Be sure to read all Forum Rules and Guidelines
.Dos And Don'ts
Here's a breakdown for what to do and what not to do here on EA Forums.Dos
- Post in the right place. Check the section you're posting in before submitting. If a post is in the wrong place we might move or remove it.
- Use the search feature to see if there's already a thread for your question. If there is, use it instead of making a new one. Try to include all your points in a single place.
- Be descriptive. Give us as much information as you can. Name your thread "The Sims 4 Gallery - I need help with feature X" instead of just "Help!" That way everyone can be ready to help you, faster. Likewise, for discussions something like “Fame perks and quirks thread” will drive the conversation more than naming your topic “Fame” or "Get Famous".”
- Be accurate. Make sure the title of your thread matches what your post is about.
- Link to first party sites when you're helping with tech issues. If someone needs help with their nVidia driver, link to the nVidia website. That way we know we can trust the source of the info.
- Post in the language of the forum.
- Keep it on-topic. If someone created a thread, it's because they're looking for an answer to their question or want to discuss a specific topic. Changing the topic of the thread isn't helpful.
- This would include derailing a discussion about a game/game feature by turning it into a comparison of different games.
- Keep it game-related. We're not here to debate politics or religion or lobby for anything, so keep the conversation about our games.
- Keep content clean and appropriate. Players of all ages see EA Forums, this is true even for T and M rated games. Make sure that any posts or images you use, or any websites you link, are in line with the EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement.
- Be patient. Keep track of your thread using bookmarks or by subscribing to the thread. Other players will post in your thread when they are interested or have an answer for you.
- Report toxic behavior. Our games are a place for you to express yourself and your individuality. But it’s not just your space, it’s everyone’s, so respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you see any toxic behavior such as harassing, bullying, or threatening, always report it through the dedicated report tool or directly to a Community Manager.
- Get familiar with game-specific rules on different game forums. Some of our forums may have additional rules specific to the game. Check the Forum Rules section or sticky posts in the General Discussion section of each game forum for more information.
Doing something on this list often can get your forum account warned, suspended, or sometimes even permanently banned.
- Don't bully or use toxic behavior. It’s against the rules and is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. We count on you to keep toxicity out of our community. Personal defamation, harassing, bullying, threatening, offending, or any harmful behavior towards others is not acceptable—ever.
- Don't abuse the formatting options. Nobody likes being YELLED AT!!?!? This means, don't overuse:
- ALL CAPS
- Extra-large fonts
- Repeated symbols
- Don't call out Community Managers and Officials in thread titles. Be cool, folks. We know you want to grab our attention, but good thread titles like the example in Dos will help you get our attention much easier.
- Thread title: “SimGuruFrost look here!” – Not OK.
- In thread: “@SimGuruFrost what do you think of this?” - OK
- Don't call for boycotts or misuse petitions. Inappropriate petitions and boycott discussions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum.
- Don't cheat to rank up. Level up your forum account just like you would level up in one of our games, by participating and not by cheating. Any threads posted to boost points or otherwise influence your forum rank directly will be closed.
- Don't post personal information. Forum posts are visible to everyone and can show up in search engine results. Protect the privacy of yourself and others.
- Don't be inappropriate. That means no obscenity or other explicit posts i.e. sexting. This includes role play threads.
- Don't be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
- Don't chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things on the forum is not okay, if you have any questions about your own moderation history feel free to reach out to a moderator or Community manager.
- Don't impersonate anybody. This includes EA employees, other community members, celebrities and anyone else. It also includes simulating privileges of forum accounts with a higher level rank, like signatures.
- Don't spam or flood boards. That means don't post disruptive numbers of messages, meme, gifs and images e.g.:posting the same message in multiple forums, or sending the same DM multiple times. Spamming can include:
- Bumping threads or messages: Doing this once or twice is fine. Multiple bumps in a short period of time is considered spamming. Use your bumps wisely.
- Post blank or 'no text' messages: You won't receive an answer if your question is unclear.
- Mass tags: It's very rare that more than one tag is needed. Don't tag multiple forum members or EA Employees to get attention.
- Don't curse or swear. Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.
- Don't "name and shame". If you see a suspected cheater, please report them by using the appropriate tools. We can’t take any action against such accounts on the forums, and such posts can lead to harassment.
- Don't make false claims to EA staff.
- Don't advertise. For anything: pay-to-play gaming sites, products or items for sale, referral links or advert links/images in forum signatures, avatar posts, blogs, profiles, you name it! You can still link free gaming fan sites and free-to-enter league sites.
- Don’t link to “shady” sites. Links to other sites should be appropriate and not contain content like cheat promotion, adult material or unsafe software.
- Don't "necropost". Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.
- Don't make legal threats. The forums aren't the ideal place for legal discussions and posts including legal chat will be removed.