The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2021
    @permanentrose

Here is the link to the booster seats and other toddler furniture! https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_kids_20.shtml

And here is the link to the CC dinning chairs you have to use in order for the booster seat to slot and sit on the chair. Make sure you download the link that says * Download Slotted Chair for Chair booster * and not just download. I made that mistake! https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/comfort_diningchair_index.shtml

You only need one chair to make it work, you can pick any you like! :)

I also love the fact toddlers can sit right at the table now too~
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I have to use this pic again but it just amused me, I took out all my mods and such for the patch I think they'll be updated quickly who knows but I saw mccc was plotting in my game and I had to take this pic.
    VbVMPrM.png
    This save is on long so it'll be awhile before they grow up but I saw that Summer and Travis had three kids and I thought they had them but mccc had Don give both of them kids, Travis had a son and Summer had twins. They are barely friends but they are afraid of raising their children alone. So they packed up and moved to Brindleton and maybe love will work out for them since he's with someone else.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I decided to combine my OG Cole's(the founders I'd made pre-basegame release in the CAS demo) with ones I'd had since last year and I personally love them! Ryan and Katie met while in college earning teaching degrees.(I forget what degree the education career falls under)
    During the spring semester of their final year Ryan had taken a necklace he'd given Katie when they first started dating in their second year of college and had their initials engraved into it. This was his way of proposing because Katie told him she wasn't into the whole 'engagement ring thing'.
    FP8DajW.png
    tr6Kaqs.png
    39W7Bgr.png
    ib3k75V.png
    wpxy2cf.png
    VgTqIF1.png
    (Pic2: the base game necklace was edited by @CameronLineage I love it and I know the Cole descendants will too)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,966 Member
    Thanks to the patch I'm on a holding pattern, for now. I tried to make a brand new game save to test MCCC, first. I didn't get too far, as you can imagine. Setting up a new save takes a lot of time, for one, but I also wasted a lot of time waiting for a Livestream, I either missed or never happened. A-humph. Yeah, I'm not in a good humor this morning. I also decided after I created my newest Cantrell family (started again with the single Sim, Erik, to create his parents and from there to create his siblings through his parents. No, they don't quite look like they did before, I used the random on them, a lot.). Once I got them to the neighborhood I wanted to start them in (and used MCCC to give them skills), I decided now would be a perfect time to 'test out a brand new build'. Of course, that build is meant for another family entirely, so it wasn't fully furnished or even finished on the inside, yet. That took me up to the end of my gaming session time. (I have a life outside of Sims, after all. Dinner had to be prepared. :open_mouth: ) So, nothing to share today, beyond this rant, except to say, many of the mods I use have now been given the All Clear. Still have to test my most important one, Road to Fame. Erik can't be Erik without it.

Happy Simming, ALL!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    edited February 2021
    On my 100 baby challenge Gunther Munch's daughter Yvonne aged up into a teen and she turned out one of the prettiest in game born Sims that I've had. :)
    US5beah.png

More under spoiler.
    One of the older kids (who has already moved out) Maria came to visit her family. Maria's dad is Johnny Zest.
    The kids are Zara and Zia and their dad is Sergio Romeo.
    WMBBXo6.png

Zia started a fire while using the science table. Mom Elina and sister Yvonne extinguished the fire.
    R2dHXtk.png

This little cheeky toddler is Malcolm Landgraab's son Aleksi. He's fussy and he looks smug because he threw the food on the floor twice before he ate. :D
    22y6eWz.png

Another baby aged up. Here is Max Villareal's son Ben. He also got the fussy trait, although he's not nearly as mischievous as Aleksi.
    wuCpHPO.png
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited February 2021
    Kimmer wrote: »
    No, I never do that, I always keep it plugged in when I play and I also have a cooling pad. My gaming laptop has had a problem with Sims 4 since the beginning I bought it. I have no problems with other games, I can play them without my laptop getting overheated, but Sims 4 makes it heat up really fast. I normally don't play more than max two hours but yesterday I played a bit too long.
    Today I tried to repeat what I did yesterday, but I did it faster and I also remembered to save often. :)

Does your laptop feel like it's running really hard when you play The Sims 4? If it does and you play using the Origin client you can see if this helps:
    Open Origin, at the top in the menu bar select Application Settings, Scroll down to Start-Up Options and De-select Origin Helper Service.

See if that lowers your CPU load, mine was running at almost 100% playing the Sims 4 recently and it shouldn't have been anywhere near that. I don't play on a laptop but it fixed the problem for me and maybe it will help you too.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2021
    Normally doesn't do this, and have no screenshots, but I had to write something to get rid of the annoyance.

