Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Good Morning Everyone and a Happy New Year

Now that most of the silly season is over(for us retail workers that time is usually from February 14th-December 25th :D ) hopefully I will be able to squeeze in some extra game time.I've been playing TS3 mostly even though I update and purchase all the new TS4 stuff as it comes out.It just doesn't hold my attention for very long but it's a good game if my time is limited.

The toddler thing was never really that big of an issue for me but with the addition of them in a patch I figured I would see what they could add to game play.
    01-13-17_2-46-41nbspPM.png

01-13-17_2-41-17nbspPM.png

01-13-17_2-52-27nbspPM.png

They are adorable and hopefully with the different traits available it won't seem like playing with the same toddler over and over.

And for a random TS3 shot,one of my plant sims from Mesa Valley with her alien half brother.
    Screenshot-40.jpg

@tammyjo329 I'd be interested to see what kind of challenge you come up with for that Monopoly world.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Toddlers in TS4 are well done, so much well done that now it is clear how poorly done other life stages are, i wish children and teens would have been so treated by the team... now I even hope they will be
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Ohhh it's lovely to see so many of you visit and say hello!

Really sorry you've been sick @DOLLDRMS1 and so glad you and hubby are feeling better now!

And Juceda I really don't think there is any need to feel badly over the whole toddlers fiasco! There was never a shred of information any where that they were thinking about adding them and there was a whole lot of little clues that added up to them not coming! So it's a nice surprise and I do think they were very well done. Alas they do not completely save the game; I updated and played a bit but it was so boring that all I've done so far is to actually watch the toddlers on YouTube. Funny but watching this game on YT makes me feel like I have already played it since what you see is what you get. :D

@tammyjo329 I am very curious about your Monopoly world! I'm sure there would be some people interested; if not now then later (because, you know, sometimes people are already into a current game and might look for something new after they get bored of it).

@Rflong7 I really, really hope that the next Sims game suits me a lot better than this one has. I don't like the fuzziness either. Or the plasticity of everything. Or the lack of customization options. Or the simplified, task-oriented game play. Or...well, guess I'll quit now; don't want to write a book about it! :p

But gee it's been great to hear from you all! :hugs:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    laratschannenlaratschannen Posts: 99 Member
    @tammyjo329 : what kind of challenge? I think I'd like this world!!
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Well I am certainly glad to see some interest in my Simopoly challenge world!

It's gonna be a sims challenge where your main goal will be to buy up as much property as you can. Your only income will be from collecting, selling skill items like paintings etc and collecting income from your properties. I want to have rules for single player and rules for multi-player or multi-household play. I want to be able to have a game going with my granddaughter when she comes over. She loves to play sims with me. It's just too bad her little sister is still too young to play sims.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

it sounds great @tammyjo329
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    laratschannenlaratschannen Posts: 99 Member
    That sounds awesome!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hey guys - so good to see you all - and yes DD I have played with the toddlers and there is a good deal about them that remind me of the Sims 2 ones - so I was delighted. So sorry to hear you and the family were so ill DD . Good to see you back for sure.

After I took them for a spin to test them out - I decided to reset my whole game and started a legacy - still trying to get my sweethearts to fall in love enough to get them married and all... but we are still working on the new place - and I still do not have hardly any of my stuff yet - so it is a bit of a juggling act - but oh so much better than the camper. But the main hold up is getting the drywall finished (and papered) in the two bedrooms so we can move stuff into them. I can't get my living room stuff here until I get all this sleeping items out of the living room.

Needless to say it is a hassle when you need to have work done in a house with you in it and in the winter time here in Maine. But I do have my beloved desk and chair and my pc set up. We finally got some real good internet - much more expensive than I was happy with - but the choices here was either lousy internet for cheaper price or much more expensive really fast internet for a high price. It is 150 down or something on that order - but super fast. Because of the high price we just settled on the bare basics for tv - as we really do not do a lot of tv anyway.

Well I think I have caught you all up - there is not much left to say any way in that regard - but I do have a sad note to drop - Pete lost his dad tonight - we got the call about 730. So he is really sad. He lost his mom just a 4 years ago and now his dad.

