Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »

Its not pointless, we're keeping them on their toes. Do you think if we stopped complaining they would still come on the forums and talk with us? I don't think we would of gotten pools, ghosts or new careers if we didn't complain.

No, we wouldn't have.
    If all your complaints are is toddlers and family play then I imagine you'll get what you want, but there's no point in spamming it everywhere (including topics that have nothing to do with it).
    However for example some people expect an open world again. I don't think that they could achieve that without re-writing the game entirely. Which no reasonable company would do. In that case it's just pointless frustration.
    I despise seeing such crude language.
    No excuse for it and it's against forum RULES !

If some people feel $20 might be Overpriced for a DLC set, it's NO one's place to tell them their Opinion on the matter is wrong.

However he never even talked about this DLC. All he said was that The Sims 4 is a flop. Which is off topic.

• JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I despise seeing such crude language.
    No excuse for it and it's against forum RULES !

If some people feel $20 might be Overpriced for a DLC set, it's NO one's place to tell them their Opinion on the matter is wrong.

However he never even talked about this DLC. All he said was that The Sims 4 is a flop. Which is off topic.
    As to which I quoted from someone else' post. Therefore, it is on-topic. Stop assuming everything.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Okay you two, have some Christmas cookies, pie, cake, or whatever you like! Tis the season to be jolly!

@bluegayle_ It could be a start of something, if it isn't carried away. But .... my opinion is that it would have to replace expansions or stuff packs.

Not just another thing they add, besides the expansion packs, stuff packs, and store. I am so over what they did to Sims 3. I often mock myself for how much money I spent on TS 3.

Thanks @gamekitten :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Wait, a sky gazing mat? Seriously?

Eeeep, yeah, no.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Read the whole thread first, make acusations later. Not talking about him not wanting to buy the pack or not.
    "Accusations" is not what I am doing.
    I AM pointing out that you are NOT allowed to use the word/language you chose to bicker with.

jackjack_k wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Clearly not. Because I know of more content we are getting outside those dot points.

And what content might that be? This is what I've seen so far, other than the SimsVIP coverage, video clips, and such. Still not worth 20 dollars.

Gameplay:
    -Sims can now take vacations while traveling to special world. If the world is full, a Sim or Sims cannot travel.
    -Travel lodges can be rented and/or reserved.
    -Sims can visit campgrounds, or enjoy space camp. (??)
    -Sims may become tense if they don't vacation for a while.

-There's a new Herbalist career
    -A new insect collection has been included.
    -Additional Quests have been included.

*Sims can sleep in tents.
    *Sims can get a drink from an outdoor cooler.
    *Sims may get a rash from a poison ivy bush.
    *Sims can look up at the clouds or stars while relaxing on a sky-gazing mat.
    *Sims can sit and roast marshmallows around the campfire.

Create-a-Sim:
    Male:
    -Bear Costume

Female:
    -Bear Costume

Buy:
    -Tent
    -Children's Folding Chair
    -Cheap Folding Chair
    -Expensive Folding Chair
    -Sky Gazing Mat

-Rustic Picnic Table

-Cooler

-Lantern

-Campfire
    -Rustic Guitar

-Bear Gnome
    -Campground Clutter 1
    -Campground Clutter 2
    -Campground Clutter 3
    -Campground Clutter 4

Build:
    -Tree Stump
    -Poison Ivy Bush
    -Rock Collection

You said the only new features were in those dot points. Now you post this, which is much more.
    You are also able to own a Vacation Home, according to the leaked scripts.

If you honestly don't think that's worth $20 when you consider EA used to expect people to pay $20 for a Stuff Pack, then I can't help you.
    I mean, we live in an App era where people try to expect $2 purchases in full blown PC games.

For the actual content, it could be $15? but for EA standards, it's cheap. GTA charge customers like $20 for a couple of extra missions. DLC is expensive, because not everyone who bought the original will buy the DLC.

Have you ever seen the Skyrim DLCs and/or the Fallout 3/NV dlcs?

The Sims really did set the bar exceptionally low when it comes to add ons and I guess enough people are willing to pay full price -- and more importantly, enough people are willing to wait for a sale and feel they got a fair price -- that they're going to continue on that route.

• AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I feel like someone threw a wasp nest in this thread and then ran away.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    This post is so thread is so long there is a new comment every five seconds, I think I'll add to that lol.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    -sneaks in and throws out tons of Christmas treats- ..Tis the season to be jolly!

I am so not into the mat, the tents, and fire look interesting as well as other stuff shown in the clip. But sorry EA, I am use to your staged pictures by now. I want to see actual gameplay...:P, before deciding about the cost and your intentions for this game pack idea.

-wanders back out grumbling only she can be a Grinch on Christmas-

Alnairan wrote: »
    And I was the wasp
    3453641_t.gif
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Would you be able to just walk away from a game that you've been playing since you were 6 years old?

If I didn't not enjoy the current interaction at all, absolutely yes.

Much better than obsessing daily about a game I no longer play.

You know what would get me to pay full price for this gamepack? Cuddling animations that extend across the entire game. Making out by the firelight (and I don't mean in that upright position). Actual snuggling on the star-gazing map (who hasn't done that at least once in their life while outdoors with someone they're involved with?).

Bring back some of the more intimate animations. However, just laying down on a mat next to someone while talking about the stars really is not something that appeals to me.

Yes, I'm a sap this way. But I miss a lot of the more romantic gestures that were in previous Sims.
    Read the whole thread first, make acusations later. Not talking about him not wanting to buy the pack or not.
    "Accusations" is not what I am doing.
    I AM pointing out that you are NOT allowed to use the word/language you chose to bicker with.

I wasn't refering to the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 word which I apolegized in my own comment, but to the fact that i wasn't talking about him buying or not the pack. :p And thanks for the heads up too, I know I can't do that but... he deserved it..
    This type of an attitude further proves what I said.
    Jimil wrote: »
    To OP:
    Paying a Game Pack $20 for a Flop Game is a joke.

Sims 2 deserves it, but not the Sims 4.

That's why we don't want an expensive price for this pack.
    Flop Game 4 should be a trend :p
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    To OP:
    Paying a Game Pack $20 for a Flop Game is a joke.

Sims 2 deserves it, but not the Sims 4.

That's why we don't want an expensive price for this pack.

I'd have to disagree, but it depends on what is in each one. I don't myself consider it a flop yet, since I put in over 600 hours of playtime before shelving it for a while, which is plenty for what I paid for the base game. But it does need a lot of new content to stay interesting, and the only way that is going to happen is with these packs and eps.
    The only way to determine if it "flopped" is to look at the sales. Not your personal experiences.

There are plenty of terrible games that sell well too. And flop games that are amazing.
    How much a game sells shouldn't justify how much you enjoy it.

Sales should never be used to determine how good a game is. That would mean the console version of the Sims 2 is better than the PC version, and we all know THAT ain't right :p
    Are you sure The Sims 4 is really good? Why did they removed a lot stuff? Why is it so incomplete and boring? Why are they just starting to bring them all back? Why did it go on sale too early? Why did it not sell well?

Wwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy?

It depends on the kind of Simmer you are. I think it's really good, and lots of other people do as well.
    Lots of other people think it's bad too.

Unlike the previous games, it focuses more in other area's, while family players were kind of overlooked. And goal orientated Simmers were treated really nicely. Unlike Sims 3 where Goal Oriented Simmers were mostly ignored, except for WA.

Each game focuses on something different, and The Sims 4 made the mistake of focusing on things only a small amount of Simmers care about.
    And that's why it's hated a lot.
    Yes exactly.

I don't think individual opinions will matter either. No matter how much you think this "flop game" is the best game for you. If you look at the statistics of the sales, it's pretty clear that the game did "flopped"

But why can't they market it so well? Why didn't appeal to a lot of customers when the past 3 games did? What did they do wrong?

Is it really good for everyone?

No Sims game is good for everyone. Ask the people that hate The Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    Notice how I never said any Sims game is good enough for me? Because I won't use it in an argument. It will raise a ton of questions and invalid reasons.

Ok let's recap:

1. Is The Sims 4 a good enough of a game that will sell well? Realistically no.
    2. Is The Sims 4 good enough for you? Yes, you clearly stated that on your post
    3. Is The Sims 4 good enough for everyone? No. About a 2/3 have already turned their backs on their backs on the franchise.

And again it doesn't mean it'll get better so stop whining about how bad it is because it didn't had good sales in 3 months.
    And you guys blame all the negativity on the negative critics on this forum. How sad.

