Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I deleted all me ch files and in was able to download my worlds
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, I lied, I'm back...and I still want Uni. :) Thanks @mothersuperior2 for being persistent in hunting down a solution and notifying me there was one! :*

I followed the current directions and uninstalled base game, reinstalled with my disc (had mega problems with the fullbuildset1.package problem, which I finally found a solution for on crinrict's blog (thank you)), applied the super patch, and everything is working again except store content. My store content will not load. And trying to install from my store content backup doesn't work either. I downloaded from the store and installed something and that worked so I will need to redownload all my store content.

Prior to this update I had two base games in my Origin folder, the original Origin download and the pre-2012 disc version I bought later so I could boot without launcher. Now the disc version does not show in my games. When I first got my disc I noticed there were subtle changes in the game, library was a little different, the words in the notifications were a little different, which is why I was able to tell that my game is back to being like the original Origin download game. My store content is the disc version so maybe that is why it's not working. On opening the launcher after new installation there was a launcher update that I freaked out and cancelled cause it was from Origin, then allowed to update because I could always do this over again. This did not install new update, I'm still on 1.67. But maybe that's what changed everything back to the Origin download version?

Don't know, but I wanted to put this out there for anyone who is having the same problem. And also for all you disc users who may have to reinstall some day. You may need to somehow back up the Origin download version of the store content if that's possible.

ETA: @Karritz I hear you're the one I need to thank for the roll back solution, so thank you, thank you and thank you!
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    ShadowSwan355ShadowSwan355 Posts: 71 Member
    OK. I'm having some trouble and I have no idea if it's due to the new patch or not. I got the new patch because I received my new laptop yesterday and I installed the game from my discs yesterday as well. The game runs very well but anytime I try to get my sims to woohoo the games stops working, I get an error message from the computer (not the game) that forces me to close it. I tried adding the game to the Nvidia control panel and switching vsync to "on". It still crashes. I tried it on fullscreen. Still crashes. What's going on?
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    edited November 2015
    Karritz wrote: »
    @pheobebebe13

Today I had my Sims 3 game open

I backed up my Sims 3 folder

I disconnected from the internet.

I launched Origin.

Then I launched Sims 4. I was able to play.

Then I launched Bejewelled and was able to play.

Then I cancelled the option to patch my Sims 3 to patch 1. 69.

Then I closed out of the games and Origin.

Next I reconnected to the internet

Launched Origin

Patched Origin

Patched Sims 4

Launched Sims 4

Played a while.

Closed Sims 4 and Origin

Continued playing my Sims 3 game without updating Sims 3 to 1.69

Then I closed Sims 3 and launched it again. I am currently playing Sims 3.

I'll continue carrying on as before the patch was released. Hopefully it won't be offered again.

I played both 3 and 4 yesterday, had Origin open and had no more offers to patch or attempts at it trying to patch. From now on I'll manually patch 4 when I see new patch notes for it.
    I think we've got this covered now.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    OK. I'm having some trouble and I have no idea if it's due to the new patch or not. I got the new patch because I received my new laptop yesterday and I installed the game from my discs yesterday as well. The game runs very well but anytime I try to get my sims to woohoo the games stops working, I get an error message from the computer (not the game) that forces me to close it. I tried adding the game to the Nvidia control panel and switching vsync to "on". It still crashes. I tried it on fullscreen. Still crashes. What's going on?

IF you start a thread of your own someone who is an expert on computers may be able to help you.

They might find you in here but you may be waiting for a long time.

I think there is a problem with FPS limiters if you have the new patch installed but I am not an expert on those things.

Also if you have a laptop and you are using Windows 10 it may not be compatible. Display Drivers are an issue. Apparently computers that were previously compatible are no longer compatible after the last few updates to Windows 10 and Microsoft are happy to assist people to get back to Windows 7.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @pheobebebe13

Today I had my Sims 3 game open

I backed up my Sims 3 folder

I disconnected from the internet.

I launched Origin.

Then I launched Sims 4. I was able to play.

Then I launched Bejewelled and was able to play.

Then I cancelled the option to patch my Sims 3 to patch 1. 69.

Then I closed out of the games and Origin.

Next I reconnected to the internet

Launched Origin

Patched Origin

Patched Sims 4

Launched Sims 4

Played a while.

Closed Sims 4 and Origin

Continued playing my Sims 3 game without updating Sims 3 to 1.69

Then I closed Sims 3 and launched it again. I am currently playing Sims 3.

I'll continue carrying on as before the patch was released. Hopefully it won't be offered again.

Glad there is a a way to avoid it. I dont enjoy playing the sims 4 so I just uninstalled it
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @ZeeGee glad to be of help, but as you know, I cannot take the credit. I just copied and pasted the solution provided by @Karritz.

