Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Oh, goodness... He got banned. Hugz to you, DM! :cry:

Love the world pictures, @junceda -It looks Amazing! :astonished:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Hey Rflong - Hey did you happen to get the Isle of Sims update finished yet? Just curious as I have always been partial to that sweet world and would love having the update. Hugz - Reggie.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Hi, @Writin_Reg :mrgreen: Hugz!

I have gotten most of the map done (need to finish a few new tiny islands) but I've lost my love of building lots so it sits there waiting for me to finish.. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi, @Writin_Reg :mrgreen: Hugz!

I have gotten most of the map done (need to finish a few new tiny islands) but I've lost my love of building lots so it sits there waiting for me to finish.. :(

That's okay - will surely keep my eye out for it if you do feel up to finishing it. LOL. But if you don't - I understand. Thanks for letting me know though. Right now I am still enjoying Legacy 3 and my Lois Lane. It's so refreshing after trying so hard to play and even care for Sims 4 - so much fun finally again. I cannot say why i keep trying to like Sims 4 when I know it has zilch compared to Sims 3 and all your wonderful worlds anyway.

Hugz Reg

You could also just add empty lots to the islands too. I wouldn't mind as long as it had a dock as me and docks have issues for some reason- so it is best I don't mess with them. lol.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited June 2016
    Ohhhh, I agree with WR. Just add a dock or two and some empty lots and I'd be a happy bunny. :)

ETA: sorry to hear about DM. I'm rather surprised that I haven't been banned because I'm not very flattering or optimistic about this game. I'm kind of at the point where I feel that my love of the sims is slowly dying. I'm sure I will keep playing TS3 and maybe someday I'll get the desire to play TS2 again, but at some point I can foresee my interest waning and so far I'm not seeing anything promising for the future of the franchise. I'd like to be more optimistic but haven't seen anything that would spark that optimism, sadly.

So allow me to take this opportunity to tell you that I adore you all and have had a blast exploring worlds with you. (Just in case :) ).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    I so know what you mean Tangie, but Sims 3 always brings me back to my happy place - especially when I am in Rflongs or other User made worlds in particular. So I know I will always find enjoyment in those. I also have some fun games going on in Sims 2 once I finally got a satisfactory amount of recolor CC for furniture, walls, etc - oh and kids clothes too. But I do think I get the most satisfaction out of Sims 3 over all - mainly the time line - as I really think time span - for me in Sims 2 goes too fast. I like to savor long play times with all my sims - lol.

Gosh yes - I sort of miss all those days of exploring together and comparing notes and things. Great fun and beautiful new worlds all the time. I don't know what is worse about Sims 4 - their choice to have no toddlers or their choice to take away all the creators abilities to build beautiful new worlds. Sims 4 can't hold a candle to Sims 3 in so many ways - it is such a shame as they had all of Sims 2 and Sims 3 greatness - they could have made one heck of a Sims 4 games going off all the best of both of those games - and just tossed it all out in favor of the mess we have. Believe me - even though there will always be the cheer leaders of Sims 4 - I still will keep saying they missed the greatness it could have been taking the route the team went. It is hard for me to see through the eyes of those who seem to think it is the best game ever. I really cannot get how they reach that conclusion at all. Lord knows I have tried.... and the most I get out of it is think of it like a side sims game - a diversion when I have time to kill for 20 minutes. It is really hard for me to stand it much more than that unless it is maybe one of the challenges I have tried. I have not played Sims 4 since the last one - with the grow trees and such. Once I reached the goals I was done - and believe me I had to actually force myself to finish it even.

So totally get what you are saying.

I did get a warning once - believe it or not it was not about something I had said newly but according to the mod it was something I apparently said at some other time she said broke a rule about linking to a certain other site. To this day I have no clue what they were talking about.

But anyway - I haven't been banned.

What gets me about DM's banning - he did not even say anything on the forum. He was directly communicating through a pm - so I cannot see how that is a legit banning at all seeing you cannot break forum rules if you are not even posting on the forum. I know he is rightly furious and I don't blame him. In fact he stopped playing his pc period since this happened.

It is not right at all - as DM is one of the good guys and does not deserve this kind of treatment. Makes me so mad.

