Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Stuff packs were way overpriced as well but I only bought them when they went on sale (I paid no more than $8 USD for any of them, which is why I never ended up with KPST).

I'm comparing this with Sims 3 worlds which would have 40+ items, a new actual world, premade houses, rabbit holes, premade Sims, often at least one or two pieces of premium content. I don't mind waiting for sales.

And all that costs $35 ($20 with just the world only).
    All of this (including new Gameplay options) is just $20.
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Stuff packs in my country were normally about £19.99 and this looks like it will offer more than a SP so I will be looking forward to buying it and don't find it to be too expensive going by EAs pricing.

Am I right? What is the exchange rate for us dollars and pounds? I'm guessing it'll be the same price as an SP anyway by the looks of cost.

It doesn't offer what's obviously missing from it (family gameplay) so I'm disappointed at that so I suppose this will do while I wait for them to provide me and many others more with the content it needs to make it into the game we were supposed to be given when they released it.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited December 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    $20?

People, for half of that you get Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 on Origin. All three games for 10 bucks total!
    Tons of fun. Hours of fun. Days and weeks of fun. With the story that changes based on your choices (sadly just the story, not the ending).

Feel free not to buy them if you feel it's better to be ignorant.
    But unlike "outdoor" virtual crap, I already bought all of Mass Effect N7 outdoor real stuff (parka was a preorder recently) and am constantly wearing them all. And you can't wear that $20 DLC.
    http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/mens/jackets.html

I hate that game, there is not a cheap enough price that makes me buy it! Why could I buy mass effect in spite of how cheap it is, if what I want is to play SIMS, and I don't feel ignorant at all for this
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,867 Member
    For me the price is not the issue it's what looks to be released. It looks to be a world with less lots in a time that we need a world with more lots and more empty lots. I can't justify paying any sort of price for that because it's prohibiting me from what I feel the game needs.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    $20?

People, for half of that you get Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 on Origin. All three games for 10 bucks total!
    Tons of fun. Hours of fun. Days and weeks of fun. With the story that changes based on your choices (sadly just the story, not the ending).

Feel free not to buy them if you feel it's better to be ignorant.
    But unlike "outdoor" virtual crap, I already bought all of Mass Effect N7 outdoor real stuff (parka was a preorder recently) and am constantly wearing them all. And you can't wear that $20 DLC.
    http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/mens/jackets.html

All three games at 75% off lol
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2014
    Game Pack Features:

• Wander into an all-new destination
    • Setup camp with tents, coolers and campfires
    • Outfit your Sims in new hiking gear
    • Enjoy unique outdoor activities
    • Become a herbalist

That isn't worth 20 dollars to me. If there were more features, then perhaps it'd be worth that much.

Using the new world as a justification isn't viable either as the worlds are closed, smaller, and don't accommodate as many Sims as The Sims 2 and The Sims 3's worlds did.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited December 2014
    I never thought the stuff packs were good value. Didn't buy them as they added little extra to the game than downloading a bunch of free CC would. This is definitely better value for money, as the OP pointed out it opens up the game quite a bit. The only gripe I have is that the map we've seen is tiny and even if the game adds loads of new things how much can we really make use of them with a tiny world incapable of housing many lots.

I really hope that the map is larger than the one we saw. It's a crying shame if it's not. If this pack has decent size world with bigger lot sizes available i'll snap it up with no shadow of a doubt that it's worth the price.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2014
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Stuff packs were way overpriced as well but I only bought them when they went on sale (I paid no more than $8 USD for any of them, which is why I never ended up with KPST).

I'm comparing this with Sims 3 worlds which would have 40+ items, a new actual world, premade houses, rabbit holes, premade Sims, often at least one or two pieces of premium content. I don't mind waiting for sales.

And all that costs $35 ($20 with just the world only).
    All of this (including new Gameplay options) is just $20.

No, I wasn't including the venues -- I was just including the worlds. Of course, I waited for those to go on sale as well.

Edit: Take Dragon Valley. A world, a ton of content, three dragons (new game play), new houses, new rabbit holes, new Sims, for $20 if you didn't want to wait for a sale.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    I am not going to complain. It's a little like I said stuff packs should be years ago.
    I am surprised they are charging 20 for it, I thought they would jack up the price a little.
    CK213 wrote: »
    July 2011

Stuff Packs are intended to provide simmers with additional buy and build mode objects, clothing, hair, and accessories. They bring new styles and variety for simmers who love to decorate homes and dress up their sims, as well as giving simmers more content to add to their games between Expansion Packs. However, some simmers don't see the value in them and expect them to be something they were never intended to be: Expansion Packs.

I've always enjoyed Stuff Packs because I use a lot of content in my game and I crave variety. I have content from multiple sources: EPs, SPs, Store, and CC. But, I have always felt that Stuff Packs could provide a little more value with some additional features.
    I propose that EA bring more value to stuff packs by pumping up their theme with these key features.

-A Signature Object
    -New Application Objects
    -New Socials and Moodlets, and possibly sim animations and a trait

The Signature Object
    A signature object is a new-to-the-game object that strongly supports the Stuff Pack's theme. It has new game play, animations, and effects.

