Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Not saying that I will buy anything for Sims 4, with that out of the way.. We already know gaming companies of this day and age try to nickel and dime their customers, only a few game makers do not use this tactic and it is a rare thing for them not too. Game packs has the good and bad side to it. Also must throw in if they are actually going to throw in expansions this go around or if game packs is the new expansion. We already know the price of this base game was over the top and too pricey for the game that was released must also take this into consideration. The bad is .. it is nickel and diming the customer incase this is the 'new' expansion.

The only good is it allows the customers to pick and chose what they want in their game.

<.< I might of misunderstood, but how the heck would horses play in Sims 4... it being so closed off XD!
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    Where did you get that idea? Are you telling me than an outside source can't be trusted? Are you just gonna ignore it? Is that what you're doing? Ignoring?

But you see, it does matter to the discussion that us three have been talking about. Refer to my old posts on this thread.

the question is
    "is a game pack worth 20 dollars?"
    people that don't have The Sims 4, won't buy the game pack, therefore is an irrelevant demographic. Same way that people that didn't own The Sims 3, didn't buy expansion packs for The Sims 3
    How many copies The Sims 4 sold would be on topic if we were talking is The Sims 4 worth the price.
    It could be an observation. You don't need to have your own copy to judge a game. You can just watch anyone who play around you. Like Youtube, for example.

I don't think I've ever discussed whether the price or the game pack itself is worth it for this game. Please try again.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I don't think I've ever discussed whether the price or the game pack itself is worth it for this game. Please try again.

...But that's the topic of this topic? Whether or not the game pack is worth the price.
  • Options

...But that's the topic of this topic? Whether or not the game pack is worth the price.
    Was it relevant to things I said? Why did you bother quoting me anyway?
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited December 2014
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    To OP:
    Paying a Game Pack $20 for a Flop Game is a joke.

Sims 2 deserves it, but not the Sims 4.

That's why we don't want an expensive price for this pack.
    Flop Game 4 should be a trend :p
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    To OP:

I'd have to disagree, but it depends on what is in each one. I don't myself consider it a flop yet, since I put in over 600 hours of playtime before shelving it for a while, which is plenty for what I paid for the base game. But it does need a lot of new content to stay interesting, and the only way that is going to happen is with these packs and eps.
    The only way to determine if it "flopped" is to look at the sales. Not your personal experiences.

There are plenty of terrible games that sell well too. And flop games that are amazing.
    How much a game sells shouldn't justify how much you enjoy it.

Sales should never be used to determine how good a game is. That would mean the console version of the Sims 2 is better than the PC version, and we all know THAT ain't right :p
    Are you sure The Sims 4 is really good? Why did they removed a lot stuff? Why is it so incomplete and boring? Why are they just starting to bring them all back? Why did it go on sale too early? Why did it not sell well?

Wwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy?

It depends on the kind of Simmer you are. I think it's really good, and lots of other people do as well.
    Lots of other people think it's bad too.

Unlike the previous games, it focuses more in other area's, while family players were kind of overlooked. And goal orientated Simmers were treated really nicely. Unlike Sims 3 where Goal Oriented Simmers were mostly ignored, except for WA.

Each game focuses on something different, and The Sims 4 made the mistake of focusing on things only a small amount of Simmers care about.
    And that's why it's hated a lot.
    Yes exactly.

I don't think individual opinions will matter either. No matter how much you think this "flop game" is the best game for you. If you look at the statistics of the sales, it's pretty clear that the game did "flopped"

But why can't they market it so well? Why didn't appeal to a lot of customers when the past 3 games did? What did they do wrong?

Is it really good for everyone?

No Sims game is good for everyone. Ask the people that hate The Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    Notice how I never said any Sims game is good enough for me? Because I won't use it in an argument. It will raise a ton of questions and invalid reasons.

Ok let's recap:

1. Is The Sims 4 a good enough of a game that will sell well? Realistically no.
    2. Is The Sims 4 good enough for you? Yes, you clearly stated that on your post
    3. Is The Sims 4 good enough for everyone? No. About a 2/3 have already turned their backs on their backs on the franchise.

And again it doesn't mean it'll get better so stop whining about how bad it is because it didn't had good sales in 3 months.
    Excuse me? How could you accuse me of such a thing? Is it because I'm right all along? :blush:

lol look at you now.

And you guys blame all the negativity on the negative critics on this forum. How sad.

I'm sorry but you are the one being negative always whining about how bad the games is, about how bad the sales were, how bad EA is.

Who the hell cares??? Paying $60+ for a game sure as hell gives you the right to complain about it. Its simple math if you can even comprehend this:

Bad game = bad reviews = angry customers.

