Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    @junceda you have some of the cutest baby and toddler pics I've seen. Love 'em. Happy Holidays back at you!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Woot! Happy Holidays all you Lovely Simmers! I sure do miss all the fun we had here. :Big Hugs and Lots of Wonderful wishes for Us All:
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi and happy holidays to everyone! <3
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yay - we are moving into the mobile home. Happy Holidays all. Big hugs al around. Me too Rflong -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    YAY for you, Reg!!!

And I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! <3
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Oh that's awesome news, @Writin_Reg! That should be much more comfortable for you.

And belated Happy Holidays to you all! We had a quiet one here but that's not a bad thing. Will probably have a quiet New Year's eve, too! Hope the new year is good to all of you. Best wishes!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Just back to wish everyone a lovely New Year's Eve and a Wonderful and Happy New Year!

• Options
    Happy New Year World Explorers - I am in the mobile home - warm and comfy - finally have back my beloved desk and office chair too.

Last night my youngest son and his wife held a family dinner so we could all be there together at last. It was nice and the first time in eons there was a big feast and I did not have to do all the cooking - in fact I was not allowed to do anything. We had a great time - so it seems 2016 went out on a positive note and we all welcomed in a great and hopefully much better New Year -

but I could not just come "home" (yes so good to say that word again after 8 grueling months in a camper)

without wishing all of you a very Happy New Year! Bless you all for always being here for me all these years - so of course I had to stop by. BIG New years welcoming in hugs. Have a great New years day all of you.

Good riddance 2016 - welcome 2017 - it's got to be a better year....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    So good to hear you are finally out of the camper!

Happy New Year everyone!
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @Writin_Reg Congrats on the new home and hope that this year treats you kindly.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Happy New Year for you all!!!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    HI! Happy New Year to Everyone and Many Wonderful Wishes for the New Year. :HUGZ:

zsx2mv.jpg
  • Options
    So agree. They seem to like Squeezing Sims 3 forums out of sight.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    It took me Forever to find CAW....they should at least label CAW beneath the tools header. What a royal pain!
  • Options
    I know, I really don't like the new organization. I found it difficult to find before, and now it's nearly impossible!

But boy I am gobsmacked that they've added toddlers to TS4. And they look really well done, too. That game has lots of other issues but I do now feel more positive about it and what they might be able to do with it going forward.

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm in the Northern Hemisphere and if you are in the Southern Hemisphere - stay cool! :)

• Options
    I haven't updated yet either! But I'm about to do that. It will probably take hours with my Internet, though. :p

I understand. There are so many other issues that I have with the game that I'm sure I'll eventually quit in frustration and run back to TS3. But for the first time they have restored a little of my faith back. We'll see if they can keep it going and fix the other problems. :D

And if you ever get the desire to create with CAW again, I'd freaking LOVE a rural small farm town with the streets laid out in an actual grid (like they are IRL!) instead of looping all over the map, with a railroad running through town to supply the little factories with materials. I'd love to attempt to recreate my little midwestern home town as it was 30-40 years ago but so far me and CAW aren't on speaking terms. :D

• Options
    Well mine just finished updating ... only took a few minutes. I haven't played S4 in months, but now that they added toddlers ... and they do look so cute ... I am going to have to dive back in and see how it goes with the new toddlers.

I'm still using CAW, but mostly just for myself. I am currently working on a Simopoly world that is set up just like a monoply board sort of ... I'll try to get some pics and post them next week.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Hi World Explorers!

I hope everyone had really good holidays and that 2017 is off to a good start. I hadn't played nor really been online for weeks, so that's why I'm late with good holiday wishes for everyone. Unfortunately, we were struck with flu, followed by pneumonia. I spent Christmas in bed with fever, chills and in all around misery, yuk. My DH and I are just starting to get back to normal.

