Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah $20 is not expensive. Anyone who says it is doesn't know how to manage money.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    Gillie wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    And I was the wasp

I still think you're the Origami Killer and holding Sigzy's son hostage in a well.
    ejoslin wrote: »
    enough people are willing to wait for a sale and feel they got a fair price -- that they're going to continue on that route.

Maybe GMG will sell game pack keys to activate on Origin. They always have 20-25% off coupons.

The Origami Killer was more cheerfull
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Money is subjective so $20 to someone who has no money seems like a lot but $20 to someone who has a lot of money seems like spare change, but I agree. I'd much rather pay $20 for new gameplay and a new world with new objects than $20 for a handful of objects that come with no extra gameplay.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Money is subjective so $20 to someone who has no money seems like a lot but $20 to someone who has a lot of money seems like spare change, but I agree. I'd much rather pay $20 for new gameplay and a new world with new objects than $20 for a handful of objects that come with no extra gameplay.

I agree in the sims 3 you would have to pay 20 for a stuff pack that had around 15 objects and some were just decorations, that was in my opinion a ripoff, so paying 20 for gameplay features plus a new location seems like a fair price.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited December 2014
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah $20 is not expensive. Anyone who says it is doesn't know how to manage money.

$5 is not a lot of money, but I wouldn't pay $5 for a piece of gum.
    I still firmly believe we need more information before knowing for sure if there is enough stuff in this "Game Pack" to justify paying $20 for it. Depending on what is in it and on personal preferences, $20 can be either cheap or expensive. It is a matter of perspective.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited December 2014
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I agree in the sims 3 you would have to pay 20 for a stuff pack that had around 15 objects and some were just decorations, that was in my opinion a ripoff, so paying 20 for gameplay features plus a new location seems like a fair price.

which stuff pack was this exactly?

Im not paying anything for TS4 until the base game gets fixed.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    You know what would get me to pay full price for this gamepack? Cuddling animations that extend across the entire game. Making out by the firelight (and I don't mean in that upright position). Actual snuggling on the star-gazing map (who hasn't done that at least once in their life while outdoors with someone they're involved with?).

Bring back some of the more intimate animations. However, just laying down on a mat next to someone while talking about the stars really is not something that appeals to me.

Yes, I'm a sap this way. But I miss a lot of the more romantic gestures that were in previous Sims.

That sounds so vom inducing it would be perfect for some of my couples!

Of course it is. I like having couples who can't keep their hands off each other as well as couples who hate each other and can't keep their hands off their piece on the side. Seriously, the one thing I would probably use this for is for romantic trysts. If there were a lot of good romantic interactions which it doesn't look like there are.

I have one of my randoms from TS2 who I recreated in TS4 get into a relationship with Travis Scott.
    Their relationship is so cutie and cuddly that it's monstrous.

Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I don't know if it's worth the price. I think it largely depends on how *much* I can do with the items outside of the specific world...that is, can I use the tent, campfire, cooler on my own home lot for my homeless Sim? I would imagine so, since they don't exactly have a community sort as part of the framework of the game, so hopefully all content can be used everywhere, regardless of whether it's meant for a camping ground or not.

I generally only buy these things for the new objects and possible new interactions anyway. That's not to say that I would ever take my Sims camping. My thing right now is a combination "rags to riches/homeless Sim" challenge that I've set myself. If I feel this new "game pack" contributes to the game play, I might consider getting it, but it would depend on the reviews as to whether or not I think it's worth the price. Maybe when it goes on sale...
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Sc3niX wrote: »

which stuff pack was this exactly?

Im not paying anything for TS4 until the base game gets fixed.

Well I guess you can take the outdoor living stuff as an example, it had some cool kitchen stuff and outdoor but many of it was just decor. They lowered it's price now I think.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack that is coming for $20 is expensive.

I'm curious to see how this is "too expensive" when people were happy to pay $20 for around 20+ objects in a Stuff Pack for The Sims 2 and 3.
    For example, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff came with only 1 new object per category, and there were only a couple dozen (around 20) new objects in the pack (confirmed by IGN).
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2010/02/12/the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff-review

In this Game Pack, you are paying $20 for heaps of new objects, the ability to take a Vacation in a new "destination", the ability to build Hotels/Lodges and Units, as well as Campsites. Even build a Holiday House. There are new hairstyles, and more.
    See a preview in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I

So people were happy paying $20 for just over 20 objects and CAS objects, but think all of that content is Expensive?
    This is MUCH cheaper than any Sims 3 content.

Sims 3 content is over priced.

I'm not going to re-hash this again. So I'll say this. (1) There are many complete games one can buy for $20, that doesn't require DLC to be great. (2) Sims DLC is overpriced for even EA made stuff.

If you guys think it's value for money, I suggest you look around. It's not.

And yes, Stuff Packs are a rip off too. But why on earth would I be complaining about this now. Strawman much?

It's not poverty or charity speaking when I'm asking for reasonable prices, ~$10, it's asking for some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 respect.

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    So will this pack include a new world or simply a large lot? I'd love to have a new world where I can place lots.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    So will this pack include a new world or simply a large lot? I'd love to have a new world where I can place lots.