New Application Objects
    New application objects do not bring any new game play, animations, or effects, but they are designed in a way that allow simmers to use the object in situations that the Base Game and current EP objects can't, or don't represent as well. They strongly support the pack's theme.

Good examples of new application objects are Outdoor Living Stuff's refrigerator and the Rock Speaker. The game's regular appliances and electronics don't look like they belong outside. These objects look like they make more sense for the theme.
    Screenshot-3143.jpg

H&M Stuff for TS2 also had good application objects. It contained objects that allowed simmers to put on a fashion show and create a convincing clothing store. I would like to see a lot more new application objects than we are currently getting in Stuff Packs.

New Socials, Traits, Sim Animations, and Moodlets
    These will most likely appear when they make good sense for the Stuff Pack. Mansion and Garden Stuff and Fast Lane Stuff has experimented in this area already. I can see one or two. The intent is not to create an expansion pack, but to strengthen the Stuff Packs theme.

A High-End Loft Stuff Example:
    If I were to recreate High-End Loft under this concept I would have a compact kitchen as my Signature Object.

Signature Object
    org_46_gpic.jpg
    This handy dandy item concentrates a trash compactor, dishwasher, oven, sink, microwave oven, and refrigerator in a compact 4x4 foot print. It rotates to present the needed appliance to the sim. It strongly supports the theme.

For my new applications, I would create computer desks for a 1x1 grid space and to use in a room's corner.

New Application Objects
    deskimages.jpgimages.jpg

New Social and Moodlet
    Sims will get a new social for sims visiting their homes. Keeping with the theme, they can show off objects in their homes that have high price tags, high need benefits, or are the new Signature and new Application Objects from the pack. They get a negative or positive moodlet depending on how their guest reacts.

A Fast Lane Stuff Example:
    I would have given Fast Lane a new transportation object as the Signature Object.
    This could be humorous spoof of the Segway. It allows a sim to travel quickly on just about any path A sim can run on and it is all-terrain.

Signature Object
    segwayindex.jpg
    I would have 2-passenger motorcycles as my new application objects.

New Application Objects
    motoimages.jpgmoto2images.jpg

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FishyGoRawrFishyGoRawr Posts: 125 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Game Pack Features:

• Become a herbalist

That isn't worth 20 dollars to me. If there were more features, then perhaps it'd be worth that much.

Using the new world as a justification isn't viable either as the worlds are closed, smaller, and don't accommodate as many Sims as The Sims 2 and The Sims 3's worlds did.

Yeah, they have enough stuff for 5 Bullet points and they're asking $20 for it, plus "Enjoy unique outdoor activities" is technically already in the game? I'm unsure if I'll purchase; $20 is reasonably priced in comparison to all the other Stuff Packs out there but unless it has enough things I probably won't buy it.

I'll be waiting till Friday for their 'Big Announcement' and make the call for myself if they release any new information.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Game Pack Features:

• Become a herbalist

That's not all the content though.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    double

• Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    I am super excited to have new interactions and things to do! I hope there are some activities here like playing sports. I feel like all my sims do is yap because they can't play catch, toss a football, play video games together, etc.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I don't know if I said it was too expensive or not, I say things and forget what I said. Call it getting old or just forgetful or whatever....lol.

I do remember saying I will probably wait to get this and I still stand behind that comment.

The reason is that I'm not really interested in a single neighborhood world that my Sims can only visit when they are on vacation. I really want another full world, something different from the two we currently have (like a city???). Something I can build on and my Sims can live at full time instead of just on vacation.

I made the mistake of owning the store and all EPs/SPs in Sims 3 and my game suffered for it since I was unable to scale back (I bought it, I want it in my game). I promised myself I wouldn't be doing the same in Sims 4. It has to be something that will improve my game play and I don't see that in a single neighborhood world.

Now....if the intention is to add more vacation destinations to that world? Then I will buy it once more are added.

In all fairness, we got Vacation Words in The Sims 3 before we got a third world. Probably the same will happen this time :)

I honestly don't know how people can say they are running out of room :neutral_face: Surely you don't have 50 families all at once in the one game? If you do, I congratulate you on all that time and effort aha.

I really want another world too, but I'll wait for the first Expansion Pack which will probably include one.

Well, if you are a builder then things get pretty limited very quickly. I build a house, love that house, put a Sim in it and then go on to build another house. When I get bored with building, I choose one of those Sims and play them.

I have run out of room.

But more than that? I'm bored and want a change of scenery. We just came off the full Sims 3 game and had all these different looking worlds (and custom worlds) to play in. So, it's difficult scaling back to just 2 worlds.

Yes....different game, base game, new game....I know all that. It doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of looking at cotton candy trees and arid landscapes. I want a city or something new (like a beach world) to send my Sims exploring in.

