Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

1161718192022...Next

Comments

• EisFabEisFab Posts: 7 New Member
    ok can anyone tell me is there a disk that does not require to install origin so i can re-buy ys3 without origin and how does it look?!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    EisFab wrote: »
    ok can anyone tell me is there a disk that does not require to install origin so i can re-buy ys3 without origin and how does it look?!

You need to find the base game disc issued before 2012 to play without origin. The game must be installed all disc.

The box will look like what is on this wiki page with all the diamonds https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3
    thank u igazor for trying to help. Many people have said that u helped them, and rn im trying superpatcher and thank u phoebebebe13 for giving me an idea of what im looking for
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    thank u igazor for trying to help. Many people have said that u helped them, and rn im trying superpatcher and thank u phoebebebe13 for giving me an idea of what im looking for

If it's not too late, I wouldn't try SuperPatching over a 1.69 installation. All that's going to do is break everything, you cannot downpatch to 1.67 that way.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    well the 1.67 superpatcher downgrade did work and rn im happily installing cc. At least now I know what to do in these cases so a month without sims was worth it after all
  • TimevesselTimevessel Posts: 95 Member
    Excuse my ignorance in not knowing the abbreviations referred to, but what is ITF and what is ITTF? I was just reading these posts, and I don't know what those are.
    Timevessel wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance in not knowing the abbreviations referred to, but what is ITF and what is ITTF? I was just reading these posts, and I don't know what those are.

those both mean: the sims 3 into the future
    edited September 2016
    well the 1.67 superpatcher downgrade did work and rn im happily installing cc. At least now I know what to do in these cases so a month without sims was worth it after all

There are some who might want to know what your secret was to make this work. When most players attempt to SuperPatch 1.67 over a 1.69 install already in place, they seem to find that either their game won't launch or the Launcher shows that it's Version 0.0.0.0, which is not valid and stops working after a while. Or both.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    well I just got superpatcher from nraas, installed it and run it. Simple as that. But keep in mind that this couldn't be the only problem. The same thing that happened to me can happen from master controller (which I have also endured). For that you gonna have to delete master controller and how to run ur game with it idk. And you also gotta clean the cache. You know when the master controller thing happened I thought it was a 1.69 problem too but it wasn't. You can find other mods similar to master controller tho.
    edited September 2016
    well I just got superpatcher from nraas, installed it and run it. Simple as that. But keep in mind that this couldn't be the only problem. The same thing that happened to me can happen from master controller (which I have also endured). For that you gonna have to delete master controller and how to run ur game with it idk. And you also gotta clean the cache. You know when the master controller thing happened I thought it was a 1.69 problem too but it wasn't. You can find other mods similar to master controller tho.

Really sorry, I'd like to be able to help here but I can't keep up with all of this misinformation, though I am sure it is based upon what you are seeing and is not intended. It's also possible you are not recognizing that I am actually from NRaas.

NRaas doesn't offer a SuperPatcher. We link to EA's and suggest using it when a player is on 1.67 or below and needs to patch up completely to 1.67. It is not for 1.69 players.

MasterController doesn't have anything to do with Origin or patch version breakage. None of our mods do. If you are happier running without NRaas mods and have found a viable substitute then so be it, be we do offer support on our wiki for those who are having issues with our mods and would like to work through them.

For others, I will repeat that EA's SuperPatcher is not meant to be run on a 1.69 install (or for those running a Steam installation). Players on 1.69 are strongly advised not to attempt a downpatch that way. The SuperPatcher will break players' games if applied in the wrong instances. But it very often fixes 1.67 players' games that had not been patched all the way up to 1.67 properly even though it looked they had.

There are a couple of ways to go from 1.69 to 1.67, but they involve uninstalling everything and switching to an all disc (no Origin) install or repurchasing everything on Steam and going that route.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I have actually noticed that you are from nraas, and imma use those mods, but the fact that there will be problems for some users is undeniable. But as for the link you gave there yea I heard it a million times while tryna fix my game but fact is that I am a 1.69 user (with a disk that requires installing origin) and was able to downgrade to 1.67, so imma consider myself lucky. And yea I'm tryna get used to mods cuz rn I have only 1 mod from nraas (including master controller when I put it on my game and delete the stuff needed to run it), and still have many stuff to learn. But some users will probably be lost like I was when I got ts3 and started getting used to cc, mods, packages, sims3packs,unzipping, cheats etc. As for where I got the super patcher, I think there's a article in nraas with three links depending on your software. And yea I still need help with stuff, cuz even tho the worst problem is fixed I still have many older problems which I cannot find the solution of. I was only able to dig so deep into stuff to fix my game cuz I've dealed with pcs for years. And I'm sorry for the mismatched information but those things happened to me. It was cuz I didn't remove all the stuff for master controller to run and I decided to delete it till I learn how to use it, and that was causing my game to crash(and this was a long time ago). the thing I said on my first post, it's better for those users to delete master controller entirely then download it again keeping the master controller page open while putting it in their games, and master controller is a lil bit more complicated than the other mods in your page. The reason why I'm saying this is because those whose launcher is in 1.69, and have the newest version of master controller and all its files and have put it on their game incorrectly will not be able to run their game nor install stuff. It literally crashes within 5 seconds in the game. I even thought that I had gotten bad cc and I decided to first try if my game runs without mods and cc. It did. Next I tried only cc and it again worked. then I added mods and packages and it crashed again. So now that I had a start I knew that a mod was causing all my problems. I went through my mods and saw master controller. Since it's more of a advanced mod I got it off there and in my desktop and then again run the game. It worked. You see, this post is for helping people and many are having this problem. The unproper way of putting master controller in your game could be the problem. Deleting the game might solve the problem(ofc not before putting your mods,downloads, and sims folders in a backup folder). Not cleaning your cache might be the problem. Everything. I ofc now am gonna use master controller cuz imma be careful not to make mistakes this time round, but if you are not being able to work with those mods, you will have to find similar mods or not use mods till u know more about them. This is all I have to say. If people do still have problems imma redo what I did and put it on youtube. This is it for now. Have a nice day/night.

• LexCee86LexCee86 Posts: 79 New Member
    Ok so what is going on. I haven't played in a long time and got the urge. when i click it tells me i have to run orgin to play, orgin needs an update. when i try and update, nothing installs. so what do i do now?
    LexCee86 wrote: »
    Ok so what is going on. I haven't played in a long time and got the urge. when i click it tells me i have to run orgin to play, orgin needs an update. when i try and update, nothing installs. so what do i do now?

The game now requires origin to play. If origin won't update, uninstall and reinstall origin. You will then be forced to the new 1.69 patch. You will now have to check off each ep you want to play every time you play in the launcher.
  • LucyrosebLucyroseb Posts: 18 New Member
    how do you post a discussion topic on here? I've got a few issues with my game and can't see an option to post.
    Lucyroseb wrote: »
    how do you post a discussion topic on here? I've got a few issues with my game and can't see an option to post.

You cant start threads until you are a forum member. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1

I started a thread for you http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/907302/for-user-lucyroseb/p1?new=1