Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

1646566676870...Next

Comments

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I’ve been rereading that thread too and it seems that we can keep posting in this thread, just nothing we post after March 12th would transfer over to the new site. So we could keep posting here but all those comments would not be there in July. So if we posted any updates, we would have to keep a copy of what we posted to repost in July. There is a new category on AHQ for interim discussions in the Creative Corner, so I don’t know whether you’d want to set something up there or not.
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited February 22
    Ah...I found the AHQ. It seems they have a Creative Corner on that site as well. I guess I'm confused about why they would make more than one. I'm fine with posting there if we want to make the jump.

Michigan! You've come north!! :) I hope you like it there.
    Post edited by debjameswhite on
  • Options
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 7.04
    Grandparents Emerson and Rose were invited around to help out once the triplets aged into infants. Emerson could frequently be found with either Luke or Riker in his arms, but mainly Luke. I guess he had a favourite :smiley:
    04-02-23_2-12-41-pm.png
    04-02-23_2-13-34-pm.png
    04-08-23_3-03-48-pm.png

The triplets were busy learning all their milestones. Rey lagged a little behind at the start but made up for it by being the only one to say her first word!
    04-08-23_3-00-28-pm.png
    04-02-23_2-21-26-pm.png
    04-02-23_3-18-55-pm.png
    04-02-23_3-33-36-pm.png
    04-02-23_3-59-56-pm-1.png
    04-02-23_2-39-58-pm.png
    04-08-23_12-51-37-pm.png
    04-08-23_12-56-36-pm.png

Riker was able to get some of his parents attention when his siblings were asleep. Fortunately, he actually liked playing with the triplets. Also, there were two grandparents around to play with or read when back to sleep when he got up an hour after being put to bed!
    04-02-23_2-09-44-pm.png
    04-02-23_2-27-35-pm.png
    04-02-23_2-20-34-pm.png
    04-08-23_3-06-18-pm.png
    04-02-23_4-45-44-pm.png
    04-08-23_2-32-31-pm.png
    04-08-23_12-43-58-pm.png

Around this time, cousin Edith was born to Snow. Yet another red-head!
    04-09-23_3-38-25-pm.png

Although there was little privacy, Storm and Harlow still managed to get some time together. I don't think they left the house for five days!
    04-02-23_2-28-59-pm.png
    04-08-23_3-28-39-pm.png

This was just too cute - Leia and Bellusdeo having a nap together :lol:
    04-08-23_1-15-30-pm.png

And then it was time for more toddlers! Luke gained Angelic, Leia gained Charmer, and Rey gained Fussy.
    04-08-23_4-20-52-pm.png
    04-08-23_4-25-36-pm.png
    04-08-23_4-30-47-pm.png

Oh, the joys of having four toddlers in the house!!
    04-08-23_12-44-24-pm.png
    04-09-23_2-48-10-pm.png
    04-09-23_3-00-58-pm.png

An assembly line of toddlers arriving for breakfast :lol:
    04-09-23_2-43-47-pm.png

Once the triplets were toddlers, Storm was able to go back to work. She gained a promotion to Level 5 on the first day back!
    04-09-23_1-47-41-pm.png
    04-09-23_1-59-37-pm.png
    04-09-23_2-16-17-pm.png
    04-09-23_3-15-26-pm.png

A couple of days after that, Riker aged up to child. He gained the Green Fiend trait and will start with the Creative Genius aspiration.
    04-09-23_4-27-21-pm.png

Family news:
    Babies: Samson had Raphael, Scott had Xanthe, London had Sparrow, Elliana had Henry. Samson and Shawn have babies on the way.
    Cousin Dylan got married to Arthur Zimmer as an adult after having two children with women as a YA :lol:
  • Options
    I don't know if I'll get another update done in the next two weeks - I'm busy trying to find all the sims 3 updates I did back between 2014 and 2018 and I still have another 200 pages to search through! But I'll keep checking back here to see what's going on.
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 The little ones are so cute. I loved the line of toddlers climbing the stairs! I can't wait until I have some children again in my family. :)
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited February 24
    @MayaRose1138 - As much work as it is the infant stage is probably my current favorite lifespan. Luke is absolutely adorable ♥ The red-head gene is strong in this family lol. I think Rey is my favorite out of the triplets, are theyy identical? It looks like they might be.

