Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    The TS3 site and store's Verisign certificate expired on Nov 14. The warnings are telling you pages that should be secure (https) and thus are supposed to encrypt credit card and other personal information as they have the https prefix and not regular http are now not functioning that way.

Just means that EA has to fix this by renewing their security certificate, and presumably will on Monday.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Ah poo I forgot it could've been that
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2015
    @crinrict Sorry if I am making a fuss about nothing, and have overlooked something I should have done, but are you aware of anyone else having this problem?

Could you post a screenshot of the message ? Do you have a security question set up and security login on Origin ?

NVM.

See igazor's message above.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Hmm, I'll not be visiting my page or logging in there until it is secure.

On the issue with the store updates not installing... I rename my sims 3 folder and launch the game creating a new one. Then I move a bin family to a lot and save. I quit. Then I go to launch the game through the launcher. It should then ask if you want to install the store updates. Make sure it's the store updates and not the game update! Installing in a brand new folder should ensure that it completely installs rather than tells you it installed in a second when it really didn't.

When you get the message that it installed, close the launcher. Copy the contentpatch folder from this new sims 3 folder to the old one. Rename this new Sims 3 folder (if you like) to add Clean or Empty on the end. Rename your old Sims 3 folder back to the sims 3.
  • Options
    Is this for the updated version or not updated (the store updates not installing) ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Is this for the updated version or not updated (the store updates not installing) ?

Before this 1.69 update, the store update would often not fully update (though it would give a pop-up message saying that it did about a second after clicking to update). Then it would ask if you wanted to update the store again next time. Using a brand new sims 3 folder keeps the store update from glitching. Copying the folder to the older version works. I don't have the latest update, so I can not confirm if it works the same; but it might fix the problem of not being able to download from the store.
  • Options
    I updated my post to all I've learned so far: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2015/11/expansion-and-stuff-pack-manager.html

If anyone has the pre-Origin download version (was available through Amazon and other retailers that had their own download managers), I'd be interested to hear your experience.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    ciane wrote: »
    Hmm, I'll not be visiting my page or logging in there until it is secure.
    You know, it's not at all unusual for some organizations' Verisign certificates or the equivalent if they are using something else for https to expire. Heck, it happened to me earlier this year with respect to the nonprofit's website that I manage. Never did figure out why we received no warning in advance, usually they spam me with all kinds of unnecessary alarms months before that happens. Total downtime on the secure pages of our site wasn't much, although it did also happen over a weekend. I think we inconvenienced one customer or something.

But this shouldn't be happening with huge operations like EA that are running actual stores.

@SimGuruDrake - Can you give us some indication that this is being looked into, at least?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AmbrosiakAmbrosiak Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims 3 website doesn't allow myself to logon, it is a blank box where the username/emails and password should be. Is this an ongoing issue now that the maintenance for the website has been done. Your help on the matter is most welcome!
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Ambrosiak wrote: »
    The Sims 3 website doesn't allow myself to logon, it is a blank box where the username/emails and password should be. Is this an ongoing issue now that the maintenance for the website has been done. Your help on the matter is most welcome!

The Store security certificate needs to be renewed it's probably your ISP not allowing you to login
    Check this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861330/sims-3-community-not-working#latest
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    OK, I have some updates on my issues. Much like with Crin, The launcher "fixed" itself and now it shows the start page. And the game minimized itself after starting because of my mods. I removed them to test and now the game launches normally. Nothing to do with reshade.

I'd like to add that now that I experimented with the mods, the only mods causing the minimizing are the core mods. I had 2. I didn't see any error message because of them, but I removed them anyway.
    If NRaas ErrorTrap happens to be one of the core mods in question, the new Patch 1.69 version is available here:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Testing

It was one of them. Thanks for letting me know of the update.

• Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Hi! will it looks like I am not alone in this mess .Hope they will fix it soon .
  • Options
    ImberisImberis Posts: 99 Member
    I managed to log in and everything appears to be fine even though yesterday I was having the security certificate error all day. Is it fixed?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @Kelleygirl exactly what I did ... Wonder if anyone is going to tell us what is going on? :'(

Digital certificates expire. This one has expired for the store site. I've seen it before with the store. The reason for the digital certificate is to let you be sure your are on the actual site that you think you are on.

