Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I don't know if I said it was too expensive or not, I say things and forget what I said. Call it getting old or just forgetful or whatever....lol.

I do remember saying I will probably wait to get this and I still stand behind that comment.

The reason is that I'm not really interested in a single neighborhood world that my Sims can only visit when they are on vacation. I really want another full world, something different from the two we currently have (like a city???). Something I can build on and my Sims can live at full time instead of just on vacation.

I made the mistake of owning the store and all EPs/SPs in Sims 3 and my game suffered for it since I was unable to scale back (I bought it, I want it in my game). I promised myself I wouldn't be doing the same in Sims 4. It has to be something that will improve my game play and I don't see that in a single neighborhood world.

Now....if the intention is to add more vacation destinations to that world? Then I will buy it once more are added.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited December 2014
    I don't know if I said it was too expensive or not, I say things and forget what I said. Call it getting old or just forgetful or whatever....lol.

I do remember saying I will probably wait to get this and I still stand behind that comment.

The reason is that I'm not really interested in a single neighborhood world that my Sims can only visit when they are on vacation. I really want another full world, something different from the two we currently have (like a city???). Something I can build on and my Sims can live at full time instead of just on vacation.

I made the mistake of owning the store and all EPs/SPs in Sims 3 and my game suffered for it since I was unable to scale back (I bought it, I want it in my game). I promised myself I wouldn't be doing the same in Sims 4. It has to be something that will improve my game play and I don't see that in a single neighborhood world.

Now....if the intention is to add more vacation destinations to that world? Then I will buy it once more are added.

In all fairness, we got Vacation Words in The Sims 3 before we got a third world. Probably the same will happen this time :)

I honestly don't know how people can say they are running out of room :neutral_face: Surely you don't have 50 families all at once in the one game? If you do, I congratulate you on all that time and effort aha.

I really want another world too, but I'll wait for the first Expansion Pack which will probably include one.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    This is cheap, my money is ready when is it coming out? !!!

Hopefully they will anounce the release date on friday, I really want this GP
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2014
    I hope there will be quite a few new items... 20$ is not very cheap, since it's a third of the price I paid for the full base game. I never bought stuff packs because their price was ridiculous for the few items that we got with them.
    I will wait and see what we will actually get with this gameplay pack. I like the camping theme. Reminds me a lot of the Sims 2 Bon Voyage.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

In all fairness, we got Vacation Words in The Sims 3 before we got a third world. Probably the same will happen this time :)

I honestly don't know how people can say they are running out of room :neutral_face: Surely you don't have 50 families all at once in the one game? If you do, I congratulate you on all that time and effort aha.

I really want another world too, but I'll wait for the first Expansion Pack which will probably include one.

Well, if you are a builder then things get pretty limited very quickly. I build a house, love that house, put a Sim in it and then go on to build another house. When I get bored with building, I choose one of those Sims and play them.

I have run out of room.

But more than that? I'm bored and want a change of scenery. We just came off the full Sims 3 game and had all these different looking worlds (and custom worlds) to play in. So, it's difficult scaling back to just 2 worlds.

Yes....different game, base game, new game....I know all that. It doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of looking at cotton candy trees and arid landscapes. I want a city or something new (like a beach world) to send my Sims exploring in.
  • Options
    I hope there will be quite a few new items... 20$ is not very cheap, since it's a third of the price I paid for the full base game. I never bought stuff packs because their price was ridiculous for the few items that we got with them.<br />
    I will wait and see what we will actually get with this gameplay pack. I like the camping theme. Reminds me a lot of the Sims 2 Bon Voyage.

The Sims base games (believe it or not) have always been pretty cheap. Most AAA games are around $80.

Well, if you are a builder then things get pretty limited very quickly. I build a house, love that house, put a Sim in it and then go on to build another house. When I get bored with building, I choose one of those Sims and play them.

I have run out of room.

But more than that? I'm bored and want a change of scenery. We just came off the full Sims 3 game and had all these different looking worlds (and custom worlds) to play in. So, it's difficult scaling back to just 2 worlds.

Yes....different game, base game, new game....I know all that. It doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of looking at cotton candy trees and arid landscapes. I want a city or something new (like a beach world) to send my Sims exploring in.

