Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you give up an unwanted child for Adoption?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @Pary. Good one. :D:mrgreen: Poor @igazor. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    One of the most fun threads on the forum. I hope it lives for ever - because I like to get my hopes fulfilled. :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This is not only a fun thread,but is also useful to newcomers to the game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    All this thread is really doing now is repeatedly attracting TS4 answers for a TS3 question from over eight years ago that has already been answered many times. And providing a platform for us to throw pies at each other. Not really sure how that qualifies as useful, but I guess it's "fun" for those who are into that sort of thing.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @igazor -It looks like a grea place to share uploaded households to be used as replacement social workers as I'm one of those replacing theirs with playable sims.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, I'm not normally into pie throwing, I actually prefer to eat pie with some ice cream and a nice cup of coffee, but I know @igazor likes it, so....

22sV5Uy.gif

:D:D:D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Millie_Dyer_2017Millie_Dyer_2017 Posts: 2 New Member
    enter: testingcheats true and then hold shift, while clicking on the baby and there should be a blank button and 2 or more other ones, click the blank one and it gets taken away by child services or whatever.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    enter: testingcheats true and then hold shift, while clicking on the baby and there should be a blank button and 2 or more other ones, click the blank one and it gets taken away by child services or whatever.

Nope. Not in Sims 3. And this is the Sims 3 forum.
  • Options
    (puts head down on desk and sobs as more custard pies fly by overhead)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    (puts head down on desk and sobs as more custard pies fly by overhead)

Get your head back up and open your mouth! I would never avoid a custard pie! ;)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Catch!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13120-1363275299-16.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't want to make light of @igazor 's pain, but I start laughing every time I see this thread resurface.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Must be real painful today. At least once or twice every few hours. :D

@igazor Oopsies. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Apparently people find the thread, read the first couple of posts, and post their 5 cents worth without reading any more than that.
  • Options
    But how do they find the thread I wonder :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

When you search for something you invariably get several pages of unrelated junk and you have to read through it all before you find what you're looking for or give up.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

When you search for something you invariably get several pages of unrelated junk and you have to read through it all before you find what you're looking for or give up.
    Yes, that’s true (I’m sure I necrood some threads in the far past that way myself ;)).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    >:)

sPwFtK6.gif

Quite effective

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    The search terms to use must be something like "torture TS3 players pie in the face." Sounds like something every player should have on a hotkey. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Undead_BaconUndead_Bacon Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Shelobs_Sneak;d-30026"]By now I'm sure everyone's experienced their created families spawning unwanted children. So how do you get rid of them?
    I called the adoption service using the phone and they dropped of another child!
    I also tried the Age Transition cheat and transitioned until the baby died of 'natural causes', but that leaves a dead old sim in your family tree.

So how do you give up your child for adoption? And if you can't, what other ways are there to get rid of it?[/quote]

Click the menu and select manage world's. Select which town your household is in and their house. Now click the 3 dots in the bottom right and click the arrows. Now select a household besides your own and move the kid to their household. You can now continue your gameplay.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited December 2017
    By now I'm sure everyone's experienced their created families spawning unwanted children. So how do you get rid of them?
    I called the adoption service using the phone and they dropped of another child!
    I also tried the Age Transition cheat and transitioned until the baby died of 'natural causes', but that leaves a dead old sim in your family tree.

So how do you give up your child for adoption? And if you can't, what other ways are there to get rid of it?

Click the menu and select manage world's. Select which town your household is in and their house. Now click the 3 dots in the bottom right and click the arrows. Now select a household besides your own and move the kid to their household. You can now continue your gameplay.

I do believe that someone else had already posted this suggest on the first page back in 2009 when this thread was first created. So I don't think that the OP of this thread waited has been waiting around for 8 years for an answer to their question... ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Undead_Bacon - There is no "Manage World" in TS3, that would be a TS4 solution. This is not a TS4 message board. But you're in good company as you have been around the 12th one (losing count now) to do that and as has been suggested dozens of times, households in TS3 can be Split and Merged through Edit Town.

As amusing as this has all been for so long, isn't this enough already? There is no one contributing anything useful, other than pies flying through the air, to this discussion that really took place over eight years ago. Sorry to do this, but unless the moderators totally disagree it might just be time to lock this one up?
    @EA_Lanna
    @EA_Leeloo
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor. Agreed. TS4 solutions in the TS3 section probably will not help those who are looking for an answer to this solution and as @lisasc360 has indicated the OP has probably long since figured out the solution.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    This is beyond Necro'd!!!!! Please, please be mindful of necroing threads in future folks. Closing thread.

Forum rules and guidelines outline not to:
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top