I suspect someone will update their digital certificate for the store site when they get back to work on Monday.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited November 2015
    crinrict wrote: »
    I updated my post to all I've learned so far: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2015/11/expansion-and-stuff-pack-manager.html

If anyone has the pre-Origin download version (was available through Amazon and other retailers that had their own download managers), I'd be interested to hear your experience.

================

I'm having trouble posting a reply to this. Post 1 got deleted. Post 2 vanished as soon as I started typing. Here goes with Post 3 attempt.

Post 4 got deleted too. But I got a copy this time. So this will be edited.

My game is patched to 1.67

I logged into the store early this morning.

Later in the morning I tried to log into my purchase history. I couldn't get in. I assume it was due to the expired certificate.

Store_Security.jpg

Since I was already logged into the store I decided to try clicking a Download button on a set.

The launcher opened.

I got the store content patch message and I said no.

I closed the launcher.

There was some weirdness with Origin account info in a page in my browser. I closed that page.

I clicked the Download button on a set again.

It downloaded successfully.

It didn't install because it was already installed.

I suppose I could start a fresh Sims 3 folder and see if I can install it.

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Jumping in here, as the conversation has jumped around a bit it would be helpful to know what issues are occurring for some of you (minus the Create A World tool which we are already aware of) related to the update.

I'd agree with @crinrict that some of my games are not showing as owned (ie, I own the limited editions, but now it's showing that I don't own the base games). I also agree with her in that Origin running in the background can cause performance issues.

I really wish I didn't have to use the client to run my game as it's just wasting CPU/RAM resources. This was never a requirement for me before and now is. I also cannot uninstall this update.

I agree with you

You can try in origin options to turn origin off in game, see if that helps http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/

Your only other option would be reinstall the game on all disc avoiding any origin downloads of the game if you have the original disc base game that does not require origin. Make a copy of the 1.67 patch and play the game on all disc.

EA wants everyone locked into origin regardless that it causes more game issues :s
  • Options
    XavyXavy Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2015
    Is there a way to opt out of receiving this message every time I want to play the game? I do not wish to update and it's getting kind of annoying.

e8a0be0a-1bc7-48e4-b218-1e54449f2a49_zpsolsyir4e.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I can get into the sims store, but my game like Roaring Heights will download. But they will not show up in the right spot in my launcher . I have windows 10
    Post edited by gmomasue on
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,552 Member
    Xavy wrote: »
    Is there a way to opt out of receiving this message every time I want to play the game? I do not wish to update and it's getting kind of annoying.

e8a0be0a-1bc7-48e4-b218-1e54449f2a49_zpsolsyir4e.png

the only way not to get this message anymore would be to update to the new launcher or keep yourself offline on origin
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    @Xavy said:
    > Is there a way to opt out of receiving this message every time I want to play the game? I do not wish to update and it's getting kind of annoying.

In Origin select Origin>Application Settings
    Then on the GENERAL tab scroll down to UPDATES
    Then enable "Ignore non-mandatory game updates"
  • Options
    They need to make new patch for the sims store . I can download from the store but worlds become objects . And they will not load right they will not show up to play them . I have windows 10 and the new patch .
  • Options
    XavyXavy Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Bazajaytee You're awesome! It worked, thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    > @gmomasue said:
    > They need to make new patch for the sims store . I can download from the store but worlds become objects . And they will not load right they will not show up to play them . I have windows 10 and the new patch .

Just tried it myself and working fine here with the new update.
    The World showed up in Objects like you describe
    Then I download it through the launcher, select it and click INSTALL at the bottom (under status it shows a little icon which if you hover over it, it says "Installed")
    It installs the World and then I pick it from in game

I did it with Aurora Skies, which World are you trying to use?

@Xavy you are very welcome :)
    Post edited by Bazajaytee on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Aurora Skies ,Roaring Heights ,Midnight Hollow ,, ,Sunlit Tides , Lucky Palms , Lunar Lakes , ,Barnacle Bay , Hidden Springs I have the cd for it. Dragon Valley I have the cd for it . Monte Vista I have the cd for it .but even they will not load right .
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    If you go to the Store and select Store>Store Content>Worlds
    Then select one of the Worlds you own, do you see a "DOWNLOAD" button to the right? If so click that and it should ask to load an external application (The Sims 3 launcher) and it'll download you content. You just then need to install it and it should solve your issue.

If not, can you post a screenshot of your Launcher on the DOWNLOADS tab (load launcher then press ALT+PrtScn to grab just the image of your launcher)