Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Features (Not in the patch notes)

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    @DeKay if you scroll through the CAS catalog with the filters ON you will notice that some conversions have been placed inherently into that category - it's particularly evident with hair, so there were some previously female exclusive hairs, like the dreads (the ones that go down the back not the swept to the side ones), that now show up under the masculine filter, I would say those are the ones that have been fully converted and make sense to more binary people as unisex. It's the same with some of the clothes. It works vice versa as well, there are some previously male exclusive items, especially hairs and pj pants, that are now showing under the feminine filter. So hose GT Capri pants were previously feminine exclusive but are now considered fully converted to unisex so also show under the masculine filter. Clothing items that many people still associate with gender are locked under filters to prevent odd townie situations and items that didn't convert as well are also locked under the filters (see the asterisked explanation in the patch notes). It took me a bit to figure this out - hope it helps!

Hmm yeah, you might be right.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    I have never seen this before, but don't know if it's new.

The household was sleeping and one of the sim kids woke up suddenly at about 4:30am with a yell. I did not have the camera on her, but heard it. When I went to have a look, she was sitting up in bed looking around scared/panicked, like she had a nightmare. Has anyone else had it happen in their game before?

I have had this happen prior to this patch, so it's not new (though it is awesome). I've only seen it a handful of times, so I'm hoping they have upped the chance of it. It's more rare than an alien abduction in my game (super rare even when I'm trying), and I always have households of children. I haven't been able to catch a screenshot of it, but I have always been a fan of it.

I am just glad that someone else has seen it, because for a while there I thought maybe I was losing it, lol. This was the only time I have ever seen/heard this, so it does seem to very rare. I will be watching the kids sleep more closely though from now on. :D

I wonder when they added it?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

The household was sleeping and one of the sim kids woke up suddenly at about 4:30am with a yell. I did not have the camera on her, but heard it. When I went to have a look, she was sitting up in bed looking around scared/panicked, like she had a nightmare. Has anyone else had it happen in their game before?

I have had this happen prior to this patch, so it's not new (though it is awesome). I've only seen it a handful of times, so I'm hoping they have upped the chance of it. It's more rare than an alien abduction in my game (super rare even when I'm trying), and I always have households of children. I haven't been able to catch a screenshot of it, but I have always been a fan of it.

I am just glad that someone else has seen it, because for a while there I thought maybe I was losing it, lol. This was the only time I have ever seen/heard this, so it does seem to very rare. I will be watching the kids sleep more closely though from now on. :D

I totally know what you mean! rofl I know I have seen it, but the fact that so few people have has me trying to secure some guru confirmation for Beanfoot. Only Graham has responded on twitter (Ty Graham, you rock!), but he doesn't now anymore than we do. All he could confirm was that it was NOT related to the kids pack. He's going off hearsay too, since he works on SPs. I don't expect him to knock on cubicles either to find out for me. lol Hopefully one of the other Gurus I messaged knows.

Nightmares_zpsbs76umhm.jpg
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Oh that's cool about nightmares.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    This is great, thanks for compiling this. :) Lots of new goodies in this patch. Nice!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ooh, I've never heard my kids scream out from a nightmare! All the time I spent in my game and I never had it occur :'( my kids sleep like rocks :(
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I have a question about the updated UI! Previously, it counted down how many days the sim had before aging up. Now, I can't get that to show... Does anyone know how to see this with the new look?
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Thanks for that @Ceres_Meiriona, now I can't wait until I see it again! Must remember to "check the children". :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    JRBear wrote: »
    I have a question about the updated UI! Previously, it counted down how many days the sim had before aging up. Now, I can't get that to show... Does anyone know how to see this with the new look?

You need to put your cursor over the green bar to see it. It's still there. :)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I haven't gone over the entire thread, but I noticed the high pitched noise when you watch tv on game speed 2 or 3 is gone :) (tv screen is still scrambled) But they may have fixed that with the previous patch, haven't spent a lot of time in live mode after that one.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    I haven't gone over the entire thread, but I noticed the high pitched noise when you watch tv on game speed 2 or 3 is gone :) (tv screen is still scrambled) But they may have fixed that with the previous patch, haven't spent a lot of time in live mode after that one.

