Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    This is the Box Art Render

OR-Render1.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I think I might wait for it to be reduced before I burn my money away ;)

2d9wvub.jpg
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »

2d9wvub.jpg

I like what I heard and saw untill now and the pricing seems good, but I must say I luv what you did there :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

2d9wvub.jpg

That's neat Lol! B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Its getting really annoying :'( the new trailer its worse than the first :\

I know they said it was a teaser but we just had two before like that so god know what there thinking!

http://simsvip.com/2015/01/06/the-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-trailer-teaser/

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited January 2015
    i'd burn a $20 bill making s'mores before i'd buy this expansion.
  • Options
    i'd burn a $20 bill making s'mores before i'd by this expansion.

It's a game pack....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's a game pack....

i'd just burn the $20 before buying this game pack.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's a game pack....

i'd just burn the $20 before buying this game pack.

I'm sorry :p but it is a game pack... sorry I corrected you :sweat_smile:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

2d9wvub.jpg
    rmRrLcr.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,866 Member
    Well done. and EA will love the smoke signals. Burn baby burn!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Gdd610Gdd610 Posts: 7 New Member
    i dont mind the price. considering we have pd more for less in the past. does anyone know when its coming out? i also dont mind that its download only less clutter around. everyone is complaining about nothing.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    cant wait for the outdoor thingie to come out
  • Options
    SandBumblebeeSandBumblebee Posts: 76 Member
    Everyone wants something for nothing, the work that goes into making a stuff pack has to be paid for. I paid more then that for some of my worlds from Sims3, and had most of the stuff from the Sims3 Store. Yes the price of the games have gone up, but so has everything else. $20.00 for what suppose to be in the stuff pack is not all that much.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Everyone wants something for nothing, the work that goes into making a stuff pack has to be paid for. I paid more then that for some of my worlds from Sims3, and had most of the stuff from the Sims3 Store. Yes the price of the games have gone up, but so has everything else. $20.00 for what suppose to be in the stuff pack is not all that much.

Hi :D

I Don't think everyone wants something for nothing at all! it's because of all the missing features and content. Even with the patch updates for the two careers, ghosts, and the pool is only 4 areas out of the out of the missing stuff, and even some of the new feature are very limited!

If it would have been a completed game most simmers would have been probably happy for an expansion pack or game pack!

I have played like most every single game with every feature, and all content! I always noticed missing things even in the Sims 3 but the Sims 4 really feels half finished and is really shows :D

Going out into community lots and each neighborhood really shows how unfinished this game is :\

Just the most basic is more shocking to me!

Limited styles and color in all content

No terrain tool

No real ponds

Horrible and lifeless world

We were told we would have all life stages

We have teens that look like adults

No fireman

No police

No burglars

No food store

No book store

No newspapers

No house phones

No medical career

No education career

No repo man

No social worker

No toddler

No proper newborns

No family frees

Not enough build and buy mode

Not enough in create a sim

No favorite color, food and music

and the list as we know just goes on!

Not to mention all the bugs :\

If only the game had had more time!

Anyway my pint is bringing out a pack with the game how it is won't interest everybody upset by the current games situation!

I am not happy myself but where the game lacks so much, including the community/ venues, parks and other lots outside the home I badly want anything that takes me outside for fun now!

I have never been in the community for more than an hour and that was in the hidden cave and area with the ponds you travel to inside a tree because the lots a very boring and the bar lots are very buggy with the Mixology bar staff in them :)

The best lots are the parks but they gets old fast lol

I appreciate the fact that they are working hard and needs to sell to but i guess its the wrong time for some who want the removed stuff and game fixed first, not to mention the mac users!

I do love how the Sims look and act
    now and will look forward to the game play for the pack as Sims humor in the game is a favorite of mine at last B)

And of course build mode :D

89 Features Missing from The Sims 4

Thank you to Bflury on TS3 Forums for organizing this list! I fixed a lot of spelling/grammar/writing issues for you guys…enjoy!

Everything below has been 100% confirmed, excluding the final category.

