Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, What Did It Break ???

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    My screenshots are not appearing in the screenshot folder and I have broken gallery thumbnails too :unamused:
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Is it safe to put Father Winter back on now? I’m not starting a new save cause I have to much progress in mine.

yes they fixed it @Sharonia

@comicsforlife --was it this new fix 12/7/20 that fixed Father Christmas? Thank you. I'm afraid to update because I have cc skintones and skins.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    Has anyone else had issues with the gallery? Everything on mine is boxed out with a red x through it and when I click on it it says "Could not locate this item"

GracieO312 wrote: »
    My screenshots are not appearing in the screenshot folder and I have broken gallery thumbnails too :unamused:

Exact same here! I just tried to take a screenshot and it's not in the folder and the gallery isn't working
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    Has anyone else had issues with the gallery? Everything on mine is boxed out with a red x through it and when I click on it it says "Could not locate this item"

GracieO312 wrote: »

Exact same here! I just tried to take a screenshot and it's not in the folder and the gallery isn't working

Thank goodness it's not just me - as a storyteller this is actually game breaking for me! I'm really upset about this. I've tried resetting my folder but that didn't work and now I'm repairing my game for the second time (I alway repair the game after every patch anyway) but it's taken all morning! This update has messed my game up more than the November one did!
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Everyone with broken x's in your gallery, check your anti virus. 9 times out of 10 when this happens, it's your anti virus not allowing the game to access the site. You have to go into your anti virus program and allow the exceptions. If you don't know how to do this, google your anti virus program and "allow exceptions" and instructions will come up. Common culprits of this are AVG and avast so if you are running either of these, check those. You can also find instructions for this on EA's help site.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member
    Well, I haven't noticed any new breaks but I did notice one fix...

...CLUB OUTFITS ARE FIXED! This pleases me greatly.
  • Options
    peanutsinspacepeanutsinspace Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2020
    All of my cc works but I get this when I load up the game, other than that so far so good.

Screen-Shot-12-08-20-at-07-09-AM.png[/url]
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Everyone with broken x's in your gallery, check your anti virus. 9 times out of 10 when this happens, it's your anti virus not allowing the game to access the site. You have to go into your anti virus program and allow the exceptions. If you don't know how to do this, google your anti virus program and "allow exceptions" and instructions will come up. Common culprits of this are AVG and avast so if you are running either of these, check those. You can also find instructions for this on EA's help site.

Screenshots not saving have something to do with an antivirus too, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Camkat wrote: »

Thanks for the info but yeahh still broken for me... unless I've done something wrong, of course!

@Camkat please may I have a link for the EA help site on this particular issue? I can't find it for the life of me!

EDIT2: I've managed to fix the gallery thumbnails - it was my AVG, after all. However, I'm still screenshot-less! BOO!

EDIT3: I've found my screenshots!
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Is it safe to put Father Winter back on now? I’m not starting a new save cause I have to much progress in mine.

yes they fixed it @Sharonia

@comicsforlife --was it this new fix 12/7/20 that fixed Father Christmas? Thank you. I'm afraid to update because I have cc skintones and skins.

It was fixed in yesterdays update. The update doesn't seem to have broken cc skin tones which I am so happy about. It's lovely that they added sliders and fixed the in game skin tones for those that needed them but personally I still prefer to use my favourite custom ones.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    I wonder how much of my limited hard drive will be occupied by the 100+ skin files? I don't really need them, but will have to install them regardless, if I want any future packs added. Anyone know how big the latest patch is?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited December 2020
    I did the update last night and so far everything seems fine. I didn't go into CAS as this update is no biggie to me.

I placed my new May family I created before Thanksgiving and things went fine.
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    So they "fixed" the broken reflections with arches and mirrors supposedly. Well the "fix" was just break all the walls in the reflections now, Idk which bug is worse not seeing the arch or seeing through all the walls :/

27H4hO3.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    haneul wrote: »
    lexibee wrote: »
    So...no game breaking bugs yet? I'm a little surprised I'm not seeing people mentioning any bad bugs yet. Did they actually manage to give us a big update and fix bugs without introducing new ones? Or did too many people get burned from the last updates and so more people than usual are holding off updating haha.