Simple enough. Stop telling us to stop complaining because we're never gonna stop until the issues are corrected.

And here's another math equation, you're in a relationship for many years, there's certain things that are causing frustration, are you going to keep quiet and stay unhappy, or at least talk about it? If you just decide to leave then the relationship meant nothing to you.
  • Options
    llamacornllamacorn Posts: 190 Member
    They were lulling us into a false sense of security...all these nice things in a patch so they can charge us later :(
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Sc3niX wrote: »

Who the hell cares??? Paying $60+ for a game sure as hell gives you the right to complain about it. Its simple math if you can even comprehend this:

Simple enough. Stop telling us to stop complaining because we're never gonna stop until the issues are corrected.

Depends what you yourself perceive as issues. Some things won't ever get corrected, so the wiser decision is to
    1. Express your thoughts in a public review
    2. As for a refund
    3. Walk away.
    Instead of staying here for months waiting for god knows what.

If it is a correctable issue then
    1. Make a topic requesting a specific feature
    2. Stay in that topic when it comes to complaining about that specific feature.
  • Options
    To OP:

Flop Game 4 should be a trend :p
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    To OP:

I'd have to disagree, but it depends on what is in each one. I don't myself consider it a flop yet, since I put in over 600 hours of playtime before shelving it for a while, which is plenty for what I paid for the base game. But it does need a lot of new content to stay interesting, and the only way that is going to happen is with these packs and eps.
    The only way to determine if it "flopped" is to look at the sales. Not your personal experiences.

There are plenty of terrible games that sell well too. And flop games that are amazing.
    How much a game sells shouldn't justify how much you enjoy it.

Sales should never be used to determine how good a game is. That would mean the console version of the Sims 2 is better than the PC version, and we all know THAT ain't right :p
    Are you sure The Sims 4 is really good? Why did they removed a lot stuff? Why is it so incomplete and boring? Why are they just starting to bring them all back? Why did it go on sale too early? Why did it not sell well?

Wwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy?

It depends on the kind of Simmer you are. I think it's really good, and lots of other people do as well.
    Lots of other people think it's bad too.

Unlike the previous games, it focuses more in other area's, while family players were kind of overlooked. And goal orientated Simmers were treated really nicely. Unlike Sims 3 where Goal Oriented Simmers were mostly ignored, except for WA.

Each game focuses on something different, and The Sims 4 made the mistake of focusing on things only a small amount of Simmers care about.
    And that's why it's hated a lot.
    Yes exactly.

I don't think individual opinions will matter either. No matter how much you think this "flop game" is the best game for you. If you look at the statistics of the sales, it's pretty clear that the game did "flopped"

But why can't they market it so well? Why didn't appeal to a lot of customers when the past 3 games did? What did they do wrong?

Is it really good for everyone?

No Sims game is good for everyone. Ask the people that hate The Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    Notice how I never said any Sims game is good enough for me? Because I won't use it in an argument. It will raise a ton of questions and invalid reasons.

Ok let's recap:

3. Is The Sims 4 good enough for everyone? No. About a 2/3 have already turned their backs on their backs on the franchise.

And again it doesn't mean it'll get better so stop whining about how bad it is because it didn't had good sales in 3 months.
    Excuse me? How could you accuse me of such a thing? Is it because I'm right all along? :blush:

lol look at you now.

And you guys blame all the negativity on the negative critics on this forum. How sad.

I'm sorry but you are the one being negative always whining about how bad the games is, about how bad the sales were, how bad EA is.

I care for the fact that I'm not the one being negative, I did not say he could not complain.

Hes allowed to be negative about a $60+ game that's actually a piece of rubbish at the moment.
  • Options

Depends what you yourself perceive as issues. Some things won't ever get corrected, so the wiser decision is to
    2. As for a refund
    3. Walk away.

Would you be able to just walk away from a game that you've been playing since you were 6 years old? That's a very hard decision. The main complaint i see is the lack of family play and toddlers. It can easily be corrected.
  • Options

2. As for a refund
    3. Walk away.

Who are you to tell anyone what they should do? You're just a forumer like us.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Would you be able to just walk away from a game that you've been playing since you were 6 years old? That's a very hard decision. The main complaint i see is the lack of family play and toddlers. It can easily be corrected.

I played The Sims 1 from the very beginning. The Sims 3 was completely not for me. I walked away.