Hope you can get your Store stuff back ZeeGee, without too much trouble.
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    @ZeeGee glad to be of help, but as you know, I cannot take the credit. I just copied and pasted the solution provided by @Karritz.

Hope you can get your Store stuff back ZeeGee, without too much trouble.

Thank you, @Karritz.

*facepalm* Mea culpa. I pulled my EA folder out of documents and started a new game, transferred my saves, mods and my backed up dccache files. Everything is working now. I know better than to post a problem without trying this. Just got caught up in the update panic. I still can't access my downloads through the downloads dashboard but I can live with that. @mothersuperior2
  • Options
    Parme69Parme69 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi guys !

I bought Sims 3 with a digital key and would like to know if the CAW is available or not ... I try to start a world but when I launch it, I have a memory error message.

Could it be because of the update 1.69.36 ?

Thx for help !
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Parme69 wrote: »
    Hi guys !

I bought Sims 3 with a digital key and would like to know if the CAW is available or not ... I try to start a world but when I launch it, I have a memory error message.

Could it be because of the update 1.69.36 ?

Thx for help !

CAW at the moment does not work on patch 1.69. EA is working on a fix .Where did you buy the game from? There are a lot of people who sell illegal copies of the game which would also cause issues.
  • Options
    Hi and thx for replies !

I bought it like always on Kinguin, so I think it's safe !

Yes I know that CAW doesn't work atm, but i would like to know if it's the type of error I have because of the 1.69.36 or if it's because of the digital game installed on origin !

So if someone have the same problem as me, tell me please !
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I still have trouble with downloading in installing to my game from sims3 community store .Sometimes it works sometimes it will not .
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited November 2015
    From my reading I thought the problem with 1.69 and CAW was when trying to go to EIG (Edit In Game) bringing up Origin instead of going into the game because with the 1.69 update it's no longer possible to launch with the TS3W.exe. Did I miss something with that? If I didn't miss anything, @Parme69 do you have your CAW executable set to be Large Address Aware? I have to set mine up to recognize as much RAM as possible (which with LAA is 4 gigs), otherwise it just constantly craps out on me.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Thx BSIRegina ! So I realise that I don't have the same problem ... I can't even launch the CAW because when I launch it, I have an error message "attempt to read or write outside of disk" ...

Do you think that with LAA it can work ? I checked on google but didn't find anything about it ... I'm desespered now lol

I will try to install it on my laptop, wait and see ... But actually I'm unpatient to use it !! ^^
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Parme69 - It can if you are running a 64-bit operating system, provided that the error you are getting is not actually one attributable to the new patch. On 32-bit, there are other steps you have to take or else the app will run away with too much RAM.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556

Note this is for CAW only. TS3 itself has been LAA with no user intervention needed since Patch 1.18.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited December 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    @Parme69 - It can if you are running a 64-bit operating system, provided that the error you are getting is not actually one attributable to the new patch. On 32-bit, there are other steps you have to take or else the app will run away with too much RAM.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556

Note this is for CAW only. TS3 itself has been LAA with no user intervention needed since Patch 1.18.

Everyone says that it's not needed since that patch but I still know people who had constant crashes with their game until they applied it and the crashes stopped. It could be something hardware specific, though. Goodness knows I'm not a computer expert.

@Parma69 like igazor said if you're using a 64-bit computer with at least four gigs of RAM you could at least try it. When CAW first released I had no trouble running it off the base game on my old computer. By now there would be no way I could do that because it's way too much for my PC to handle.

As it stands my computer can't even handle running it on the "play" instance of my game that has all my store content and some CC. Instead I have a build/test instance with only essential mods I need for testing (error trap, etc.) and some of the store freebies installed. It might be worth creating another instance of your game and running it without any mods too. To do that you just rename the regular game file in My Documents to something else then start up the launcher. Once I get that done I copy a fresh Mods folder in and put whatever I'll be needing for that.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    shadowmel333shadowmel333 Posts: 83 Member
    edited December 2015
    I would like to say that I am EXTREMELY displeased with this update. I don't wat to be FORCED to use Origin to play SIms 3 when I have my DISC inserted. How is that hard to understand, EA? I want freedom! Sims 4 gives none, so at least I could rely on Sims 3, but now you destroy this too? I can't say how angry I am.