I so agree. Builders build constantly. The first thing I did was evict and bulldoze all the premades. Then I built the town several different ways until I perfected the look I was going for. And even when I actually play the game, I continually update their homes, move their children into new homes, move them into new homes as they gain wealth. There is literally no room for neighbors in this game. People who play one family would probably be ok with this setup, but family players who play generations, not so much. I even created more space by combining the community lots into one big "hotel" lot, but that's just 4 extra houses. I severely dislike the limitations of the neighborhood, the aesthetics are horrid when it comes to detail...bleh...I'm just really disgruntled.

I have decided not to invest anymore money into this game and this gamepack is nothing that I care about enough to be excited. Had they delivered a strong base game with complete features, then this might have been a welcome addition. However, it is what it is at this point and lodging was the last thing I was worried about getting in this game.

I am a builder lol.
    I have built about 40? houses, in this game. Still not the amount of total lots aha.

Things will be better when we get the Create-A-World tool (which apparently is already in the game files, just not useable yet) when we can create as many worlds as we want, within the one save. Which will be a huge advantage for builders over the previous games, where it was just one per save.

I hope it comes soon. Surely they plan to announce it soon if it's already made it into the game files?

Ooooo Create-a-World? I hated that in Sims 3. Why they have to make it so complicated? I would love to have this in Sims 4. Say what you may about it but I find it so user friendly. I really miss, though, being able to set a theme in a world and run with it.

I don't like that Oasis Springs is sort of a half attempt at a Palm Springs world with some tacky spots thrown in. I want to completely make it over into a true Southwestern town and can't because of all the decor props. CAW excites me, I would buy it for no other reason than having the freedom to truly set a theme to my worlds.
  • Options
    RAPTR15DIAMONDVCRAPTR15DIAMONDVC Posts: 243 Member
    edited December 2014
    The price is perfect. People find a reason to complain about everything. I purchase all EP's and stuff packs and this falls right in line with the usual price. Even when it's free they complain. I'm excited about the new game pack and looking forward to everything else that's coming. I can't wait until a seasons pack drops. :D

tumblr_nfgrdrGpBU1rgv2bjo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    The price is perfect. People find a reason to complain about everything. I purchase all EP's and stuff packs and this falls right in line with the usual price. Even when it's free they complain. I'm excited about the new game pack and looking forward to everything else that's coming. I can't wait until a seasons pack drops. :D

Sorry for having higher standards than you.

If you talking about the so called free patches i should 🐸🐸🐸🐸 well hope that pools, ghosts, and careers are free. $60+ doesn't come cheap.
  • Options
    RAPTR15DIAMONDVCRAPTR15DIAMONDVC Posts: 243 Member
    met too :D
    I am super excited to have new interactions and things to do! I hope there are some activities here like playing sports. I feel like all my sims do is yap because they can't play catch, toss a football, play video games together, etc.

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Its okay if they want to pay the price and don't see reason to not doing so, first i didn't want to mention this but i still think this needs to mention.
    Anyway everyone is free to pay for their game they are liking or loving. But i am going to complaint that you people complaint that we are complaining about what the Sims 4 is missing for us. So you people stop complaining about our complaints or i will complaint even more about your complaining. Did i mentioned complaint ? :p
    Peace
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I originally thought it was worth 1$, now it looks like it's worth about 5-8$.

Still not buying it though :|
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    I would have to wait to see if this is reasonable, I mean we're not totally sure what's all going to be in this pack and who knows they might even throw away some of the things mentioned like they did before the base game even came out. Also there's a photo of the world floating around of the new area and it doesn't look as big as the others so I don't know. I will just like to hear more about it first because a camping pack for $20......I don't know about that lol.

Hopefully they'll throw resorts or something in the mix I guess.....wishful thinking though for me.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I want it now!
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    As the first game pack to be released for Sims 4, I believe the pricing on this first pack will be a baseline for testing what the consumers will bear.

Whether one thinks that $20US is a fair price for this pack, or not, the price is just a starting point and I can assume, based on EA's track record with previous Sims games, and the Sims 3 Store, that future game packs could be in the range of $30US.

Buyer beware.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm on the fence..at first I'm like its not to bad but then when I just look at the cover it looks like it should be 7 bucks or less. But i shouldnt judge a book by it cover..I will wait for the reviews..Also i think its out of the blue that they gave you guys a camping pack..than again people wanted something to do so maybe going camping will help take away some of the bordom.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I've lost interest in playing or buying anything in this series, not about the price. I don't care about this pack at all.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited December 2014
    Reachsims wrote: »
    As the first game pack to be released for Sims 4, I believe the pricing on this first pack will be a baseline for testing what the consumers will bear.

Whether one thinks that $20US is a fair price for this pack, or not, the price is just a starting point and I can assume, based on EA's track record with previous Sims games, and the Sims 3 Store, that future game packs could be in the range of $30US.

Buyer beware.

Or you could just wait for it to go on sale, how long did it take for Sims 4 to go on sale?

I'm waiting till it actually releases and we see what all is included before saying if it's too much or not. I won't be buying right away though, I like to let others be the test subjects first......lol.

ETA: I liked your post because I agree that it's a marker to see how much players will pay. Those who say "it's nothing...." shouldn't be too surprised when their nothing turns into $30-40 quickly. I also think $20 is nothing but not if it's just to test to see what people will pay.