May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @KatNip : Welcome to the thread! I actually maintain a huge directory of Sims stories, the Stories and Legacies Index. I'd recommend hopping over to that thread and filling out the submission form to have your story added to the Index. Stories registered with the Stories and Legacies Index get their updates listed for up to a month, may be featured on my reader's advisory thread, get shoutouts on my newsfeed, just to name a few benefits.

Another really great thing to check out are Reading Circles. When you join a Reading Circle, this is a group of people that agree to read each others stories and offer encouragement to each other. This is a really great way to form those "first few readers" for a starting author.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @KatNip : Welcome to the thread! I actually maintain a huge directory of Sims stories, the Stories and Legacies Index. I'd recommend hopping over to that thread and filling out the submission form to have your story added to the Index. Stories registered with the Stories and Legacies Index get their updates listed for up to a month, may be featured on my reader's advisory thread, get shoutouts on my newsfeed, just to name a few benefits.

Another really great thing to check out are Reading Circles. When you join a Reading Circle, this is a group of people that agree to read each others stories and offer encouragement to each other. This is a really great way to form those "first few readers" for a starting author.

@KatNip I actually believe there is a Reading circle for dark stories (like yours seems to be) so maybe that would be a great place to start :)
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    @mastressalita @JulyVee
    Thank you, both of you. :) I'll be checking that place out now!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hey guys!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    @Jes2G : Hey Lady!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hello lovely people :)

It's already my bedtime here (where the heck did today go? Come to think of it, where did this week go?!) but I'm just popping in to say a quick hello, and also to welcome @KatNip to the thread.

I've been busy writing a new story (no, The Madness of Mr Goth isn't abandoned; it's just a bit slow-going at the moment. It'll be back very soon) which is a Sims 3/Stardew Valley crossover. I've mentioned it on here before, but I finally have an official forum thread for it, which you can find here.

Ocean Wild is a male/male romance, updated daily with short chapters (just a few hundred words) and it's being posted on Tumblr. It features a solitary writer who lives in a cabin on the beach, and a goth/emo computer programmer who lives in his mother's basement. Other Stardew Valley characters will also feature, as and when I make them in Sims 3. It's a slow-burn romance, and I'll try to keep it going for as long as I have ideas for it.

Sebastian (left) and Elliott (right). I love these two so much right now. I hope you enjoy Ocean Wild as much as I'm enjoying writing it :)

oceanwildcharacters02.jpg

(And now, to bed!)
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    @Jes2G : Hey Lady!

How are ya?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli
    Thank you! :blush: Your sims are handsome!
  • Options
    @Jes2G : A little frazzled, heh. Sims Pride took a lot out of me and I've fallen waaaaaaay behind in my reading! I'm really hoping I can finally start getting caught back up on some of that. What has the Jes been up to lately?

@ValoisFulcanelli : The offer still stands, your Tumblr stories are more than welcome to be added over at this ol' place... ^_^

I took advantage of the Steam sale and completed my TS3 collection! But I'm not going to install all the content yet, heh. (I keep auto-install off on my account for a reason). Things are going well at the moment so it's likely I won't really add them until I suddely "really need" one of the EPs or SPs for something I want later in time... at least then I know I *can* add it easily as I've already purchased them! For $5 a piece I really couldn't pass that up!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    @mastressalita : I’ve been doing what I do. :p I did a crazy thing and created a restaurant challenge to go along with Dine Out, and of course I had to do a story to accompany it. So, right now I’m writing this new thing and Keeping Up With the Joneses and still trying to get the second season of Discovering Juliana completed. I need my head examined with all these stories I have going on! :s

In other news, I’ve got my house back! My sister had been staying here since November and got her own place a few weeks ago, so I’m alone again. Woot! Work is ok. I’m a little bit bored, but I can’t decide if I’m having a motivation issue or if I’m just too distracted by all the things I’d rather be doing…like writing stories LOL. The jury is still out on that one.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli I read The Madness of Mr. Goth some time ago but who wrote it escaped my memory. Good to put a name/avatar to it now :)

Hello, everyone! I'm Jelly and I'm trying to expand my simlit social circle. I'm a wife, mother to two children, and a pet owner to three dogs. I went to school to be a nurse but my real passion is the arts. I've been simming for a long time and recently got caught up in simlit writing. I am very new to it! But, I'm not new to storytelling, as I used to do a lot of animation machinima on YouTube. I'd love for anyone interested in taking on another read to checkout my original story "Life Is" right here.