I know for one thing - I would sure hate to see you go too. This is so sad - but I can fully understand where you are coming from. I know I won't stop dropping by as long as they allow us our thread - just in hopes you and everyone else do drop by now and then. It is sweet seeing everyone now and then. But what ever you decide - I fully understand. Big hugz - Reg

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Okay, if anyone wants to check it out for routing and problems- I haven't updated the lots for all the expansions/Store... but testing now is fine. If anyone wants to build some on the missing lots, that'd be Awesome, too. :mrgreen:

Let me check the routing, add the ini files, package it, and upload Isle of Sims. (I do expect many problems. I haven't seen it in play with the modified map yet) :)

Okay...
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/lb6fpl17d5cma56/Isle+of+Sims.Sims3Pack
    Unpopulated, 57MB
    Screenshot-114_zpszcnzhfg4.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    Aww, thanks @Writin_Reg. I will probably be hit or miss most of the summer because I have started packing up and cleaning up my house. It will probably take a few months! I still have a couple of TS3 projects/games I'm working on so I imagine I will get back to those too eventually, so I don't think I'll be going anywhere anytime soon. It's just that I can foresee a time when I might be tired of TS3 but have nothing to go forward to. And by the way, I've had at least one warning and have also had my posts deleted. Not sure if that counts as a warning or not, but I feel like they keep their eye on me, if you know what I mean. :p

@Rflong7 I am so bummed! I mean I will try to find time to check it out but I'm driving back and forth a 3 hour drive one way to my house once a week or so. (Just spent a week there and will head back in a few days.) So I'm not sure I will be able to build anything. But I am thrilled that you worked on it and I'll see what I can do.

• Options
    @HappySimmer3 No Worries. You take care of yourself! :hugz: :)
  • Options
    Well I tried it out last night - several hours - and OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!

I looked at the islands with lots - one is for a lighthouse - not something I could make for sure. The bigger one I am thinking about - I may try something there maybe - but was thinking it would make a great deserted island kind of adventure spot - which wouldn't probably be much in the way of building - lol or perhaps a resort of sorts. Not sure yet.

Anyway - I played with the biggest, most expensive lot in the world with a couple of Sims that are at their top of their careers with tons of money - so they could buy vehicles and go everywhere without me needing cheats. I played them about 2 hours - driving them all over or walking/ jogging around. During this time not one issue at all - not a one. The town is filling up nicely with NPCs.

So for the last hour I decided to add some houses with sims in them to some of the empty lots - no issues with adding houses at all except for the one clift lot - which is typical of clift lots anyway and generally requires to build on that lot. I do plan to try to add the already built clift lot I made for another of your worlds - if I can find it - as it was made for a lot exactly like that. I also moved one of my sims into the apartment building - but have not checked it out yet - plan to today as well as plan to check out the docks too as I noticed no sims were moving into the boats you put in the game - so I added your pink pirate house boat to one dock and moved in your little pink haired Sim and plan to take her and her houseboat around to various docks and such. So have lots to check out today - plus to see how adding about 60 and their little houses to the game goes as most of these sims have skills and jobs - so if there are issues they should start popping up. But so far I am totally thrilled. The world is amazing and so sweet.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Yay~ Thanks so much, @Writin_Reg :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if the houseboats are actually furnished, 2 of them aren't, so that is probably why no one is moving in.

I haven't tested the Resort- there's only one so far- no really any of the newer lots. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hey Rflong - just letting you know I did not get to play the last couple of days - my own pc was unavailiable - an issue with power it needs and having to run an ac on high in this camper - sigh - so I get stuck on one of those Microsoft app/ lappy's - I don't know what it is called but it looks like a little lap top - but the cover can be used seperately like a app player or what ever they are. LOL. They are not my thing to be honest - but to ease the boredom when I can't use my pc - I can at least surf the net with that. I am anxious to get back to that world as I placed a resort on the bigger island - I think it is one of yours from one of the other worlds - Tiki Resort or something like that - lol and I want to check it out.

Also you were right the boats were not furnished - so I added some basic stuff and move a sim into each one. No sooner did i do that and out went the power. I have battery back up on my pc so I was able to save it all - no work was lost - It seems cooler today - we had some wicked rain earlier - so hopefully I can get into the game shortly. So far though running with out any issues in between me adding places - I have played a few households. I added the roller coaster and merry go round lot (not mine either) to the boardwalk lot - Sims were loving it.

