Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Pack: Well, the name sounds like disappointment.

Comments

• Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    😑

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. It's not new or interesting or something I feel will add creative gameplay. I will reserve final judgment for the trailer and videos showing what you can actually do (since the trailers have been deeply misleading since forever...). But as of right now....meh. not like we didn't see this in earlier Sims packs, and even then going to the winter place was my least favorite...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    So is this the negativity thread then? 😂

Like others I also believe this world will be residential with an option to add resorts. It’s somehow what the leaked map suggests.

Where is this map????????????

Why are you always shouting at me? 😂
    I’m just kidding.😉

It was shared on twitter:

I'm pretty sure that's fake, she hasn't worn that top on stream in the past few days and there's no video titled that on her twitch. Plus they said it was "yesterday" but all her recent streams are animal crossing she hasn't even shown anything sims related..

I don’t think it’s fake...this map looks legitimate, with a possible placeholder title.
    It’s not unlikely that this has been a set up al long, since Simsee has been involved with this pack. There’s a huge chance she was allowed to ‘accidentally’ ‘leak’ a second of that map in one of her streams.

I don’t watch these streams though. I don’t know what tops she wears and I don’t know anything about her editing skills in general...
    I also don’t know anything about the girl who tweeted it, other than that plenty of tweetiefolk seemed to have given her a wave of grief over this ‘leak’.

I just feel the map looks genuine...
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't care if it's only a vacation world, because my Sims will be living in there no matter what. I don't normally use cheats but I will cheat money for my poor Sims to live in there, I don't care. This pack is my dream pack.

I live in southern Finland and due to the global warming we barely have snow anymore in the winter. In my childhood there was always snow in the winter and the winters were cold. I miss the real winter. I miss skiing, other winter activities and just simply walking in the snow. Last year we did not have any snow at all and I hated it. This is why I'm so excited about this pack. I want my Sims to have the winter I can't have anymore.

I didn’t want a snowy world, but after reading your post, I’m glad we’re getting one for you. ❄️ ❤️ ⛄️

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 good thing you only care about yourself. EA would go backrupt without your support.

@Karon I'm not sure I understand. I would prefer a vacation world. You seem to want a residential world? So you're saying I should care more about what you want?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    😑

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. It's not new or interesting or something I feel will add creative gameplay. I will reserve final judgment for the trailer and videos showing what you can actually do (since the trailers have been deeply misleading since forever...). But as of right now....meh. not like we didn't see this in earlier Sims packs, and even then going to the winter place was my least favorite...

But not everyone played the earlier packs.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I love the name! Snowy Escape. Imagine curling up around the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate after a day out on the slopes. <3 Can't wait to hear more. And I'm okay with a residential or vacation world.

It's a Japan inspired world, think our sims will have to settle for expensive tea to warm up after ski.

We already have a Japanese inspired pack. It's called City Living. It turned all NPCs into Hondas and Suzukis!

I always thought San Myshuno was inspired by American cities and their cosmopolitan mix of people from different backgrounds.

Supposedly part of San Myshuno is inspired by some of the Japanese cities, plus karaoke is really big in Asian cultures (I remember a Korean karaoke bar down the street from my old apartment). But I think the comment referred to the game over-generating Sims with CL-inspired names (which is why I use this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/614664/no-less-city-living-island-living-npc-names-updated-03-09-2020.html).

It’s very strange. I love having names from a variety of cultures in my game, but I only seem to get American-style names anymore, plus a few Polynesian names. I kind of want a mod for more CL names!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    They honestly got the worst people IMO to work on this pack. Especially since none of them like occult’s. & only reason deli is there is because of James. They should of gotten people who actually live in those parts. It’s probably going to be Americanized which I’m kinda tired of seeing in the sims (JA is the only exception). I do hope tomorrow proves me wrong & we get more gameplay depth. I would be happy if we get hotels so I can turn Sulani into a proper vacation world.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    They honestly got the worst people IMO to work on this pack. Especially since none of them like occult’s. & only reason deli is there is because of James. They should of gotten people who actually live in those parts. It’s probably going to be Americanized which I’m kinda tired of seeing in the sims (JA is the only exception)

It would have been cool if they had given it to people from Japan to play and see how accurate it is. But I don't think they have any game changers who are Asian...
    I'm disappointed that they gave it to builders. If they had given it to the English Simmer or Plumbella, maybe they could've given them feedback. Heck, why not send it LGR if they're so confident in it?
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    So now people don't have to buy Seasons to experience snow in their game..? I guess we just have to get used to paying for the same content over and over again.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do like this one. I wanted a winter snowy world and a different global destination. Yeah, we have San Myshuno but it's different than this.

I have some Japanese/Asian or mixed sims in my rotation; several CL townies did join my rotation. One actually just got married in recent gameplay. My younger generation that has some sims with partial Asian ancestry will have a place to go to connect with their heritage. I'd play it as a vacation or residential world.

I don't have much opinion on gamechangers except that I've watched a few things by James and I liked him. I rarely watch YouTubers but have checked his information about packs before.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    It would have been cool if they had given it to people from Japan to play and see how accurate it is. But I don't think they have any game changers who are Asian...

At least someone who has lived in Japan, or is familiar with the culture. (Those houses had better have genkan, because shoes need to come off!)

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    The game changers probably just built a couple of lots and made some sims. The same thing happened in Eco Lifestyle with the English Simmer and Simproved. I see no problem with that. Actually I think it's great, considering how terrible EA's builds and premades are.

I was very excited about the pack at first, because I like the theme, but honestly, we need hotels in this pack. Otherwise, it's Island Living 2.0: just a nice world with no gameplay.

But I don't want to be negative now. Let's see the trailer and hope they have some good gameplay for us.

