Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It's good to hear from you both @SummerSong86 @Writin_Reg :hugz: :heart:
    and you all take care! :cookie:

Hugz back at you Rflong.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi everyone! Just logged in for the first time in weeks and wanted to say hi to everyone ... I will continue to be a hit or miss appearance around here for awhile. Just moved my mother in with me a week ago and put her house up on the market, and so I am very busy with home and family right now. Anyway, I wanted to pop in today and see how everyone is doing.

Waves and hugz! I hope you are all doing well. :smiley:
  • Options
    Hi Tammyjo. Waves and Hugz back!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Hi all - Just letting you all know I am still here and still fighting the fight and so far doing well. My cancers are responding and shrinking. Chemo is doing it's thing . I also started on immuno theraphy this week with the newest treatment out there so it will aid the Chemo in it's battle and keeping the aggressive form I have in better check. I had no problem with the new med yesterday or today - so that is good. They even put me in the research program - because it is new - so no cost to me which is good because insurance doesn't cover this treatment it is too new but at the same time is curing people with the incurable and/or aggressive forms like I have.. So I went for it. I will apparently be listed as one of the participants in the research as well.

Last week I had new catscans that said I had significant shrinkage of all my cancers and best of all it's it seriously shrinking the lymph nodes that had been blocking a lot of my breathing.

Today the Cancer Center measured my breathing capacity and I have bloomed all the way to 99 percent oxygen naturally now. YAY. Pete as usual cheered out loud. LOL.

Okay - just wanted to let you know how it is going. Rflong I do hope your sister is doing well too. I send prayers for her. Hugs everyone. Think of you all often. Love Reggie.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm Soo happy to hear that Reg. Seems like you are winning the fight. <3 we are all with you!

It's been quite a hectic period for us. My big boy has started preschool now, and we are still going through adjusting to everything. He didn't have issues about going, but he still hasn't realised it's not a playground and that there are rules to follow. He went through a phase, where he had an attitude, denial and badly reacting to almost everything, but finally he seems to be settling down.

Little one is going through terrible twos with all his might. Not many tantrums but serious whining about everything.

I'm not doing much except the usual housewife stuff. I'm trying to balance sleep with everything and I haven't figured out where to fit simming in as I can no longer stay up late on weekdays, or I won't be able to wake up in time to get the 4yo ready for school. I'll need to figure this out though as I really want to do smth with YouTube.
    Becoming a game changer actually gave me the psychological boost I nedded to actually believe I can do something. Cause I've been feeling quite depressed for the past 2 years. And I'm not completely out of it yet.

For the past month everyone keeps falling sick. First it was Mike with a horrible pinched nerve on his back (and as a male he thought he was dying) and 4yo with a weird cough. Then toddler started coughing too,and as soon as that subsided both kids ended up with runny and stuffy noses, that started a new round of coughing. I'm going down too since yesterday. Toddler also got an infection on his big toe as nail clipping is an actual fight. We LL need to look into that as well.
    Mike expessed his desire to move us back to Athens. If this happens I'm gonna be over the moon. However I don't want to get my hopes up, as most of you remember how much he was against it. So I want to be sure he actually means it and he won't change his mind before I get excited. He is getting too stressed at work, and no one from his folks seem to care about us. They only call when they want something. No one even comes over to say hi. And I don't think he actually realises that, but he just feels alone and helpless not knowing why. Whenever we visit Athens everyone is all over us, helping showing us that they miss us and actually want to spend time with us. So I guess he can sense the difference but can't "see" it. Cause you know family bonds.

Any way , I hope everyone is doing great. Rflong I hope your sister is doing better.

Many hugs to everyone in here and your families.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi! :hugz:
    So good to hear from you both and that you all are doing well. I hope everything works out for you all. Children and better medically and maybe moving. I wish you all Happiness!
    My sister (mom really) says the tumors are shrinking with the Chemo treatments so she won't have to do the radiation. So far only 1 transfusion of blood has been needed when she got so very weak last week. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi! :hugz:
    So good to hear from you both and that you all are doing well. I hope everything works out for you all. Children and better medically and maybe moving. I wish you all Happiness!
    My sister (mom really) says the tumors are shrinking with the Chemo treatments so she won't have to do the radiation. So far only 1 transfusion of blood has been needed when she got so very weak last week. :)

That's great Rflong. I have not had any need for transfusions as my red cells have not had any trouble this go round - my issue was the white cells - so they now give me Neulasta On Pro on the last day of my Chemo session. I go 2 and a half weeks between each 4 day session of Chemo in order to let the white cells come back up. But I do know Chemo does go both ways as the treatment rooms here at New England Cancer Center has 35 patients where I go each in out own little glassed off cubicals of 3 - 4 patients with similar treatment and I do see some getting transfusions, some getting what I get and some getting things like magnesium and all other sorts of things from B-12 shots - you name it. Anything at all goes even slightly off they quickly bring you to normal range - how ever they need to do it - as it makes the healing happen much better than they use to deal with this kind of thing.

But anyway - so glad your sister is getting shrinkage - that's exactly what you need to win. I added to my battlegear finally this week with getting the immunotheraphy now that they have my white cells in a safe zone and I do also stay on the Nuelastra On Pro to keep them there - but they are turning my white cells in to Cancer destroyers with the new meds.So Now I get 3 days of Chemo and 1 day of the new meds, I also get steroids for 3 days and antinausea shots - we also have 2 type of anti-nausea pills as well. So you hardly ever get nauseous - and even if you do the pills stop it with in a few minutes. It's amazing. That did not happen ten years ago. I was ill all the time - I just kept it to myself.

