Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:<br />
    > LovelyMelody wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > I only buy EPs not stuff packs <br />
    > <br />
    > so yeah - do not like.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > It's a game pack -.- which means is not as large as an EP but includes many gameplay features, it's neither an EP nor a Stuff Pack<br />
    <br />
    There is also the possibility, however slim, that they are doing away with EPs and Stuff Packs in favor of a "middle ground". Think about it, they could release content more regularly in smaller packs, but ensure the quality is standard by having enough stuff to release. Some of the Stuff Packs were -- for me in any case -- less than substantial.<br />
    <br />
    A new model could improve business!

The surveys they had before release showed us they considered releasing Game Packs and Expansion Packs, seemingly doing away with Stuff Packs.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    As the first game pack to be released for Sims 4, I believe the pricing on this first pack will be a baseline for testing what the consumers will bear.

Whether one thinks that $20US is a fair price for this pack, or not, the price is just a starting point and I can assume, based on EA's track record with previous Sims games, and the Sims 3 Store, that future game packs could be in the range of $30US.

Buyer beware.

Good point! and so glad to see you over here, still playing your fabulous Cotes dAmbonay, this game will need a lot of Game Packs to beat TS3 gaming rate! (just IMO)

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Actually I wasn't referring to your post in that respect, it was another rude and condescending post in another thread. Neither was the rest of my post directed at you, but you can go ahead and make it all about you if you like.

As rude as you are being. I read your post and took it as it read to me. And it is the internet, it can't really be all about me, because nobody knows me that well. And if they did know me well, they would know it is never about me especially on the internet.

But since it is Christmas, I'll just wish you a happy holiday and move on and not go further.

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Let it go... let it go...
    Please Leave the Disney movie out of it, that joke is old.
    I do not support rudeness or name calling.
    No one should.
    That's WHY this thread was created.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803355/general-discussion-etiquette-please-read/p1

I do NOT post to others this way.
    NO ONE should!
    Rules do not change just because you don't want to follow them.
    It's also what chases away most long-time members.

Talk all you want about the DLC prices.
    But enough already with the more personal INSULTS to others...

And in that thread, it is suggested that players stop acting as if they were forum moderators. If you honestly feel that rules are being broken, simply flag and report the post and let the mods handle it. What's so hard about that? I'm pretty sure some people on this thread have already flagged me numerous times.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Toblie wrote: »
    Yeah it won't be 20 in Australia. We will be slugged at least 40. I'm definitely waiting to see if it's worth it. At least with ts3 it was a whole world in ep's. But until I know more can't really comment.

Yer, I'm curious about this too. With the Sims 3 store, the price was essentially set (excluding exchange rates). With the Origin Store, I have no idea what crazy amount we will be charged.

I mean, new expansions here were $50 in some places. And Stuff Packs up to $30. In the shop, that is.
  • Options
    simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    do they need money because they dont earn money from ghosts, pools and 2 awesome(!) careers ?
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    As rude as you are being. I read your post and took it as it read to me. And it is the internet, it can't really be all about me, because nobody knows me that well. And if they did know me well, they would know it is never about me especially on the internet.

But since it is Christmas, I'll just wish you a happy holiday and move on and not go further.

I LOL'd your post because the middle bit made me laugh in a good way! You're right, my original post should have been clearer about which thread I actually meant, but I normally give a wide berth to singling things out like that because of carry on's over naming and shaming.
    I apologise for being snarky in my response to you, and have a good Christmas!

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    I don't think it's expensive at all XD course compared to the price of other things I am interested in it's insanely cheap for a good many years of personal entertainment! (Despite a it's issues I really do enjoy this game ^^)

I never really bought stuff packs either unless it was really something that interested me, like the 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff. Mainly because it had a hairstyle I really really wanted!

I always enjoyed camping, can not wait to get this one >W<
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Oh brother I just went through another thread like this several hours ago. How is this an issue what people feel are expensive and not expensive? That is their choice and their money. Great you think it's cheap. Don't push your opinion onto others who don't feel the same way.

I did nothing of the sort though. When did I comment about how much money people have and whether they can afford it?
    People need to understand CONTEXT of conversations. The context of this conversation is this pack is cheap COMPARED to what EA used to charge us.

I'm saying we are getting DOUBLE the content found in a $20 Sims 3 stuff pack from EA, and people are complaining that this pack is MORE Expensive than what we had to pay previously. And it isn't.

If people are getting offended, they haven't read the post and the context it's written in. I'm not saying this pack is cheap as a whole, in my first post I clearly said it was cheap in comparison to previous Sims content, not more expensive, like people were claiming.

I never once acted like EA doesn't overcharge things. Or that all people should be able to afford it.
  • Options
    Toblie wrote: »
    Yeah it won't be 20 in Australia. We will be slugged at least 40. I'm definitely waiting to see if it's worth it. At least with ts3 it was a whole world in ep's. But until I know more can't really comment.

The Stuff Packs in Australia are the same price as the US (both $20) and the Expansion Packs are $40 in both places as well.

I think this Pack will be around $25 probably.
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    I agree. I'm actually surprised that all this is included for $20.
  • Options
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack that is coming for $20 is expensive.

