Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    Problem: It's already looking like flat land. Nice fancy backdrop to give the illusion of terrain, though.

Yes I belive the new vacation location will work like the in game worlds with a backgroung. :\ I dislike that is fake, but at least gives the world a nice feel to it when playing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah $20 is not expensive. Anyone who says it is doesn't know how to manage money.
    THIS is exactly the kind of comments and attitude that is uncalled for.
    Opinions on prices are fine, but these INSULTS have got to STOP! :(

Let it go... let it go...

Can't buy these packs anymore.

Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Yer, and because there is no CAW as yet, the new worlds assets can't be used, unlike previous worlds for S3 where one could.
  • Options
    Dadan10001Dadan10001 Posts: 76 Member
    I thought the stuff packs were god awful value for what they charged. Expansion packs were expensive but at least they made a decent impact on the game.

2qimq08.gif
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Dadan10001 wrote: »
    I thought the stuff packs were god awful value for what they charged. Expansion packs were expensive but at least they made a decent impact on the game.

That is true EA would be a better company if they didn't rip off their customers.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dadan10001 wrote: »

That is true EA would be a better company if they didn't rip off their customers.

And I guess EA desease is spreding over to Ubisoft as well :(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yeah $20 is not expensive. Anyone who says it is doesn't know how to manage money.

Thank you for saying this. As someone who is looking at nearly $10,000 in medical bills this year, things do happen in life that cause any extra money to be spent to be considered carefully before spending. I know how to manage money, but overcoming a debt bills like that brings is not an easy though and any normally extra money must be set aside. So I thank you for saying that because I did take issue with their comment as well.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Knowing EA they will charge $20 for this, release an EP for $30-40 and then they will sell another game pack with more vacation locations for another $20. Breaking up the EP into separate parts for less content and more money
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    Yer, and because there is no CAW as yet, the new worlds assets can't be used, unlike previous worlds for S3 where one could.

Yepp what can you really build in the new zones, well i don't care anyway i will not buy what is not worth buying. Just right now i did upgrade my Dragon Age Inquisition from Standard to Digital Deluxe, just because i like the Game so much 10 Euro is really a nice price too. Anyway i buy only DLC or Premium Stuff if i find it worth paying.
    CAW or any editing town in the Sims 4 is impossible for me now so i do not see worth in it to really invest more money into it.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Thank you for saying this. As someone who is looking at nearly $10,000 in medical bills this year, things do happen in life that cause any extra money to be spent to be considered carefully before spending. I know how to manage money, but overcoming a debt bills like that brings is not an easy though and any normally extra money must be set aside. So I thank you for saying that because I did take issue with their comment as well.
    :'( Wow, that's way worse than hospital bills husband ran up. OMG, I am really sorry to hear that.
    I try to ignore most comments I take offense with, but they seem to spread like weeds, yet they tell others to "stop whining, etc".
    I truly hate lack of respect.
    I've had an extremely bad month, where everything has been slammed into this month, so there is no regular extra money like in the past,
    (or presents & tree this year.)
    But I love my family and we have each other, so it's not too bad. :D<3

And it really is not nice to tell others how to feel about money, or how to value it, game or not. >:)
    Just because some say to "get over it, it's how things are now"...doesn't mean I HAVE to go with it, or accept it.
    I choose things how I see fit, not because someone or a company tries to force it on me. :D

Well whatever happens with the Sims DLC will happen and all we can do it buy it or not or wait til it's cheaper.

So Happy Holidays to All! :D

*insert Holiday lights*
    (I never got the hang of inserting images, even though I can do it on Wall)

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    ^ somehow I now feel bad for having free healthcare and yet complaining about not being able to afford expansion packs.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    I paid about 40$ for the full base game, so 20$ for a stuff pack that adds a few features, a new (probably small) world and few themed objects is expensive. I'd expect features and objects equivalent to half the base game for that price. Then again I never bought stuff packs and store items for the sims 2 and 3 because I always thought they were way over priced.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member