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    To bring this back on topic:

Is it worth the price?
    I don't know. Compared to The Sims 3 stuff packs yes. If we look at this as a stand alone, then yes. However if they would release 2 more holiday destinations as separate packs, then no. In which case I would like a sort of "Seasons pass", or the ability to buy all DLCs dealing with the same theme as an expansion pack. Otherwise if we assume that there's 3 DLCs dealing with travel and each cost 60 dollars, I would rather way till each is around 20% off, to make it closer to an expansion price.

It's also worth considering the time gap in between these things. If one will be released every 4-5 months then you might just grab it and not worry about the price, if it would be a monthly thing though I imagine being able to buy multiple DLCs as an expansion pack would be more beneficial.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    Alnairan wrote: »
    And I was the wasp
    3453641_t.gif

I'm the honey inside the nest ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    You know what would get me to pay full price for this gamepack? Cuddling animations that extend across the entire game. Making out by the firelight (and I don't mean in that upright position). Actual snuggling on the star-gazing map (who hasn't done that at least once in their life while outdoors with someone they're involved with?).

Bring back some of the more intimate animations. However, just laying down on a mat next to someone while talking about the stars really is not something that appeals to me.

Yes, I'm a sap this way. But I miss a lot of the more romantic gestures that were in previous Sims.

That sounds so vom inducing it would be perfect for some of my couples!
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Now, hug everyone! *runs away*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member

I hope EA makes EPs more connected to one another then if there is a game pack based on romance similar to hot date then it will add extra features or interactions if you have both game packs.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I need to see more and maybe a little trailer to make a actual judgement
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    enough people are willing to wait for a sale and feel they got a fair price -- that they're going to continue on that route.
    That is what I have decided what to do with Sims 4.
    I bought the Sims 4 Premium (physical copy) at Best Buy for $50.
    But actually paid $35 ($38 w/tx), by using saved reward points from that store. B)
    I do Not plan to buy any DLC unless I feel it is really WORTH it, or wait til it's at an acceptable price for me. :D

That sounds so vom inducing it would be perfect for some of my couples!

Of course it is. I like having couples who can't keep their hands off each other as well as couples who hate each other and can't keep their hands off their piece on the side. Seriously, the one thing I would probably use this for is for romantic trysts. If there were a lot of good romantic interactions which it doesn't look like there are.

• blankspaceblankspace Posts: 169 Member
    I never liked stuff packs and I'm not looking forward to this game pack. Both of them are rip-offs.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Now, hug everyone! *runs away*

Bah Humbug! I tried!

Now, they have done it! I am going to steal everyone's Christmas! I am going to tacky sew my cat a reindeer outfit, build a sled with Legos, build a time machine (come on stealing Christmas is a time consuming thing!) with random pc parts and paper!

That is right! You done it now! You have brought out the scrooge and Grinch mixed in me. I will steal the Santa costumes right off the people, steal all the trees! The decorations! The food! The very songs from those wretched carolers..>.> I will vacuum up any snow! Oh no, I won't forget those adorable and silly Christmas cards! Be weary of your yard decorations for they will grow magical wings and fly to my very ebil liar in my very tiny apartment and shrink down to fit in my TUB! And all those presents! I will use them for ...hm ... A high costing garage sale! And you will be frighten when you hear my reindeer cat cry out MEP MEP (she actually says mep mep)!

Anyways back on topic. I guess it all boils down to the game play and quality for us (fiancé and I) if the pack is worth 20 dollars or 0 dollars!

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Some of us did think that Sims 3 stuff packs were a rip off. I bought all the Sims 2 stuff pack but the The Sims 3 ones retailed for around $50nz in the local stores compared with $30nz for Sims 2. So I did buy any unless they were on sale, I still don't have all of them.

As far as this it depends on how large the new world/neighbourhood is, when it is released and how much it is in local currency. I might buy it as a Christmas/birthday present for myself or persuade someoneesle to buy it for me.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    And I was the wasp

I still think you're the Origami Killer and holding Sigzy's son hostage in a well.
    enough people are willing to wait for a sale and feel they got a fair price -- that they're going to continue on that route.

Maybe GMG will sell game pack keys to activate on Origin. They always have 20-25% off coupons.