Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$20 for the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is Cheap.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I don't really see this as a Vacation type stuff pack. It seems more like a stuff pack with a few extra things for your sims to do outdoors and an additional world. It all depends on your personal preference as to whether this pack is worth $20 to you or not. I'm thinking about it because I am also in desperate need for additional group activities that my sims can do together. Although, all I saw in the video was sitting around a campfire and looking up at the sky together.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    looks awesome to me
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    A stuff pack came out before an ep?
    RBeddeaQ5Xo0E.gif
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    br560 wrote: »
    RBeddeaQ5Xo0E.gif
    EA asking for our $20:
    yDORvIC.gif
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    I only buy EPs not stuff packs :D

so yeah - do not like.

Stuff packs were all decorative items and CAS junk.
    Expansions had CAS junk, new workds, interactive objects, and new gameplay/features.

Considering the new interactive options and new location, it seems closer to an expansion than stuff pack.

It seems like your issue is with terminology rather than the actual content.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    To OP:
    Paying a Game Pack $20 for a Flop Game is a joke.

Sims 2 deserves it, but not the Sims 4.

That's why we don't want an expensive price for this pack.
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    When the game pack releases this is us even if we hate EA.

Mhup+hup+mhnd+thmk+mmf+mofey+_5875f270bdab205a6b68e4af63c63178.jpg

tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    I didn't think that the price of $20 was a confirmed price. I haven't heard a price from EA/Maxis yet. And as far as if this pack is worth $20 I wouldn't know until what is in it is confirmed also. So I will wait until EA/Maxis makes all the confirmations and then I will decide if it is for me or not. I do know that I would love having camping in my game.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited December 2014
    If nothing else, it might make it much easier to have a plausible homeless sim. Providing they don't do anything jerky and not let you use tents and coolers on your home lot. And have to say that compared to a stuff pack, which in general was just reshapes and recolors of objects that were already in the game, this is a bargain.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Game Pack Features:

• Wander into an all-new destination
    • Setup camp with tents, coolers and campfires
    • Outfit your Sims in new hiking gear
    • Enjoy unique outdoor activities
    • Become a herbalist

That isn't worth 20 dollars to me. If there were more features, then perhaps it'd be worth that much.

Using the new world as a justification isn't viable either as the worlds are closed, smaller, and don't accommodate as many Sims as The Sims 2 and The Sims 3's worlds did.

That's not all the content though.

You know just as much as I do. As of now, that's what we know we're getting.

It all depends on what the unseen content actually is. If it's just a few items, then no thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    To OP:

I'd have to disagree, but it depends on what is in each one. I don't myself consider it a flop yet, since I put in over 600 hours of playtime before shelving it for a while, which is plenty for what I paid for the base game. But it does need a lot of new content to stay interesting, and the only way that is going to happen is with these packs and eps.
  • Options
    To OP:

Flop Game 4 should be a trend :p
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    To OP:

I'd have to disagree, but it depends on what is in each one. I don't myself consider it a flop yet, since I put in over 600 hours of playtime before shelving it for a while, which is plenty for what I paid for the base game. But it does need a lot of new content to stay interesting, and the only way that is going to happen is with these packs and eps.
    The only way to determine if it "flopped" is to look at the sales. Not your personal experiences.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I don't know if I said it was too expensive or not, I say things and forget what I said. Call it getting old or just forgetful or whatever....lol.

I do remember saying I will probably wait to get this and I still stand behind that comment.

The reason is that I'm not really interested in a single neighborhood world that my Sims can only visit when they are on vacation. I really want another full world, something different from the two we currently have (like a city???). Something I can build on and my Sims can live at full time instead of just on vacation.

I made the mistake of owning the store and all EPs/SPs in Sims 3 and my game suffered for it since I was unable to scale back (I bought it, I want it in my game). I promised myself I wouldn't be doing the same in Sims 4. It has to be something that will improve my game play and I don't see that in a single neighborhood world.

Now....if the intention is to add more vacation destinations to that world? Then I will buy it once more are added.

In all fairness, we got Vacation Words in The Sims 3 before we got a third world. Probably the same will happen this time :)

I honestly don't know how people can say they are running out of room :neutral_face: Surely you don't have 50 families all at once in the one game? If you do, I congratulate you on all that time and effort aha.

I really want another world too, but I'll wait for the first Expansion Pack which will probably include one.

Well, if you are a builder then things get pretty limited very quickly. I build a house, love that house, put a Sim in it and then go on to build another house. When I get bored with building, I choose one of those Sims and play them.

I have run out of room.

But more than that? I'm bored and want a change of scenery. We just came off the full Sims 3 game and had all these different looking worlds (and custom worlds) to play in. So, it's difficult scaling back to just 2 worlds.

Yes....different game, base game, new game....I know all that. It doesn't change the fact that I'm tired of looking at cotton candy trees and arid landscapes. I want a city or something new (like a beach world) to send my Sims exploring in.

