Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Pack: Well, the name sounds like disappointment.

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/1318208993513197575

I don't care if Deli, Kayla and James "worked" on this; if it's a vacation pack I am out unless it's absolutely spectacular somehow.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
Post edited by Beardedgeek on

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I will not buy a vacation pack. I already have Outdoor Retreat, and I never use it
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean it kind of sounds like it's just a new world with some new activities. Sorry but what I want to see in expansion packs is features that work as tools for us to be creative. Not the same old "go here" "do that" "learn that skill" and done.
    I really how this pack brings that or I'm not buying.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    I love the name! Snowy Escape. Imagine curling up around the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate after a day out on the slopes. <3 Can't wait to hear more. And I'm okay with a residential or vacation world.

I really really hate vacations in the Sims. I have always hated the mechanic all the way back in Sims 1 and Outdoor Retreat is the only pack for Sims 4 I truly regret buying.
    Jungle Adventure is fun because of everything BUT the vacation mechanic, which is just an annoying hindrance that stops me from enjoying it even more.

Now the name might be misleading and we might actually be able to live in the world; in that case sure, I'm game. Otherwise... MAYBE on a 50% off sale.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The BB and CAS needs to be extremely good, and the world livable, for me to get this. I live in a cold country, I'm freezing just looking at the title of the pack o.o

Who am I kidding....I'll get this anyway, because its new stuff
  • Options
    I will not buy a vacation pack. I already have Outdoor Retreat, and I never use it

Exactly.
    The problem, of course is that it's an Expansion pack so there are probably a lot of core mechanic updates that I'll miss out on.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I would not be surprised if this is an actual world and not a vacation destination.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if this is an actual world and not a vacation destination.

I really really really REALLY hope so. A vacation world in an expansion pack would be absolutely horrible.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Cue dozens of sims freezing to death!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I love the name! Snowy Escape. Imagine curling up around the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate after a day out on the slopes. <3 Can't wait to hear more. And I'm okay with a residential or vacation world.

It's a Japan inspired world, think our sims will have to settle for expensive tea to warm up after ski.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Snowy Escape - sounds like fun
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

It's a Japan inspired world, think our sims will have to settle for expensive tea to warm up after ski.

Warm Sake.
  • Options

How do you know "It's a Japan inspired world" ????
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Because I always buy a pack based on its name
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member

the name is very Japanese and the world is obviously Japanese inspired by the pagoda we saw in the world map
  • Options
    Because I always buy a pack based on its name

The name indicates it's a vacation pack.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

I really really hate vacations in the Sims. I have always hated the mechanic all the way back in Sims 1 and Outdoor Retreat is the only pack for Sims 4 I truly regret buying.
    Jungle Adventure is fun because of everything BUT the vacation mechanic, which is just an annoying hindrance that stops me from enjoying it even more.

Now the name might be misleading and we might actually be able to live in the world; in that case sure, I'm game. Otherwise... MAYBE on a 50% off sale.

I really prefer the vacation worlds. Simply because I don't need a lot of residential space. I play one main family, 7 families that are related to my main family, and about 20 other households that I do not play but are there just for background filler. The remaining lots are community or just empty.
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Ironic they should have Australians working on a pack called Snowy Escape.

There is actually mountains with snow in Australia. So it's not actually an odd thing for them to talk or even make a pack based on it. Their winter starts in June. There is a place called Snowy Mountains there.
  • Options
    adamzaid wrote: »

the name is very Japanese and the world is obviously Japanese inspired by the pagoda we saw in the world map

What name = Snowy Escape? What Pagoda - where???
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Not really a fan of vacation worlds. Plus they really just made a whole ep of stuff that should have come with seasons? smh.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Graham mentioned Mt. Komorebi in his tweet. I looked it up on Google and it translates to sunlight filtering through the tree leaves. Quite poetic. Wonder if Haiku writing will be a new skill.

https://evs-translations.com/blog/komorebi/
  • Options
    So is this the negativity thread then? 😂

Like others I also believe this world will be residential with an option to add resorts. It’s somehow what the leaked map suggests.

I truly truly hope so.