I'm curious to see how this is "too expensive" when people were happy to pay $20 for around 20+ objects in a Stuff Pack for The Sims 2 and 3.
    For example, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff came with only 1 new object per category, and there were only a couple dozen (around 20) new objects in the pack (confirmed by IGN).
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2010/02/12/the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff-review

In this Game Pack, you are paying $20 for heaps of new objects, the ability to take a Vacation in a new "destination", the ability to build Hotels/Lodges and Units, as well as Campsites. Even build a Holiday House. There are new hairstyles, and more.
    See a preview in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I

So people were happy paying $20 for just over 20 objects and CAS objects, but think all of that content is Expensive?
    This is MUCH cheaper than any Sims 3 content.

Sims 3 content is over priced.

I'm not going to re-hash this again. So I'll say this. (1) There are many complete games one can buy for $20, that doesn't require DLC to be great. (2) Sims DLC is overpriced for even EA made stuff.

If you guys think it's value for money, I suggest you look around. It's not.

And yes, Stuff Packs are a rip off too. But why on earth would I be complaining about this now. Strawman much?

It's not poverty or charity speaking when I'm asking for reasonable prices, ~$10, it's asking for some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 respect.

All content is overpriced. The only way you'll find a good game for $20 is if it's old or sold terribly.

It's good value for what we USED to get. This thread is a comparison, showing that EA seems to be giving more content to us for the same amount of money.

Which means they realised they can't overcharge as much as they did in the Sims 3 days.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I can't wait untill the anouncement today :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I'm still waiting on the content, amount of objects, interactions and all. But for me, the world still looks small. But I think the $20 price tag is nice, but it still doesn't make Granite Falls bigger. :lol:
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    I'm so getting this.
    even though it bothers me as to why they didnt do this instead of stuff packs in the first place but yeaaaaah. Getting it.
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I couldn't be bothered to read the other comments because I just know they will be a mess but...

I am most likely getting this, I like camping and outdoorsy stuff and it isn't even the price of a stuff pack. I am down.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    ^
    Heh I don't like them, but I do want to see Travis Scott and my sim, Matt, to go on an adorable adventure. <3
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I got a ton of TS3 stuff at a discount and only paid cash on their store once and that was solely for the tablet. I didn't buy stuff packs unless they were cheap. I personally still think $20 is too much for this.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Bluedragon714Bluedragon714 Posts: 47 Member
    I think 20 dollars is fair for game pack. Look at this way Roaring Heights and Hidden Springs both were about 20 dollars + when they were released. and Most stuff pack were 20 to 30. Which was kinda over price for what they were. So, 20 dollars for two world, clothing, and am guessing new hair isn't bad deal.

However, having the game Pack be DLC only is a bit unfair in my book.Maybe EA can release a two pack, game pack. After they have released six game packs.

I'm just hoping there a bit of truth to the stuff packs being 10 dollars and expansion packs being 30
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    ^
    Heh I don't like them, but I do want to see Travis Scott and my sim, Matt, to go on an adorable adventure. <3

I would be cool with it if there were indeed adventures to be had. Camping, campfires and collecting things...am I missing something besides the bear costume?
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I refuse to pay EA more money after what they did with the base game (which is still a broken mess, by the way). They have yet to justify the $70 plus tax I'd paid for the game. So many things are still missing, and the bugs keep piling on with every patch release (and the game pack when it comes out).
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    I refuse to pay EA more money after what they did with the base game (which is still a broken mess, by the way). They have yet to justify the $70 plus tax I'd paid for the game. So many things are still missing, and the bugs keep piling on with every patch release (and the game pack when it comes out).

The Sims 3 was no different in terms of bugs.
    The Sims 4 base game is a MUCH more stable than The Sims 3 base game was.

If you don't like what the base game had to offer, why did you buy it? You should always research what a game has, never just buy a game because it's part of your favourite series.

That would be like going to see Mean Girls 2 just because you liked Mean Girls. Completely different.

The Sims 4 focused more about Creating Sims and Houses, and sharing them on the Gallery. Also, focusing on Goal Based Gameplay. Not every Simmers cup of tea, I'm sure. But EA never promised a traditional Sims experience from Day 1. They said it the game would be a different direction from the other games.

So for people like me, who loved the Goal Based Gameplay of the console games of the Sims, and also sharing stuff online, this game is awesome. For traditional Simmers, this game is lacking. And I understand why you would be. The shouldn't have called it the Sims 4 imo. Maybe given it a Spin-Off title. But that's another discussion.

Anyway, I didn't buy much into The Sims 3 once I figured out the Sims 3 ignored Goal Based Gameplay (The Sims 2 PC had it) and now The Sims 4 focuses on it again, I love it.

I do miss Families, as I am a family player as well. But I now boot up The Sims 3 for that :D
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    It looks like the worst bits of Bon Voyage to me, including the "stung by bees/poison ivy" animations. The Bear probably wants you to fix all its broken items and eat its poisoned honey so we can have another "weird" and "hilarious" inane death. No thanks, OP. Twenty dollars is too much for me to spend for anything on this game when the base still requires so much work. Game packs look like a suspicious way for Eaxis' to make a Store without maintaining the store.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    My feeling is this: my total game, if I bought the pack, would have cost me about $100 in total. Is this $100 worth of content? Not a chance, no matter how good the pack is.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I'll credit Rflong for making me think of this and I'm kind of just rewording what they said.

Just imagine if TS3 WA was,

China = 20 dollars

France = 20 dollars

Egypt = 20 dollars

Even then it would have been a better deal because those were huge expansive worlds instead of a short list of lots with a backdrop.