I so agree. Builders build constantly. The first thing I did was evict and bulldoze all the premades. Then I built the town several different ways until I perfected the look I was going for. And even when I actually play the game, I continually update their homes, move their children into new homes, move them into new homes as they gain wealth. There is literally no room for neighbors in this game. People who play one family would probably be ok with this setup, but family players who play generations, not so much. I even created more space by combining the community lots into one big "hotel" lot, but that's just 4 extra houses. I severely dislike the limitations of the neighborhood, the aesthetics are horrid when it comes to detail...bleh...I'm just really disgruntled.

I have decided not to invest anymore money into this game and this gamepack is nothing that I care about enough to be excited. Had they delivered a strong base game with complete features, then this might have been a welcome addition. However, it is what it is at this point and lodging was the last thing I was worried about getting in this game.

I am a builder lol.
    I have built about 40? houses, in this game. Still not the amount of total lots aha.

Things will be better when we get the Create-A-World tool (which apparently is already in the game files, just not useable yet) when we can create as many worlds as we want, within the one save. Which will be a huge advantage for builders over the previous games, where it was just one per save.

I hope it comes soon. Surely they plan to announce it soon if it's already made it into the game files?

Ooooo Create-a-World? I hated that in Sims 3. Why they have to make it so complicated? I would love to have this in Sims 4. Say what you may about it but I find it so user friendly. I really miss, though, being able to set a theme in a world and run with it.

I don't like that Oasis Springs is sort of a half attempt at a Palm Springs world with some tacky spots thrown in. I want to completely make it over into a true Southwestern town and can't because of all the decor props. CAW excites me, I would buy it for no other reason than having the freedom to truly set a theme to my worlds.

From what previews we have, it looks similar to The Sims 2 CAW, where you just place lots and edit terrain in game etc.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Jimil wrote: »
    To OP:

To OP:

The only way to determine if it "flopped" is to look at the sales. Not your personal experiences.

Maybe, but in the reference that KhyanLeikas was using it, it was rather or not paying $20 is worth it, and that has nothing to do with sales but WITH personal experiences for each gamer. They aren't going to make an EP or pack way cheaper just because sales were low any more than they did with the one for SimCity. And BTW, it may not mean much, but it is still the #1 computer game on AMazon.
  • Options
    Game Pack Features:

• Wander into an all-new destination
    • Setup camp with tents, coolers and campfires
    • Outfit your Sims in new hiking gear
    • Enjoy unique outdoor activities
    • Become a herbalist

That isn't worth 20 dollars to me. If there were more features, then perhaps it'd be worth that much.

Using the new world as a justification isn't viable either as the worlds are closed, smaller, and don't accommodate as many Sims as The Sims 2 and The Sims 3's worlds did.

That's not all the content though.

You know just as much as I do. As of now, that's what we know we're getting.

It all depends on what the unseen content actually is. If it's just a few items, then no thanks.

Clearly not. Because I know of more content we are getting outside those dot points.

There are also Lodges, Rental Units, Vacation Homes that we can design and build just like in other Vacation Expansion Packs.
    So if you're going to say that, at least make sure you know everything before saying I only know as much as you do :p
    br560 wrote: »
    RBeddeaQ5Xo0E.gif

It's not a Stuff Pack.....................It's a Game Pack (aka focused on Gameplay)

RBeddeaQ5Xo0E.gif
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I don't really see this as a Vacation type stuff pack. It seems more like a stuff pack with a few extra things for your sims to do outdoors and an additional world. It all depends on your personal preference as to whether this pack is worth $20 to you or not. I'm thinking about it because I am also in desperate need for additional group activities that my sims can do together. Although, all I saw in the video was sitting around a campfire and looking up at the sky together.

Well your Sims can take a vacation at a Lodge/Units, Holiday House or Go Camping, just like in Bon Voyage.
    Not sure what more you need to for it to be a Vacation pack, if they can go on Vacation :p

The video is what appears at the start of the Sims 4. It's not an actual trailer for the Pack.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I'm curious, where did you learn that the price will be $20.00?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    To OP:

In case you didn't know, Sims 2 has camping! If you take your Sims on vacation to Three Lakes, there is a campsite that has no fees and has a lot of campsite activities for your Sims. There's also a food stand on the site, if your Sims aren't into catching and grilling fish.

Speaking of TS2, you paid a flat fee for the expansion, and got a massive amount of quality content. I don't think we should be nickel and dimed even MORE for the FOURTH iteration that is recycling content. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're going to later try to charge 20 dollars per season instead of releasing an EP that has all four.

Bon Voyage really had a lot of content once you dug into it. But that's really just TS2 itself, lots of detail. And the developers knew what they were doing without releasing a million patches to fix gameplay structure (and I'm not referring to bugs), but I digress.
  • Options
    To OP:

To OP:

There are plenty of terrible games that sell well too. And flop games that are amazing.
    How much a game sells shouldn't justify how much you enjoy it.