I'd love to see the new sliders for myself but I still don't trust updating on patch day...

I always hold off on day of purchases or updates (since Sims 3), but my game automatically updated because the patch was released early. :( I won't play Sims 4 until I know the mods are fixed though. I hope nothing's ruined.

I hate that origin does this. I have automatic updates turned off in origin but it still seems to do what it wants. My new method is disconnect your PC from the internet before opening origin. Then make sure you go offline in origin. Once you're sure it's offline you can connect your pc to the internet again and enter the game. I like my wifi connected just incase I want to go to the gallery.

And to be super safe I disscont from the internet again before exiting my game. Then make sure to exit out of origin 😆 sounds extreme but it's working for me. Too many times origin has updated when I wasn't ready.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    So...no game breaking bugs yet? I'm a little surprised I'm not seeing people mentioning any bad bugs yet. Did they actually manage to give us a big update and fix bugs without introducing new ones? Or did too many people get burned from the last updates and so more people than usual are holding off updating haha.

I'd love to see the new sliders for myself but I still don't trust updating on patch day...

I always hold off on day of purchases or updates (since Sims 3), but my game automatically updated because the patch was released early. :( I won't play Sims 4 until I know the mods are fixed though. I hope nothing's ruined.

I hate that origin does this. I have automatic updates turned off in origin but it still seems to do what it wants. My new method is disconnect your PC from the internet before opening origin. Then make sure you go offline in origin. Once you're sure it's offline you can connect your pc to the internet again and enter the game. I like my wifi connected just incase I want to go to the gallery.

And to be super safe I disscont from the internet again before exiting my game. Then make sure to exit out of origin 😆 sounds extreme but it's working for me. Too many times origin has updated when I wasn't ready.

All you have to do is turn off "auto update".
  • Options

All you have to do is turn off "auto update".

I have that off. I double checked to make sure and the last update started automatically without me even knowing. And it's not te first time it did that so I'm super paranoid lol I would definitely rather take extra precautions.
  • Options
    Omg!!!! My updates as I said are turned off. My origin literally says "you're offline" and it just started updating!!!😱😱😱😱😱😱 something is wrong with origin. I googled it and other people experience the same thing so I know it's not just me. I totally wasn't ready😡😡😡😡😡😡
    Guess I'll be adding what's broken to this thread soon 😐
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Omg!!!! My updates as I said are turned off. My origin literally says "you're offline" and it just started updating!!!😱😱😱😱😱😱 something is wrong with origin. I googled it and other people experience the same thing so I know it's not just me. I totally wasn't ready😡😡😡😡😡😡

This happens to me with origin all the time. I only play offline and have auto updates turned off but every time there is a new update it does it automatically.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Needs appear to decrease faster than usual...?
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    This is mentioned in other threads, but make-up for existing sims is got messed up to be bold and bright, even if they looked normal before. The sliders must have affected existing make up since I did not create half of my sims to look like clowns and now their lipstick and blush are way too bold and bright
  • Options

This happens to me with origin all the time. I only play offline and have auto updates turned off but every time there is a new update it does it automatically.

I had to click on "update origin" and then "update game" for it to update both Origin and get the update for the game. These are 2 different updates.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    I always set Origin to offline before even looking at the desktop TS4 icon. Never installed a patch on release day, and Origin ever tried to do that either.

Re bold makeup on existing sims - sounds like they set the default slider effect to "10", rather than medium like "5". I like that makeup can also be set bolder, though, not only bold makeup being set softer.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited December 2020

Same, but luckily my game and mods ended up okay. Once I saw it updated, I removed my mods (checked for updates to them too) and repaired, started it up once without mods and then put them back.