Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

outdoorretreatboxart.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the "Outdoor Retreat" Game Pack that is coming for $20 is expensive.

I'm curious to see how this is "too expensive" when people were happy to pay $20 for around 20+ objects in a Stuff Pack for The Sims 2 and 3.
For example, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff came with only 1 new object per category, and there were only a couple dozen (around 20) new objects in the pack (confirmed by IGN).
http://au.ign.com/articles/2010/02/12/the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff-review

In this Game Pack, you are paying $20 for heaps of new objects, the ability to take a Vacation in a new "destination", the ability to build Hotels/Lodges and Units, as well as Campsites. Even build a Holiday House. There are new hairstyles, and more.
See a preview in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I

So people were happy paying $20 for just over 20 objects and CAS objects, but think all of that content is Expensive?
This is MUCH cheaper than any Sims 3 content.

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited December 2014
    I only buy EPs not stuff packs :D

so yeah - do not like.

Even for Expansion Pack buyers, $20 for a Vacation Pack when Bon Voyage was $40 and only featured a few extra things.

Not to mention, heaps of people paid $40 for packs like Showtime, which barely had any content at all. Generations was $40 and featured a few new features, but nothing amazing.

I think considering the pricing for previous Expansion Packs (considering their content) and Stuff Packs, $20 is reasonable.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014

so yeah - do not like.

It's a game pack -.- which means is not as large as an EP but includes many gameplay features, it's neither an EP nor a Stuff Pack
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Possibly. But I wonder what the UK price is.
    Ea isn't very accurate with their conversion rates.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Regardless of what it's called... I'm getting it.

1. I need more stuff to do. Seriously in need.
    2. I want to see for myself if I will enjoy DLC game packs or not
    3. The video clip looks like fun, so I am hoping it is.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

so yeah - do not like.

Even for Expansion Pack buyers, $20 for a Vacation Pack when Bon Voyage was $40 and only featured a few extra things.

Not to mention, heaps of people paid $40 for packs like Showtime, which barely had any content at all. Generations was $40 and featured a few new features, but nothing amazing.

I think considering the pricing for previous Expansion Packs (considering their content) and Stuff Packs, $20 is reasonable.
    Omgoodness. Did the level of the public demand gotten that low? Have they really made everything they sell cheaper now?

This franchise has a grim future, indeed.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

so yeah - do not like.

It's a game pack -.- which means is not as large as an EP but includes many gameplay features.

This pack is pretty much Bon Voyage without the "bling" and the "bling" is mostly forgettable stuff that no one uses.

I mean who has used those really big ruin statues in their home lots? Or that old pirate ship? Who enjoyed the guided tours that were flash cards only? Or taught their Sims native dances they could do when they got back?

Most of those things aren't really game-breaking losses.
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »

so yeah - do not like.

Omgoodness. Did the level of the public demand gotten that low? Have they really made everything they sell cheaper now?

Well it's not a full expansion pack. I expect Expansion Packs will still be $40 and Stuff Packs $20 as well (maybe slightly cheaper).
  • Options
    Yo I don't understand why you guys compare a 14 y/o content to this. Like have you guys totally forgotten what it was like before? Seems a pretty invalid reason for me.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well i will wait and see if its really worth its money.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

so yeah - do not like.

Well it's not a full expansion pack. I expect Expansion Packs will still be $40 and Stuff Packs $20 as well (maybe slightly cheaper).

Given the inflation of games, I'd probably expect maybe $50, and possibly £30 :o
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Yo I don't understand why you guys compare a 14 y/o content to this. Like have you guys totally forgotten what it was like before? Seems a pretty invalid reason for me.

Huh?
  • Options
    Oh silly me. I've been thinking about Vacations EP but my point still stands
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

so yeah - do not like.

It's a game pack -.- which means is not as large as an EP but includes many gameplay features.

This pack is pretty much Bon Voyage without the "bling" and the "bling" is mostly forgettable stuff that no one uses.

I mean who has used those really big ruin statues in their home lots? Or that old pirate ship? Who enjoyed the guided tours that were flash cards only? Or taught their Sims native dances they could do when they got back?

Actually I despised that Slap Dance with a passion, as well the pirate song they'd sing.
    We don't know exactly what a Game Pack entails. It obviously seems like more than we got in the Stuff Packs and those were about the same price. So we're complaining about getting more for less now?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I agree, it all sounds great to me. I love it. It will give my sims something to work for . Earn enough to go on a vacation. Sounds like a lot of stuff and gameplay for the buck. I am excited for it and will be buying as soon as it comes out. Love the camping. Price sounds good to me.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    This is like a mini-TS3EP. It contains almost over half of what many of the TS3 EPs contained. :)
    Definitely getting it.
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member

so yeah - do not like.

It's a game pack -.- which means is not as large as an EP but includes many gameplay features, it's neither an EP nor a Stuff Pack

In his original post jackjack wrote about people gladly buying overpriced SPs. I was saying I do not buy overpriced stuff packs, therefore it's okay for me to find it expensive. I don't get why you're telling me this. I'm not referring to this as a stuff pack. Thanks for the attitude though.

so yeah - do not like.

I will have to reserve judgement for the game pack until it is actually released and we can see everything there is in the pack before I start comparisons. But I'm not interested in buying it myself because of what I wrote earlier :)
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options

Well sims 2 was, in my opinion, the best game of the series, it had so much content, and tons of little things that make it, for me, the best life simulator ever, because the sims 4 as a little sims 2 feel, I love it and think it has tons of potencial to advance, right now there are only four big things missing from the base game, being those toddlers, family trees, npc's and storyprogression.

Also you need to compare to have a prespective of what's better or not and to realise how worth the content is.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

so yeah - do not like.

Actually I despised that Slap Dance with a passion, as well the pirate song they'd sing.
    We don't know exactly what a Game Pack entails. It obviously seems like more than we got in the Stuff Packs and those were about the same price. So we're complaining about getting more for less now?

Ahaha so did I.
    We know quite a bit already. Of course, we'll find out in full Friday. But from what we have found out, it's pretty hefty.

Basically, people are complaining that we get all the Vacation content (which probably includes around 20 new objects anyway with actual gameplay functions) for the same price as we got a Stuff Pack with around 20 objects (mostly decor anyway).

I don't understand how people didn't complain about Stuff Pack prices, but think this is a rip off?
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    This is cheap, my money is ready when is it coming out? !!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

so yeah - do not like.

Thanks for the attitude though.

I'm sorry @LovelyMelody it's just that I see people whining so much about the price of this and confusing the EP for a Game Pack that I got a little angry plus I guess I missed the whole stuff pack thing :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Hopefully sooner than later
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options

Well sims 2 was, in my opinion, the best game of the series, it had so much content, and tons of little things that make it, for me, the best life simulator ever, because the sims 4 as a little sims 2 feel, I love it and think it has tons of potencial to advance, right now there are only four big things missing from the base game, being those toddlers, family trees, npc's and storyprogression.

Also you need to compare to have a prespective of what's better or not and to realise how worth the content is.
    The only problem is that you guys are having trouble seperating time and its resources. If Sims 2 was made at the same time as Sims 4, that's when you can compare easily and safely.

Also you guys are clouded with your feelings and opinions in your mind. And like you said, have a different perspective.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    This is cheap, my money is ready when is it coming out? !!!

They said "Toast to the New Year in Style" on the original advertisement, so I'm guessing in time for New Years Eve?

vf4tr1md8v5a.png