Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Greenb70 I love your screenshots! Perfect for Halloween. :D

Nice to see you all stopping by, but Oh My Goodness, @Writin_Reg! I am so sorry to hear of all the health and housing issues going on in your family! I hope things settle down soon so you and Pete can find another apartment before it gets even colder. Sending lots of good thoughts your way! <3
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2016
    OMG @Writin_Reg it has been a hard time for you and your family! hope and pray for all this coming to an end and things may go well for you all at last!

I had a new grandoughter last May from my third doughter and my eigth grandkid, from my eldest son this one, is to be born in a couple of months there in WV (USA) so I´ll soon be there to help a little and say him wellcome!

Playing TS3 all my spare time (not too much but that´s life) at my new world Versailles (not fully my done, I´ve just finished it) I gave up with TS4 for good because I have anything I want in TS 2 and 3

f2863aed-2f89-401e-b2b8-51a6ca55e715_zpsghge4r6i.png

Screenshot-332_zps8fmy4b29.jpg

Screenshot-361_zpspfxoectk.jpg

Screenshot-337_zpsk2cf01ax.jpg

Screenshot-336_zpsvt1g8ibp.jpg

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    @junceda that is totally awesome!

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2016
    A big congrats Junceda. Your pics are incredible. I have hardly played anything for months (meaningful anyway) technically. I did make a stab at the Sims 4 day of the dead challenge - finished it with one sims and attempted it with another - a week later for a few hours but never went back to finish a second one. I agree the Sims 4 is just no fun with so much missing. I feel it and further resent it everytime I try just playing a challenge. It is mind numbingly boring to me so I can only take small bits of play in here. I do want to go back to playing Sims 2 and 3 if we ever get settled. I get so caught up in those games though I get lost in game for hours - and here in the camper I cannot spare that kind of time wasted or we'd freeze to death when I am here. Must keep my kitty warm - but with the kids issues I am having to constantly go on long rides somewhere - and it is exhausting for me as I don't travel well. I have gotten sick a few times myself on top of it and can't just go crawl into bed. Not possible as then there would be no one else able to move around in here.

Campers are not made for cold weather - no insulation at all, and it sits on it's tires with wind constantly blowing under us and around us. Lots of wind and rain this fall - shakes the camper horribly. So building in the game is impossible. I don't want to chance messing up all my Sims 3 and 2 games so I just don't get to go into them very often. Plus my pc takes up the entire (and only) table in here if I am using it - like now - so Lord help you if you need to cook or do anything else.

I truly HATE camping now and believe me once I do get in a house of somekind it is going to take the entire armed forces to make me get out ever again. I will never camp again for as long as the good Lord lets me live - I promise you all that. Even my doctor last Friday made jokes to Pete about finally dragging me out of the deep woods and back to civilization for my check up! I said "real funny Mirno. Hahaha" rather cynical to say the least even for me. He gave me that rather skewered look doctors use when we say something a bit out of character. Well he usually gushes about my perkiness when I visit no matter what the state of my health has been. Believe me there was none of that. My perky meter crashed weeks ago. He tells me I am too stressed gave me an additional blood pressure meds and Xanax again. He frowned a lot after all that. Especially when I said - You think? again more sarcastically than I intended for sure. I mean he IS our family doctor and knows all I have been going through with my kids sick and all this. I was shocked he was surprised the perk got up and left a long time ago - Lord knows if it will ever come back.

I got the prescriptions - but not sure I care to add them to the ton of other crap they make me take. UGH -

Anyway - enough of my rambling. Pete is back from picking up some food - got to clear the table.

Thanks all- later. Hugz everyone.

ETA- Just dropped back in - Oh joy - it's snowing out! What next! Hopefully it does not stick - I do not do snow or ice well at all. A penguin, I am not.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi everyone!

Junceda your new Versailes world looks awesome. Let me know when it is done. I really like the pics you have shared so far and definately would love to add it to my collection of worlds!

Reg, I hope your sons are both much better soon. How aweful to have them both so ill at the same time. You are so sweet to give your other son the duplex to move into. I would have done the same for mine if needed. Hugs I hope you find a new home soon.

I've just been a bit busy with work and only had time to play sims 1-2 days a week lately. Hopefully after the holidays I will have more simming time.

