Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Pack: Well, the name sounds like disappointment.

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I don't care if it's only a vacation world, because my Sims will be living in there no matter what. I don't normally use cheats but I will cheat money for my poor Sims to live in there, I don't care. This pack is my dream pack.

I live in southern Finland and due to the global warming we barely have snow anymore in the winter. In my childhood there was always snow in the winter and the winters were cold. I miss the real winter. I miss skiing, other winter activities and just simply walking in the snow. Last year we did not have any snow at all and I hated it. This is why I'm so excited about this pack. I want my Sims to have the winter I can't have anymore.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't care if it's only a vacation world, because my Sims will be living in there no matter what. I don't normally use cheats but I will cheat money for my poor Sims to live in there, I don't care. This pack is my dream pack.

I live in southern Finland and due to the global warming we barely have snow anymore in the winter. In my childhood there was always snow in the winter and the winters were cold. I miss the real winter. I miss skiing, other winter activities and just simply walking in the snow. Last year we did not have any snow at all and I hated it. This is why I'm so excited about this pack. I want my Sims to have the winter I can't have anymore.

Heh I live outside Stockholm and quite frankly if someone said "all you have to do is to cut off an arm with a spoon and you'll get to live in Hawaii for free" I would start carving immediately.
    If it wasn't because it's Global Warming I would be happy we get less snow, I enjoy the iceless streets especially now getting older.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

This is heart-breaking :(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

Heh I live outside Stockholm and quite frankly if someone said "all you have to do is to cut off an arm with a spoon and you'll get to live in Hawaii for free" I would start carving immediately.
    If it wasn't because it's Global Warming I would be happy we get less snow, I enjoy the iceless streets especially now getting older.

I live in Gothenburg and yeah, I am really not a fan of cold winters either, in fact I hate it... I can understand that some people miss the snow though and it will be nice that at least our sims can enjoy it.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    If Kayla's map is the real thing, then what we have here is a normal world (that isn't snowy all year round) with two regular neighbourhoods that has a third neighbourhood that acts as a snowy mountain vacation spot (escape).

That means they've, at the very least, combined a livable world with a vacation world... which could indicate hotels/resorts have been added because that would be the only way a vacation neighbourhood could be added into a regular livable world/neighbourhood.

So you can live in town, and then travel up to the mountains for a little wintery weekend getaway with skiing, tobogganing, etc.

All that with the added bonus of it also being an asian-like world (can you say Mt Fuji?) with asian influences.....? Yes please!

Squeeeee! *happy dance*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If Kayla's map is the real thing, then what we have here is a normal world (that isn't snowy all year round) with two regular neighbourhoods that has a third neighbourhood that acts as a snowy mountain vacation spot (escape).

That means they've, at the very least, combined a livable world with a vacation world... which could indicate hotels/resorts have been added because that would be the only way a vacation neighbourhood could be added into a regular livable world/neighbourhood.

So you can live in town, and then travel up to the mountains for a little wintery weekend getaway with skiing, tobogganing, etc.

All that with the added bonus of it also being an asian-like world (can you say Mt Fuji?) with asian influences.....? Yes please!

Squeeeee! *happy dance*

There are no lots in the mountain/snowy area.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    So is this the negativity thread then? 😂

Like others I also believe this world will be residential with an option to add resorts. It’s somehow what the leaked map suggests.

If the title is Snowy Escapes, then the word escapes suggests, if not implies, a vacation world. Or, it could simply be a vacation destination, which wouldn't preclude Sims living there. How many foreign countries have you visited wherein nobody lived there? Just sayin'. I'm just glad this is a subject I can get into. The last two packs were totally unappealing to me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member

Squeeeee! *happy dance*

There are four lots. You might be looking at the cropped picture? You can chck the full image here.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited October 2020

I don't like snowless winters because it's raining instead, a lot, and it's dark and ugly. When there is snow everything looks so much more beautiful and light. I was always a winter person because I loved the snow activities and I actually love cold weather (with warm clothes of course). Nowadays I love the autumn more, it rains less.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

Squeeeee! *happy dance*

What does that have to do with what I just said?

The third neighbourhood/section/area is a vacation world. Meaning they've made a combined world (a livable area next to a vacation area). Before this, all we've ever had is a normal world OR a vacation world.... it's never been a combination of both.

The non-livable vacation mountain area looks to have one non-buildable lot with a new symbol (a new lot type), which might indicate it's a hotel/resort.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Like others I also believe this world will be residential with an option to add resorts. It’s somehow what the leaked map suggests.

If the title is Snowy Escapes, then the word escapes suggests, if not implies, a vacation world. Or, it could simply be a vacation destination, which wouldn't preclude Sims living there. How many foreign countries have you visited wherein nobody lived there? Just sayin'. I'm just glad this is a subject I can get into. The last two packs were totally unappealing to me.

A vacation destination where the residents ran the resorts and/or cute little B&B, shops and eateries.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020

Where is this map????????????

Why are you always shouting at me? 😂
    I’m just kidding.😉

It was shared on twitter:

I'm pretty sure that's fake, she hasn't worn that top on stream in the past few days and there's no video titled that on her twitch. Plus they said it was "yesterday" but all her recent streams are animal crossing she hasn't even shown anything sims related..
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited October 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    I think at this point people will complain no matter what they do.