This is a list of features that were COMPLETELY CUT or REDUCED from previous iterations of The Sims. It DOES NOT include missing expansion pack content that should be base by now (i.e. Weather) or new features promised for Sims 4 that were later cut (i.e. Woohoo Skill).

Lastly, it is important to understand that much of this content will NEVER be in The Sims 4. Things like Create a Style are not compatible with the game engine, and thus cannot be added in future updates or expansions.

MAJOR MISSING FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:

No create a style (CAST) - NOT possible in future expansions (x)
    No modifications to world/public spaces - The park in the demo is a mix of a community lot and public space (x1) (x2)
    No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
    No open world - You must incur a loading screen between each active lot; each neighborhood has 1-5 lots total (x1) (x2)
    No pools (x)
    No terrain tools other than paint; everything is perfectly flat (x)
    No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention (x)
    No toddlers (x)
    No way to create/place new lots - And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game!
    No Mac version of the game at release
    MAJOR CRIPPLED/LIMITED FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:

All buildings on a lot must have the same foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc. (x)
    Babies are mere objects - All interactions are through basinet. There are no baby objects. Babies can only be lifted directly above basinet. (x)
    Backgrounds are illusions - The buildings in the background are not playable in the game. (x)
    Completely FLAT lots - The entire build-able world is completely flat (x)
    Fewer floors/levels, limited to three (x1) (x2)
    SIGNIFICANTLY smaller “worlds” of <25 lots compared to 125+ lots in TS3 (x)
    Smaller lots - Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. (x)
    Loading screens for individual lots (x)
    The map is a one-dimensional picture (x)
    Teens are same height as adults and they, along with elders, all look nearly identical. (x)
    OTHER MISSING GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS FROM TS1-TS3:

No acne (x)
    No aliens (x)
    No animated hair (x)
    No aspiration failures (x)
    No babysitters (x)
    No bartender (as NPC) (x)
    No basements (x)
    No bookstores (x)
    No burglars (x)
    No cars (not even as décor) (x)
    No cemeteries (x)
    No cutscenes (x)
    No cleaning skill (x)
    No clothes shopping (x)
    No color wheel, predefined to ~20 colors (x)
    No comfort need (x)
    No curfew (x)
    No customization of multi-tone hair color (users select only main color) (x)
    No dinner proposals (x)
    No diseases or illness (x)
    No dreams (x)
    No environment need
    No eyelash length slider (x)
    No favorites (food, color, music) (x)
    No fears (x)
    No full face make-up (x)
    No garage doors (x)
    No gardener for hire (x)
    No ghosts (x1) (x2)
    No grocery stores (x)
    No male body hair (x)
    No move object cheat (x)
    No newspapers (x)
    No opacity slider for makeup (x)
    No party invitations from other Sims
    No private school (x)
    No rabbit holes at all - Sims move offscreen for work and school. There are no hospitals, work/school buildings…etc. (x)
    No random or accidental deaths
    No repairman (x)
    No repo man - (x)
    No restaurants
    No skin slider (x)
    No swimming/swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. (x)
    No tragic clown or social bunny (x)
    No way to watch a Sim commute to work/school (x)
    No website for browsing exchange or store (in-game only)
    No zodiac signs
    MISSING OBJECTS FROM TS1, TS2 OR TS3 BASE GAMES:

No bikes
    No changing tables
    No cribs
    No dishwashers (x)
    No highchairs
    No hot tubs
    No pool tables
    No trash compactors (x)
    MISC CRIPPLED GAME FEATURES:

32-bit executable - TS4 is not 64-bit, and cannot access more than 4GB of RAM. If you have more than 4GB then you are crippled.
    Fewer traits in CAS (more traits must be unlocked/earned in-game)
    Incompatible Simpoint currency - Sims 3 Store Simpoints do not work with TS4
    LIKELY TRUE YET STILL UNCONFIRMED:

