Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• Options
    blmbd1blmbd1 Posts: 14 New Member
    @chesterbigbird Thank you very much for your help, however I am still really confused on how to see if it is using the AMD card and how to change it over to it if it is not. I am using TS3 and just want it to run normally (the battery on this computer is really bad and I don't want to use it all on high performance). I looked at the links but I just don't understand any of it :( sorry for the trouble
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    blmbd1 wrote: »
    @chesterbigbird Thank you very much for your help, however I am still really confused on how to see if it is using the AMD card and how to change it over to it if it is not. I am using TS3 and just want it to run normally (the battery on this computer is really bad and I don't want to use it all on high performance). I looked at the links but I just don't understand any of it :( sorry for the trouble

Right click your desktop and select catalyst control center,
    Select "power " from the tab on the left side and switchable graphics"

c03750717.jpg

From their you can select a recent application.. if the sims 3 is there then select that.. or you can add the executable file for the sims 3. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\"TS3W.exe")
    And then you will want to select high performance.
    c03750718.jpg
    This will make the game use that card.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    blmbd1blmbd1 Posts: 14 New Member
    @chesterbigbird Thank-you that was really easy to do, but it's already on high performance for TS3 so I don't think that's my problem. Thank you for all your help though :smiley:
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @blmbd1 also on the HP web search your make and model laptop and update all our drivers
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    If I choose not to update Sims 3 will this inflict my purchase or updates for Sims 4? I saw that some had said that Origin was updating Sims 4 but at the same time updating Sims 3. I do not want this update but may want to purchase GP or EP for Sims 4??
  • Options
    If I choose not to update Sims 3 will this inflict my purchase or updates for Sims 4? I saw that some had said that Origin was updating Sims 4 but at the same time updating Sims 3. I do not want this update but may want to purchase GP or EP for Sims 4??

@crinrict may know the answer.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    It will influence Sims 4 in that respect that you will also need to trigger the update yourself.

It's recommended anyways so you won't have a problem. If you don't want the update, make sure automatic updates are turned off. You'll get the option to update Sims 4 through Origin by just clicking on a link.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    theevilwritertheevilwriter Posts: 13 New Member
    Why did it update when I played the Sims 4? I didn't even get asked if I wanted to update the Sims 3 - this shouldn't have been possible.

When are you going to make the patch removable??
  • Options
    Do you have automatic updates on ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    theevilwritertheevilwriter Posts: 13 New Member
    Not in the Sims 3 launcher. But I don't know about Origin, it has an auto update feature? By default?? Grrr.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Jumping in here, as the conversation has jumped around a bit it would be helpful to know what issues are occurring for some of you (minus the Create A World tool which we are already aware of) related to the update.

Here some of the issues more lag than without the update. The Sims 3 launcher not keeping the expansion pack settings that I gave it. I wish you guys would use a test team to see what could happen. I might as well say that in my opinion all gaming companies should test their update and software before releasing it to the public. While it is nice to be able to download things from the store in the Sims 3 open dashboard. Two many launchers as well. Can't tell difference between the two launchers that don't help. I believe that pretty much is the summary of people are saying.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

Is it okay to have keep ignore non-mandatory game updates checked?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    February11 wrote: »

I'd keep it checked - but don't rely on it because I think this 1.69 update was considered mandatory according to what I've read some people saying. I've still not opened Origin since a few days before the update was announced.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »

I'd keep it checked - but don't rely on it because I think this 1.69 update was considered mandatory according to what I've read some people saying. I've still not opened Origin since a few days before the update was announced.

Same here I wont open origin

@February11 best person to ask would be @crinrict on this update issue
  • Options

That's exactly what happened just now. I had that one checked and I noticed it was updating so I quickly cancelled it again, and unchecked it. Phew! This is crazy!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Hopefully she'll pop by and answer that. For the time being I'll keep them both unchecked and when I see new posts for TS4 patch notes, I'll manually update. So far the automatic updates for that have been handy, but I'm not willing to risk anything going wrong with a perfectly functioning TS3!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    wwheavenupwwheavenup Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2015
    I have been playing my game just fine with all EP's. Since the update my game has become jumpy and lags so badly it is unbearable to play. It also shuts down periodically causing me to lose progress, etc. and will freeze up at times. Very disappointed in this update and hope it can be rectified soon! I just started playing last year and I've tied up a lot of money in this game as I know many others have too! :'(
  • Options

I'm unsure what that does exactly but I think it's only relevant if you have automatic updates turned on. I'm unsure if this patch is counted as mandatory by Origin or not.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2015

I'm unsure what that does exactly but I think it's only relevant if you have automatic updates turned on. I'm unsure if this patch is counted as mandatory by Origin or not.

Thanks crinrict, I've disabled both updates bar the origin one anyway as it still tried to update with the non-mandatory one enabled
    Thank goodness for community spirit. Makes everything feel positive.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Hopefully she'll pop by and answer that. For the time being I'll keep them both unchecked and when I see new posts for TS4 patch notes, I'll manually update. So far the automatic updates for that have been handy, but I'm not willing to risk anything going wrong with a perfectly functioning TS3!

I uninstalled the sims 4 so I know Im safe from origin :p
  • Options
    holstarsholstars Posts: 16 New Member
    Since I updated the game, its all gone wrong. When I go to start a new game none of the worlds from the expansion packs I own appear in the selection and when I go into create a sim and put a random piece of clothing, hair etc, which is from an expansion pack, a certain part of my sims body will turn invisible and for example their trousers/pants will turn blue, green etc.

Asking for a friend.

Many thanks, Hollie.
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @holstars while you're waiting for someone who knows what they're talking about, just a suggestion, have you got all the expansion packs ticked/checked in the launcher? :#
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    @pheobebebe13

Today I had my Sims 3 game open

I backed up my Sims 3 folder

I disconnected from the internet.

I launched Origin.

Then I launched Sims 4. I was able to play.

Then I launched Bejewelled and was able to play.

Then I cancelled the option to patch my Sims 3 to patch 1. 69.

Then I closed out of the games and Origin.

Next I reconnected to the internet

Launched Origin

Patched Origin

Patched Sims 4

Launched Sims 4

Played a while.

Closed Sims 4 and Origin

Continued playing my Sims 3 game without updating Sims 3 to 1.69

Then I closed Sims 3 and launched it again. I am currently playing Sims 3.

I'll continue carrying on as before the patch was released. Hopefully it won't be offered again.

• Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    @holstars

About the invisible parts. Tell your friend to delete the CASPartCache.package - I had the same problem with a few of my store clothes, but it got solved by deleting the cache file.

I recommend to delete the cachefiles regulary. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @pheobebebe13

Today I had my Sims 3 game open

I backed up my Sims 3 folder

I disconnected from the internet.

I launched Origin.

Then I launched Sims 4. I was able to play.

Then I launched Bejewelled and was able to play.

Then I cancelled the option to patch my Sims 3 to patch 1. 69.

Then I closed out of the games and Origin.

Next I reconnected to the internet

Launched Origin

Patched Origin

Patched Sims 4

Launched Sims 4

Played a while.

Closed Sims 4 and Origin

Continued playing my Sims 3 game without updating Sims 3 to 1.69

Then I closed Sims 3 and launched it again. I am currently playing Sims 3.

I'll continue carrying on as before the patch was released. Hopefully it won't be offered again.

I am too chicken to even let Origin open on my puter right now. You are very brave to try it. :) Thanks for all your help in monitoring these posts and assisting other simmers. Big internet hugs and high fives to you and the other helpers.