has been updated.
- You can also right click on the Sim portrait in the inspector to center the camera on that Sim.
- We have updated the Screenshots & Memories interface.
- We have also improved the quality of pictures your Sims take, so that they look better when in the screenshot viewer.
- The interface used when an NPC calls your Sim has had been updated.
- As well as… Sims may now call to offer condolences, or congratulate you on that new job or promotion.
- We have updated the Events display for non-goal oriented events. They will now have a bar with the event name and the remaining time countdown.
- This should help with those stealth Welcome Wagon events that would suddenly yell at you for not paying attention to them.
- The camera controls have a new button option to swap between Sims 3 and Sims 4 camera styles.
But wait… there’s more!
…we have a few issues we have been looking into as well.
But that’s not all?
- Sims who are sitting next to each other (such as at a 2x1 table or picnic table) can now converse with other Sims directly next to them without feeling the need to reposition themselves.
- We fixed an issue that could result in all saved games disappearing if an individual save slot was found to be corrupted. We now ignore the corrupted save, allowing the remaining save to be available.
- Players who use IME, will now find that that it works properly with Windows 10.
- We fixed an issue that could result in employees not showing up for work.
- Do you think they were watching ‘Kung Fu’?
- Doc Sweet's Luke-Warm Tonic Dispenser (from Get to Work) and The Chillbox 2100 (from Spa Day) will now properly appear broken when they are broken, rather than being stealth broken. Because broken is broken, no matter how the visual broken'ness may appear.
- Convincing a Sim to leave their spouse while the spouse is present, will now cause the ‘leaved’ spouse to lose relationship with the ‘leaving’ spouse, should the action succeed.
- We fixed an issue that could result in event timers becoming out of synch with the actual time remaining.
- Super speed 3 will no longer trigger when there are still NPCs present during an active event.
- In addition, super speed 3 will no longer attempt to run when there are NPCs on the active lot.
- Bring Here is now an available option on household ghosts when traveling... Because Ghosts are Sims too!
- Should the TV turn off when the Sim is no longer watching or should it stay on? The polls are in, the votes counted, and … I lost. Sims will now turn off the TV when they are finished watching.
- It turns out that a dancing tense Sim was not performing some crazy move called the "hold the invisible box." They were actually attempting to rub their temples from the stress… they just couldn't reach them. We have helped them out and allowed them to reach their temples.
- So long “hold the invisible box” dance move… you were a good friend when I needed one.
- The BLT will no longer sit in a pile of unappetizing grey when on your plate.
- Grey food and unappetizing grey food… pretty much the same thing.
- We fixed an issue where Sims would occasionally react to fire once, then just watch it burn.
- I suppose this is just an issue in a game… but it feels like a societal commentary put forth by the engineer. Life isn’t about just sitting back and letting it happen. You have to get out there, dig your feet in, and put forth some effort.
- Of course… I may be reading too much into it.
- Sims should now appear surprised to see the Grim Reaper.
- Unless of course the Grim Reaper is there to see them… and then they will appear dead.
- Instant Upgrade and Insta-Repair interactions are now available on the Dishwasher.
- We fixed an issue that could result in an unplayable Sim when switching between Sims who are on and off lot.
- You can now put your Grills in your inventory.
- The kind you cook on, right? Great, online chat has ruined my ability to understand the basics of language…
- We fixed an issue that could result in the game freezing when a Sim attempts to repeatedly socialize with another Sim who is currently unable to multitask a socialization action (such as showering or bathing).
- You will no longer be allowed to ask a working bartender, to star or cloud gaze with you. They just have no idea how to multi-task the action, and found themselves flailing about in conflict with the desire to gaze, and the desire to mix drinks… it wasn't pretty. Don't do it!
- Interesting note, this action violated the forgotten rule #4 of the provisos (or quid pro quos) “you can lead a bartender on, but you can’t make him mix and gaze.”
- Sims with a significant other, will now lose the relationship with both the initiater and the initiated when they observe a jealous action betwixt their SO and their SO's not so SO.
- We fixed an issue that could result in low fat Sims not properly displaying muscle tone when going from Create A Sim to Live Mode..
- We fixed an issue that could result in teens, sometimes, holding their cellphone backwards when using it.
- “Hey Marge! This here phone is telling me to ‘afpao a;lodu3’ myself.”
- “That’s just Alexander backwards texting you again George!”
- “Dern that whippersnapper and his backwards cellphone!”
- We fixed an issue that could result in a Sim seated at desk, near a wall, first walking outside when performing their next action.
- We fixed an issue where Sims returning home with low motives, could cause them to fail to perform autonomous actions and just stand idle.
- Loading a saved game will properly focus the camera on the currently active Sim. This was primarily an issue when the Sim was on a floor other than the ground floor.
- Ambient critter effects (insects, fireflies, or similar) will no longer play on the buildable portion of the Comfy Cubby lot.
