Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    I just picked up the new Horse Ranch pack, has anyone else had a chance to check it out?

Yes, it's amazing! <3
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    @OJenn - I haven’t got Horse Ranch yet;I I’ve been busy playing a challenge over on Boolprop that I have to get completed by the end of September!! I do intend to get Horse Ranch at some stage because it will go nicely on the farm that my San Sequoia heir is growing up on (goats and sheep only as there’s no room for a horse!). How have you been enjoying the pack?
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    This month is always crazy busy for me, we have soooo many birthdays in my family so between party prep and going out I haven't had as much time as I would like to play :( I did load up a new save just to mess around with the new pack and as a country music fan I have to say I love the new music station ♥ Sims also have some new dance moves they can try out on the dance floor. I didn't manage to get a horse just yet, one day!

In my current save my sims got married and had a baby so it's my first time playing with infants since the changes were made months ago (I am so behind :lol:) I plan to mess around with the lifestages a bit because the infant stage seemed to go by really fast, Or maybe I was just enjoying the little one and didn't want them to grow up lol.

I am hoping to get a little bit of play time in this morning, not sure when I will post pics since I keep forgetting to take them ♥

Happy Simming everyone!
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Hi friends <3 I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I always think about you and miss this challenge. Just haven't been able to get back into the sims for awhile. Hopefully at some point I will though, I would love to finish my story :)
  • Options
    Hi @debjameswhite miss you too, I hope all is well with you ♥
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Happy September everyone! My health has not been the greatest so I have been trying to take it easy with my new laptop. Still figuring out how to function without a mouse :lol:, I have one but when I have to get up (due to another disability) I can't take it with me. Totally first world problems but I am hoping to get into the swing of things again. I am tempted to restart again, I am not really bonding with the sims I make, which is so strange because I have never had this issue...I don't mind the rebuilding/decorating since thats my favorite part of these challenges.
  • Options
    @OJenn - Happy September! I’m sorry that your health hasn’t been so good lately so fingers crossed that it will improve. You didn’t get that far into the San Sequoia story so that sounds easy enough to start again with a new sim. Have you tried out Horse Ranch yet? Maybe that into the challenge too and go play with horses 🤣.

I haven’t got horses yet and probably won’t until there is a sale or until I get back into Isolde’s family. I’m nearly finished the Boolprop Challenge, so I should be able to get back into the Strangerville one here after that, finish off the first generation, then get Isolde grown up and ready to move to San Sequoia, before going back to my Brindleton household. I figure if I rotate around at the end of every generation, I shouldn’t get too bored but it will take ages to get the challenge finished! At least I’m up to gen 7 for Brindleton! Four more gens to go!!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    TEST! Ignore this I was trying to figure out imgur :lol:
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    Hey ya'll! I am finally back and working on getting settled back into the swing of playing again :lol: My laptop ran into some issues and it took husband and I the entire day yesterday to try and resolve them. Long story short I am back on my old PC with some upgrades and we'll be getting me a handheld device to connect to my PC and play The Sims on when I am in pain and can't sit. Very expensive process but I am glad to be back!!

I decided to switch to a different world this time and ended up going back to one of the places I've never played in before Henford-on-Bagley ♥
    MaPt3dY.jpeg

This place has such a homey feel to it, no matter where you look I spent a good while exploring it.
    YQHVygI.jpeg

SL2QWaq.jpeg

rzauMBq.jpeg

This go around I really wanted my sim to have a family so I randomized an older couple, Harold & Harriet, from the gallery and gave them two girls — Isabel and Rhea.
    dfYSdWm.jpeg

mqMWe8I.jpeg

While Isabel stayed behind to watch after her parents Rhea inherited their grandparents' property up in the Bramblewood near the waterfall.
    Bd6CzJU.jpeg

Nd0nst5.jpeg

While she did get a house she was left with few funds so it's only partially furnished for now while she decides what to do with her life.
    Sj9YY1M.jpeg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @OJenn - the cottage looks so cute! I love playing in HoB - Isolde’s family has been there for two generations, and I just love the views. (Darn, now I’m reconsidering where to have Isolde start her dynasty...). Isabel and Rhea are gorgeous; I can’t wait to read Rhea’s story!

