The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Well, I know it’s getting old seeing me make excuses about why I’m not playing my game, but here we go again. This time, I fell and broke a rib. Pain management has been my main goal for the last 6 weeks. I was able to log in a few weeks ago long enough to grab the free kit. I’m much better now, and planning to get back to some gameplay.

Owie! Take care and get better!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,143 Member
    @mightysprite Thanks. I'm working on it. I did log in to check on the updates, and got this little gem.

jVIUq4X.png

@cyncie Wow! Is that a mod or in the game?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,771 Member
    edited May 29
    Owie! Take care and get better!

@GalacticGal Thanks. I had improved quite a bit, but my trio had three performances in five days, and the movement and mic holding made it worse again for a week and a half. But it's much improved, now.

@cyncie Wow! Is that a mod or in the game?

@mightysprite That's being generated by the Sociable Sims mod by Plumlace. You get more variety of social interactions between sims. It does generate more phone calls and texts, but they're actually pretty fun! I think I posted a call from Grim wanting to hang out a while back. There is an update that fixes the animals calling, but I'm not sure I want it, now! I think it's hysterical that Cashew needed to tell Morgyn his opinion on Bob's fragrance! Listen, anything can happen in The Myst.
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 900 Member
    @cyncie Hope you are feeling better! Also, I haven't played my game in a couple months. I am doing an event with one of my games, and got a new MMO game, which distracted me for a bit.
    I do plan to get back to my game soon, though. Sometimes I just take breaks from all games, just so I don't get burnt out.
  • Options
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    @cyncie Hope you are feeling better! Also, I haven't played my game in a couple months. I am doing an event with one of my games, and got a new MMO game, which distracted me for a bit.
    I do plan to get back to my game soon, though. Sometimes I just take breaks from all games, just so I don't get burnt out.

Thank you. I agree a break is sometimes needed.
  • Options
    Umbreon12 wrote: »

Thank you. I agree a break is sometimes needed.

You're welome.
    I like playing video games, and I will play some for like a week straight, but you can burn yourself out pretty quickly doing that. I will usually switch it up, and play games I haven't played in a bit, but when I just don't want to play games I will do other stuff.
    Forcing yourself to play Sims 4 may not be good, because then you will probably not want to play it. If you aren't having fun with it, taking a break isn't bad.
    I have loaded my Sims 4 game again recently, but that was more to explore the Gallery to get ready for the next time I load the game up. Still finishing up an event for another game, though.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited June 2
    My Sims had to take their dog to the vet and suddenly I saw a werewolf rampaging inside. I thought he was taking himself to a vet, but it turned out that he was Jacob Volkov who had a sick cat that needed to be cured. :D
    MGxp8oF.png
    Ytqu7dX.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,774 Member
    I've been playing with my high school dormitory household this week. It's a temporary home for teens from Sulani or Mt K, or whose parents just want them out of the house. And at the moment Hugo Villareal because he was orphaned and his siblings were kidnapped by a vampire.

The current setup:

Ray Cahill and Kendall Hecking are here from Sulani. Kendall has the high maintenance trait and is always upset about something.
    usmkEae.png

Desiree Delgato and Malcolm Landgraab just have rich parents who wanted them to go to boarding school.
    cR7Sjw8.png

And Hugo.
    8dUP7Mf.png

In another household, I had previously aged Dina and Nina Caliente down to toddlers and had Katrina marry into one of my families so they've been growing up in my game. They are also at the teen stage now. Malcolm and Dina started a relationship right before prom started so they couldn't go as dates, and Dina showed up in her cold weather outfit instead of a prom dress, but none of that stopper her from becoming prom royalty, or Malcolm the jester. And they had a great time.
    1MWRNhz.png

Ray also had a great time and had a gold star prom experience despite not having a date or winning anything, but the only pictures I got were of him swimming at the after party.
    YoHONz2.png

Desiree, Hugo and Kendall did not go to prom because they are a week younger so I consider them underclassmen and they don't get a prom until next rotation.
  • Options
    edited June 2
    @Kimmer a werewolf with a pet cat. Silly Sims. ;)

@Daephene Very interesting idea, having the kids in Boarding School. Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    @Kimmer I wish our werewolves could take themselves to the vet!
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 89 Member
    Ever since I got the crystals pack, I've been trying to use charged crystals to get triplets. Three different games, with both partners having fertility reward and wearing bracelets and necklaces and earrings with several crystals in the room and nothing but single births.

So I stopped trying and went to a game of newlywed ranchers - no crystals, no rewards, first birth was triplets!
  • Options
    Illandrya wrote: »
    Ever since I got the crystals pack, I've been trying to use charged crystals to get triplets. Three different games, with both partners having fertility reward and wearing bracelets and necklaces and earrings with several crystals in the room and nothing but single births.

So I stopped trying and went to a game of newlywed ranchers - no crystals, no rewards, first birth was triplets!