Oh thank god. I sold my TV because of that sound.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    Raven_CatRaven_Cat Posts: 74 Member
    There's a "Practice dancing" interaction on full-length mirrors that I haven't seen before. One of my kids had a nightmare too, but his sleep bar was full so I thought I was imagining things. Glad to know I wasn't, it's pretty cool
  • Options
    TrishaBelleTrishaBelle Posts: 36 Member
    Could siblings always annoy one another or is it new? It has the cutest animation and really adds some depth to sibling rivalry.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2016
    I haven't checked other venue types, but, did you know you can now order water at the bar in a nightclub?

Also, my sim now gets the option to tell another sim, "Just go away!" and the sim will leave group chat immediately.

Actually i have a husband and wife at a party and they are in a group chat but they can click on any sim outside of their chat and there is the option to tell the other sims "Just go away".

Post edited by Sunirose on
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Sunirose wrote: »
    I haven't checked other venue types, but, did you know you can now order water at the bar in a nightclub?

Also, my sim now gets the option to tell another sim, "Just go away!" and the sim will leave group chat immediately.

Actually i have a husband and wife at a party and they are in a group chat but they can click on any sim outside of their chat and there is the option to tell the other sims "Just go away".

Wow, if this is a thing it's huge! Along with water and friendly break up, this patch added a lot of things needed in the game! I was always annoyed with randoms entering my conversations, this makes the game much better! Also love that there is water in bars, you can roleplay sims that don't drink alcohol!
  • Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    Is this watch new with the update? If not, sorry but I've never seen it before.

jXLaP13.png?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    LarLynJ wrote: »

jXLaP13.png?1

It looks like one in the base game.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Couldn't see it in the patch notes and not sure if it's been mentioned, I haven't got time to read the whole thread now but it's on my reading list for later (m.i.l. Coming over so frantically tidying) but when you dump down a lot from your gallery now the lot you dump it on no longer keeps its default name, it uses the name you've given your lot instead. It may be a small change but when I put my lots all in Newcrest (I rebuilt it) and didn't have to rename all the lots (as I've had to before) I was so happy.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Couldn't see it in the patch notes and not sure if it's been mentioned, I haven't got time to read the whole thread now but it's on my reading list for later (m.i.l. Coming over so frantically tidying) but when you dump down a lot from your gallery now the lot you dump it on no longer keeps its default name, it uses the name you've given your lot instead. It may be a small change but when I put my lots all in Newcrest (I rebuilt it) and didn't have to rename all the lots (as I've had to before) I was so happy.

Wow, this is so huge! This patch changed a lot! I always had to change the name manually to what it was in the gallery when rebuilding the town, now It's something they relly made be what happens! The game changes so much and so many things get added with each big patch that I can't imagine what the game will look like a year from now, and who knows in the end of it's cycle! :D
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I totally know what you mean! rofl I know I have seen it, but the fact that so few people have has me trying to secure some guru confirmation for Beanfoot. Only Graham has responded on twitter (Ty Graham, you rock!), but he doesn't now anymore than we do. All he could confirm was that it was NOT related to the kids pack. He's going off hearsay too, since he works on SPs. I don't expect him to knock on cubicles either to find out for me. lol Hopefully one of the other Gurus I messaged knows.

Nightmares_zpsbs76umhm.jpg

It's so cool kids have nightmares now. Finally some family play in TS4, and patched in. It's small but it's something. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    LarLynJ wrote: »

jXLaP13.png?1

It looks like one in the base game.

It's a BG male watch, but looks like it's one of the unisex things they made default available for females too. (That's if you haven't unchecked the "Masculine" tag on accessories.)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    has it been mentioned the new recipe serve lunch gumbo, you need an onion, a crawdad (whatever that is) and an insect. when I find out what a crawdad is my sim is going to make it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    has it been mentioned the new recipe serve lunch gumbo, you need an onion, a crawdad (whatever that is) and an insect. when I find out what a crawdad is my sim is going to make it.

Hello @feetinstockings
    The gumbo recipe came with Outdoors Retreat pack. It is unlocked at cooking level 8.
    The crawdad are Granite Falls fish. This is a link about the fish
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-guide/#Fish
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    Omg you just said new carpet colours -cries with happiness- Slowly sims 4 is turning out to be a good game
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    "Just go away" belongs to a mod. The teleport any sim mod, I think. See here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=573162