Yeah what's up with that, they used to be really good at creating pre-made Sims and houses in previous games, I even always play pre-made Sims and houses in previous games.

I love the premade sims of the Sims 4. What makes me sad about them is the way they were set up with no backstories or relationships.

I like the pre-made Sims the way they look but the lack of backstories is killing the mood and sometime their family backstory isn't well translated into the game, such as landgraab and johny zest and Calientes with lothario in ts4
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited October 2020
    If Kayla's map is the real thing, then what we have here is a normal world (that isn't snowy all year round) with two regular neighbourhoods that has a third neighbourhood that acts as a snowy mountain vacation spot (escape).

That means they've, at the very least, combined a livable world with a vacation world... which could indicate hotels/resorts have been added because that would be the only way a vacation neighbourhood could be added into a regular livable world/neighbourhood.

So you can live in town, and then travel up to the mountains for a little wintery weekend getaway with skiing, tobogganing, etc.

All that with the added bonus of it also being an asian-like world (can you say Mt Fuji?) with asian influences.....? Yes please!

Squeeeee! *happy dance*

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

This would basically be the sweet spot for me. Then I could add a hotel to Sulani as it should be and have some sims live there and others vacation there as it really should have been all along.
  • Options
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    The game changers probably just built a couple of lots and made some sims. The same thing happened in Eco Lifestyle with the English Simmer and Simproved. I see no problem with that. Actually I think it's great, considering how terrible EA's builds and premades are.

I was very excited about the pack at first, because I like the theme, but honestly, we need hotels in this pack. Otherwise, it's Island Living 2.0: just a nice world with no gameplay.

But I don't want to be negative now. Let's see the trailer and hope they have some good gameplay for us.

Yeah what's up with that, they used to be really good at creating pre-made Sims and houses in previous games, I even always play pre-made Sims and houses in previous games.

i think the sims design in ts4 isn't so bad but they lack a backstory.
    i agree past sims games had better premades though i've gotten some favs on ts4 as well

Yes you're right I do have some favorites like Makoa and Elsa but felt like I just play them as in player created since they have no individual backstories.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The world leak does give me some Sims 1 vibes with the Sims Vacation pack:
    51HS9X8NBXL.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Ironic they should have Australians working on a pack called Snowy Escape.

There's snow in Australia :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    So is this the negativity thread then? 😂

Like others I also believe this world will be residential with an option to add resorts. It’s somehow what the leaked map suggests.

Where is this map????????????

Why are you always shouting at me? 😂
    I’m just kidding.😉

It was shared on twitter:

I'm pretty sure that's fake, she hasn't worn that top on stream in the past few days and there's no video titled that on her twitch. Plus they said it was "yesterday" but all her recent streams are animal crossing she hasn't even shown anything sims related..
    „Yesterday“ as in October 5th. The person said that lilsimsie deleted the video. I‘m not entirely convinced that she‘s telling the truth but c‘mon, what are the odds? She was right about a winter world + lilsimsie‘s involvement.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hoping it's a residential world with rental lots/hotels. But that aside, I like the title. Really hoping they're starting to abandon the stupid "Get" and "Living" naming conventions.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Hoping it's a residential world with rental lots/hotels. But that aside, I like the title. Really hoping they're starting to abandon the stupid "Get" and "Living" naming conventions.
    I actually mentioned that with BobSquad today too. A lot of Get and Living pack names. LOL Glad that you noticed that trend too. It has been annoying like that gnome in every patch trend that was going on for awhile.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I think at this point people will complain no matter what they do.

Dude people on Reddit are already saying how disappointed they are and how bad it is. There's not even a trailer out yet :D. It does prove that this fanbase will never be happy with anything that comes from TS4.

Edit: Also starting to see "omg nobody asked for this" - a winter themed pack has literally been the most requested I've seen among themes lol.

Omg a freakin' farming pack could come out and people will still say "UM NOBODY WANTED FARMING" Just the idea of it is making me laugh. :D
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think at this point people will complain no matter what they do.

Dude people on Reddit are already saying how disappointed they are and how bad it is. There's not even a trailer out yet :D. It does prove that this fanbase will never be happy with anything that comes from TS4.

Edit: Also starting to see "omg nobody asked for this" - a winter themed pack has literally been the most requested I've seen among themes lol.

Omg a freakin' farming pack could come out and people will still say "UM NOBODY WANTED FARMING" Just the idea of it is making me laugh. :D

i'll say that about farming when it comes out :wink: and then i'll start talking about how i wanted past themed pack with dragons instead just you wait

i will also throw arguments such as "this is just another machines pack :triumph: "

cause i see them butchering it like that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well if it is a liveable map with resorts you can bulldoze then sure, I'll buy it :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    People will just complain for the sake of complaining, saying "Nobody asked for this" just to strengthen one's complain is absolutely selfish while actually the main feature of this pack has been requested by the community for as long as I remember. The "Nobody asked for this" was true for JtB for the most part but not for this one
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    People will just complain for the sake of complaining, saying "Nobody asked for this" just to strengthen one's complain is absolutely selfish while actually the main feature of this pack has been requested by the community for as long as I remember. The "Nobody asked for this" was true for JtB for the most part but not for this one

Oh I know tons of people have asked for this.
    I have no beef with them releasing this unlike Star Wars journey to Product Placement.

I am just saying that I won't be buying it if it's a vacation world.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

Oh I know tons of people have asked for this.
    I have no beef with them releasing this unlike Star Wars journey to Product Placement.

I am just saying that I won't be buying it if it's a vacation world.

True, and I was actually referring to those redditors or Twitter user so please don't be offended.
    ihavemultiplegamertags