Okay - just wanted to let you know where things stand to date and as soon as I check with Pete we don't need the AC - I hope to go back in and check the resorts, and finally the boats and water etc. He's out right this minute with his brother but they should be back shortly. I hope so - I can't wait to go back in. LOL.

I have not done anything to any dive lots - just so you know or the light house lot either.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Didn't get on my pc - seems we need a 30 amp breaker for the box that supplies our power - this one just has a 20 - and is old - so now I have to wait for the breaker to be upgraded before I can use my own pc, as the breaker keeps tripping. Pete does not want me using the pc with the fluctuating power.

Grrr - what next!

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Hi, @Writin_Reg

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
    I hope you all find a house soon.
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

I tested your world for a little while last night. I couldn't find a Science center, and there is a missing road going out to the beautiful lot on the tip end of the world, old fort island. I added furniture to the trailer park houses and the sims seems to like that area, It filled up fast. No routing issues yet. I don't care for the grey roads in the world. It doesn't seem like an island setting with grey roads to me. Asphalt and coal tar road is more for big city type world. Its just my opinion. Again, I will say I love your Isle of Sims ll, its my favorite world. I have many legacy families living in that world. Its perfect.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I am going stir crazy here - I so want to get back to my pc and testing Isle of Sims.... Still waiting for the 30 amp service to be put in. It really stinks when I get all my entertainment off the pc - but can't use the pc now. There is absolutely nothing to do and not much room to do anything else - like add my cardio equipment or something - besides Pete said that was not here anyway even if there was room - which there isn't.

Tell me again how on earth do people live in these things and travel all over the place? I just cannot fathom it at all.

I even looked for a deck of cards - to play solitary or something. HUH! Pete says with pcs we don't need cards anymore so he got rid of them all. Well this appy lappy as I call it - doesn't have cards - if it does I can't find them. Sigh..... Boy the days are lonnnnnnggggggg! It feels like the whole day should be over already - it's 1:30 PM.

Guess I will go hike up the road to the Camp shower rooms.... I suppose I can go over to the Camp Rec later and watch the Nascar race today - not a big fan really - but Pete is going to watch it - so maybe.... Sigh.

ETA- JUst checked the calendar - you believe it Thursday it will be 2 freaking months I have been in this camper. On top of it Pete just got back from checking out the latest rentals from the Realtors we have searching for us. We said affordable and what does she have for us today... Pete says there were 3 available rents - only 1 bedroom each one, and they want 475 - 550 dollars A WEEK! Are You kidding me? A week? Their excuse for these kind of rates - they are near a lake. Right - like everything in Maine and New Hampshire is near a lake. Who are they kidding. It is not like I am vacationing here.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    omg that sounds like torcher Reggie. I hope you find somthing soon! Hang in there. Hugs!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Gosh, I'm so sorry - you're situation sounds so frustrating. Feel free to vent here whenever you like! We've been around so long I don't think anyone will care if we go off topic now and again.

I wish I could help test. I thought I might be able to a little today but then a storm rolled through so I turned the PC back off. And tomorrow I head back to my house where there is no internet except through my cell provider and I don't have hardly any data left until my bill rolls over.

I'm going to try to download the world tomorrow AM on my laptop. If I can manage that I may find some time to test the world when taking breaks from packing and cleaning while at my house. At any rate, hang in there @Writin_Reg!

• Options
    Thanks Tammy Jo and Tangie.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Taking a little vacation time so hopefully I will get to try out the test version of Isle of Sims.

Hang in there Reg,something will fall into place.
  • Options
    Oh, Goodness, WR... I hope you get your fun back soon. :hugz: :(

Don't worry about testing, Tangie. You have lots of other stuff to do. Thanks for thinking about helping though. :hugz:

Hi, Greenb70~ Thanks and Have fun on Vacation. :mrgreen:

Hi! :mrgreen:
    Got back last night from visiting family. This bronchitis won't leave me. :(

Anyway- Yes, I removed a road going over the mountain area to the beach side. I thought, why do I want a road going to the no road side... so I removed it.
    I probably didn't put the Science lot back. I edited the map so things have been moved around. Hopefully I'll get on that list of lots I have to build and replace. :)

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Still no progress here - and still using the fake lappy - as we are not able to get approval to up the amperage on the site electrical box - so Pete is looking to possibly move the camper to his brothers house. Of course that means still not solving water hook ups but at least I will have electricity enough for everything. Guess in order to move it there we need to clear some trees as his brother has 2 (or was it 3) and a half acres of forest around his little house. (Not sure which).

