Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#MoodMade - Wedding P8 - FOUR New Homes P9

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    The Retail store is looking great! Very realistic! Looking forward to more pics! :)
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Thank you both! I'm glad you like what you've seen so far. :smile: The question is, do you like what you see now...

07-07-15_7-07nbspPM_zpsvcfuyodt.png

The building has been extended and reaches further towards the back of the lot.

07-07-15_7-05nbspPM-2_zpslre3ozid.png

An interior shot from behind the counter.

07-07-15_7-06nbspPM_zpsftb3qj29.png

An interior shot facing the counter.

The interior of the store is complete, however, I met fiddle with the lighting a bit; I'm still not sure that it's 100%.

I've made an entrance to the living area upstairs at the back of the building. I'll be completely the living area before uploading the lot. Once the patch is out on Thursday your Sims will be able to live on the lot without the worry of other Sims wandering in.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    Your WIP is continuing to look very nice! :) The extension of the building looks great! It gives a nice longer look to the build. The furnishing of the interior of the shop looks very nice! The texture of the walls looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the clothes shelves on the wall and have the tables with the folded clothes on them. The setting up of the mannequins on the rugs looks nice. The placement of the ceiling lights will spotlight the items/mannequins on display well. Very nice armchairs sitting area for sims to sit and rest after shopping. The red and purple colours of the walls and pillars add a nice look in the room.
    The build looks a very nice place for sims to do clothing shopping! :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow! I've pretty much finished with the store now; I tweaked the lighting (and made use of the new lights in the latest patch, thanks Gurus, you dropped those at just the right time!).

I'm wondering; would it be better NOT to furnish the upstairs living quarters? I'm just thinking; if you're starting out with a new Sim and want them to buy a business early on then the clothing store will be much cheaper with the upstairs area incomplete. What do you guys think? Would it be better to complete the living quarters or leave them so that the store is cheaper for Sims just starting out?
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    It might be better to leave the top area unfurnished. It would make the store cheaper to buy. Then sims could then furnish it more as they earned more money.
    Some simmers though may like to have it furnished perhaps just with the basics?
    Whichever way you decide will be great :)
  • Options
    Rosemow, thank you for your advice. I think you're right; it'll be far cheaper without the upstairs furnished; seeing as it's not essential to the build I'll upload it without furnishing it. Expect the lot to drop soon!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Beautiful store! I agree with dear rose unfurnished
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I've not responded here for so long! I've been incredibly busy working six day weeks and when I did get a few days off I had my family come to stay. Anyway, down to business. Firstly, thank you for your advice. I have left the top of the build unfurnished to lower the cost of the lot. I have spent this afternoon completing and testing the lot and I can confirm that everything works perfectly. So, without further ado I introduce to you my first retail build of TS4...

Blue Velvet Clothing

Date Added: 02/08/15

This lot can be found in the 'Retail Builds' section of this thread.

Blue Velvet Clothing provides Sim City with only the finest and most modern of threads. Whether you wish to run the business yourself or simply drop in to shop, Blue Velvet Clothing offers only the best.

Lot Size: 20x15
    Furnished Price: 76,031
    Unfurnished Price: 40,676
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get to Work
    Fun Fact: Blue Velvet Clothing takes it's name from the lot on which it was initially built (and I would thoroughly recommend placing it on this lot!) 'Blue Velvet.' Only one nightclub was hurt in the creation of this lot.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #Retail #Store #Shop #NoCC

TS4BVCMM_zpshuraz4kt.png

I hope you all like the lot! It's taken me quite some time and evolved from a bakery to a clothes store! Any and all constructive criticism is welcome as always (how else will I learn to improve?). Now, I'm off to find some inspiration for an ice cream parlour! ;)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    It is great that you have finished and uploaded your WIP store. Blue Velvet Clothing is very nice! :) It is nice that you have named it after the lot that used to be there. The exterior design of the store is very nice! I have already written about the exterior and interior earlier so I won't write again, but just wanted to say that the finished store is very nice! Sims will enjoy shopping for clothing there! :)
  • Options
    As always Rosemow I appreciate your time and your kind comments, thank you very much. :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    drslimidrslimi Posts: 207 Member
    Ooooo I love blue velvet clothing! Totally adding it to my new Newcrest development!
    Visit my blog for all of my downloads, pictures, and videos!!!
    www.SimsCreations.com
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Great job on blue velvet Clothing! Very edgy and realistic. Great job!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Nicely done! I love the interiors! Good job! :)
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Your comments are very kind. :smile: It seems that I captured the exact look I was going for in the clothing store. I'm now working on a farmhouse build (which was initially going to be entered into the BNS Contest but there's no way I can stick to the budget; I'll have to find ANOTHER farmhouse to build for that). Here's a preview, I hope you like it!