I can't end this here - as I did get some good news on DM - as you all know Shelly lets me know when she can how he is doing - and she just let me know night before last that he is pretty much officially back to his old "cranky" self - her words, not mine. I told her that was part of his charm and why we all adore him on this thread. I told her to tell him hello from all of us and wished he would drop in now and then. He has a new dog - Shelly said it was a rescue - a smaller dog this time - a Jack Russell terrier she said they call Diva because she is such a little Diva. So I would be willing to bet having another dog went a long way to helping DM recover further.

So mixed news for sure from many ends of the spectrum -

But yes - the toddler download is done really well and it is totally free - so if you have the base game - it might be worth your wiles to download and try it out. It makes a big difference in the game to - me - real big-

Talk with you all later - I have to go take a shower and get ready for bed - going to be a tough day tomorrow and very sad. Pete was pretty close to his dad... Hugs all around. Reggie.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Hi Reggie,

Sorry to hear about Pete's Dad, but glad to hear DM is doing well. Sounds like you will be a bit busy for awhile.

• Options
    Yes - but knowing me I will still make time for Sims in between. LOL.

Thank you regarding Pete's dad. It was a shock to say the least. Another case of pneumonia suddenly turning on an older person I guess. It was shocking because they said he was doing great and had just sent him out of the hospital to the rehabilitation facility to finish healing up. They moved him just Friday morning in fact. His doctor said he would probably get released period in a few more days - and then we get the call last night he had taken a nap after dinner and just didn't wake up. It is hard to fathom it seeing he was well enough to be moved then dies 2 days later - It is mind blowing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Sounds like it was quite a shock. I am so sorry for your and Pete's loss, WR.

That is good news about DM. Glad to hear that.

I don't remember if I mentioned it but I've sold my house. I'm at the house now since the movers will be here in a few hours to take the big stuff I wasn't able to move myself. Closing is this coming Monday. It will be nice when this is all finally over with!

• Options
    That is great Tangie - I bet it will be a big relief to get it over with and you get settled permanently. The waiting for that to happen get mind numbing - so it must be great to be in the last stretch of your mission to get it all done. Great news.

Thank you for your kindness regarding Pete's dad.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Writin_Reg , so sorry to hear about Pete's dad. That must have been such a shock.

I am glad to know that DM is feeling well enough to be cranky, lol. Sure wish there was a way for him to get back onto the forums. I've seen others I know have come back under a different name after being banned but don't know how they do it. The lack of toddlers was a big issue for him, too, and I wonder if he's tried out the game again since their addition. Thanks for passing along a "hi" from all of us.

BTW, now I'm curious as to how you like the Vampires. I know you enjoy supernatural play. I got the pack but haven't really had time to play with it. Oddly enough, one of the things I wanted from the pack was the pre-made Vlad, lol. Loved the fact he reminds me so much of Count Orlok from the 1922 Nosferatu movie.

@tammyjo329 , your Simopoly world looks great! Really creative.

@Rflong7 , somehow it feels to me that unless some type of creative tools are added, TS4 just isn't your thing. At least there are other sim games you can play and create for, if you so desire, and one can never say "never" where a game is concerned. Something added may yet create a little interest and fun for you.

@junceda , Malicious? No way! I had the same reaction as Tangie when I read your post. I agree that I can't possibly imagine you having a mean bone in your body.

@Greenb70 , Enjoyed seeing the toddler pics. I still haven't played a toddler yet but they look so well done and I've enjoyed looking at pics in different forum threads.

@HappySimmer3 , Woot, you sold your house! You must feel like there is finally a light at the end of a tunnel. So happy for you.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Hey DD - no he has not put the games back in - according to what little I know on the issue I am pretty sure he also got himself banned on Origin as well so without going the expense of paying over again and a new name I just don't see how he would make that happen even if he wanted to. He has been DM for a long time and I don't think he will even bow down on the many issues he was arguing about. He especially did not like being forced to do patches to install new content constantly and he felt they were pushing content on him he was not happy with either. He likes what he adds to his game to be his choice. I fully get that. He always knew exactly how he wanted his game and forcing patches on him was a really sore point.

That said I am still not sure if a particular patch angered him the most or if it was just the constantly forcing things in his game - but either way I can understand him not liking that kind of way of doing things any more then them not doing disks any more either. I am sure he did not need all that stress at that time either - so it's just too sad. I really doubt he will try again at least with Sims 4.