I'm currently playing with a small household of five four people. Widower and businessman Bill Brewer, his two daughters Melissa and Sandra, teen and child respectively. They have had two houseguests, Charles (teen) and his grandmother Betty, both moving in after Bill's company caused ruckus in their neighbourhood, making the house unliveable.

To make a long story somewhat short, Betty, my elder, after many days of taking care of 3 kids, the house and her garden, eventually died in the middle of helping Charles and Sandra with their homework. As expected, the residents felt the loss deeply, and both Charles and Bill spent half a day mourning at her gravestone, which I placed in her garden.

Life moves on. One night, Betty returned as a ghost. She was in a bad mood, and destroyed my toilet. No biggy, Bill is a handy fixer, and Charles has recently been accepted as his apprentice. The toilet was quickly fixed, and Betty felt bad for her prank, and mopped up the puddles she had caused.

The days continues. Bill climbs the ladder at his job, Charles and Melissa both goes to high school with high grades. Melissa is more or less the boss of the house, she usually cooks, helps Sandra with homework, takes care of Bettys garden and has undisputed power when it comes to handling the remote to the TV (one time she just sat down, switched channel and then up and left).

Sandra is filling her room with painted pictures, preparing for her teen years as an artist painter where we will finally get some income worth the name - this family really struggled in the beginning when I was set on having no repairmen, until our last hire was more interested in sneaking into Bills room and stand around doing nothing. Fired his ***. "I'm done here." Darn right you are, lazypants. Had one of my Sims been a Vampire, I'd drained his worthless hide first, and accepted the extra hour pay.

And now we come to the point of my ranting story. One hot summer night, Betty returned. And this time, she was on a roll. Either she was having a bad night, or she was sad over that noone had cried at her grave for a day. She went right for the bathroom, and ruined both the sink and the toilet. Both my handymen to the rescue. Betty dealt with the puddles again. I was going to let this slide.

While Bill finished up and went back to bed, Charles continued to repair the toilet, and then got rid of the remaining trash and puddles. During this, Betty stopped her mopping, and destroyed the toilet again. Feeling the first hint of a seed of annoyance being planted, Charles took comfort that it was a Sunday, and no school for him. He could continue. While Charles repaired the toilet, Betty went and ruined the fridge. No sooner was she done, before my washing machine felt excluded, and broke down on its own, giving me more lovely puddles. Sunday night became Sunday early morning.

Charles is a fighter, and he dealt with both the fridge and the washing machine, tired as he was. Meanwhile, Betty destroyed the toilet AGAIN. This is as far as I've come in my game. Whatever happens from here on, this Sunday afternoon, the family will have a meeting and decide if Betty, whom we all love and miss very much, will be eternally banished to the netherworld forever.

Darn ghosts, and I don't even have Paranormal Pack. I so wish they were a malevolent force that instead breaking stuff constantly, targeted Sims still awake, scaring them and forcing them to hide in their beds until the ghost left.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »
    No, I never do that, I always keep it plugged in when I play and I also have a cooling pad. My gaming laptop has had a problem with Sims 4 since the beginning I bought it. I have no problems with other games, I can play them without my laptop getting overheated, but Sims 4 makes it heat up really fast. I normally don't play more than max two hours but yesterday I played a bit too long.
    Today I tried to repeat what I did yesterday, but I did it faster and I also remembered to save often. :)

Does your laptop feel like it's running really hard when you play The Sims 4? If it does and you play using the Origin client you can see if this helps:
    Open Origin, at the top in the menu bar select Application Settings, Scroll down to Start-Up Options and De-select Origin Helper Service.

See if that lowers your CPU load, mine was running at almost 100% playing the Sims 4 recently and it shouldn't have been anywhere near that. I don't play on a laptop but it fixed the problem for me and maybe it will help you too.
    Yes, my laptop seems to be running very hard when I play Sims. it's been like that since I bought it. I have already de-selected Origin Helper Service and it didn't make any difference. I can still play, as long as I don't play too long and I have to remember to save often. I sometimes have a break and let my laptop cool down and come back playing later and it works okay. Thanks for trying to help. :)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    New baby named Heidi Westbrook.

And here's the creepiest thing about it....the name Heidi popped into my head then I hit the name randomiser...and got it!

