The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli: It seems to happen whenever I have external links in a post, especially those to my own blogs. I hate the bug too. :-\
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    And you are even using the URL BBCode? Cause I've never run into that issue and I have thread with more external links than you can shake a stick at... now I'm nervous. >_>
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    SubtleSimmingSubtleSimming Posts: 196 Member
    Just testing something. Every time I try to post a new comment on my own thread, I get a 'body is 5 characters too short' error, even when I post hundreds of words.

Edit: Hm, it seems fine here. Wonder what's happening?

Anyway, hello lovely people :) I'm a bit busy with family visits today, but will be back with some replies and updates later.

Mine has been doing the same thing lately! Glad to know I'm not the only one, although it's definitely frustrating.
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    Back again. I think the posting problem was somehow related to how I was coding the link. I was using BBCode, but the link text contained hyphens and suchlike, and - even though it shouldn't matter - I think that, combined with the quote from the story, plus a bit of forum wobbliness just made everything go 'bleh' for a bit. I did a hard refresh of the forum page and managed to post, after editing my link text to remove the hyphen.

Work is obviously going on behind the scenes of the forum (which you'll notice if you log out and see the coloured headers) so they're probably 'improving' something (and breaking stuff in the process) :mrgreen:

@thesealofthesims Congrats on the new job! That's always a strange time, I've found: a mixture of excitement and nerves. Hope everything goes well for you and you enjoy it :)

@RipuAncestor I love that screenshot you posted for Chapter 22 of The Fey of Life. Really eye-catching and well-edited.

@calaprfy I missed welcoming you to the forum, so hi there and welcome!

@SilentWolf101 Thank you! I have two purple-haired Stardew Valley Sims, but the one I posted in here is Sebastian. I have created Shane, too, but I haven't posted him here.

@everyone I have fallen so hard for my Elliott/Sebastian pairing. I don't think even The Madness of Mr Goth pulled me in this hard and fast. I'm rocketing through the chapters, and I think the main reason for that is I'm posting on Tumblr, where chapter lengths are usually much shorter and you can only post a maximum of 10 images (unless you embed them within the post, but then they're not full-sized). I'm sure it'll start to tail off eventually, but the combination of a socially-awkward and shy emo kid and a warm, mature, intense and romantic writer is making me write like a maniac XD

And when I say 'intense and romantic' I mean this kind of thing:
    “I haven’t got the words like you have.” Sebastian sighed.

“One does not need words,” Elliott soothed. “But, if it consoles you at all, your words are the same as mine. We speak from the same lexicon, after all.” He smiled. “I like your words, because they are formed by your beautiful mouth.”

“There, you see? I could never come up with something as romantic as that.”

“Sebastian, dear heart. Look at me for a moment.”

Elliott waited until he had Sebastian’s full attention, then continued:

“I want you. I want your softness, your shyness, your sometimes-awkwardness, your blushes, your smiles, your laughter. I want your body. I want you sighing beneath me, moaning atop me, whimpering as you wrap yourself around me. I want your breath on my skin as you sleep, I want your gaze on my face when I wake. I want the spirit and heart of Sebastian. The words that he speaks are only the smallest part of what I want.”
    Gawd, Elliott. My heart can't take it. STAHP!

Erm, and I may have got a bit ahead of myself with the, uh, naughty poses. I can't help myself! I held out for as long as I could, but I had to cave eventually. If you want to check them out, click here to go to my main Tumblr page and scroll down to find the two posts. None of it is really NSFW; everything naughty is cropped out except one butt shot (!) and it's all left to the imagination. Hehe!

So, er, yeah. Valois is sulking and Gunther is pouting, but I'll give 'em both a pat and get back to them soon :mrgreen: Hope everyone's had a great weekend!
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @SilentWolf101 Thank you! I have two purple-haired Stardew Valley Sims, but the one I posted in here is Sebastian. I have created Shane, too, but I haven't posted him here.

Ah, I could have sworn it was Shayne, not Sebastian. But, it's probably just my head playing tricks with me. :P Oh well. And naw, that is an adorable scene! (Also, just bought Stardew Valley yesterday, but haven't gotten much time to play it yet...)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2016
    Back again. I think the posting problem was somehow related to how I was coding the link. I was using BBCode, but the link text contained hyphens and suchlike, and - even though it shouldn't matter - I think that, combined with the quote from the story, plus a bit of forum wobbliness just made everything go 'bleh' for a bit. I did a hard refresh of the forum page and managed to post, after editing my link text to remove the hyphen.