Shelly did send me a short note in regard to the toddlers as she knew how lost I was with out them. She had uninstalled her Sims 4 too - but did tell me she was thinking of reinstalling and trying the tioddlers seeing they were free and all. So maybe he might find a way to come here through her account. That would be sweet if he does. I am not sure which name Shelly will use or which Avatar - so we will just need to all come here if anyone sees a new name. *She was Mapiya in Sims 3 and Charity Hope in Sims 4 last I knew. I think I am spelling those right. LOL. So chances are if we see her Avatar here - it is most likely DM as I don't believe she has ever came here on our thread. I invited her a few times - but she's a bit shy and generally only does a PM when I hear from her over on FB.

But yes - I do wish he would drop by.

Oh yes - DD I do love the Supernaturals - but could not get it until Wednesday. Ironically I am actually playing a human and training him up to be a Vampire Hunter. I am having a blast. So I am jumping back and forth with that story in Forgotten Hollow and my new Legacy family with their toddler in Windenburg. The best of both worlds. I went and got yet another cold and bronchitis again - so I can't do much else anyway. My months in the camper did a number on my respiratory system - this make 5 Bronchial colds for me since June.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    *waves* I switched jobs in December, found a larger Accounting office with great benefits, better pay, insurance, 401(k); the works. Plus all the overtime hours I can work during tax season. :smiley: Everyone I work with is great and I can definitely see myself there long term. :#

I've only had a short time to play with the new toddler patch, but they are adorable. I might get the Vampire pack in the near future, but I have limited time to play, it can wait. I have skipped a number of the packs and game stuff, but the Vampires look like a lot of fun from what I've seen so far. I'm playing a bit more now that I can actually make my sims look like elves without using custom accessories (though it is still a mod, it is at least inheritable so children get the pointy ears) I have a modified legacy family. I did start with two sims, but they aren't married and I adjusted the money down. But I'm starting out with elves and seeing how long the ears stick XD

@Writin_Reg so sorry to hear about Pete's dad, and you try to take care not to get sick again, chest colds are so hard on a body.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    That's great news about your new job, @simbody872! So happy to hear that you found something better. I knew some place else would snap you up. :D

Thanks everyone for the nice words on my selling the house.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Thank you Simbody. Pete says to thank you all for the prayers - he appreciates it.

Simbody believe me I try not to catch things - and cannot understand why this year has been so hard losing the fight not to catch a cold. My immunities are supposed to be much better than they were - but surely makes me wonder after this year. Probably I stress too much - hopefully that all improves now.

Yes, congrats on the new job Simbody. A better job is always a good thing for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Hi Everyone :smile:

Congrats on selling your house Tangie. I'm so happy for you. We are getting our house ready to put on the market this spring.

Hi DD! It's so good to see you popping here.

It's good to hear DM is doing better. Thanks for the update Reggie!

Congrats Simbody on your new job. Sounds like a great opportunity for you.

ohh and I finished and released my Simopoly world if any of you want to take a look at it. forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910171/simopoly-a-monopoly-challenge-world-finished-and-released/p1?new=1

• Options
    Good luck with selling your house, @tammyjo329, and thank you!

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe it is March already. What strange weather we've had this winter. Warm for two days then cold for two days, then rinse and repeat.

Not much to report on my end. We do have a cat with some issues that resulted in an overnight stay at the vet but she is home this evening. Will need to take another to the doc soon because she is limping a bit. Other than that, hoping to help Mom do some yard work in a month or so. Planning an antique shopping trip with my cousins and Aunt and Mom although I doubt I'll buy anything because I'd just have to store it some where right now. But it will be fun to look! That will likely happen in April or May. And I'm still Simming, but have only played TS3.

Like I said, not much going on with me right now. But that's not altogether a bad thing. Hope you all are doing well also. :)

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi Tangie - Nothing new here. Pete's dads memorial is tomorrow - things move slow in New England. His job is going well and he loves it. His boss made his dad a nice Placque to honor him (Pete designed it) from the company so he can place it at the Memorial - it has a place to put his dads picture in it.

I thought that was mighty nice of them seeing they did not even know Pete's dad. That's the way it is in small towns though.