Still mostly playing sims 3 when I have time. I did try the Holloween challenge on sims 4 with 1 sim and finally got the last skull 2 days after Halloween. LOL just in the nick of time before they ended the challenge.

hugs everyone :smiley:
  • Options

Hi @tammyjo329 I think I should quote this post of mine here for you or anyone inrested in Versailles world

junceda wrote: »
    It´s Versailles where I am now playing, I downloaded it unfinished sometime ago (2014 I think), and was waiting for the author to finish it but now the link is removed and the creator (@Amichan619) is not working in it anymore so I´ve tried to get it finished, but I challenged myself to do it in game without using CAW and I am quite satisfied with the results

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/7/5/5/0/9/3/1/MTS_Amichan619-1346511-Screenshot-42.jpg

http://modthesims.info/t/496821

he/she has now really good buildings for TS4 like Downton Abbey and Pettit Trianon and more so may be he/she can give you a valid link if you contact he/she at ModTheSims

http://modthesims.info/m/7550931

edit for typos

edited again because I think this link Works

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rag7jard5rn94j3/Versailles_test1.Sims3Pack

edited again (OMG) I found Amichan´s TS4 name @FreezerBunny

versalles1_zpsoln5hokj.png

f2863aed-2f89-401e-b2b8-51a6ca55e715_zpsghge4r6i.png

I can´t upload the finished world as it is not mine from scratch but I´ll be glad to share my save with anyone who downloads the world from the working link and wants to skip the work of fullfilling it

You can see details of some of the buildings I made for this world in the thread

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15314615

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    Thanks Junceda! I really like the layout of this world and you have really done quite a lot of work to finish your world. It looks awesome :smile:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    You're world is so Awesome, @junceda O.O :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Well some good news - both my sons are home from the hospital and doing well. Unfortunately I can't go visit as I went and came down with a terrible cold. Ugh - but they are at their homes and doing pretty darn well. My middle sons did get the Urine bag and shunt removed as his kidney is functioning again. Praise the Lord.

I finally found my dad - again - well he found me actually and called me night before last. Apparently he was having issues since his operation with a blood clot and on top of it got double pneumonia - and was put back into the hospital. He has since been moved to rest home where my mom stays - different rooms but he gets to see her everyday anyway. He's on oxygen though - so no telling when he will be well enough to come home again. He says they pooh-pooh him everytime he tries to ask. So of course he is full of crankiness and all. On top of it he got a call 2 weeks ago from my brother - Praise the Lord - my brother is alright. So I got ahold of my brothers son yesterday finally and he was able to get me his dad's mobile phone on the boat as well as the number of his Rhode Island cottage.

Haven't talked to my brother yet - but his son Jesse said he should be back at the cottage in the next couple weeks as the waters won't be very safe for Don's big boat soon. But Jesse said he knows his dad is okay - but couldn't fill me in with much else. But I have working phone numbers anyway. Jesse did say the boats mobile does not work all that good from shore to ship - so the only way I will reach him there is if Donnie has the boat in port. I am just relieved I finally found my brother, and of course my step dad for the second time.

Finally I have my fingers crossed for this coming Monday - Pete finally got his resume accepted at one of the companies he has been hoping to work for. They told him to come in Monday Morning for 10 am to talk - that they are very interested in meeting him. Fingers crossed for that anyway.

Very cold and windy today - again - and this cold is kicking my butt to say the least. Later all. Hugs all around.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

WOW thanks G O D some good news at last! I´m very happy for you!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    Yes. Feeling better about everything anyway. Still fighting the cold though, so still can't go visit my boys.

Pete's interview went well - so that is promising. Fingers crossed. Nothing else to add. LOL. Thanks Junceda - it is good to see things looking up anyway.

Hugs to you all. Reggie.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Well here I sit all by myself - sent Pete to join the family for Thanksgiving - he didn't want to go and leave me by myself - but I sort of made him go as just one of us has to stay here 24-7 to keep the heat going. The camper heater like to throw the circuit breaker when it recycles from battery to propane sometimes and it would freeze in here in no time. It is snowing out today - looks pretty but don't like going out in it. LOL. Not fun like Sims 3 in winter - just slippery and very cold. LOL.