If you’re starting with a choose-your-own-founder like San Sequoia, does that mean that those playing in HoB will get to do the same?

Interestingly, if I did decide to keep Isolde in HoB, her grandparents do currently live in Cordelia’s secret cottage (I think; I know it’s somewhere up on that hill). I’ve already renovated Olde Mill Hill, and I have a feeling that 3 Olde Mill Lane is where Isolde currently lives. I could probably just shift that lot, demolish the ones that would be in the legacy, and keep the current relations in the town :). Although I’ve worked out that when I eventually get to do Isolde’s challenge, I’m going to combine it with a spellcasters legacy based on the Harry Potter houses, and there will be four towns - one for each house - that the spares will move to. But that’s still ages away yet 🤣
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Absolutely @MayaRose1138 I will update the main page to add that :)
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited September 2023
    The Carmona's
    Generation 1 | Henford-on-Bagley

Okay okay okay. Don't need to twist me arm ;) After seeing @OJenn recent post (how cute is that house!!) I had to return. I've been in a rut with my previous saves and just finished a quick challenge with the most recent expansion. Having a save that there are not many rules, I don't need to take photos if I don't like and can just play how I like sounded appealing. My playtime is all over the place, so I'm back. Occasionally.

I absolutely love Henford-on-Bagley, so I of course decided to start there. I went looking for the previous save but I must of deleted and forgot. This time I'm worrying less about photos and just playing how I please with some updates. Also, not as many babies. I'm limiting myself this time because I always go over board and feel overwhelmed.

blue-sea-photo-collage-facebook-cover.png

09-19-23_9-08-35-am.png

This is Tatiana Carmona. Her grandparents left her some land in Henford-on-Bagley and she knew that was where she belonged. Her now husband, Tony Carmona, agreed to leave their tiny apartment in city behind and move to the country where they would start a family.

09-19-23_7-51-34-pm.png

Tony Carmona is currently studying at the University of Britechester to be a Doctor. He is an only child with both parents deceased.

09-21-23_6-54-38-pm.png

They had a small two bedroom, two bathroom house built on the small land. It was perfect. Tony would commute to school to finish his degree to become a Doctor, while Tatiana would stay home and raise their children. She was also eager to try gardening and craft Nectars to bring in some income.

09-21-23_6-55-57-pm.png

It didn't take long before Tatiana was expecting. To their surprise it was twins.

09-22-23_6-13-28-am.png

Tatiana spent the pregnancy growing her garden and trying to fish. It was something her grandfather would take her out into the early hours of the morning to do, he would bring her apple juice and her favorite cookies that grandma Ethel had made the day prior.

09-22-23_2-02-15-pm.png

They welcomed a daughter named Mia Carmona.

09-22-23_2-06-34-pm.png

And a son named Mateo Carmona. The two completed their family.

09-22-23_2-31-57-pm.png

The twins kept Tatiana busy. With her growing garden and starting to build up a small collection of Nectar.

And before long it was the twins birthday.

09-22-23_2-58-02-pm.png

09-22-23_3-03-45-pm.png

• Options
    @Luclylu - So excited to see you back and posting, I really love Tatiana's features. You did such an amazing job on the house, the landscaping is top notch. The twins are so adorable omg omg, I think Mateo is my favorite and it looks like he got a good mix of both parents.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Luclylu - nice to see you back again! Your founders look great, and so does the cottage. I think Mateo’s my favourite so far - those big green eyes are just so cute!!

