Be sure to read all Forum Rules and Guidelines
Dos And Don'ts
Here's a breakdown for what to do and what not to do here on EA Forums.
- Post in the right place. Check the section you're posting in before submitting. If a post is in the wrong place we might move or remove it.
- Use the search feature to see if there's already a thread for your question. If there is, use it instead of making a new one. Try to include all your points in a single place.
- Be descriptive. Give us as much information as you can. Name your thread "The Sims 4 Gallery - I need help with feature X" instead of just "Help!" That way everyone can be ready to help you, faster.
- Be accurate. Make sure the title of your thread matches what your post is about.
- Link to first party sites when you're helping with tech issues. If someone needs help with their nVidia driver, link to the nVidia website. That way we know we can trust the source of the info.
- Post in the language of the forum.
- Keep it on-topic. If someone created a thread, it's because they're looking for an answer to their question or want to discuss a specific topic. Changing the topic of the thread isn't helpful.
- Keep it game-related. We're not here to debate politics or religion or lobby for anything, so keep the conversation about our games.
- Keep it appropriate. Players of all ages see EA Forums, this is true even for T and M rated games. Make sure that any posts or images you use are in line with the EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement.
- Be patient. Keep track of your thread using bookmarks or by subscribing to the thread. Other players will post in your thread when they are interested or have an answer for you.
- Be polite and kind. Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal. Respect also means you never harass, embarrass, or threaten other players.
Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
- Abuse the formatting options. Nobody likes being YELLED AT!!?!? This means, don't overuse:
- ALL CAPS
- Extra-large fonts
- Repeated symbols
- Call out Community Managers and Officials. Be cool, folks. We know you want to grab our attention, but good thread titles like the example in Dos will help you get our attention much easier.
- Thread title: “SimGuruKate look here!” – Not OK.
- In thread: “@SimGuruKate what do you think of this?” - OK
- Petition and boycotts. Petitions and boycott discussions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum.
- Cheat to rank up. Level up your forum account just like you would level up in one of our games, by participating and not by cheating. Any threads posted to boost points or otherwise influence your forum rank directly will be closed.
- Post personal information. Forum posts are visible to everyone and can show up in search engine results. Protect the privacy of yourself and others.
- Be inappropriate. That means no obscenity or other explicit posts i.e. sexting. This includes role play threads.
- Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
- Chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things is not okay.
- Impersonate anybody. This includes EA employees, other community members, celebrities and anyone else. It also includes simulating privileges of forum accounts with a higher level rank, like signatures.
- Spam or flood boards. That means don't post disruptive numbers of messages, meme, gifs and images e.g.:posting the same message in multiple forums, or sending the same DM multiple times. Spamming can include:
- Bumping threads or messages: Doing this once or twice is fine. Multiple bumps in a short period of time is considered spamming. Use your bumps wisely.
- Post blank or 'no text' messages: You won't receive an answer if your question is unclear.
- Mass tags: It's very rare that more than one tag is needed. Don't tag multiple forum members or EA Employees to get attention.
- Curse or swear. Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.
- Bully. Online bullying is against the rules. Bullying is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. Bullying can include:
- Personal defamation
- Naming and shaming
- Gossiping about other people
- Make false claims to EA staff.
- Advertise. For anything: pay-to-play gaming sites, products or items for sale, referral links or advert links/images in forum signatures, avatar posts, blogs, profiles, you name it! But feel free to link to free gaming fan sites and free-to-enter league sites.
- Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.
- Make legal threats. The forums aren't the ideal place for legal discussions and posts including legal chat will be removed.