08-04-15_11-25nbspAM_zpsgl8mv7ms.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Your new farmhouse WIP looks very nice! @Moodbeamy :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice wraparound porch! The flower box open shutter windows look very pretty! It looks great that you have placed an enlarged truck in the build! The terrain painting of the driveway looks great! The flowers on the edges of the driveway look very nice.
    It is looking great! :)
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    I love The Elizabeth :smiley: Shall be swiftly downloading that as soon as I'm in-game.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    @Rosemow - Again thank you for your kind words! I'm glad that you like the farmhouse build so far!

@EniracY - I'm very happy that you like The Elizabeth, it's nice to see one of my older builds getting some love! I hope you enjoy playing with it in game!

Now, I have ANOTHER preview of the farmhouse build...

Now, I have been working on some landscaping. I made a pretty odd design decision.

08-05-15_11-33nbspPM-2_zpsxexxwz70.png

Spotted it yet?

Take another look.

Perhaps to the left?

The far left...

Ah! See it?

That's right! I've decided to drop odd bits of fence and landscape around them! Why? Well, most farmhouses are pretty old. And we all know that farmers are rich poor. Therefore they may not be able to afford to maintain their fences. I like to think that this makes the farmhouse itself look older. It may not. But your opinions on it would be much appreciated! Thank you!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    The type of and way you have used the fencing adds a great look to the outdoors! :) It adds to the creating of the farmhouse look and feel. The plants look great placed around the fencing. The green colour of the exterior of the home looks very nice.
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Great farmhouse and clothing store!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Hi everyone! I would like to thank everyone that has given me feedback on the farmhouse as I've built it; it's really helped me with some of the decisions I made whilst building the lot. The farmhouse is now complete and will serve as my first ever entry into the Build & Share Contest! So, without further ado, introducing...

Old Ma's Farm

Date Added: 06/08/15

This lot can be found in the 'Family Homes' section of this thread.

Old Ma's Farm is the perfect farmhouse for those green fingered Sims. With a large area for gardening at the back of the lot and a charmingly rustic interior Old Ma's Farm is ready for anything you want to 'grow' at it! The farmhouse includes two bedrooms and two bathrooms and serves as a fantastic mid range home for those families wishing to expand.

Lot Size: 40x30
    Furnished Price: 56,964
    Unfurnished Price: 37,509
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
    Fun Fact: Old Ma's Farm serves as my first ever entry into the Build & Share Challenge.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #NoCC #Farm #Garden #FamilyHome #BnS24 #MoodMade

MMOMFC_zps4hgf9wkj.png

I really hope that you all like the lot! I've spent quite a number of hours over the last few days trying to perfect it down to the last detail (whilst sticking to a budget which is a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be!). Please let me know what you think, and, as always, constructive criticism is most welcome. :smile:
    Post edited by Moodbeamy on
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Your WIP is continuing to look very nice! :) It looks nice how you have placed stairs on each side of the front corner. The brown texture of the shed is nice. Very nice kitchen! The floral kitchen wall pattern is very pretty! Very nice cream colour scheme of the room! The way you have placed the cabinets looks nice. It is great that you are decided on a name for your build.
  • Options
    Thank you very much Rosemow! I'm pleased that you like the build and all of it's features. :smiley: The lot is now available on The Gallery! :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Old Ma's Farm is very cozy! :smiley:
    I'm going to comment on the rest as I already commented about something from my WIP thread. Your backyard area is beautiful! Awesome work on terrain paint, it really reflects from the farm very well! And your interior, cozy! I love that soft color scheme and very cozy feel too!
    I love it! I'm not sure if I faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley: Also, best lucks on your Build-n-Share challenge too! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16