I do.not.want.Origin! I paid for my games, and I should not be forced to use some malware that I highly dislike to play it! I am now uninstalling EVERY EA game on my computer, and I will NOT be back.
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    edited December 2015
    I turned off automatic updates and went into my Sims 4 but it would not allow me to do anything like download or update Sims 4 without updating Sims 3 so I am confused. How do I get anything for Sims 4 if its not allowing me to unless I update 3? It says I have a critical update > @crinrict said:
    > It will influence Sims 4 in that respect that you will also need to trigger the update yourself.
    >
    > It's recommended anyways so you won't have a problem. If you don't want the update, make sure automatic updates are turned off. You'll get the option to update Sims 4 through Origin by just clicking on a link.
  • Options
    JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    > @February11 said:
    > Karritz wrote: »
    >
    > @pheobebebe13
    >
    > Today I had my Sims 3 game open
    >
    > I backed up my Sims 3 folder
    >
    > I disconnected from the internet.
    >
    > I launched Origin.
    >
    > Then I launched Sims 4. I was able to play.
    >
    > Then I launched Bejewelled and was able to play.
    >
    > Then I cancelled the option to patch my Sims 3 to patch 1. 69.
    >
    > Then I closed out of the games and Origin.
    >
    > Next I reconnected to the internet
    >
    > Launched Origin
    >
    > Patched Origin
    >
    > Patched Sims 4
    >
    > Launched Sims 4
    >
    > Played a while.
    >
    > Closed Sims 4 and Origin
    >
    > Continued playing my Sims 3 game without updating Sims 3 to 1.69
    >
    > Then I closed Sims 3 and launched it again. I am currently playing Sims 3.
    >
    > I'll continue carrying on as before the patch was released. Hopefully it won't be offered again.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I played both 3 and 4 yesterday, had Origin open and had no more offers to patch or attempts at it trying to patch. From now on I'll manually patch 4 when I see new patch notes for it.
    > I think we've got this covered now.

My problem is I have unclicked all automatic updates I opened my Sims 4 but could not connect to internet to update because it continues to say I need a critical patch which includes updating my Sims 3??
  • Options
    Well, I installed LAA and always the same error for CAW ... I can't even launch it haha ... And I tried to install sims 3 base game only on my laptop (another computer I use) then the CAW and I have the same error ... I don't know why but I can't launch it anymore .. T.T

I will try at home to install my sims with CD and not download from Origin but ... AAAAARG
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    edited December 2015
    I turned off automatic updates and went into my Sims 4 but it would not allow me to do anything like download or update Sims 4 without updating Sims 3 so I am confused. How do I get anything for Sims 4 if its not allowing me to unless I update 3? It says I have a critical update > @crinrict said:
    > It will influence Sims 4 in that respect that you will also need to trigger the update yourself.
    >
    > It's recommended anyways so you won't have a problem. If you don't want the update, make sure automatic updates are turned off. You'll get the option to update Sims 4 through Origin by just clicking on a link.

I haven't encountered that problem yet. Only thing I would do if it wants to do that, allow it to start updating TS3 but then cancel it as soon as it starts.
    Mine tried updating a couple of times and I did that before I unchecked everything. I've not tried updating TS4 since then, but will have to before Get Together comes out. Thanks for the warning though. Hope this works for you.

I might look into that right now ....

Okay, all went fine for me. I opened Origin and it wanted to update - I let it. I have Origin set to automatically update, but not the other two.
    I clicked on TS4 in my games and I clicked update - It's updating now.
    There is a notice on my TS3 game saying update available, but it doesn't try to update on it's own, so I ignore it.
    Have you set TS3/4 NOT to automatically update in Origin, and turned off automatic update on your TS3 launcher?

EDIT - And now laptop 2 is doing the same thing - and successful.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    RapunzelRapunzel Posts: 130 Member
    edited December 2015
    Is there a way to bypass opening origin? I installed the games freshly and they installed that fuc* with it without even asking me. I'm definitly not amused. Hoped they stayed away from Sims3 now that they have sent Sims4 to the Northpol... (yeah, I don't like Sims4 and don't own it anymore - it's too expensive for that little snippets it offers)

At least I want to play it offline...
  • Options
    Juniper90Juniper90 Posts: 3 New Member
    I downloaded the game new too and now Sims is crashing all the time? It didn't do this before and this new update seems to be the only things that's different. I even have less expansion packs than I used to.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    For the EA folks who might be looking at issues related to the 1.69 patch, an observation.

My system took the 1.69 patch with no problems and most of the issues affecting other players haven't been affecting me. More specifically, the problem of deselected content in the launcher had not been an issue, even with adding an expansion pack to the mix, post-patch. However, I downloaded a player-created world this evening, only to have all of my EPs deselect immediately after installing it through the launcher (I don't have any SPs). My initial thought is that there is something in the launcher which is having some sort of heartburn when custom content installs, uninstalls or changes, but anecdotal evidence only goes to the possibility of an issue and y'all have the hard data, so make of it what you will. Hope it's helpful.
  • Options
    JillChloJillChlo Posts: 6 New Member
    In my case, it has changed everything into French and will not open the Sims 3 file with all my stuff. So now I have a French Sims game with none of my old data. I'm so 🐸🐸🐸🐸