Work is obviously going on behind the scenes of the forum (which you'll notice if you log out and see the coloured headers) so they're probably 'improving' something (and breaking stuff in the process) :mrgreen:

@ValoisFulcanelli I'm glad you got the problem fixed. And yeah, I'm also sort of curious and dreading what will be improved and what will be broken once the work on the forums is done. :smiley:
    I love that screenshot you posted for Chapter 22 of The Fey of Life. Really eye-catching and well-edited.

:blush: Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun editing that pic.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli That scene you wrote was great! And steamy :p
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    (Also, just bought Stardew Valley yesterday, but haven't gotten much time to play it yet...)
    Wave goodbye to your social life, your friends, your family, your sleep schedule... :mrgreen:

@Jes2G (and also SilentWolf) Thank you! Elliott's about to realise he's found his Muse for the romantic novel he's been plotting. Meanwhile, Sebastian (said Muse) is going to be doing a lot of blushing and stammering as he realises just what he's getting himself into with Elliott. *rubs hands together gleefully* XD

Meanwhile, I have another chapter just posted: Chapter 12 - A Slow Thaw.
    There was no way that Sebastian could ignore the persistent knocking on the door of his basement room. Not even with earbuds in and music blasting through them. Demetrius had a knock that could rattle floorboards.

He sighed, unplugged his music, and made his way to the door. Unlocking it, he pulled it open, and his stepfather strode in. Silently, Sebastian closed the door behind him, and waited.

Demetrius folded his arms. “An explanation is in order, I think,” he said.

“For what?”
    All chapters so far can be found on the story's index page.

I'm now going to relax with a mug of tea and some music while I plot some stuff out. Hope everyone is having a great day :)

tfb.jpg
  • Options
    (Also, just bought Stardew Valley yesterday, but haven't gotten much time to play it yet...)
    Wave goodbye to your social life, your friends, your family, your sleep schedule... :mrgreen:

@Jes2G (and also SilentWolf) Thank you! Elliott's about to realise he's found his Muse for the romantic novel he's been plotting. Meanwhile, Sebastian (said Muse) is going to be doing a lot of blushing and stammering as he realises just what he's getting himself into with Elliott. *rubs hands together gleefully* XD
    Hehehe, the only one of those that I have is family. XD And even then they barely see me anyways. So it's all good. And naw, that's adorable! :D I can't wait to get caught up soon. XD
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    Hi guys, I've been pretty quiet mostly for a while but now my anxiety is over: I got my driver's license today!!!!!! My brain still hasn't registered it properly but I'm so happy. I am so ready to relax and I'm pretty sure I'll get some chapters of the Talented out very soon :smiley:
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Just testing something. Every time I try to post a new comment on my own thread, I get a 'body is 5 characters too short' error, even when I post hundreds of words.

Edit: Hm, it seems fine here. Wonder what's happening?

Anyway, hello lovely people :) I'm a bit busy with family visits today, but will be back with some replies and updates later.

@ValoisFulcanelli @SilentWolf101 @InfraGreen to me this only happens when my post starts with a link. I don't know if it also happens when you start with other bbcode :/
  • Options
    @gnasling Congrats on passing your driving test! I never learned to drive (too easily distracted) but I can imagine the excitement of having that freedom: not relying on public transport, or cabs, or anyone else to get you to a place you want to visit. Well done! :)

@JulyVee94 Aha! That must have been the reason. The post I was trying to make began with a link, too. I tried lots of variants but they all began with 'chapter (number) of (title)' as the link text. Thanks for the solution! I'll know now not to begin posts with a link.

Speaking of posts and links, I've just posted another chapter of Ocean Wild. This one's a bit visually NSFW, because there's only one surefire way that Sebastian knows he can get to sleep when he's not tired ;)
    Maybe a glass of warm milk would help him to sleep? Nah. Traipsing into the kitchen and switching lights on would wake him up even more. Mind you, he couldn’t think of anything else that would make him sleepy.

Well… there was one thing. Yeah… there was always that.
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    @gnasling Woohoo! Congratulations! :D

@ValoisFulcanelli Nyeh, I've fallen so far behind on this story. :|
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello! Here's the newest chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 17: The Necromancer
    YKI2a1T.jpg

It's time for a meeting with a retired necromancer in a creepy swamp. It goes about as well as one would expect.