Guidry & Temperance have got nothing on me! :D
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I took Micah, an alien mermaid hybrid, his mermaid girlfriend, Alana, and his dog, on vacation to Mt. Komorebi. I will be trying to complete the two aspirations that go with that world, so they started off with the sightseer one and swam in the river for a bit. At night. In a thunderstorm.
    MO3EfF5.png

And apparently they can call over the dolphin in the river too.
    8Y2bOEm.png

And honestly that was the most exciting part of my gameplay, but here are some more photos under the spoiler
    PXVchrO.png
    U3adppa.png
    3sRLLzB.png
    8nZljdN.png
    PSKzz8Z.png

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    edited February 2021
    Brandi Broke was in such a an awful mood with working and having to clean when she got home while seeing about her son's. Never seen these animations when baking she got her hand stuck in the dough.
    w1lX1hU.png
    But then...she dropped it. Accidents happen, but...
    3szUDdB.png
    qOwNsWI.png
    Brandi WHY?
    jWmyUBo.png
    NOT WITH YOUR FOOT. Brandi No. :s
    SiXXawo.png

In short, probably won't have her baking anytime soon. :cold_sweat:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,408 Member
    David is still working hard on his physics degree.

David-working-hard.jpg

I realized I've left the poor guy there for irl 8 months or so. Time to get back to him so he can graduate and get married. He's probably a bit annoyed with me by now. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @LadyKyn Thank you so much for my morning chuckle! I really needed that. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Not a great deal to report, as I haven't been playing very long, but I did discover that my Sims will sit down at the dining room table to eat — but that could be because it's the only place to eat in the entire house. LOL

As for gameplay, I'm using my Cantrell family as my Test Save. Many of the mods I use have been given the green light, so I'm now mostly checking out Road to Fame. The kids, Erik, and three of his four siblings, are Teens at the moment, with Adrian being a Child. Already Erik is making inroads towards his goal. He's a Notable Newcomer and has been signed to Dinky Beats. Plus, he's written a song and licensed it. Today, when he got home from school (it's Springtime) he decided to record himself singing Hotter Than Sin, with the notion of uploading it. (Changing some of my strategy.) He's also already on the cover of a magazine. The video was augmented once edited and it was considered great when he uploaded it. We'll see what that reaps.

The oddest thing just occurred, which is what brought me over here to share. As Erik was busy singing, his father stood there watching. Just as Erik finished, however, his father also began to sing the same song. (I have the RTF modified Karaoke machine in the same room.) Joseph's voice isn't so good. Just as he was finishing up, Joey took over the regular karaoke machine, again to sing Hotter Than Sin. He wasn't so very bad at it. Then, their mother, Louise, was straining to sing the same song. I saw Brianna watching from the doorway. I quickly sent her to serve dinner. But, it was crazy-insane for those couple of real minutes. LOL
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member
    I've been building some houses, so not much happened, but I decided to add a bed up by the wall in one of the houses and to my surprise it's quite easy to get two sims in the same bed as long as they are assigned their sides of the bed and the one sleeping by the wall gets in first. :smiley:

kUTNCcz.png
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Sooo i got bored and decided to make my current family a royal family. Had to switch the gameplay up lol.

Queen:
    cul2n64.png
    VpzP7Sq.png

King:
    vvocEVU.png
    zEm8pyu.png

Princesses:
    HEHgBHW.png
    tHeQfoh.png
    ZDcLH4P.png
    B9bj8dh.png
    IsgXF2f.png
    zqIiuYr.png
    x301OOr.png
    f3nhKiT.png
    0jHEKur.png
    AD0Uq01.png

Prince:
    4bcom95.png
    ER2VS3T.png

R0cGBOF.png
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Ted Roswell is looking quite fetching tonight....

I2xkYl9.png
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Ted Roswell is looking quite fetching tonight....

I2xkYl9.png

Ted is one snazzy character
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    My girl Samantha was chatting with a playful specter, and now she has a purple glow and green sparks coming off of her. Sometimes it's best not to try to figure stuff out...

w8gXR2p.png
  • Options
    Victor Feng is looking full-on savage

6jIa7K4.png
  • Options
    Makoa Kealoha, stylin' at the club....

9MNOwTN.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

I happened to catch an excellent lighthouse build!
    Meant for Brindleton Bay, but I put it in Windenburg on the tip of the Crumbling Island. At "Bro's" spot. Dock Den.
    I made the lighthouse tower part a bit taller.
    4oWyKli.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SdnPlyr8SdnPlyr8 Posts: 14 New Member
    While checking out households in the neighborhoods to make sure mccc was doing its thing, I discovered an old lady living in Willow Creek with 7 cats. It literally made ME laugh out loud. Also that Morgyn Ember (I think that's their name) is living it up in San Myshuno with an elder. I did have to move the vampire family out of Sulani, though. They've settled into the Straud mansion nicely. (I have a starting save where I deleted all of the premades, but I've been forgetting to update it since ROM came out.)
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Nothing, because my game kept crashing 😭 Sucks cuz I just got Paranormal

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top