Dude people on Reddit are already saying how disappointed they are and how bad it is. There's not even a trailer out yet :D. It does prove that this fanbase will never be happy with anything that comes from TS4.

Edit: Also starting to see "omg nobody asked for this" - a winter themed pack has literally been the most requested I've seen among themes lol.

Post edited by eternalrainn on
  • Options
    Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2020
    Well, by the things in this pack, doesn't seem like a must-buy to me, especially if it's going to be a vacation world. I've always liked Jungle Adventure but the only thing I hate is that it's a vacation world and has fewer lots, so I had to use money cheats and stuff if I wanted sims to live there.
    I guess I can wait for Snowy Escape since I haven't explored the things in other packs yet (since I'm a newer simmer). I haven't tried Get Famous yet (which was the pack that lured me into the sims 4 in the first place a few weeks after it came out in November 2018) or the other things yet as well. And I want to try out the occults as well as they seem pretty interesting as well. As I do acknowledge there are bugs and glitches and other missing stuff in the game I try to be optimistic and only focus on my stories and playing! :smiley:
    I never found Eco Lifestyle and Discover University appealing as well (and when I read about the many bug reports about these packs it turned me off). Hopefully Snowy Escape is a better pack since youtubers are working on it as well. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I love the name! Snowy Escape. Imagine curling up around the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate after a day out on the slopes. <3 Can't wait to hear more. And I'm okay with a residential or vacation world.

It's a Japan inspired world, think our sims will have to settle for expensive tea to warm up after ski.

We already have a Japanese inspired pack. It's called City Living. It turned all NPCs into Hondas and Suzukis!

I always thought San Myshuno was inspired by American cities and their cosmopolitan mix of people from different backgrounds.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I love the name! Snowy Escape. Imagine curling up around the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate after a day out on the slopes. <3 Can't wait to hear more. And I'm okay with a residential or vacation world.

It's a Japan inspired world, think our sims will have to settle for expensive tea to warm up after ski.

We already have a Japanese inspired pack. It's called City Living. It turned all NPCs into Hondas and Suzukis!

I always thought San Myshuno was inspired by American cities and their cosmopolitan mix of people from different backgrounds.

Supposedly part of San Myshuno is inspired by some of the Japanese cities, plus karaoke is really big in Asian cultures (I remember a Korean karaoke bar down the street from my old apartment). But I think the comment referred to the game over-generating Sims with CL-inspired names (which is why I use this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/614664/no-less-city-living-island-living-npc-names-updated-03-09-2020.html).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I'm looking forward to this expansion, in fact I'm getting quite hyped! The map reminds me a bit of The Sims 1 Vacation map, which I loved. *nostalgia*
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Supposedly part of San Myshuno is inspired by some of the Japanese cities, plus karaoke is really big in Asian cultures (I remember a Korean karaoke bar down the street from my old apartment). But I think the comment referred to the game over-generating Sims with CL-inspired names (which is why I use this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/614664/no-less-city-living-island-living-npc-names-updated-03-09-2020.html).

Just because the game generates sims with Asian names doesn't mean San Myshuno is in Asia. The buildings, especially in the spice district look distinctly American. Also, City Living introduced all the international food stands because it's a multicultural city with sims from all over the world.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited October 2020
    Ironic they should have Australians working on a pack called Snowy Escape.

@calaprfy You do know we have skiing and snow resorts in Australia dont you? It is a huge country covering several temperature zones. We dont all live in beach or desert regions.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    This Should Have Been called

Get Cold or something with the Get in the Title
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm a little scared because

1. i don't see mittens in the cover art
    which just makes my soul sad after knitting stuff also didn't have them and winter is probably only other theme id see them coming in

2. I see those cool east asian style buildings at the back but I'm little on edge about those + this pack as combo

because i really really really love japan/china theme with sims and i just hope they did it justice because in previous games it was always one ep worth for that and...im scared when there isn't much for it in cover like it deserves so much gameplay and build items and cas and :scream: *goes in corner to chant some sort of prayer*

3. personally i would have matched winter with hotels and resorts but im not so sure we are going to have those now which is another yikes

4. does yeti make a comeback? japan doesnt have penguins? AAAA im scared

5. oh also im scared a bit of game changers chosen because all i really see them building is modern and suburban and japan theme may not... be their strong suit...
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm hoping this is the pack that makes it possible to live and vacation in the same world, hopefully via hotel lots, and that it will extend to existing worlds like Sulani and Windenberg. That would definitely expand the game.
    If everything it comes with only applies to the one world, like IL, I'd be less interested, but I like the winter activities and Asian themed world either way.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I will wait and see. If it is a vacation world or a small world like Get Famous' world (forgot the name), I will be disappointed.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    First Impression: Looks like Island Living, but with snow.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

As I mentioned in another thread (or was it this one?...I honestly can’t tell the difference anymore😂)...
    As I mentioned before someplace, I believe Snowy Escape refers to the Snowy mountain area where sims can ‘escape’ to and do snow activities.
    I assume that the rest of the world won’t be snowy if one doesn’t have seasons installed....

I do wish I could visit a foreign country where nobody lives...