- We have vigorously applied ample amounts of bug spray in order to keep them at bay*.
- *no actual bugs were harmed in the eradication of the bugs on the Comfy Cubby lot.
- Sims were floating above ground on parts of the Crick Cabana lot in Willow Creek. We have addressed this issue by attaching gravitational stabilizers to the bottoms of all Sims feet which should keep them more firmly attached to the ground. Should the problem persist, please replace the batteries in yours Sims gravitational stabilizers. Thank you.
- Adding the Repair Service or Maid Sim to your household while in the performance of their duties could leave the "work tone" icon permanently attached to their portrait. This issue has been fixed.
- Sims will no longer spin in place when attempting a sneak up on (approach from the side) an ice cream machine.
- Also, it is not true that food that is unaware of your presence will not add to your waist line. Eating from someone else’s plate does not equal zero calories. And eating after midnight will not cause Stripe to get “grumpy”.
- The reach level 5 of the Tech Guru career goal for the Computer Whiz aspiration will no longer complete when you reach level 6… it will now complete when you reach level 5.
- You know, we could have just changed the text but that would change the whole dynamic. And if you haven’t got your dynamic, then you haven’t got anything.
- Previously the maid misunderstood the concept of Sunday and Monday, and turned their Sunday into a Monday, which meant their Monday was their Sunday… and really the whole point of a weekend is to have TWO days consecutively in order to refresh and recharge... breaking up and reversing your Monday and Sunday is just unfortunate… for all involved.
- Sims should no longer flash light and dark while washing dishes at the Pure Simplicity sink.
- …who washes dishes? I just throw them away.
- Objects (such as ceiling lights or cabinets) will no longer pop out of the view of the camera when dragging them to a lot edge.
- Cabinets are no longer sent to the household inventory when an action would cause them to change models (such as moving them from a corner to a flat wall) while automatic counters is on.
- Sims will no longer ignore the existence of the foundation when attempting to use a door along a diagonal wall on a raised foundation.
- Creatures with the power of flight however, will be able to enter the door without issue… so long as they are able to open the door, exist in the game, and have the proper permissions to enter.
- Rugs will no longer appear above the fog.
- Fog being the highly technical term used to denote the “greyish fuzziness” that occurs when the game graphics settings are set to low (greyish fuzziness is also highly technical…).
- Corner Cabinets can now be placed on left wall corners that are adjacent with right wall corners.
- Fun Fact: A corner adjacent to a corner, depending upon direction, is also called a U-turn.
- Placing a tall window on a roof wall should no longer cause an empty space to appear beneath the window
- I did that once, was not easy to fix... Of course, I also had an empty space where the window was… and a lot of glass shards on the ground.
- Circular Neon Tiki Sign and Neon Parrot Sign are now visible from both sides.
- Floor tiles placed in a block that has had its floor removed can now be removed with the sledgehammer tool.
- Placing a basement should now only clobber the objects on the floors above it that should be clobbered when a clobbering action is warranted.
- Clobber: to pound merci… no, um... to defeat overwhelm… no. Maybe go with “to defeat easily”? That one is pretty close… but it is definitely not “someone’s clothes, supplies, or equipment” – because that would just be weird.
- “Did that basement just clobber your room?”
- “Yes, and I had no idea it would look so good in a dress.”
- Wall decoratives placed in a room that is above a basement, will no longer vanish when changing wall heights.
- Spellchecker does not like the word decoratives. What does it expect the plural of a decorative to be? Decoratice?
- Several build objects that are available pursuant to the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, were only available on specific lots. We have removed the lot restrictions for these objects
- I’ve always wanted to misuse the word ‘pursuant.’
- Dishwashers will no longer tell you that they "must be placed on a larger surface” when attempting to place them in an invalid location. Now they will tell you "must be placed on specific objects."
- It’s much clearer this way…
- The flat square block named “Rounded Deck” in the build catalog will no longer be known as the flat square block named “Rounded Deck”. It will hence forth be known as “Flat Square”, or, if you favor nostalgia, the flat square block formerly known as “Rounded Deck.”
- Rugs placed on the ground on certain lots will no longer disappear as the camera was brought closer to them.
- A shy rug… huh… I’ve seen stranger.
- The audio during Build Mode will now play even when the audio quality is set to low.
- The Quaking Aspen tree is now visible at all angles on low graphics settings.
- Using MOO to place objects will no longer improperly position the objects when moving the lot/room to a larger sized lot.
- MOO – move objects… on, except that we don’t use the “on” part in the current cheat. So, it’s really more of a MO.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes when deleting the deck of a home, it would leave behind floating objects, which would then allow the Sim to use those floating objects and get into all sorts of odd animation situations.
- Basement dirt floor is now an available floor pattern in Build Mode, named Bottom of the Basement.