Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @Creosote You can no longer download any Sims 3 EP or SP from Origin without updating, and the uninstall base game and reinstall trick does not work anymore. You have to either play without your EPs, buy them on disc, or accept the patch. I know it's not fair, so sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • CreosoteCreosote Posts: 17 Member
    @ZeeGee looks like I'm rebuying my expansions.
  • pokeapenguin15pokeapenguin15 Posts: 1 New Member
    @SimGuruDrake,

I have a question...

Why is it now being recommended that we NOT play with all of the packs that we have purchased, installed and use, in our game? Can you please explain this little bit further, please? I have an AMAZING game experience. There are only a few SP's I haven't got, though I do intend to have them and play them. All. Simultaneously. Please elaborate.

I understand they want the game to run smoother but I bought these packs to be able to use them and I usually a little bit of each of most packs I have. Also I could possibly due with out a few, but it won't let me select more then like 2-3. I don't want to plan with just 2-3. Please change update, i'm not liking it....

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @pokeapenguin15 - You are supposed to be able to dismiss the suggestion and play with as many EP/SPs as you want. There is also supposed to be a "Stop showing me this" option offered.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Creosote wrote: »
    Okay, Island Paradise is on disk, and I have an original sims 3 (era 2009) is there a way for me to download the patch, and my expansions then uninstall the base game , reinstall to get back to 1.6.7 and then play off of my island paradise disk?

I haven't been able to get into the EA help chat for MONTHS it never works. I'm locked out of my games because I REFUSE to get this plum patch.

it's not a patch, a patch FIXES things this breaks them beyond play-ability.

You have to play the game all disc and the base game must be the original disc that does not require origin to use the 1.67 patch. If you have any downloads in the mix through origin you will be forced to patch 1.69
  • 7220772207 Posts: 3 New Member
    Are there problems with the patches? I'm having trouble with my game, and I wonder if clicking update on origin will help or if it will make things worse.
    I already posted my problem in another section, but it's that when I click download on content I bought in the Sims 3 store, my launcher pops up a new login box that it's never had before, and it doesn't let me actually log in, so nothing I buy will download.
    Do the patches you mention have anything to do with this?
  • clouddefilerclouddefiler Posts: 4 New Member
    I also can not login through the launcher but can at origin and on this sims 3 site. What is going on? My game is not running correctly and even though I purchased and own barnacle bay, it is not showing in my packs.
  • bawo55bawo55 Posts: 2 New Member
    i can't play my sims3 anymore...i bought it from origin and its really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up. always showing me "game is incompatible" or "game detected some issues stuffs like that..i worked perfectly fine on my windows 7 but will not work on windows 8.1 why???? and why can't i play with all my expansion packs like before.
  • bawo55bawo55 Posts: 2 New Member
    bawo55 wrote: »
    i can't play my sims3 anymore...i bought it from origin and its really plum up. always showing me "game is incompatible" or "game detected some issues stuffs like that..it worked perfectly fine on my windows 7 but will not work on windows 8.1 why???? and why can't i play with all my expansion packs like before.

edited June 2016
    I also can not login through the launcher but can at origin and on this sims 3 site. What is going on? My game is not running correctly and even though I purchased and own barnacle bay, it is not showing in my packs.

Try deleting Internet Explorer's cache and cookies. Even if you never use IE as a browser, the Launcher does. With all of the TS3 site related issues over the past couple of weeks, some players have found that doing this now allows Launcher logins to work for them again.

bawo55 wrote: »
    i can't play my sims3 anymore...i bought it from origin and its really plum up. always showing me "game is incompatible" or "game detected some issues stuffs like that..i worked perfectly fine on my windows 7 but will not work on windows 8.1 why???? and why can't i play with all my expansion packs like before.