I hope you enjoy and have a nice time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    Hello, everyone! I haven't posted in a while. I just returned from a week long trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was so nice. Anyway, it's good to be back.

Just recently, I published the last chapter on Noble Doubt for Generation 1. The torch has been passed! :)

Chapter 1.30: Dear Diary: Passing of the Torch (Pt. 2)

The first chapter for Generation 2 will be posted this Saturday, July 9.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading along, liking and commenting. It means so much to me. I hope you will enjoy what is to come. :)

146504659735019%201_zpsymlid3oy.jpg

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    @RosemaryMariee Welcome back! And might I say that that looks quite interesting! :)
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 Aww, don't worry about it. I haven't posted an update today, and all of the chapters are pretty short, so they're easy to catch up on :)

@RosemaryMariee Hi, and welcome back to the thread!

@everyone Hello, lovely people! No chapter update for Ocean Wild today, because I've been working on a building tutorial instead. I've made this one as much of a Beginner's Guide as possible, so that even complete newbs to building can follow it.

I love creating Medieval-style buildings, so today's tutorial is a small tower in that style. It's not liveable as it is, but once you've created and saved the textures and figured out the design basics with the tutorial version, you can then move on to making a bigger version with the staircase up the middle and living quarters around it.

The tutorial is fully-illustrated, and you can find it here on my Tumblr. It's cc-free, but you will need to have three expansion packs installed: World Adventures, University Life, and Pets (although there is a workaround if you don't have UL, but it involves a lot more fiddly effort).

meditower_banner.jpg
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @ValoisFulcanelli That looks really nice! :) And hehe, yeah, just been busy with a bunch of things.

EDIT: Also, UPDATE! All I have left to do is actually write the first chapter of my new story, then upload everything. I have the entire first generation mapped out and everything. :D I'm really excited for this story. :)
  • Options
    @RosemaryMariee Welcome back! And might I say that that looks quite interesting! :)

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. :smile:

• Options

@RosemaryMariee Hi, and welcome back to the thread!

Thank you so much! I love your tumblr. I followed it (I'm on tumblr as booomcha) but mine is not a simblr, it's Judy Garland related. lol I also love your blog and would like to begin reading it, so I will be working on that, too. :)

@SilentWolf101 I forgot to add to my post that I am following your blog and can't wait to dig in! :D

• Options
    @SilentWolf101 I forgot to add to my post that I am following your blog and can't wait to dig in! :D

Aw, thank you! I should have the first chapter of my newest story out soon, and hopefully the next chapter will also come out soon. :D
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I love your tumblr. I followed it (I'm on tumblr as booomcha) but mine is not a simblr, it's Judy Garland related. lol I also love your blog and would like to begin reading it, so I will be working on that, too. :)
    Thank you! Ha, I did wonder why a Judy Garland account had followed me over on Tumblr :mrgreen:

(Please just be aware, by the way, that I sometimes post NSFW content on Tumblr - which I always tag as 'Sims NSFW' so people can use either Tumblr Savior or the xKit extension to block that tag if they don't want to see it. Also, if you're planning on reading my story [thank you in advance if you are!] then please ensure you read the disclaimer at the start. The story is pretty dark and contains adult themes, both textual and visual.)
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    And, of course, now that I'm ready to get started with the story, I find that I can't add a proper fence with a fence gate around the castle I had installed. >-< So, now it's either find a nice 64X64 castle that can have a fence around it, or build one myself. And if I build one myself, then it's probably not going to look very good.

I hope to still have the update out by the end of the week, but... As long as it's out by next Wednesday, I'm good. :)
  • Options
    @ValoisFulcanelli Judy Garland is my queen. lol :smiley: Thank you for the head's up about your content. I very much look forward to reading your story. I really like your site and how it's laid out, too, btw.

@SilentWolf101 A new chapter to a new story! How exciting! I hope your castle problems are settled soon. Good luck! :smiley: I really look forward to it.

• Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    8000_zpsybfedxdp.png

Hi guys, I'm here bearing good tidings of a new chapter :) Read it here.

I hope you're all doing super great. The night before and after my driving test I was unable to sleep and it wasn't until tonight that I managed to get a good night's sleep. I feel like a person again, is what I'm saying. So yeah, I feel like I can finally get back to writing :)