I do agree that toddlers and family play should return. There are topics for those and it's obvious that those are very requested features. I don't know how mentioning them in an outdoors expansion pack topic will help though :I

I always seen forums as a place to celebrate the product rather than run into heaps of negativity. And even then you would expect the negativity to stay in their own critique topics rather than spread into what is obviously a very cheery expansion topic.
  • Options

I played The Sims 1 from the very beginning. The Sims 3 was completely not for me. I walked away.

I do agree that toddlers and family play should return. There are topics for those and it's obvious that those are very requested features. I don't know how mentioning them in an outdoors expansion pack topic will help though :I

I always seen forums as a place to celebrate the product rather than run into heaps of negativity. And even then you would expect the negativity to stay in their own critique topics rather than spread into what is obviously a very cheery expansion topic.
    For crying out loud. This is a forum. A place of discussion on the internet. Do you not understand its purpose?

You're talking to REAL human beings here.
  • Options

Not everyone is you. I'd rather complain until changes happen than just walk away.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Not everyone is you. I'd rather complain until changes happen than just walk away.

but that's absolutely pointless. Because no matter how much people will complain they won't change the core of the game. So all you'll end up doing is annoying yourself. And trust me, I know.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH45sO_FSk )

All I did there was annoy myself. And got a bunch of insulting comments.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    lol look at you now.

This was your saying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Wow, negative and positive posts should be allowed anywhere. But the personal attacks on individuals should not be at all. I respect all posts and do my best not to be disrespectful to another player (Yes, I have failed a few times but apologize). I will stand by my opinion but mostly still respect the person who is posting that I disagree with.

This is about the price of DLC against what could or could not be in it. Personally, if they charge a lot of this game packs like 4 in a month it would not be cheap, but if it was like once a month (5 bucks over a sub) it would not be so much if the game play and content was of quality content.

• Options

but that's absolutely pointless. Because no matter how much people will complain they won't change the core of the game. So all you'll end up doing is annoying yourself. And trust me, I know.

And no matter how you contradict this argument, nothing will change if you have no valid reasons.
  • Options

Its not pointless, we're keeping them on their toes. Do you think if we stopped complaining they would still come on the forums and talk with us? I don't think we would of gotten pools, ghosts or new careers if we didn't complain.
  • Options

And no matter how you contradict this argument, nothing will change if you have no valid reasons.
    To add, the producers, themselves, ask us to tell them what they should do. And so we did.

Are you even contributing for the sake of this game?
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    I am very exited for this game pack and I can't wait to see some lets plays to decide if I will buy it, I am quite happy with the price, I hope that EPs will not cost $50( finger crossed)
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014

Ok let's recap:

whether the game pack is worth it will be decided by people who did buy The Sims 4, and not by those that didn't. How many sales it had for the base game is irrelevant to the discussion in my opinion.
    Where did you get that idea? Are you telling me than an outside source can't be trusted? Are you just gonna ignore it? Is that what you're doing? Ignoring?

But you see, it does matter to the discussion that us three have been talking about. Refer to my old posts on this thread.

At this point not sure if you are trying to troll or just being (and i'm sorry for this) a 🐸🐸🐸🐸...
    I despise seeing such crude language.
    No excuse for it and it's against forum RULES !

If some people feel $20 might be Overpriced for a DLC set, it's NO one's place to tell them their Opinion on the matter is wrong.

Read the whole thread first, make acusations later. Not talking about him not wanting to buy the pack or not.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2014

I remember watching that video a few years back. Ignore the trolls, because you made a lot of true points, and I found myself agreeing with you on pretty much every criticism of TS3 you had.

However, I disagree with you with complaining. It was thanks to complaining that the 3 patches we received were not game packs (as they planned) and it was thanks to complaining that careers were changed to be less linear, among other things. It has improved the product, maybe not to the extent we want it, but significantly.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @gamekitten‌
    The only good is it allows the customers to pick and chose what they want in their game.

<.< I might of misunderstood, but how the heck would horses play in Sims 4... it being so closed off XD!

Agreed for the pick and choose. A lot of simmers say that they want that option. For myself I think it would be good
    as I generally buy all eps but don't necessarily like to have all the content. So if I could buy smaller packs containing what I
    prefer then I am all for it.
    I would love to have horses in Sims2 even without an open world. They could work quite well. Just can't roam so far away from
    their barn. ;-)

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

I remember watching this when it came out.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Okay you two, have some Christmas cookies, pie, cake, or whatever you like! Tis the season to be jolly!

@bluegayle_ It could be a start of something, if it isn't carried away. But .... my opinion is that it would have to replace expansions or stuff packs.

Not just another thing they add, besides the expansion packs, stuff packs, and store. I am so over what they did to Sims 3. I often mock myself for how much money I spent on TS 3.