Sales should never be used to determine how good a game is. That would mean the console version of the Sims 2 is better than the PC version, and we all know THAT ain't right :p

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    To OP:

To OP:

There are plenty of terrible games that sell well too. And flop games that are amazing.
    How much a game sells shouldn't justify how much you enjoy it.

Sales should never be used to determine how good a game is. That would mean the console version of the Sims 2 is better than the PC version, and we all know THAT ain't right :p

The console version probably sold more because in that time ps2 was the real deal :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Clearly not. Because I know of more content we are getting outside those dot points.

And what content might that be? This is what I've seen so far, other than the SimsVIP coverage, video clips, and such. Still not worth 20 dollars.

Gameplay:
    -Sims can now take vacations while traveling to special world. If the world is full, a Sim or Sims cannot travel.
    -Travel lodges can be rented and/or reserved.
    -Sims can visit campgrounds, or enjoy space camp. (??)
    -Sims may become tense if they don't vacation for a while.

-There's a new Herbalist career
    -A new insect collection has been included.
    -Additional Quests have been included.

*Sims can sleep in tents.
    *Sims can get a drink from an outdoor cooler.
    *Sims may get a rash from a poison ivy bush.
    *Sims can look up at the clouds or stars while relaxing on a sky-gazing mat.
    *Sims can sit and roast marshmallows around the campfire.

Create-a-Sim:
    Male:
    -Bear Costume

Female:
    -Bear Costume

Buy:
    -Tent
    -Children's Folding Chair
    -Cheap Folding Chair
    -Expensive Folding Chair
    -Sky Gazing Mat

-Rustic Picnic Table

-Cooler

-Lantern

-Campfire
    -Rustic Guitar

-Bear Gnome
    -Campground Clutter 1
    -Campground Clutter 2
    -Campground Clutter 3
    -Campground Clutter 4

Build:
    -Tree Stump
    -Poison Ivy Bush
    -Rock Collection
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited December 2014
    To OP:

To OP:

Maybe, but in the reference that KhyanLeikas was using it, it was rather or not paying $20 is worth it, and that has nothing to do with sales but WITH personal experiences for each gamer. They aren't going to make an EP or pack way cheaper just because sales were low any more than they did with the one for SimCity. And BTW, it may not mean much, but it is still the #1 computer game on AMazon.

No. I mean it's a flop game because of the majority of people who complain about all these missing features and/or all the disappointments about it.
    Sorry to say that but the sale of this game is very low for the sims franchise (contrary to predecessors) judging the fact that EA doesn't want to give us any information about it.
    These two conditions are why this game is a Flop.

It's your personal experience, this is my opinion shared with many of us.

You have the right to consider that the Sims 4 deserves these kind of price.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    To OP:

To OP:

Yes as time goes by along with the improvement of technology and the use of internet (Steam sparked the whole digital gaming thing), I wouldn't doubt that it reached #1 in Amazon.

But we're counting its overall sales. It's just so depressing.
  • Options
    To OP:

In case you didn't know, Sims 2 has camping! If you take your Sims on vacation to Three Lakes, there is a campsite that has no fees and has a lot of campsite activities for your Sims. There's also a food stand on the site, if your Sims aren't into catching and grilling fish.

Speaking of TS2, you paid a flat fee for the expansion, and got a massive amount of quality content. I don't think we should be nickel and dimed even MORE for the FOURTH iteration that is recycling content. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're going to later try to charge 20 dollars per season instead of releasing an EP that has all four.

Bon Voyage really had a lot of content once you dug into it. But that's really just TS2 itself, lots of detail. And the developers knew what they were doing without releasing a million patches to fix gameplay structure (and I'm not referring to bugs), but I digress.

Think of it this way.
    These gameplay packs are the core elements of what Sims fans have asked for. Traditional vacations, not WA type Vacations.

This means the Expansion Packs are saved for new content, while previous content can be saved for Game Packs. For example, I'd love to see "Pets" as a $20 Game Pack, and an Expansion Pack that focuses on Farming? or something new.

This pack is basically Bon Voyage without all the "extra detail" while removing the extra $20 that Bon Voyage cost.
    It seems they want to keep old players happy, while bringing in new content.

I imagine they are saving the Cruise Ship idea they had in the survey for an Expansion Pack :)

• Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited December 2014
    The magic word is gameplay. My fiancé plays this and usually will buy DLC, expansions, and stuff. Our opinions do differ at some things with EA. Gameplay is the magic word. And I am not talking sucky face romantic stuff (I'm an odd lady, for my darling better half is way more romantic than me).

More than not, he'll see what it has in gameplay ... because this game is in dire need of gameplay in both our opinions. He will more likely buy than I. I am still watching EA and see where they are heading with this game.

Its not the price, it is the gameplay. Cheap or not.