TS3 should work fine on Windows 8.1 when run on suitable hardware and there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. It might help if we knew exactly what the error messages were saying. It's possible that your graphics card drivers need to be updated, but it's difficult to tell without more information. If you could, please open up a new thread on the TS3 Tech Issues board, run, and post a dxdiag report so we can see what's going on. You would have to save it as text then copy/paste by section into several posts in the same thread as it would be way too long to fit into one.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

If as a New Member on the forum you are unable to post a new thread, please say so here and one of us will start one for you that you can add onto.

And I don't know what is preventing you from playing with all of your expansion packs. If you are referring to the suggestion that pops up that you limit to some of them, that is just a suggestion and for most players does not need to be followed. There should be a "Stop showing me this" option when that message appears.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • hawehawe Posts: 83 Member
    My game will not load anymore I've tried the reinstall and everything, it only goes to the black screen with a loading symbol, I've read where people upgraded to windows 10 and it worked. But what does Windows 10 have to do with the sims? Anyways can someone please help! I really want to play as I'm on a long vacation. My game is running the 1.69 patch.
    hawe wrote: »
    My game will not load anymore I've tried the reinstall and everything, it only goes to the black screen with a loading symbol, I've read where people upgraded to windows 10 and it worked. But what does Windows 10 have to do with the sims? Anyways can someone please help! I really want to play as I'm on a long vacation. My game is running the 1.69 patch.

Some players' systems cannot handle Win 10 properly, others take to it right away, and some find that things will work but they need some help such as graphics card driver updates or rollbacks. The operating system has everything to do with programs running on it and whether they will run successfully or not.

But the first thing to try is not another reinstall, but pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to spawn a new game folder on the next attempted launch. You won't have any downloaded content, worlds, sims, mods, or saves this way, but they will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. Can you get a new game started and saved in a usually safe to play world such as Sunset Valley or Twinbrook on the fresh game folder?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »

Some players' systems cannot handle Win 10 properly, others take to it right away, and some find that things will work but they need some help such as graphics card driver updates or rollbacks. The operating system has everything to do with programs running on it and whether they will run successfully or not.

But the first thing to try is not another reinstall, but pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to spawn a new game folder on the next attempted launch. You won't have any downloaded content, worlds, sims, mods, or saves this way, but they will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. Can you get a new game started and saved in a usually safe to play world such as Sunset Valley or Twinbrook on the fresh game folder?

Thank you for your reply,
    I just tried what you said, and unfortunately it still doesn't work. :(
    @hawe - Sorry that didn't help. I suggest that you open a thread on this board as we are already in Tech Discussions, run, and post a copy of your dxdiag report. It will take copy/pastes by sections into several posts as it will be far too long to fit into one. Also please mention how many EPs and which ones you have in play.

If you cannot open a thread as a New Member, just say so and one of us will do it for you to add onto.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @hawe - Sorry that didn't help. I suggest that you open a thread on this board as we are already in Tech Discussions, run, and post a copy of your dxdiag report. It will take copy/pastes by sections into several posts as it will be far too long to fit into one. Also please mention how many EPs and which ones you have in play.

If you cannot open a thread as a New Member, just say so and one of us will do it for you to add onto.

Okay, thanks for your help, and where can I find the dxdiag report?

The link that I provided above explains, with illustrations, how to run and save one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

The link that I provided above explains, with illustrations, how to run and save one.

I think this may be a hardware issue because my computer say unable to retrieve results when I try to get the dxdiag report, I also tried to update to windows 10, but that made things worse, now it says Device 0 cannot run this title, now I'm stumped lol.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I think this may be a hardware issue because my computer say unable to retrieve results when I try to get the dxdiag report, I also tried to update to windows 10, but that made things worse, now it says Device 0 cannot run this title, now I'm stumped lol.

@chesterbigbird windows 10 help please
  • TraxumTraxum Posts: 60 New Member

Try deleting Internet Explorer's cache and cookies. Even if you never use IE as a browser, the Launcher does. With all of the TS3 site related issues over the past couple of weeks, some players have found that doing this now allows Launcher logins to work for them again.