I've created a post in the AHQ for now and you can find it here.

• Options
    @OJenn @MayaRose1138 @everyone I was just thinking for our next go at this challenge, let's not make a world the criteria. Let's do it based on generations but let us go where ever we want. I was looking at my saves and I actually only played through all the generations in a town once. The rest of the times I've rebooted and started over in a new town because I wanted to play the expansion. We should make it so we can continue through the generations in different neighborhoods. Or do it as an option. Maybe each generation moves to a new town. I'm just brainstorming :)
  • Options
    Hey @debjameswhite I love this idea! Can you post it over in the new thread so we don't lose it?
  • Options
    edited February 24
    @OJenn Never mind! I did find it :) Last time I looked there were 0 posts there!
  • Options
    @OJenn I can't find the new thread!

Here you go ♥
  • Options
    Oh no worries @debjameswhite can you tell I am just refreshing the page :lol:
  • Options
    So I'm playing and it was Harvestfest day and they couldn't do any of the things. No gnomes showed up, they didn't care about putting up the decorations and no matter how many times I showed a thankful spirit it didn't get checked off. Is something up?
  • Options
    edited February 25
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - As much work as it is the infant stage is probably my current favorite lifespan. Luke is absolutely adorable ♥ The red-head gene is strong in this family lol. I think Rey is my favorite out of the triplets, are theyy identical? It looks like they might be.

I've created a post in the AHQ for now and you can find it here.

I love infants too! Three at once is very hard work though! I think that at this stage, and the toddler stage, the girls are absolutely identical but when they hit childhood, their eyebrows change. I changed Luke into a girl at one point and discovered that were he born female, he would have been identical to his sisters, so I would have had identical triplets. It took me until partway through childhood to decide on an heir because they were all so adorable 🥰.
    @MayaRose1138 The little ones are so cute. I loved the line of toddlers climbing the stairs! I can't wait until I have some children again in my family. :)

Infants and toddlers are so fun. That stair moment came about because I paused the game, set all of them the task of getting food when they woke up, then unpaused. Riker was the quickest because his movement skill was high, and then the triplets just melded into a caterpillar-like creature 🤣. I’m just in that stage with the gen 8 kids - one child, two toddlers - and it’s just so fun! I’ve got into a rhythm now with infants and can knock out the first few milestones quickly, but I still have trouble getting all the social ones. Rey is one of only a few I’ve had get the first word milestone.
  • Options
    So I'm playing and it was Harvestfest day and they couldn't do any of the things. No gnomes showed up, they didn't care about putting up the decorations and no matter how many times I showed a thankful spirit it didn't get checked off. Is something up?

Last time I played Harvestfest, things went fine but only 3 of the household had the checklist that they could do. I have the same thing every time a calendar event comes up 😔. I haven’t had Harvestfest or the others completely not work so I don’t know what’s going on in your game.
  • Options
    I watched all the trailers for the expansions I missed this morning. Maybe I should have done that first! OMG the horse one has wine and tiny goats too! I can't wait! Also I watched the one for the new pack coming out that will have jewlery making. I'm pretty excited about that too.

I did figure out yesterday after wondering why Parker was not even close to aging up what was going on and then I realized all my aging things had been shut off. MCCC had changed so it took me awhile to figure out how to set my custom ages again but we're back on track now.
  • Options
    @OJenn So if I choose to restart with Parker in Henford-on-Bagley, is that where you're playing now? Also my founders can be anyone correct so I can choose any young lady for Parker? He's really good friends with Bonnie, but they're not clicking lol.
  • Options
    TEA9C1k.jpeg
    TO RAISE A WOLFE – Evergreen Harbor Edition
    Callahan Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree
    Valentino Family Tree
    West Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree

Chapter 43: Change

When Maximiliano Frederick passed away things were complicated. His son Lee briefly hoped he would be able to escape the family dynamic but turns out crime, big crime in this case at least, was a family affair. His uncle Ernest made that abundantly clear when Lee tried to wrap things up and escape. He dreamed of finding his wife Piper and his children and living a peaceful normal life.

yEKU06w.png

Lee was, for the most part, a good man. He was a techie and his contribution to the family business had been in the IT world. Was he completely innocent? Not at all. He was an accomplished hacker and he had placed many “bugs” to inform his father and uncle on what people of interest were up to. He had only lied to them once and that was when his wife was escaping. He didn’t let on that he had found where her first train ticket took her. He had stopped looking after that. He didn’t want to know. He didn’t want to jeopardize her freedom. He did know where his daughter Paige was though. Every day he prayed it wouldn’t be of much interest to his father after the news had come out that Paige and Parker could possibly not actually be Lee’s children. Fortune had smiled and his father had never pushed about it. Now that he had passed it was unlikely that his uncle would either.

