Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• Options
    Heatherb596Heatherb596 Posts: 94 Member
    Not sure if anything has been sorted yet but I have annoyingly just reinstalled all of my Sims 3 after deciding to play them again cos of problems I'm facing with Sims 4. It auto updated to 1.69 and now it won't let me install any of my paid for Store items including worlds.

Any ideas? I couldn't see a solution over the past few pages.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2016
    Rapunzel wrote: »
    Is there a way to bypass opening origin? I installed the games freshly and they installed that fuc* with it without even asking me. I'm definitly not amused. Hoped they stayed away from Sims3 now that they have sent Sims4 to the Northpol... (yeah, I don't like Sims4 and don't own it anymore - it's too expensive for that little snippets it offers)

At least I want to play it offline...

You can only go back to the 1.67 patch if you have the old base game issued before 2012 on disc. If you have this original disc that did not require origin prior to the 1.69 patch follow below

Go into origin at desktop and make sure you have the sims 3 not to update checked off

Move your sims 3 folder from documents to desktop . Uninstall the base game, Use ccleaner to clean your computer registry, reinstall the base game and manually patch to 1.67. You can then remove the new sims3 folder in documents and replace it with the sims 3 folder you put to desktop

ccleaner free http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

how to use ccleaner to clean your computer registry http://www.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner

link to the1.67 patch http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulative-manual-update#latest
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • Options
    SharonjSharonj Posts: 5,246 Member
    My Sims 3 game updated and now I can't play it. Since the update, instead of getting the loading screen. I just get a black screen, and nothing happens. Someone please help me, I'm really starting to not like EA/Origin.
  • Options
    Sharonj wrote: »
    My Sims 3 game updated and now I can't play it. Since the update, instead of getting the loading screen. I just get a black screen, and nothing happens. Someone please help me, I'm really starting to not like EA/Origin.

are you on windows 10 ? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/868249/windows-10-users-update-kb3132372-incompatibility-with-launcher#latest
  • Options

are you on windows 10 ? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/868249/windows-10-users-update-kb3132372-incompatibility-with-launcher#latest

I have Windows 8.1.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I have Windows 8.1.

with the 1.69 patch you have to open the launcher and check off each ep you want to play every time you start your game. Instructions I posted above in this thread how to get back to the 1.67 patch
  • Options
    with the 1.69 patch you ave to open the launcher and check off each ep you want to play every time you stat your game

I know, my launcher is working fine. I have played the game since the update, but now when I click play from my launcher....I get a black screen. My mouse shows as a little circle as if it's loading something, but nothing ever loads.
  • Options
    with the 1.69 patch you ave to open the launcher and check off each ep you want to play every time you stat your game

I know, my launcher is working fine. I have played the game since the update, but now when I click play from my launcher....I get a black screen. My mouse shows as a little circle as if it's loading something, but nothing ever loads.

do you use cc or mods? In documents under the sims 3 check your saves folder to see if you have an bad saves and delete those.
  • Options
    I don't use mods or cc. How do I know if I have bad saves?
  • Options

They will have "bad" written on the end of them.

Try staring a new game and see if the game will start

how long have you been playing the game on our current computer?
  • Options

I didn't see any like that, and going on two years.
  • Options

I didn't see any like that, and going on two years.

Did you try starting a new game? Its still possible you have a corrupt save

You can also try resetting your game if you are unable to start a new game http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html
  • Options

You can also try resetting your game if you are unable to start a new game http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

I did try to start a new game and it did the same thing. I'll try crinrict website later on. Thank you for trying to help me.
  • Options

I did try to start a new game and it did the same thing. I'll try crinrict website later on. Thank you for trying to help me.

Your welcome. If you need more help post back.You may need someone else to help you because I am not on the 1.69 patch
  • Options
    Your welcome. If you need more help post back.You may need someone else to help you because I am not on the 1.69 patch

I am having this problem, but I have windows 8.1.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867344/black-screen-after-pressing-the-play-button-in-the-launcher/p1
  • Options

I am having this problem, but I have windows 8.1.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867344/black-screen-after-pressing-the-play-button-in-the-launcher/p1

The person in that thread does not have a computer that meets the requirements to play the game.

I would try crinric's link of resetting game first.If that does not work Could you run a dxdiag report for us and paste the results here so we can get a sense of what kind of hardware you are running on? It will have to be multiple posts as those are too long to fit into one response.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Sharonj windows 10 has a flawed update that is causing launcher issues for this game. Wonder if this update hit 8.1 too? Im on 8.1 and will test my game later. I cant get to it right now.