I'm currently building a house on every lot in The Sims 4 and am only 2/3's of the way through Willow Creek.
    Do you bulldoze the houses already there? Or only on blank lots?
  • Options
    I hope there will be quite a few new items... 20$ is not very cheap, since it's a third of the price I paid for the full base game. I never bought stuff packs because their price was ridiculous for the few items that we got with them.<br />

That's pretty normal tbh.

The whole of GTA 4 for example, was cheaper than getting it's 2 DLC's together.
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    If they change "Game Pack" into "Expansion Pack", probably people wouldn't complain that it's expensive. ;)
    Though I think "Game Pack" is just another term for "DLC" and I kinda dislike it when DLCs are priced around 20$, or even more o_O . Don't know why, just feel like it's kinda overpriced since DLCs are just additional contents to games, and games in general themselves are priced around 20$. I would gladly pay 20$ for an expansion, though. :blush: Have to wait and see. :)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I don't care what they call it. If I think the content is worth the price I will be happy to purchase it. EP, SP, GP, DLC or plumming shoe, I don't care. If content = or > $$ then it's all good.
  • Options

The Sims base games (believe it or not) have always been pretty cheap. Most AAA games are around $80.

I have run out of room.

I'm currently building a house on every lot in The Sims 4 and am only 2/3's of the way through Willow Creek.
    Do you bulldoze the houses already there? Or only on blank lots?

Bulldoze and evict all premades, my game....my world.....my Sims....LOL I am the Sim Goddess! LOL

I've probably completely made over both worlds 4 times by now. I've run out of room and ideas so I'm bored and cranky over it all.

I rebuilt the parks, residential and community lots many times over now.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited December 2014
    I only buy EPs not stuff packs :D

so yeah - do not like.

Came here to say exactly that ;)

I need to know exactly where it stands between an EP and a SP. If it is not much more than an SP, then I'm not getting it. If it is closer to an EP, then sure, I'm getting it.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I just don't think I'm ready to go camping when I still don't have toddlers or family trees. If we can really run our own lodges and have that business aspect I might have a closer look but if it's basically just a big park with a few more things you can do I'm not paying for it. I have plenty of CC hairstyles and there are more and more new objects too, all of which didn't cost me a penny.
    I'm not saying it's too expensive but I'm baffled that this is what they think the fanbase is clamouring for. Once I have toddlers in game I might buy it. Then again I've never bought a stuff pack before, only really buy EPs so maybe not.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Sounds decent enough to me & I like the idea of it but it does depend on how much it's priced for here in the UK.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    Please let there be log cabins and the stuff to build them with.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    It would be cool if there were fireflies and sims could catch them like in the sims 2 :), and a cave to explore.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

I have run out of room.

I so agree. Builders build constantly. The first thing I did was evict and bulldoze all the premades. Then I built the town several different ways until I perfected the look I was going for. And even when I actually play the game, I continually update their homes, move their children into new homes, move them into new homes as they gain wealth. There is literally no room for neighbors in this game. People who play one family would probably be ok with this setup, but family players who play generations, not so much. I even created more space by combining the community lots into one big "hotel" lot, but that's just 4 extra houses. I severely dislike the limitations of the neighborhood, the aesthetics are horrid when it comes to detail...bleh...I'm just really disgruntled.

I have decided not to invest anymore money into this game and this gamepack is nothing that I care about enough to be excited. Had they delivered a strong base game with complete features, then this might have been a welcome addition. However, it is what it is at this point and lodging was the last thing I was worried about getting in this game.
  • Options
    If they change "Game Pack" into "Expansion Pack", probably people wouldn't complain that it's expensive. ;)
    Though I think "Game Pack" is just another term for "DLC" and I kinda dislike it when DLCs are priced around 20$, or even more o_O . Don't know why, just feel like it's kinda overpriced since DLCs are just additional contents to games, and games in general themselves are priced around 20$. I would gladly pay 20$ for an expansion, though. :blush: Have to wait and see. :)

Expansion Packs and DLC are basically the same thing.
    They used it call DLC Expansion Packs, because you never downloaded. The Sims is basically the only franchise that still use the term Expansion Pack.
    It also depends on the content. Not all DLC is limited. Some of them are like a new game, just using the same engine.