Lee underestimated his uncle, however. There was a special job that Ernest wanted Lee for, but he knew Lee would be reluctant. He too had been unable to find Piper and her children, but he knew where Paige was and since there was still doubt, he hoped he could use her against him. He summoned him to a secret meeting. “You will do as I say, or your daughter will pay. I have someone picking her up for safe keeping as we speak.”

73T03Zm.png

At first, Lee had no idea what to do. After thinking for awhile he remembered the man who still haunted his nightmares. He had threatened him before Piper had fled. He was the one who had accused her of hiding their oldest children from their true father. Lee knew he was a man of some power but had no idea how to reach him. He left a cryptic message on the internet, and it worked. That very night he was attacked in his home and when he woke up, he was face to face with his worst nightmare (though Ethan was doing his best to seem friendly).

BLCLSWE.png

Ethan told Lee to stay there. Lee didn’t really have a choice. When Ethan left him, he locked the door. Lee knew there was something not right about Ethan, but he was desperate to save his daughter.

To Ethan’s surprise, when he found Ernest Frederick, the man was already at the end of his life. Ethan didn’t even have to invoke any of his powers before Ernest was having a cardiac event.

xH0piHK.png

His next step would be to find Piper and Paige. He had to give the family a chance at reuniting. Honestly, he had stopped looking really hard over the year he had had Parker with him. Lee needed to go into witness protection and once that happened getting them all together again would be impossible.
  • Options
    @OJenn So if I choose to restart with Parker in Henford-on-Bagley, is that where you're playing now? Also my founders can be anyone correct so I can choose any young lady for Parker? He's really good friends with Bonnie, but they're not clicking lol.

Yes, I am currently in Henford-on-Bagley, it is such a cute little town! Whoever Parker falls in love with is fine, any townie will do ♥ I usually tend to wander around and meet the locals
  • Options
    I don't know where to post updates anymore lol but I made my new sim for Chestnut Ridge. Her name is Fern Rose and she'll be building her own farm soon. Off to make her some family as well now ♥
    rEcUrce.jpeg
  • Options
    @OJenn Oooo! I am excited to see your founder :) I was wondering what she looked like when you mentioned you had made her :) She's so cute.
  • Options
    Since I’m planning to start fresh with a new save and a new world, I wanted to give a proper ending to my Wolfe saga. I could do nothing less for my sweet Lawrence Wolfe. He has been with me almost as long as I’ve been doing this challenge. In fact, I can trace him all the way back to the very first challenge even though he was the start of my second run through 😊 It will be a little text heavy though, so I hope you don’t mind.
    TEA9C1k.jpeg
    TO RAISE A WOLFE – Evergreen Harbor Edition
    Callahan Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree
    Valentino Family Tree
    West Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree

Chapter 44: The End

After Ernest Frederick’s sudden death, Lawrence took the opportunity to clean up the corruption (if only things like this were as easy in real life!). With his dark powers and vast resources, he quietly dissolved all their organizations. He found Piper, finally, after a week of searching. She had been abducted from her school, but the plan had been to use her against her father Lee Frederick, so she was still safe. In rescuing her, he had to reveal himself and the minute Paige saw Parker, she told him. “Do you know he’s a vampire?”

Parker had suspected something. “I had an idea, I just didn’t know exactly what was different about him.”

Paige eyed her brother warily, “And you’re ok with this?”

Parker shrugged his shoulders, “He’s been the most consistent person in my life. He’s taken care of me when no one else did.”

Lawrence could hear everything they said from his study. He wasn’t trying to eavesdrop, but his hearing was very sensitive. He went to the library and knocked on the door not waiting for a reply before he entered. “Let me explain. I have a lot to tell you.”
    He then recounted for them his life story. How his real name was Lawrence not Ethan. How he had become a vampire. How his wife still haunted him. He took them to the third floor and showed them his hidden treasures. On that floor, Parker felt the strange presence he often felt in the house even stronger. Then finally he told them about Finlay Emerson and how this man was their father.