Hopefully this scenario changes soon. On a good note - Pete did get hired at the job he was hoping to get and starts Monday. Yay. It will be nice to finally add to our bank account instead of constantly taking money out - like we have been having to do. Then we can resume the housing search - well at least an apartment anyway.

So thinking of you all and hoping you have a great Thanksgivings for those who engage in the Holiday; and for the rest of you as always hope everyday is a good day. Big hugz all around. Oh - I did finally get rid of that horrid cold. I am almost back to normal - what ever normal is for me anyway. LOL. God Bless everyone.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving WR, and I'm so happy that things are looking up a bit. Great to hear about your sons, and congrats to Pete on the new job! And I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better but sorry to hear that you had to miss the family turkey dinner. I hope you find an apartment really soon and that next year is a much happier holiday for you all.

My mother, brother and I all went to my Aunt and cousins house about an hour a way and had a wonderful meal with some people that I am very thankful to call family. Sending out warm wishes to all the other world explorers, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving not - grateful to know all of you. :)

• Options

Hi you all!

No Thanksving Day here in Spain but I send you my love and best wishes for all you who are celebrating!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi, Everyone! :hugz:

Aw- Yay to some good news and to hears about you all. :hugz:

Happy late Thanksgiving and Merry Friday! 3d-turkey.gif
  • Options
    Hi everyone and happy late thanksgiving day! I hope you all had a wonderful day. Waves to all <3
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Pete had his first day at the new job yesterday and loves it. Says all the personnel there are real friendly and welcoming as are the owners. That's all good to hear as one really needs to both love the job and the co-workers to make a job a nice place to go to everyday seeing humans have to earn a living. So - so far, very good.

Super cold here today but for some weird reason I cannot fathom how, it is raining; and all the pretty snow has been washed away. I think the snow was more beneficial though as today I am doing all I can to keep it decently warm in this camper. I think the snow was sealing up all the "leaks" and now it is gone. Thanks for nothing mother nature - now I feel cold and I have on wool socks, slipper boots to my knees, a pair of leggings with a pair of ski pants over that, a floor length winter dress over that, and then a wool blazer on top of all that. I am still cold... and I feel like Heidi from the book of the same name going to Grandfathers house.

Snow I am sorry I dissed you - please come back..... As if that isn't enough I am sneezing again. Sigh.....

So goes my life.

Definitely hope everyone elses day is going better than mine. Hugz all.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member

Hi all, I hope everyone is enjoying holiday season and is gearing up for Snow Flake Day!

I'm finding myself drawn to Sims 3 and one of my old legacy games, getting all the sims involved in parties. When I first thought about spending December in Simland, I thought, "so much easier than decorating and baking and shopping in RL"....but not so much. LOL Those unpredictable simmies seem to have their own little concept of tossing in the monkey wrench. Of course, grandpa had to go and croak during the big turkey dinner. I've decided to spend the rest of my day in RL getting decorations up. All of a sudden getting boxes out of the garage and putting lights up outside (in the rain) seems easier. :p

@Writin_Reg -- whoa! Sounds super cold. Hope Pete's new job is going well and that you find a way to stay warm! Yikes!
  • Options
    Still here. Yes the job is going great anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Reg, so good to know that you are hanging in there. I hope you've found a better way to insulate your trailer during this cold, cold weather. Thanks so much for the short update.
  • Options
    We put down a lot of thick throw rugs and covered all the windows. We may have a mobile Home by this coming week end if the furnace issues get sorted out a friend of my sons wife has. It was her own mobile home - and she got married a year or so ago - her husband owned a real nice house so it sat empty all this time - as naturally she moved into the house. So she's having it looked at as I speak. So fingers crossed on that anyway - I have seen pictures and it looks decent and surely better than an RV. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    That's great Reggie, it sounds way better than the RV. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Good Luck!
  • Options
    My fingers and toes are crossed for you, Reg. A mobile home should be roomy enough for a desk top computer!! Sounds like 2017 may have a better start for you.
  • Options
    Thanks Tammyjo and Starsaphire. Yes definitely much bigger. It's 70 feet long by 16 wide. Hubby said it's decent and thinks I will like it. The furnace repair guy is supposed to be there today. Definitely have my fingers and toes crossed -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Hi guys! just poping up to wish you all Happy Holidays and best of times for the New Year!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png