The one thing I am not happy about was this time it did get my hair. Lets put it this way the last time I had as much hair as I have now I was 2 years old. My insurance allows me 500 dollars on a wig - but try to get an appointment as I know nothing about wigs. Never had one in my life. Oh and it's a 2 hour drive one way to the nearest place that will help someone who knows nothing about wigs, There are 25 places near the cancer center if one knew what they were doing to just go get one. So needless to say I have a line of ridiculous looking hats. I really do not like hats for the most part. But what is one to do. I did not have this issue with the Leukemia. But Pete thinks they look cute. I think he's going blind. My kids say it is just hair - who cares - it will grow back. LOL. My middle son sound like I used to - so Sage like - reasoning that here I am fighting the worse form of cancer and all I can fret about is lost of my hair. Like said he sounds like a Sage which they always said about me.
    In other words it is speaking wisdom - but it doesn't mean I like it. Makes me see how my boys thought of my talks with them way back in their teen years - only I am the mom. We have changed roles. Well at least I will match my toddler hair at this rate.

I guess as long as I can joke about it - it's okay.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    geminiagre wrote: »
    I'm Soo happy to hear that Reg. Seems like you are winning the fight. <3 we are all with you!

It's been quite a hectic period for us. My big boy has started preschool now, and we are still going through adjusting to everything. He didn't have issues about going, but he still hasn't realised it's not a playground and that there are rules to follow. He went through a phase, where he had an attitude, denial and badly reacting to almost everything, but finally he seems to be settling down.

Little one is going through terrible twos with all his might. Not many tantrums but serious whining about everything.

I'm not doing much except the usual housewife stuff. I'm trying to balance sleep with everything and I haven't figured out where to fit simming in as I can no longer stay up late on weekdays, or I won't be able to wake up in time to get the 4yo ready for school. I'll need to figure this out though as I really want to do smth with YouTube.
    Becoming a game changer actually gave me the psychological boost I nedded to actually believe I can do something. Cause I've been feeling quite depressed for the past 2 years. And I'm not completely out of it yet.

For the past month everyone keeps falling sick. First it was Mike with a horrible pinched nerve on his back (and as a male he thought he was dying) and 4yo with a weird cough. Then toddler started coughing too,and as soon as that subsided both kids ended up with runny and stuffy noses, that started a new round of coughing. I'm going down too since yesterday. Toddler also got an infection on his big toe as nail clipping is an actual fight. We LL need to look into that as well.
    Mike expessed his desire to move us back to Athens. If this happens I'm gonna be over the moon. However I don't want to get my hopes up, as most of you remember how much he was against it. So I want to be sure he actually means it and he won't change his mind before I get excited. He is getting too stressed at work, and no one from his folks seem to care about us. They only call when they want something. No one even comes over to say hi. And I don't think he actually realises that, but he just feels alone and helpless not knowing why. Whenever we visit Athens everyone is all over us, helping showing us that they miss us and actually want to spend time with us. So I guess he can sense the difference but can't "see" it. Cause you know family bonds.

Any way , I hope everyone is doing great. Rflong I hope your sister is doing better.

Many hugs to everyone in here and your families.

Goodness Gemini - your life sounds a lot like mine did when my little ones were little and marriage was still in newness. I do think Athens is amazing - even if I have never been there -one of my dearest childhood friends and still a friend to this day, her family was from Athens and over the decades she has shared so much from pictures to videos to history and stories of her family and Athens. She was raised in Massachusetts -but when ever she could she traveled with her parents to Greece. She always wanted to go there and live permanently - said she would but never did. Life got in the way I guess and now she regrets it immensely.

Just it's history alone - never mind your connection there sounds like a place I would rather be. I also think no matter how much we adore our spouse and their family though nothing beats the female connections to their families and the depth of the love and care that generally comes out of the females family. So I have to agree you need that, your children need that as your family will be the one first to want to take some of the burden off of both you and Mike to spend time with the grandbabies. Often the males family does not see through those same eyes - I see it a lot in friends I have -gosh I have been guilty of it myself having all sons until I saw how pooped my daughterlaws were at times - and took the babies off their hands when ever we could. But the mom and dad connection to a daughter is usually which includes her spouse I really believe is much deeper then the son -parent thing more times than not. I do think it is a very good idea and I do think it will raise your spirit immensely - never mind getting back where you are more feeling at home. I say let your heart lead you. You know inside where your heart feels the most at home. You need that - as does your whole family. Athens - such a history....

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Unfortunately history is all that is left. Otherwise is just a big city. Some places under the Acropolis, like monasteraki and plaka still have the awesome vibes. And there are some old buildings kept well with classic Greek architecture. Other than that is just a gray dirty city , with loud noise , loads of junkies and not very safe especially at night. However I grew up in the southern suburbs , where life is so much better. There are still a few houses with gardens, and even the appartment buildings are light colored , with communal yards and do not touch each other, so the sun light flows better and they don't suffocate each other. Plus is right next to the beach, and any errand is still possible on feet. Public transportation is also amazing (buses, tram) whereas here if you live in the suburbs you are stuck with only one bus or two that go by every 30 mins or more. And even though it's still suburbs of the capital, it's not as noisy and it's quite safe. And there are clean fenced playgrounds where you don't have to worry your kid is gonna run to traffic. The only playground we have near us over here is not fenced and is one street away from a main road. The big issue though is rent. For an appartment similar to the one we live now the average price is over double of what we pay now. But Mike can get a way better job there (cause currently he is being way underpaid) and since I'll have someone to babysit I'll be able to chirp in as well with at least a part time job.