This is so stressful - as I just want to find a house period - never mind the camper. Also we need permission from the camper owner to get it moved and he just left for a family Vacation on the 1st. Grrrr.

If it is not one thing it is another. We are quickly eating up what funds we saved....

On the house hunt - I swear I am going to change realtors if ours does not stop either giving us rentals for vacationers or houses that look like something out of a haunted house catalog. Saw 2 houses this week - both still higher than our price range (which as i said is depleting weekly) and both sent chills up my spine and made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. They needed to be torn down - not sold if you ask me. I told the realtor -" are you kidding me?" Creepy is not even close to what I felt in these houses. On top of it one was nearly 200 years old, but needs tons of work if I could even get past the creepy feelings. SIGHHHHHHHHHH!

No wonder the homeless are HOMELESS! This is getting nuttier by the day. Rflong I sure hope you are having an easier time of house hunting than I am.

Pray for us fellow simmers -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    OMGoodness- I thought I had that Real estate agent. He only found places I was afraid to enter and too far away which made us drive around looking and searching online *ourselves.

We did find a house but it needs some electric work- the way the last electrician hooked up the new lines was scary (new air conditioner) and there's no ground/surge protectors in any plugs - like the newer bathroom plugs with the pop out thingies (I'm all technical). They said they had it done but out home inspector showed how it wasn't done right and it didn't work. So, while we're nearing the closing date in two week, they're still supposed to fix some things. I'll back out if they don't and right now there are no houses on the market that I like even a little (in my price range, ofc).

The thing about this state/county is they don't need permits nor are checked on when doing any work on their houses which I find so crazy. Our last state we had to get and post our permit when we put in a small deck... Electric work and roof work- just do it here: Crazy. O.o

I'm still not in a CAW mood, I feel like I'm just waiting and not really focused on anything. :(

Good Luck, @Writin_Reg :hugz:
  • Options
    Wow, good luck to you both! Hope you find a suitable house WR and get out of that trailer ASAP. And Rflong7 I hope those people do the right thing and fix those issues.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Aw thanks Rflong and Tangie. I hope so too. Last night i told Pete - I just want to go home. I feel like a kid that has been ripped out of my parents house and placed in a strange land - if you know what I mean. Talk about sellers remorse, I have it big time - but there really wasn't any other option with no work available where we were and commuting nearly impossible distances to any places hiring anyway. My long term illness pretty much decimated everything we managed to put aside over the years - so with way too little to fall back on - a quick sale was really our only option. We even looked into delving into our 401K stock retirement fund, but the penalties and taxes on early withdrawals just wasn't an option. We actually barely covered what we owed with the short sale of the house - so that put a serious cramp in the works. Oddly that song Money, Money, Money - It's a rich man's world - keeps playing over and over in my head, There in lies the issue I think.

We had hopes with several promising jobs here in Maine would pan out - seems they keep telling Pete he is over qualified for everything. This is insane. Who'd think in this day and age some one can have too many credentials and certifications? I cannot fathom that backward way of thinking. Pete does have a couple of smaller jobs lined up - one starts tomorrow but it is mainly subcontract kind of thing - short term and all - but it is money to hopefully add to the savings we have seriously depleted. I also am seriously talking to another realtor service tomorrow as this one is just not working out. Sounds like a plan to me.

Also another positive note - Mike, the owner of the camper - replied to Pete's email finally and said he has no problem with us moving the camper to Marc's either. So that is good to know - but not sure when that will happen. Sigh - longgggg sigh. On top of everything else I miss my sims. Sounds stupid, I am sure, but I do. Maybe because at least that was something normal and familiar to me. Who knows. To add to the insult this silly lappy has Sims Free Play on it. UGHHHHH!

Believe me I actually considered it until I clicked on it and it asked to update - I of course said no. This is not my device.

Well at least you sound a lot closer than I am at getting in a home Rflong. Hope they make it right for you. Fingers crossed.

In dreams - I LIVE!