We don't really know yet, there will be an anouncement on friday :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

The question is not whether it's a lot of money -- it's whether you're getting a good value for your money. I would say it's the people who toss around $20 here, $20 there on stuff which is a bad value are the ones who are bad at managing money.

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    THIS is exactly the kind of comments and attitude that is uncalled for.
    Opinions on prices are fine, but these INSULTS have got to STOP! :(

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    @Sigzy05 - thanks for the reply!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options

Let it go... let it go...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I really hope this has the content it promises, I'm really into taking my sims for a vacation on a mountain to go camping :) And I really hope this comes with Bigfoot, I mean what other theme would they fit him into?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

The question is not whether it's a lot of money -- it's whether you're getting a good value for your money. I would say it's the people who toss around $20 here, $20 there on stuff which is a bad value are the ones who are bad at managing money.

This! The voice of reason.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Please Leave the Disney movie out of it, that joke is old.
    I do not support rudeness or name calling.
    No one should.
    That's WHY this thread was created.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803355/general-discussion-etiquette-please-read/p1

I do NOT post to others this way.
    NO ONE should!
    Rules do not change just because you don't want to follow them.
    It's also what chases away most long-time members.

Talk all you want about the DLC prices.
    But enough already with the more personal INSULTS to others...
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack that is coming for $20 is expensive.

I'm curious to see how this is "too expensive" when people were happy to pay $20 for around 20+ objects in a Stuff Pack for The Sims 2 and 3.
    For example, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff came with only 1 new object per category, and there were only a couple dozen (around 20) new objects in the pack (confirmed by IGN).

In this Game Pack, you are paying $20 for heaps of new objects, the ability to take a Vacation in a new "destination", the ability to build Hotels/Lodges and Units, as well as Campsites. Even build a Holiday House. There are new hairstyles, and more.

So people were happy paying $20 for just over 20 objects and CAS objects, but think all of that content is Expensive?

I'm not going to re-hash this again. So I'll say this. (1) There are many complete games one can buy for $20, that doesn't require DLC to be great. (2) Sims DLC is overpriced for even EA made stuff.

And yes, Stuff Packs are a rip off too. But why on earth would I be complaining about this now. Strawman much?

It's not poverty or charity speaking when I'm asking for reasonable prices, ~$10, it's asking for some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 respect.

My opinion is if they replace something for this game pack. Expansions being the main one. Because it would allow me as the customer to choose what I want in my game. Then the quality of the items and the actual game play. But if it is just another add on to stuff they are offering for sale, it is NOT cheap (by this I mean... store, expansion packs, stuff packs, and then game packs).

And I am not poor, the money my fiancé and I spend on games is outrageous. It is all about the nickel and diming of EA and seriously the quality of actual gameplay and items. The stuff with the exception of the Christmas stuff is color lacking, boring and downright ugly. It is sad when the clutter looks better than any item or clothes in the game...>.>

Then it also depends on how EA treats us as customers and not their personal bank. To me, it matters. I am tired of EA is a company so sure they want to make money excuse. Making money is not the problem it is the attitude of most companies towards their customers these days. I remember when companies adored feedback negative and positive and it was all about the customer and making them happy. Yes, I am no spring chicken.

All these things matter to me on whether the pack is expensive or not.

• Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    For me, the reason that the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is too expensive at $20 is because I've already paid $70 for an unfinished game. In my opinion, the base game is still unfinished, so it feels like they've given me an insincere apology with the last three patches and are already making a grab for my wallet when they've yet to earn the money I gave them last time. I don't feel grateful for the last three patches, as all they did is add content that should have been there the day the game was released. That's making up for their mistakes, not doing me a favor, and I'm not interested in being ripped off by EA again.

I'll play it safe this time and wait for the price to plummet to the game pack's real worth.
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member

You stole Elsa's song

Angry-Elsa-Frozen-Images.jpg
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Please Leave the Disney movie out of it, that joke is old.
    I do not support rudeness or name calling.
    No one should.
    That's WHY this thread was created.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803355/general-discussion-etiquette-please-read/p1

I do NOT post to others this way.
    NO ONE should!
    Rules do not change just because you don't want to follow them.
    It's also what chases away most long-time members.

Talk all you want about the DLC prices.
    But enough already with the more personal INSULTS to others...

What? I simply implied that you should not care for his comment...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

My opinion is if they replace something for this game pack. Expansions being the main one. Because it would allow me as the customer to choose what I want in my game. Then the quality of the items and the actual game play. But if it is just another add on to stuff they are offering for sale, it is NOT cheap (by this I mean... store, expansion packs, stuff packs, and then game packs).

And I am not poor, the money my fiancé and I spend on games is outrageous. It is all about the nickel and diming of EA and seriously the quality of actual gameplay and items. The stuff with the exception of the Christmas stuff is color lacking, boring and downright ugly. It is sad when the clutter looks better than any item or clothes in the game...>.>

Then it also depends on how EA treats us as customers and not their personal bank. To me, it matters. I am tired of EA is a company so sure they want to make money excuse. Making money is not the problem it is the attitude of most companies towards their customers these days. I remember when companies adored feedback negative and positive and it was all about the customer and making them happy. Yes, I am no spring chicken.

All these things matter to me on whether the pack is expensive or not.

Indeed, it's the ethics and how this is being set up that is a concern. :)

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.