Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Features (Not in the patch notes)

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    So hyped for the new carpet colors. Hated those blasted pastels, they didn't go with anything :grimace:
    I still use CC for really bright colors though, hope we get those next.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Is the ask to just be friends a breakup option?

I saw that today and It was in the Friendly section. I guess it kind of works like in TS3 days where if you did that it would just mean you would be just friends but you wouldn't hate one another.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Awesome! I had not noticed the carpet or wooden floor colors yet. Those have been desperately needed, especially the carpet, since release. Great additions! Bookmarking this thread.

Thank you everyone for sharing the tidbits you are finding. It's incredibly helpful and very much appreciated!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I don't know if it's just me, but do you think the adults look older? Look at the lines around their mouths and under their eyes. I checked in the skin details section, and there weren't any wrinkles added as skin details.

I have some pictures here: http://simlishdistractions.tumblr.com/post/145332615544/omg-did-they-make-the-adults-look-older-look

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Feels like it's been optimized a bit in general. Seems to load faster. Or else my computer's having a really good day. Shaved a few seconds off the load screens, anyway. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me, but do you think the adults look older? Look at the lines around their mouths and under their eyes. I checked in the skin details section, and there weren't any wrinkles added as skin details.

I have some pictures here: http://simlishdistractions.tumblr.com/post/145332615544/omg-did-they-make-the-adults-look-older-look

Do you have aging on? Adults gradually age as they approach the elder stage; wrinkles and lines develop as subtly as the other body changes in the game (fat gain/loss, muscle gain/loss).
  • Options
    Feels like it's been optimized a bit in general. Seems to load faster. Or else my computer's having a really good day. Shaved a few seconds off the load screens, anyway. :)

If it has been optimized, all the better! If it's your computer, well, then that's good for you - it's win/win. Do you notice any improvements on the musical chair issue?
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member

Just checked some adult pre-mades and they do look older.

I also agree that my loading times seemed faster, but they vary a bit for me anyway.
  • Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2016
    I know the UI has been mentioned, but have you noticed the managed world UI has changed too?

XXRQI5C.png?1

Or is it since I haven't played in about 2 weeks and I just think it looks different?! LoL
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »

If it has been optimized, all the better! If it's your computer, well, then that's good for you - it's win/win. Do you notice any improvements on the musical chair issue?

I was only in the game for a few minutes to check things out with a single Sim, so I wasn't able to test that, sorry.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    iAnimeFreakiAnimeFreak Posts: 66 Member
    This is my favorite patch! :)
  • Options

I was only in the game for a few minutes to check things out with a single Sim, so I wasn't able to test that, sorry.

No problem, I'll be able to test myself tonight for a few hours before bed.
  • Options
    LarLynJ wrote: »
    I know the UI has been mentioned, but have you noticed the managed world UI has changed too?

XXRQI5C.png?1

I had not noticed! This is going right up there. More evidence for less flat UI?
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It's quite possible that these features weren't included in the patch notes because the sims team wanted us to find them ourselves; like easter eggs on a dvd.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    @Beanfoot I have aging off right now, and none of these sims are anywhere near elders. Unless maybe the lines develop daily regardless of aging on/off? Although I've played a couple of these sims pretty recently and didn't notice the lines until today.
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    It's quite possible that these features weren't included in the patch notes because the sims team wanted us to find them ourselves; like easter eggs on a dvd.

Whatever the reasoning, it's fun to collaborate with you all on finding them. :)
  • Options
    @Beanfoot I have aging off right now, and none of these sims are anywhere near elders. Unless maybe the lines develop daily regardless of aging on/off? Although I've played a couple of these sims pretty recently and didn't notice the lines until today.

Hm. If aging is off and you've been playing the same characters for months it's probably the patch. What are the odds it's the lighting? I'll put it up on the list with a (?) tag to see if others notice it too.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Whatever the reasoning, it's fun to collaborate with you all on finding them. :)

Very true. Couldn't have put it better myself. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Thank the heavens there are more carpet colors, lol. That's gotta be one of the best additions to this update. There were only what, two or three before?

Carpet's in mega-short supply this time around for sure. It was never a hot commodity in the last couple games but we've only got like 3 options this time around so the re-colours feel like blessings.

There are 3 new carpets coming with DO according to Ninja (I posted about 2 designs I saw in the trailers). That'll double what we have so far.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Thank the heavens there are more carpet colors, lol. That's gotta be one of the best additions to this update. There were only what, two or three before?

Carpet's in mega-short supply this time around for sure. It was never a hot commodity in the last couple games but we've only got like 3 options this time around so the re-colours feel like blessings.

There are 3 new carpets coming with DO according to Ninja (I posted about 2 designs I saw in the trailers). That'll double what we have so far.

You're droppin' knowledge tonight, my dude.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    What on earth is this? Is this new to the patch or am I late to some other patch party?

91d364eda8d647859c76d066fa328e9c.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been seeing that a lot of you have found some patches not officially in the notes, so I thought I'd start this thread to record what you've found.

Features thus far:

1. New carpet colours
    2. Buy a Retail Store menu
    3. UI sharper resolution

Post here and I'll expand the list. :)
    Don't see that here.

We got skyroof and "Get water" in the sink and fridge.

Might be one lucky Simmer's res getting bumped up maybe. I put a question mark after it. Thanks!

@Beanfoot what is skyroof, I did not see that. Can you tell me where it is.

• Options
    Noogster wrote: »
    What on earth is this? Is this new to the patch or am I late to some other patch party?

Afraid you are a little bit late to another patch party. The water re-colours were released last year. I'll find the exact patch for you in a second.
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been seeing that a lot of you have found some patches not officially in the notes, so I thought I'd start this thread to record what you've found.

Features thus far:

1. New carpet colours
    2. Buy a Retail Store menu
    3. UI sharper resolution

Post here and I'll expand the list. :)
    Don't see that here.

We got skyroof and "Get water" in the sink and fridge.

Might be one lucky Simmer's res getting bumped up maybe. I put a question mark after it. Thanks!

@Beanfoot what is skyroof, I did not see that. Can you tell me where it is.

I posted a link along with that item on the list: basically the dance floor from Get Together can now be used as a skylight/"Skyroof" that looks amazing with the new lighting system. :) Enjoy if you have GT!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2016
    Noogster wrote: »

It's a water recolour for pools/fountains. Patched in pre-GT. There are 4 others in the EP. (sparkly aqua like the sea/petals on surface/green with algae/muddy brown)

That purple one looks more red in-game, so looks almost like blood.