Update : my game still works with windows 8 update on patch 1.67
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • Options
    CreosoteCreosote Posts: 17 Member
    I love how the gurus have been radio silent. Yea, this is yours and EA's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up and won't even try to fix it. How about you all pull the patch so we can have our games back and get our mods and Create a world to work? Not everyone wants to play 4. I'm half tempted to go back to 2 with all my non origin/EA disks
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Well, Sims 3 is now screwed. Yesterday it worked and now, after visiting Origin last night, I can no longer play.

First, TS3 has been abandoned so who cares about a Pack Manager?

Second, most TS3 creators have left the game so who is going to update all of our mods to the new patch, 1.69? Did you think of that before you did this ridiculous thing?

Third, I open my game via the TW3EP11.exe app-bypassing both Origin and the Launcher. Seems that is no longer the case.

Fourth, who cares about the 2nd and 3rd point when EA has rendered the game unusable. You broke the game more than a YEAR after dropping it and most of the Sims community has moved on to TS4. Is that the game plan? Force people out of TS3 and the hundreds of dollars spent so you can make them buy TS4? Well, I won't and I can't. My computer has the ability to run the TS3 game but not TS4 and I'm quite happy with TS3.

Of everything that EA has done over the 15 or so years of The Sims, this one pretty much tops them all. To "update" a game after more than a year is questionable, unnecessary, irresponsible and downright sneaky.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    Second, most TS3 creators have left the game so who is going to update all of our mods to the new patch, 1.69? Did you think of that before you did this ridiculous thing?
    Just in case you were not aware, if it was EA's plan to mess with mods then they didn't do it right. Only core mods need to be updated in light of the 1.69 patches, either version, and there's only around six of them in common usage. Those that are not being updated will trigger a core version mismatch error on startup, but will still work as before.

The thousands of mods of other types that were intended for or compatible with 1.67 will work the same way on 1.69 since the new patch(es) do not in any way affect gameplay. Provided, of course, you can get your game running again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    Well, Sims 3 is now screwed. Yesterday it worked and now, after visiting Origin last night, I can no longer play.

First, TS3 has been abandoned so who cares about a Pack Manager?

Third, I open my game via the TW3EP11.exe app-bypassing both Origin and the Launcher. Seems that is no longer the case.

Fourth, who cares about the 2nd and 3rd point when EA has rendered the game unusable. You broke the game more than a YEAR after dropping it and most of the Sims community has moved on to TS4. Is that the game plan? Force people out of TS3 and the hundreds of dollars spent so you can make them buy TS4? Well, I won't and I can't. My computer has the ability to run the TS3 game but not TS4 and I'm quite happy with TS3.

Of everything that EA has done over the 15 or so years of The Sims, this one pretty much tops them all. To "update" a game after more than a year is questionable, unnecessary, irresponsible and downright sneaky.

I'm pretty sure that their intention never was to do any harm to mods. No, the real reason is that they want to force everybody to use Origin and the Launcher. And the new Pack Manager is just an excuse, or rather a bait to lure people to update, thinking that, "Oh, nice, a new useful feature added to the game, how kind of them now that it's been almost two years since the last patch were released."
  • Options
    trishyjacktrishyjack Posts: 49 Member
    @ Pheobebebe13
    Thank you so much. EA really had me so frustrated that several times I contemplated throwing my notebook across the room when I couldn't play my game (only contemplated ;) ). luckily I did buy the sims 3 base game in 2011 on amazon. so I downloaded that baby from my library and did what you said. so once again THANK YOU :# . I'm just happy to get my notebook acting up less than when EA hijacked my laptop and installed that stupid update. afterall isn't an update suppose to make something work better or be better?!.....not broken, cause that's what my game became with it.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @trishyjack your welcome and glad you got your game working. This update is plum
  • Options
    Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 82 Member
    Evening all.

If I have been playing without certain packs, then I want to add a pack (Into The Future), because it's a later pack, will it still adversely affect my game? I am assuming that because nothing in my existing game is using anything from ITF, it shouldn't upset the game, just add anything that came with ITF??
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Flcty1969 wrote: »
    Evening all.

If I have been playing without certain packs, then I want to add a pack (Into The Future), because it's a later pack, will it still adversely affect my game? I am assuming that because nothing in my existing game is using anything from ITF, it shouldn't upset the game, just add anything that came with ITF??
    It certainly shouldn't upset things. I've been playing the same ongoing game for over four years now. Started with base game and maybe one or two EPs and added each of the others in one at a time over the years. My ongoing game is still fine, just got more stuff to work with after each addition.

However, if you are on Patch 1.67 and you are going to install ITF from Origin for Windows in particular, you will from all accounts have no choice but to now end up with Patch 1.69.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net