Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• Options
    Barje07Barje07 Posts: 6 New Member
    Well aside of all those who always seem to complain about ay and everything... Smh! I'm actually excited and looking forward to the new "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack. Personally I don't care how much it cost considering I am a true Sims 4 fan as well as every other Sims game dating back since the very first Sims.... I think people should stop all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 complaining and at least give stuff a chance to come out...! I say Cudos to EA and the Makers of Sims 4 I'm looking to all of the New Packs and what ever the price, I'll be willing to pay because I'm a true fan and I love my Sims!
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    20 dollars isn't a lot of money, but my guess is that the GP will be overpriced. The starting price on base games and expansion/stuff packs always seems overpriced to me. Every EP I've gotten for Sims 3 was not worth 40 dollars, and I've never paid that much. For the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe edition I paid 45 instead of 70. I won't be paying 20 dollars for outdoor retreat unless I can see that it's worth that much to me.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Olivesims2 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the added game play. Right now for me the game has gotten dull.

Just curious what your play-style is? I still haven't done a ton of things like exploring the woodworking skill, heck many skills for that matter, I haven't reached the top of ANY careers yet, and I think I only completed like one aspiration so far! I am so ADHD when I play and I keep jumping around and make stories in my head. I focus on the skills/goals/aspirations better when I have small households but I always end up making big households.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Lollygirl1 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack that is coming for $20 is expensive.

I'm curious to see how this is "too expensive" when people were happy to pay $20 for around 20+ objects in a Stuff Pack for The Sims 2 and 3.
    For example, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff came with only 1 new object per category, and there were only a couple dozen (around 20) new objects in the pack (confirmed by IGN).
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2010/02/12/the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff-review

In this Game Pack, you are paying $20 for heaps of new objects, the ability to take a Vacation in a new "destination", the ability to build Hotels/Lodges and Units, as well as Campsites. Even build a Holiday House. There are new hairstyles, and more.
    See a preview in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I

So people were happy paying $20 for just over 20 objects and CAS objects, but think all of that content is Expensive?
    This is MUCH cheaper than any Sims 3 content.

I Agree The "Game pack" Is very cheap considering simmers would pay £30 For an Ep.
    This is Why i don't understand others complaining that it's too expensive!

The game pack has a lot of stuff and I belive it'll add quite the gameplay to the game, people would pay pratically 20€ for a venue in the store and some complain that this is expensive... yeah sure... I think this has just the right price, store content was a ripoff...

Completely agree! If you go to the huge thread that lists features confirmed so far and I think they still need to add horseshoes to that list:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/804214/huge-thread-with-info-and-pictures-of-outdoor-retreat/p1

You will see that there are a ton of features confirmed so far so the 20 dollar price tag is great especially when you look at the overpriced Sims 3 content that never was that amazing to me.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Olivesims2 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the added game play. Right now for me the game has gotten dull.

Just curious what your play-style is? I still haven't done a ton of things like exploring the woodworking skill, heck many skills for that matter, I haven't reached the top of ANY careers yet, and I think I only completed like one aspiration so far! I am so ADHD when I play and I keep jumping around and make stories in my head. I focus on the skills/goals/aspirations better when I have small households but I always end up making big households.

I saw a post earlier where the OP said she had done everything a bunch of times over and I just don't see how. How do you explore all the premade sims in town. I personally near always play sims that I make. I haven't seen the secret tree or cave or whatever. I haven't done all the space stuff or seen any aliens. I have made all harvestables perfect yet, although close. I haven't leveled to 10 in the skills. There is so much one could do. Like you, I skip around. I just make new households all the time because new ideas hit me. I don't see that as being bored, but trying out new things.

The list for the new gamepack is amazing. It really is a mini- EP. Love it.
  • Options
    strangestfruitstrangestfruit Posts: 53 Member
    I think I'll just reserve my judgment until I can actually see what it contains etc and how much it will be in aud. I'm hoping for it to be around $20-25 if it's less than an EP but more than a stuff pack. It makes sense since from memory, Stuff packs were about $20aud, and EPs were from $40-$50aud. But we will see, right?
  • Options
    hailsbhailsb Posts: 1 New Member
    In Australia you are paying $39.99 for a product that America and probably the rest of the world (as I've only seen complaints by Australians) pays $20. If you say its the exchange rate then really we should be charged around $24 not $40! Why do we have to pay double for a DOWNLOAD ONLY game pack while everyone else pays a cheaper price? That's just plain ripping us off! I won't be buying the pack until its dropped down to equal price.
  • Options
    BlueIsis433BlueIsis433 Posts: 26 Member
    I was willing to pay $20 for the game pack, as I thought it was fair, as I had been paying that much for a stuff pack. But I will not be getting it now as I think it unfair to make Australians pay twice as much as people in North America. I can only hope this is a mistake that will be rectified. The last I looked the exchange rate was not that great, should at most only be a couple of dollars difference.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2015
    @hailsb wrote: »
    In Australia you are paying $39.99 for a product that America and probably the rest of the world (as I've only seen complaints by Australians) pays $20. If you say its the exchange rate then really we should be charged around $24 not $40! Why do we have to pay double for a DOWNLOAD ONLY game pack while everyone else pays a cheaper price? That's just plain ripping us off! I won't be buying the pack until its dropped down to equal price.
    I was willing to pay $20 for the game pack, as I thought it was fair, as I had been paying that much for a stuff pack. But I will not be getting it now as I think it unfair to make Australians pay twice as much as people in North America. I can only hope this is a mistake that will be rectified. The last I looked the exchange rate was not that great, should at most only be a couple of dollars difference.

I live in Australia too.
    It's $29.99 now, which makes sense because there's a $3 tax (which is normal) and then they round up by $2 (annoying but not uncommon also).

So it's about right now.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I wish it was about right in NZ
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    The price has been adjusted. It has been reduced from $39.99 to $29.99.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Game pack costs US$20. GST is 15% so add 3 dollars to make US$23. Converting that to New Zealand dollars is $29.81.

$29.99 is the price of a stuff pack on Origin for New Zealanders and that is the price I expected (and was willing) to pay this morning when I opened up Origin.

Instead it was $49.99.

After protests it was reduced to $39.99 (the price that the Australians were objecting to)

It is still way too high.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    The price has been adjusted. It has been reduced from $39.99 to $29.99.

Were you looking at Aussie prices David, it's still $39.99 in NZ

• Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    20€ was a reasonable price if i could get a physical copy.. that way I would understand.. manufacture cost and stuff.. but since its not, i'm not buying... as for the costume content that this pack brings (like hairstyles, clothes) i can download for free... so.. 20€ for a new map and the possibility to woohoo on a tent its not appealing at all
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    My sim ate frank and beans and farted....hilarious
    Save water...Drink beer!!!

OriginID: nurse167
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    indpntsim wrote: »
    My sim ate frank and beans and farted....hilarious

Interesting
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    I honestly love the game pack! Well worth the $20! At first I was like naw, I'm not wasting my money on it but I went ahead and bought it and i think it makes the game better even though it is just a game pack. But, I will not buy their next products straight up because they usually come out with bundle deals and sales so yeah. I believe it is worth it.
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • Options
    Jalice4everJalice4ever Posts: 233 Member
    I was a bit iffy about the 20 dollars but honestly, it seems worth it for me now that I've purchased it. There's a lot more to do and it adds more than just clothes and hair.
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I'm about to buy the base game in a few days, but I'm already interested in expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs. I'm impatient, indeed. This looks something I'd buy next...