No cashiers
    No Create a World
    No exterminator
    No swings
    Premium Membership is REQUIRED to get certain sets on release day or at all
    No inheritance
    No interests
    No magazines
    No pinball machines
    No way to water flower beds/bushes
    No family trees
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    I think $20 is fair. I thought i saw $30 somewhere and was humming and hawwing. I'm not 100% sold because I'm not 100% sure what's in the pack yet but $20 isn't a lot and I'm less choosy with a lower pricepoint.
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    I am looking forward to the added game play. Right now for me the game has gotten dull.
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    XifomanXifoman Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2015
    May come, I wait for it already!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2015
    If it is $20, then I won't complain. We have neighborhoods, not worlds. I hated stuff packs until Sweet Treats, because it was only a few things for $20, which wasn't worth it. Toward the end they put more, but I still didn't care that much for them. I like interactions, recipes, and more stuff. And a whole neighborhood with stuff, a ranger store, and interactions sounds great to me. Can't wait. B)

I'm saying this after seeing the pics of the neighborhood here in this forum. Love the houses/cabins/ect.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    The only way I'd want a stuff pack is for something like master suites. And also holidays can be done with gamepacks now so a holiday gamepack would be nice. Maybe our sims could decorate a new tree and open gifts around it. It could also offer misletoe,poinsettie,gingerbread houses,christmas cookies and roast,an Npc Santa and other holidays.

Once someone posted a pic of it from S2, I think and it had the nicest painting. I really hope they do a pack. I loved Seasons to pieces, but each holiday there could've used more.
  • Options
    BumminDorkBumminDork Posts: 67 Member
    $20 isn't expensive, but I saw it as this is a stuff pack and not an expansion pack, I would't pay that price for a stuff pack in sims 3. I think it's really based on what's in this game pack that's going to be the driving motive. If there's not that much stuff included in this stuff pack to really add to the game play then I probably won't buy until there's a sale.
  • Options
    Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack that is coming for $20 is expensive.

I'm curious to see how this is "too expensive" when people were happy to pay $20 for around 20+ objects in a Stuff Pack for The Sims 2 and 3.
    For example, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff came with only 1 new object per category, and there were only a couple dozen (around 20) new objects in the pack (confirmed by IGN).
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2010/02/12/the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff-review

In this Game Pack, you are paying $20 for heaps of new objects, the ability to take a Vacation in a new "destination", the ability to build Hotels/Lodges and Units, as well as Campsites. Even build a Holiday House. There are new hairstyles, and more.
    See a preview in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I

So people were happy paying $20 for just over 20 objects and CAS objects, but think all of that content is Expensive?
    This is MUCH cheaper than any Sims 3 content.

I Agree The "Game pack" Is very cheap considering simmers would pay £30 For an Ep.
    This is Why i don't understand others complaining that it's too expensive!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Lollygirl1 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack that is coming for $20 is expensive.

I'm curious to see how this is "too expensive" when people were happy to pay $20 for around 20+ objects in a Stuff Pack for The Sims 2 and 3.
    For example, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff came with only 1 new object per category, and there were only a couple dozen (around 20) new objects in the pack (confirmed by IGN).
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2010/02/12/the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff-review

In this Game Pack, you are paying $20 for heaps of new objects, the ability to take a Vacation in a new "destination", the ability to build Hotels/Lodges and Units, as well as Campsites. Even build a Holiday House. There are new hairstyles, and more.
    See a preview in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I

So people were happy paying $20 for just over 20 objects and CAS objects, but think all of that content is Expensive?
    This is MUCH cheaper than any Sims 3 content.

I Agree The "Game pack" Is very cheap considering simmers would pay £30 For an Ep.
    This is Why i don't understand others complaining that it's too expensive!

The game pack has a lot of stuff and I belive it'll add quite the gameplay to the game, people would pay pratically 20€ for a venue in the store and some complain that this is expensive... yeah sure... I think this has just the right price, store content was a ripoff...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZalloriZallori Posts: 56 Member
    Its all coming together
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I don't mind if it is $20, I just hope the UK conversion rate is fair. I won't be happy if we get charged £20.

Current conversion rates state $20 is £13.22. It better be there or thereabouts or I for one will be complaining. (They won't listen, but it'll make me feel better!)