For example, the Grand Theft Auto DLC's were also $20, and even though they are smaller than the actual game, they are basically like a new game experience within the game.

Same with this. It's the same game, but it adds a whole new amount of content.

But yeah, DLC and Expansion Packs are pretty much the same with. DLC is used for anything that can be downloaded into games, no matter how big they are.
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I don't buy stuff packs or store content but, 20 for this seems very fair! I hope I can get a real copy though
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I don't buy stuff packs.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I have run out of room.

I so agree. Builders build constantly. The first thing I did was evict and bulldoze all the premades. Then I built the town several different ways until I perfected the look I was going for. And even when I actually play the game, I continually update their homes, move their children into new homes, move them into new homes as they gain wealth. There is literally no room for neighbors in this game. People who play one family would probably be ok with this setup, but family players who play generations, not so much. I even created more space by combining the community lots into one big "hotel" lot, but that's just 4 extra houses. I severely dislike the limitations of the neighborhood, the aesthetics are horrid when it comes to detail...bleh...I'm just really disgruntled.

I have decided not to invest anymore money into this game and this gamepack is nothing that I care about enough to be excited. Had they delivered a strong base game with complete features, then this might have been a welcome addition. However, it is what it is at this point and lodging was the last thing I was worried about getting in this game.

I am a builder lol.
    I have built about 40? houses, in this game. Still not the amount of total lots aha.

Things will be better when we get the Create-A-World tool (which apparently is already in the game files, just not useable yet) when we can create as many worlds as we want, within the one save. Which will be a huge advantage for builders over the previous games, where it was just one per save.

I hope it comes soon. Surely they plan to announce it soon if it's already made it into the game files?

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi! Cheap or expensive is a matter of what is implemented inside the pack, if we can create campings and run hotels and spend outdoors vacations IMO 20$ should be a rather good price giving it would be consistent in the exchange to €, though we can allways wait for a downprice offer

If we get game packs for 20$ and EPs for 40$ those would be razonable prices, if you compare this to the original price of the game the rate is better than it was with TS3 and its SPs and EPs
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Yet another of these threads in 24 hours? *sigh*

It's all well and good to be happy for new content . :D
    But what I take offense to, is the direction of the thread is AIMED AT others opinions, and you are making it "personal" - When it's NOT. :(

So please don't presume to know how we all feel or what we did .

I went for sales, as often as possible, and avoided full price as often as I could.
    (esp since I have a RL family that I put before my gaming habit) :)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited December 2014
    $20?

People, for half of that you get Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 on Origin. All three games for 10 bucks total!
    Tons of fun. Hours of fun. Days and weeks of fun. With the story that changes based on your choices (sadly just the story, not the ending).

Feel free not to buy them if you feel it's better to be ignorant.
    But unlike "outdoor" virtual crap, I already bought all of Mass Effect N7 outdoor real stuff (parka was a preorder recently) and am constantly wearing them all. And you can't wear that $20 DLC.
    http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/mens/jackets.html
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Stuff packs were way overpriced as well but I only bought them when they went on sale (I paid no more than $8 USD for any of them, which is why I never ended up with KPST).

I'm comparing this with Sims 3 worlds which would have 40+ items, a new actual world, premade houses, rabbit holes, premade Sims, often at least one or two pieces of premium content. I don't mind waiting for sales.
  • Options
    Yet another of these threads in 24 hours? *sigh*

It's all well and good to be happy for new content . :D
    But what I take offense to, is the direction of the thread is AIMED AT others opinions, and you are making it "personal" - When it's NOT. :(

So please don't presume to know how we all feel or what we did .

I went for sales, as often as possible, and avoided full price as often as I could.
    (esp since I have a RL family that I put before my gaming habit) :)

You're kinda looking too deep into it.
    Rarely anyone complained about Stuff Packs being $20, yet people are complaining about more content in a pack, for the same price.

I'm not trying to complain about what people can and can't afford, so no offence should be taken. I'm talking about what people are complaining about when $20 is considered.

I'm sorry if you took offence, but you shouldn't because it doesn't have anything to do with that.