I completely agree with this. As I said on another thread with a similar theme-what is or isn't expensive is up to each individual person. If $20 is not a hardship to someone then it's their decision to spend their money where they like. But just because $20 for additional computer game content might seem costly to someone else it does not translate into that person being unable to manage their money. In fact, perhaps the opposite is true. I do not understand the need to make a statement that unless someone is willing to spend their money on computer game content and to do so without concern for the cost, that they are mismanaging their money or should get a better job (as someone else wrote). If you want to spend your money on additional content, go ahead-that is fine. If you don't want to, for whatever reason you have, that is fine as well.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    My thoughts exactly OP. I paid $40 USD for Sunlit Tides, and although it wasa gorgeous world it didn't have much usable content. I'm proud of EA for going in this direction. And let's not forget the overpriced premium content of the Sims 3 Store. $5 for a changing table?!?! You can't tell me these game packs ain't a better deal.
  • Options
    ^ somehow I now feel bad for having free healthcare and yet complaining about not being able to afford expansion packs.

All the more reason to ask for fair pricing. Yes, fair. Because most DLC isn't $20.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

Perhaps $20 isn't expensive if you still live at home with Mummy and Daddy, but for people with families and / or expenses who don't have the "disposable income" that I've seen some bragging about on the board and using to justify their ridiculous arguments, it is rather a lot of money.
    Maybe you should try to fire up a brain cell before posting, and actually THINK about what you write.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    On the contrary, a person thinking $20 is okay for DLC is the one with the money problem. Just reference other DLCs, they're significant cheaper.

Let's get real, telling people they need to 'manage money better' or 'get a job' because they're annoyed at an over priced item is just a self righteous pot shot, probably by barely adult aged dude bro on minimum wage. Nothing more.
  • Options
    marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    Wait... WHAT? We will be able to build hotels? D: OMG! I'M SO BUYING THE SECOND IT COMES OUT THIS IF THAT'S TRUE! I hope it's soon! Like REALLY soon!
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Memo to self: Do not cross Pary. Ever.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Pary wrote: »

Perhaps $20 isn't expensive if you still live at home with Mummy and Daddy, but for people with families and / or expenses who don't have the "disposable income" that I've seen some bragging about on the board and using to justify their ridiculous arguments, it is rather a lot of money.
    Maybe you should try to fire up a brain cell before posting, and actually THINK about what you write.

With the deepest respect you should THINK before you write/type. I 'CAN' afford to spend crazy amounts of money now. It wasn't always. I have raised my kids, I have gone without so they could have. I could go on and on, but I assume you get the picture.

My post where we spent outrageous amounts of money on games, was to make a point about the price issue along with the rest of the post I made. It wasn't bragging it was to make a statement. Which I hope others got that you seem to have missed.

Oh... I haven't lived with mommy and daddy since I was 16. And that was over 30 years ago.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Actually I wasn't referring to your post in that respect, it was another rude and condescending post in another thread. Neither was the rest of my post directed at you, but you can go ahead and make it all about you if you like.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    clusterfactclusterfact Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > LovelyMelody wrote: »
    >
    > I only buy EPs not stuff packs
    >
    > so yeah - do not like.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's a game pack -.- which means is not as large as an EP but includes many gameplay features, it's neither an EP nor a Stuff Pack

There is also the possibility, however slim, that they are doing away with EPs and Stuff Packs in favor of a "middle ground". Think about it, they could release content more regularly in smaller packs, but ensure the quality is standard by having enough stuff to release. Some of the Stuff Packs were -- for me in any case -- less than substantial.

A new model could improve business!
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Oh brother I just went through another thread like this several hours ago. How is this an issue what people feel are expensive and not expensive? That is their choice and their money. Great you think it's cheap. Don't push your opinion onto others who don't feel the same way.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Yeah it won't be 20 in Australia. We will be slugged at least 40. I'm definitely waiting to see if it's worth it. At least with ts3 it was a whole world in ep's. But until I know more can't really comment.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited December 2014
    Toblie wrote: »
    Yeah it won't be 20 in Australia. We will be slugged at least 40. I'm definitely waiting to see if it's worth it. At least with ts3 it was a whole world in ep's. But until I know more can't really comment.

if you have any way to trick amazon into thinking that you're from USA, or have friends there, do it. Prices in UK feel unfair a lot of the times and the codes for most origin games are not place restricted, so you could buy an American code and apply it on a non American account.

Greenmangaming is awesome as well as most of the times you'll get a 20% discount on everything, or you'll be able to earn money trough writing reviews and give yourself a discount like that.