I am playing Sims but Sims 4 is the one I am working on at present. I finally found I could get some interest in it once we got toddlers and the Vamps - so I finished buying the content I was missing and at present am enjoying the dickens out of the Vamps - my sim is a Vamp slayer - not a Vamp. I also have a couple other households - Legacies and I am really loving these toddlers a lot.

Tangie I know the feeling of having everything still packed and unreachable - as I still have very little back here yet. There is still a ton of work that needs to be done here in the rent that has to wait for warmer weather - - so we decided to leave everything in storage until all the work is done. No sense in making it difficult for the dry wallers and painters etc. But it is a pain sometimes when I know I have something and go looking only to recall that is not a box that is here yet. Still it is miles better here than in that camper.

Oh no - I hope the kitties are both going to be alright Tangie. At least our Cilla is doing good. She likes the new place a lot and surprisingly has not had any negative affects from our 8 months in the camper anyway. She has her "daddy" she is a daddies girl for sure, and that's all that matters to Cilla. LOl. She's a sweetheart though.

Also we got my full internet back and much better cable than we had finally this week - so now the skies the limit - well at least as far as tv and internet go anyway. LOL. But so good to have my super fast internet back - even if the price was a bit outrageous..

With - that - that's about all there is to post at present.
    Hugs to you all - Reggie.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Hi Tangie and Reggie!

Sounds like you both are doing better!

Sorry though to hear your kitty is not doing so well Tangie. We also are having a few nice 50 - 60 degree weather then bam back down to 20-30's again! So glad it is finally March and the nice days are lasting longer before the cold ones come back! We had 5 nice days in a row last week! Yeah it was 27 degrees this morning and warmed up to 34! woohoo!

I'm glad Pete likes his new job and it is going well. Hopefully all the work will be done soon and you can unpack all your stored boxes!

I'm doing well myself. My hubby still has good days and bad, but more good ones than bad now. His spirits are up, I can always tell when he is having a good day. He likes to tease me and joke around when he is feeling better.

We still hope to put the house up for sale this spring, but it may take a bit longer, to get it ready. Just found out we may have to replace the roof and we have to fix the Jeep. Since both are very pricey repairs, we might not be ready to put it on the market until late spring.

I'm still playing both sims 3 & 4. More sims 3 than 4. Though I am enjoying Sims 4 more now that we have toddlers! I found some really fun challenges to play. The Drifter challenge and a new one called PostApocolypse Murkland.

Good to see you both pop in! I hope the others are doing well too!
    Hugs to everyone :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you both on the well-wishes for the kitties. We actually have three with health issues. One of our old guys hasn't been in great health for quite a few years but he keeps on ticking. Lately he has been feeling worse and the vet thinks he may have liver cancer but that's been over a month ago and he is doing a little better now - at least so far. We figure as long as he still eats and wants attention now and then we will try to make him as comfy as possible.

The one who was most recently at the vet is still not feeling well. We haven't been able to get her to eat much at all. If she doesn't eat by Monday she will have to go back to the vet. And my little dainty Minnie has had a bum leg since we met her; she was a pregnant stray and we don't think she was quite a year old at the time. I kept both her and her baby Pixie (who I was going to name "Minnie-Me" but decided that would he too confusing. LOL. But she is a nearly identical Tuxedo just like her Mom). But she is favoring that leg a lot more than usual so I am going to take her in to let the vet look at it.

On top of that, my crown fell out so now I need to find a dentist. Hopefully I can scrape up enough money to pay for all this!

Great to hear that Pete loves his job - and that was a very nice thing for his company to do. And Tammyjo I am also really glad to hear that your DH is doing a lot better. I hope the bad days get fewer and farther between soon. Sorry to hear about all your upcoming expenses. It's always something!

Hugs back at you both, and to anyone lurking. :)

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    ***A light knock at the door***

Just dropping by to say hello everyone. School is kicking my tail even worse than before this week alone had 4 papers to turn in, all but one were at least 2000 words or more. and these are not even the major papers that will be due at the end of the semester. thank god only one more week until spring break, Is it June yet?!?! Miss you all!!!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Waves running up to give you a big hug! Hi Flstrider!

So good to see you popping in. Sounds like you are very busy with school. I hope the next few months blow by quickly for you. June will be here before you know it. Good luck with your papers!