Thank You!! That issue just started for me the other day, I never use IE, I use Chrome, but deleting the IE cookies worked.
    edited June 2016
    Update! I fixed it, it had something to do with my Sims3packs, and I made my disabled full screen, i'm also pretty sure I'm running in compatibility mode, but all I did was convert them to packages installed in the mods folder, but a subfolder incase it went wrong and the game started up in like 3 minutes, thanks for the help Igazor.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Update! I fixed it, it had something to do with my Sims3packs, and I made my disabled full screen, i'm also pretty sure I'm running in compatibility mode, but all I did was convert them to packages installed in the mods folder, but a subfolder incase it went wrong and the game started up in like 3 minutes, thanks for the help Igazor.

I was going to respond here.. but seems like you fixed it :) have fun.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• starbombstarbomb Posts: 1 New Member
    I need some help with my Sims 3. It was like 2 months since I played it and I launched the game today and saw that I couldn't access my household because it said that my household was on another expansion pack. But Origin says that I have all my expansion packs installed. The expansion packs aren't working either. When I launch one of my expansion packs, it just takes me to the regular Sims 3. I reaally want my expansion packs to work and my household back, please help?
    edited July 2016
    starbomb wrote: »
    I need some help with my Sims 3. It was like 2 months since I played it and I launched the game today and saw that I couldn't access my household because it said that my household was on another expansion pack. But Origin says that I have all my expansion packs installed. The expansion packs aren't working either. When I launch one of my expansion packs, it just takes me to the regular Sims 3. I reaally want my expansion packs to work and my household back, please help?

It sounds like you are now on Patch 1.69, released by way of Origin last November and again twice this past January. The new 1.69 Launcher comes with an EP/SP Chooser tab (on the left side). Players must now make sure all of the EP/SPs they expect to have in play are selected (checked off) on every launch. Saved games that have "seen" certain EPs cannot be launched without them, others will load but crash or become corrupted if certain EPs are missing from that session. The new Launcher is not doing a good job of remembering players' selections in between game sessions, so it does need to be checked every time on startup.

It doesn't matter which EP you choose to startup the game from Origin. You only have one TS3 game, all of the "play" buttons on the EPs in Origin will do exactly the same thing. It's the Launcher that now dictates which ones will be in play. Most of us probably still want all of the EPs we own to be in play together for all of the games we run.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EisFabEisFab Posts: 7 New Member
    yea well all this is now fr screwed. So now in September origin updated itself and with that the game too. So I was going to install my latest downloads and play. They wouldn't install,it would just load for a lil bit than crash. After a few more attempts I just gave up an deleted my cc. I started the game but in the beginning of the loading bar it crashes. It happened every single time. So I decided to go search the internet. Many other users had been having the exact same problem.So we tried to bypass the launcher. Obvi for some it worked and for some not. I just got it after waiting for 3 years and now what?! I seriously am hatin origin rn. I got it from America after manyyyyy troubles and was havin so much fun but I guess imma have to go to ts2 cuz to get the sims 4 imma have to wait a few more. And im not the biggest fan of ts4.Great
    EisFab wrote: »
    yea well all this is now fr screwed. So now in September origin updated itself and with that the game too. So I was going to install my latest downloads and play. They wouldn't install,it would just load for a lil bit than crash. After a few more attempts I just gave up an deleted my cc. I started the game but in the beginning of the loading bar it crashes. It happened every single time. So I decided to go search the internet. Many other users had been having the exact same problem.So we tried to bypass the launcher. Obvi for some it worked and for some not. I just got it after waiting for 3 years and now what?! I seriously am hatin origin rn. I got it from America after manyyyyy troubles and was havin so much fun but I guess imma have to go to ts2 cuz to get the sims 4 imma have to wait a few more. And im not the biggest fan of ts4.Great

Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping. A new one will spawn on the next attempted launch. Can you get a new game started on the clean game folder?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!