Nice to meet you! x
  • Options
    Hey @Jellysimwich , so great to see you in this thread!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Hey @Jellysimwich , so great to see you in this thread!

Thank you! :) Good to be here.
  • Options
    I haven't played stardew valley yet but omg @ValoisFulcanelli those characters look so much like their stardew valley models :) great job.
    Jes2G wrote: »
    In other news, I’ve got my house back! My sister had been staying here since November and got her own place a few weeks ago, so I’m alone again. Woot! Work is ok. I’m a little bit bored, but I can’t decide if I’m having a motivation issue or if I’m just too distracted by all the things I’d rather be doing…like writing stories LOL. The jury is still out on that one.

@Jes2G I feel you on that one. I'm constantly thinking of my simlit while at work... well my current assignment is due at the end of august. I guess I function best under pressure xD so I will wait until it kicks in and work a bit more laid back until then. I got all my classes for college done so that's a plus.

@Jellysimwich heeey nice to see you here too :)

Everyone should really check out your story, it's awesome :)

• Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    Morning, lovely people! :)

@mastressalita I'd completely forgotten that I was unsure about adding my Tumblr arcs to the Index O.o Up until now, none of those arcs were fully-fledged stories (with the exception of Argentum Lucem, which I haven't gone back to again; too many saves/arcs, not enough time!)

Ocean Wild, though, seems to have legs, so I'd be happy to have it added, thank you!

(Randomly, I saw this on Tumblr today and thought it might interest you. Archive photos of librarians at work with the technology of their day.)

@Jellysimwich Hi there! Yes, the whole name thing was a bit bonkers for me for a while. Before the forums changed when Sims 4 was released, you had to register with the email address you'd registered your games with in order to post. I'd registered all of mine with a different name than the one I wanted to use, but I couldn't change it. At the time, there was no way to do that, although I think the Gurus can do it now. Then, after Sims 4 came out, you had to log into the forums using your Origin account, which is the one I currently use (although I'm not sure if you still have only your Origin account as an option).

My Sims 3 games are all via Steam and registered to one name, and my Origin account is in a completely different name. So my initial posts about the story are in one name and I now post with another name. Confusing, much? :mrgreen:

@Julyvee94 Thank you! Just a warning if you do pick up Stardew Valley (it's currently 10% off in the Steam Sale, and cheap as anything [USD15] even at full price) - it is extremely addictive! You wouldn't think it to look at it, but you'll get drawn into that little world and its wonderful cast of characters more than you think you will. I've seen veteran gamers who normally play things like CoD and who only started SDV to do a quick review on it manage to clock up 60 hours after having the game for just a few days.
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip @ValoisFulcanelli I've heard that from many others too :D I don't think I will pick it up just yet, I don't really have time for it with my sims stories and my bachelor thesis around the corner. But maybe after summer ^^
  • Options
    Hi @Jellysimwich! I keep missing you in the other thread lol. That thing travels on llama speed!

@Julyvee94 Yay for complete classes!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @ValoisFulcanelli yes, very! :)

@Julyvee94 thank you!

@Jes2G nice to meet you!
  • Options
    MunnieSimsMunnieSims Posts: 235 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hey everyone! Been a while since I've been on this board. Thought I'd stop in and say hi. :smiley:
  • Options
    Hello, @MunnieSims ! Nice to meet you and welcome back :)
  • Options
    Hello @Jellysimwich! It's nice to meet you too. :smile:
  • Options
    @MunnieSims I checked out your blog but was unable to leave a Like... Excited to see the progress of your work :)
  • Options
    @MunnieSims : Hey there stranger! It has a been a while! Welcome back, it's good to see you again! I hope all has been well for you?
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    @Jellysimwich Thanks! I have to fix the layout of my blog so it's easier to find things. Once that's done I can start writing! :)
    @mastressalita I've been alright. I've had a lot of family things going on that have made life super stressful. Thankfully things are calming down and getting back to sort of normal.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello! Here's the next chapter to The Fey of Life! It's the end of an era, or at least the end of a long journey. But new journeys begin from the ashes of the old ones.

Chapter 22: Rebirth
    2mm9lST.jpg

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)