Parker and Paige were stunned. Parker didn’t care. He loved Lawrence and thought of him as a father now. He wanted to meet his father, but he wanted to stay with Lawrence. Paige was more conflicted, but in the end, she wanted to be wherever her brother was. They both missed the people they thought were their parents though.

Lawrence left to find Piper. The last missing link and Parker and Paige got to work too. Parker had been studying botany and had become quite good. He loved plants and he loved lore. He quietly confessed to Parker that he had been studying lore for years believing there was something strange about Lawrence.

Parker took a trip of his own and found someone who could make him a plate of Ambrosia. Lore stated that if a ghost ate this, they would return to the living. It seemed unlikely that this was true, but Parker decided to give it a try. If this worked, Lawrence would have his wife again. Then he could turn her to a vampire if that was what he wanted, or…Parker had also discovered a possible cure for that.

With Paige in tow, Parker set the table in the dining room for Lawrence’s lost wife, just as he had always done. “I don’t know if you can hear me, but I think if you can try to eat this, you may come back to life. Let’s try before Lawrence comes back. I don’t want to make him sad if it doesn’t work.”

Parker and Paige both sat at the table and waited. To their surprise, they started to see a shimmering. Slowly a beautiful young woman began to take form. “This is really good.” She mused then startled at the sound of her own voice. “What?” She looked at her hand and then stood up suddenly shocked, then startled again as the chair fell over. “What?”

The timing couldn’t have been more perfect as Lawrence’s voice could suddenly be heard, “Kids!” he called, “I’m back and I have…” the words died on his lips as he entered the room. “Who is this?” he demanded, but the tears that sprang immediately to his eyes indicated he already knew.

“Lar?” The bewildered woman asked and in moments she was in his arms.

Paige then squeaked as she saw her mother and flew to her. “Mama!” she cried as the two embraced.

Parker was bewildered, but he approached Lawrence. “I have one more gift for you.” He handed him a flask, “This is supposed to cure vampirism. If you want to become human now, or if you want to stay…” He held it out and shrugged.

A few days went by before any decisions were made. As David, Lawrence had called Finlay and asked him to come to the house with his family. His older children were all teenagers now, but they also had 2 little ones. He sat Finlay and Charlotte down in the privacy of his study and told them everything he had learned. He apologized for keeping it secret and he told Finlay everything about his life just as he had told Parker and Paige days before.

Lawrence had also summoned Lee Frederick. Piper and Lee had a long conversation and they decided to try and reconcile now that he wasn’t burdened with the family business. Paige wanted to get to know her father, but she wanted to stay with her mother and Lee as well. What she really wanted was to go back to her school. Parker didn’t say much but when he was alone with Lawrence he said, “What are you going to do? What do you want?”

Lawrence smiled, “I’m going to try the cure. Kelsey wants to stay human. What about you Parker, what do you want?”

Parker sighed, “When you’re human, I know you’ll probably want to start a family or something.” He shrugged again, he felt lost, but Lawrence grabbed his hand.

“Parker, tell me what you want.” He encouraged.

Parker shrugged again his cheeks coloring, “I want to stay a Wolfe. I want you to be my dad.” He smirked then, “Even though you’re like my 8th great grandfather!”

And so, the Wolfe Legacy was once again set right.

hYtxwvm.png
  • Options
    Awww this was such a sweet send off @debjameswhite ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Looks like I came back in the middle of a forum switch? Possibly a challenge change up? 👋🏻
  • Options
    Hiya @Luclylu Yes the forums are going through a change in the next few months? We're cooking up version 3 of the challenge now!

Once the new site is up and running we'll be posting there! For now, here is the working document for the challenge.

I'd say it's more or less in beta testing phase to see what kinks need to be worked out but you are totally welcome to start it up if you'd like.

There have been a few changes as things are figured out :lol:
  • Options
    @Luclylu - this challenge will still be running. I’m currently in the middle of gen 7 but I’m not posting updates here until the new forums are up in July. I am determined to get to gen 10! I might post short updates but I’m not doing long ones because then I would have to do them again in the new forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top