Just goes to show you can't force things. Congratulations!
  • Options
    Long time, no update for a bit.
    Decided to play a bit of my PC version of the Sims. Which has the base game, romantic garden, backyard stuff, and mods/cc.
    A brief recap for the family is that I am doing the million similion challenge with a Sim named Savannah Fox. Last time I played her, I had her marry Johnny Zest, more for love then money. They ended up expecting a child
    Savannah ended up taking a retail job, and Johnny Zest was pursuing a comedy career. Savannah job was in the morning, and Johnny had his job at night, so the two of them only saw each other for a few hours a day. However, Johnny saw less of Savannah when he had to level up skills for his job. Savannah did not have to do that herself.
    Savannah had a female friend that came to hang out with her for a few hours everyday, and Johnny met her the first time she came over. The friend asked to come over everyday, and hung out with both Savannah and Johnny, or Savannah. Sometimes while she was over, Savannah would dig in her yard, harvest crops, and search for frogs.
    As the days went by, she entered her second stage of pregnancy. That didn't slow her down. Her third stage lasted the longest. She went to work, and the baby still didn't arrive. Her friend was over, while Johnny was at work. Savannah was sleeping while her friend read a book nearby. Shortly before leaving again for the night, Savannah woke up due to entering labor. Her friend started to leave, but came back when Savannah was giving birth.
    Savannah welcomed a little son, I named Fennec Fox. Used the cake to age him up to a child, and changed his eye color and hair color. I also gave him some outfits. For his eyes, I gave him his mom't CC eyes, which were a light blue. His hair matched his dads, but when he aged up, he ended up with black hair and orange tips. I changed his hair to a very pale blonde, lighter than his dad's blonde, but not the same color as his mom's hair color. Savannah has silver/white hair, so I made Fennec's hair pale.
  • Options
    @Umbreon12 Enjoyed catching up with your Sims. Congratulations on the new addition to the family!
  • Options
    @Umbreon12 Enjoyed catching up with your Sims. Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

Thank you, can't wait to see him as a teen, but he will stay as a child for a bit. I may give him a sibling soon. Both Savannah and Johnny have a good relationship.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,379 Member
    edited June 6
    In my castaway challenge Rose and Armitage got engaged. Armitage had led his household on an expedition to the jungle, when suddenly he got an invitation to a date from his girlfriend from the other household, Rose. The location she suggested? The bar in the jungle! That means she must have followed him into the jungle, how adorable is that?

So they dated, he proposed and she accepted. And then Rose did this:

a16a308ae8f48627f76b7a43f70876645d22a6d7.pnj

Armitage? If there ever was a task you absolutely had to NOT botch, then this would be it.

85e5556d63efe2ec347b5516887a3a4019add239.pnj

What did I just tell you, Armitage?!

4e9d5a53491689ede563c0f0d8f2fa42235c883a.pnjPhew. He caught her and that expression is priceless.   I remember that this interaction could fail in Sims 2, not sure about Sims 4. In any case this looked so risky from the angle I was watching it!
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt Congratulations! Loved your update. :)
  • Options
    Played my PC version of the game for a bit today.
    I was testing it a bit for cemetary/haunted/spooky ideas. Most cemetaries weren't for the base game, but I did find one. I moved the cemetary as a national park, and then moved the same cemetary next to it in New Crest as a residential lot. Found an Elsa ghost to move in, so a ghost would be among the graves. Then I moved Anna, Merida, and Rapunzel as ghosts as another ghost Elsa into the lot. I had to sell a lot of things from the build to give them basic stuff like beds, a kitchen, and a toilet.
    Both Elsa ghosts had died from drowning, so if they stayed in an area for too long, they would leave puddles on the floor. Which they would clean up afterwards. They would randomly possess things, and Rapunzel broke the toilet twice. She did a ghost repair which fixed it as well, she would fly into it, and fix it from the inside. Rapunzel would eventually phase through the first Elsa, which she didn't like at first, but then found it amusing.
    Rapunzel, Merida, Anna, and the second Elsa spent their first night exploring the gravesites, and hanging out, while the first Elsa slept through the entire night. In the morning, the other four went to sleep, while the first Elsa got up, and looked for a job. She got a job in babysitting.

This was a little test, because for my PS4, where I have most of the packs, I want to do something similar. I want to get a different cemetary, and move a normal living Sim onto the lot, but also move in ghosts to be their roommates. They will be different ghosts, but I wanted to see what was needed to make it work. or I may make a full ghost household. I want to make a New Crest in one of my save files a fully haunted/spooky area, so ghosts, vampires, werewolves, etc.
  • Options
    @Umbreon12 Sounds like you had some fun!
  • Options
    @Umbreon12 Sounds like you had some fun!

Thank you, I did.
    Next time I play my other version, I will make one of my New Crest neighborhoods into the haunted area.
  • Options
    Today I went through my game and restored some communities. There were a lot of empty houses where Neighborhood Stories and MCCC moved people around and out, so I fixed some of the blight, especially in Del Sol Valley. When I was checking out Granite Falls, I paid Harry Bigfoot a visit. Seems the residents of the Falls belatedly realized they never gave him a Welcome Wagon, so they showed up with fruitcake, tea and a nice visit on a rainy evening.

Im8DqwU.png
  • Options
    @cyncie Bigfoot looks pleased by the attention!
    I like his house and decor. The idea that Bigfoot spends a lot of time using nail polish is hilarious.
  • Options
    @mightysprite Thanks. Harry is a gentle and simple soul, but he does occasionally enjoy a spa day at the Lazy Owl Spa in Mooncrest, and he won’t say no to a mani-pedi! His dream is to start a wild unicorn rescue. One day I’ll try to make that happen for him.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top