Edit: Checked briefly yesterday. Isolde’s grandmother lives at 13 Nettle Lane (with 6 dogs - how? I don’t even have pet adoptions turned on for extended families!), so the other two houses up there are free to be renovated. Isolde currently lives at 2 Olde Mill Lane, so her parents are going to have to shift when the challenge starts, as are a few of her relatives.
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    Might I suggest an alteration for the gen 5 house for HoB? Looking at both plans, plan B won’t fit in a 20x20 space unless it’s dimensions are seriously altered (it’s spacious dining/kitchen/living spaces become very squashed). Should the lot be changed to 5 Cobblebottom St, since it has 30x20 area, or maybe have a smaller floor plan?
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    This looks interesting, but quick question. It says to pick a founding couple and then move into the founding plot for the world of your choosing. Can we pick any world, or should we pick the one that seems to be associated with the founding couple?
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    Hi @Belalucina! There are couples specifically suited to most of the worlds (have a look at the aspirations to check), ie. the U’halu founders are obviously best suited for Sulani, but you can chose whichever one you like. If you’ve got a world that you want to explore more, that could be a good starting point. I chose Brindleton Bay because I’d never really played in it before, and I started with the Emerson founders, but I’ve also seen a save where those founders were in Evergreen Harbour.
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 thank you! I'm also thinking of doing the Emerson's in Evergreen Harbour. I have other challenges I'm doing, but this seems really fun!
  • Options
    @Belalucina - it is fun! I’m not the best builder/decorator but it’s been fun picking floor plans and trying to build them to suit the families. There’s a lot of freedom in this challenge as to not only how it plays out, but also how to pick heirs, etc. I’ve been generally trying to pick heirs that have physical traits from both parents but there’s also room for going “oh, I like that sim, I’ll stick with them”. Because my sims are in Brindleton Bay, I’m also running a cat legacy too, where each generation has two cats, then the kitten from that pairing goes with the next heir - so far, I’m up to gen 7!
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 aw, that sounds really cute! Do you bulldoze all the lots before you start or just do it as you get to it?
  • Options
    @Belalucina - the idea is to bulldoze all the lots at the start, then build each generation’s home as you go. For the non-household lots, you’re free to build (or download from the gallery) anything you like. For example, in my Brindleton, there was a wedding venue where the lounge venue used to be (now a community centre), I’ve kept the museum - with slight changes - on the lighthouse island, downloaded a cafe for the waterfront, created my own vet clinic (which the founders ran), put a retirement home on the dog park, and the big 64x64 lot is a park where there’s a play area for toddlers and children, a pool, skating rink, and bike riding/dog training area. You can see a map that I did at the start of gen 5 on page 58 (under update 5.02).

One of the things that is recommended is trying to have a hereditary skill passed down through the generations. Because my family have cats, each heir has to learn enough of the vet skill to create age-down treats and be able to treat their own pets at home. Other than that, the sims are free to learn whatever skills you want and have whatever job/aspirations you want. I try and have a different career for each heir so that I try different things out. In my new save, where I’m going to do the Strangerville rebuild, instead of a skill, my heirs are going to do one collection per generation and create a museum in the town.
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 Very nice, I like the map where you can see where every generation has lived. I think it will be fun bulldozing everything and rebuilding it all. :)
  • Options
    Might I suggest an alteration for the gen 5 house for HoB? Looking at both plans, plan B won’t fit in a 20x20 space unless it’s dimensions are seriously altered (it’s spacious dining/kitchen/living spaces become very squashed). Should the lot be changed to 5 Cobblebottom St, since it has 30x20 area, or maybe have a smaller floor plan?

Sorry for the late reply Maya, you've likely already resolved this by now :lol: But yes you're right that should have been 5 Crumpblebottom. I have updated the main page :)
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    OJenn wrote: »

Sorry for the late reply Maya, you've likely already resolved this by now :lol: But yes you're right that should have been 5 Crumpblebottom. I have updated the main page :)

Actually, I hadn't got around to it :) Okay, cool, I want to do plan B when I get there then. I just tried to access it though and something is seriously wrong with all the links in that first post. Every link is saying 'access denied', all lots and all sims. I think it might be a forum thing rather than anything else, so hopefully it'll right itself soon.
  • Options
    I get the same thing too, hmm that's really strange.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top