I just found out about the toddler update yesterday afternoon. Took a minute for the words "toddler update" to sink in, lol. Like @HappySimmer3 I, too, was gobsmacked. Whereas, I had initially thought when I first played TS4 that they would be added some day, I was seriously starting to doubt that belief at this stage of the game. I had read some things in the Simulation Tech Talk thread that had made me realize how difficult it was going to be for a sim to hold a toddler with both hands and still be able to interact with other sims. Shoot, sims can't even talk to another sim while fishing because of that hand issue, so I began to wonder how in the heck they would ever get toddlers introduced.

I had to laugh at myself because after seeing the toddler news, the first simmer I thought of was @Writin_Reg . Reg, have you played with the toddlers yet? They look really well done. I don't even have any babies in my current save. I base the observation on watching a repeat of some of the livestream and looking at some of the toddler pics posted in the forum. BTW, glad to see you've gotten moved and are more comfortable. Oops, just went back a few pages and saw what you had been through with your sons. Glad things improved and was also happy to see you now have a phone number for your brother. Yay!

Tangie, I think you're brave to even try CAW! I can't imagine wrangling with that tool myself.

@Rflong7 , I still wish they would release a world building tool you could create with but since we can't add lots, or even have a terrain tool, for TS4, I'm not optimistic about that happening. Still, I hope something comes along you find interesting for TS4. No interest in even the upcoming Vampires?

@tammyjo329 , a Simopoly world certainly sounds creative. Do post pics.

@Greenb70 , just saw the pic you posted of the zombie in the rocking chair. Cracked me up, although I can't say that I miss zombies. Never liked them, lol.

@junceda , Versailles looks like a gorgeous world!

What's with deleting the sub-category area under the TS3 listings? I think TS3 is still being played by enough people they should keep it easy for people to peruse the TS3 section, imho.
  • Options

Hi you´ll!

I have to comment because I´ve so many times stated that toddlers were never coming to TS4 that I feel rather unfeithfull, malicious and even somehow silly... but you know... everything was telling us that toddlers would never be...

Any way all is good if it ends well and all that trouble about toddlers is off and for good so lets cheer up and go to play them a little. I reinstalled TS4, made a couple of families with toddlers and they are cute, good animations and interactions, they made me make peaces with TS4 for sure.

Playing the game again from scratch is not all rainbows, all my mods are updated and I have to rebuild and reinstall a bunch of lots and households, but again that´s also playing IMO. I will do it by and by because though I can play TS4 now without that bad feeling of "before toddlers" times, there is still the lack of World, CASt, terrain tools etc, there is still the repetitiveness and the RPG vibe, there are still the teleporting, the culling and the loading screens, but all in all it is a Sims game and I will be glad to play it from time to time along with TS2 to have a break from my great favourite TS3.

Plus I have the feeling, may be I am an evil person for that, that "we have won", they (EA) said (mostly with their silence) that toddlers were difficult to do and out of "their visión", they (TS4 lovers) said that the game was perfect without them because they were useless and a burden, well, here they are, and we, those who kept on asking for them, family players who kept on whiming and complainning have won! let´s cheer up!

TS4 is now a better game, we simmers are to congratulate for this!

I send you all my love!

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    lol Junceda, I don't think anyone here can imagine you with a single evil bone in you (so don't beat yourself up over it). You did make me chuckle over feeling malicious towards EA over toddlers.

I think we are all glad to see that EA is listening (sorta some of the time) and finally gave us toddlers in TS4. Now if only we can hope for an open world with a new creative tools for TS5 (if there is gonna be a TS5 - I hope so).

I don't have any toddlers in game yet, but my drifter sim is pregnant .... so soon I will get to try them out myself! :smiley:

Hi DD! so good to see you back on the forums. That sounds like you guys were seriously ill for sometime. I am glad to hear you are all feeling better.

Hugs everyone <3
  • Options

Thanks so much @tammyjo329, what you said means a lot to me!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options

Hi everyone I have a few pics of Simopoly ready. Do you think anyone would be interested in this world or a new challenge game made for it?

screenshot-4.jpg
    screenshot-12.jpg
    screenshot-2.jpg
    screenshot.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
  • Options

It looks great! What kind of challenge are you thinking of?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png