Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Pack: Well, the name sounds like disappointment.

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    So is this the negativity thread then? 😂

Like others I also believe this world will be residential with an option to add resorts. It’s somehow what the leaked map suggests.

Where is this map????????????
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Like others I also believe this world will be residential with an option to add resorts. It’s somehow what the leaked map suggests.

The only new lot icons I see is one that looks like a sparkling star in the city neighbourhood and another that looks like a snowflake or maybe cherry blossom in the snowy neighbourhood. If it were a hotel I think it would have the universal hotel icon, a bed.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't see why they got the game changers involved in this, I can't see why that would be a road to success. I hope they got some people with experience of freezing winter. They did winter very well in Seasons
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Why are you always shouting at me? 😂
    I’m just kidding.😉

It was shared on twitter:

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited October 2020
    kayla as lilsimsie? that means one thing. sims will be constantly giggling for no reason at all and all of the bb will have one swatch only - beige :s sorry not sorry

And the builds will be bland. And Occults will be banned from it. Yehhhh Come to think of it, none of those GC's do anything other than dabble in occults really, do they? I'm getting tired of vampires being left out of food stall options for example.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I’m just kidding.😉

Well, let's see what those new symbols mean. If it's some kind of hotels, they will get bulldozed. I am serious, I see no point with them and have loathed them in every game since Sims 1,
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I don't see why they got the game changers involved in this, I can't see why that would be a road to success. I hope they got some people with experience of freezing winter. They did winter very well in Seasons

because devs can't do their job right and have no charisma so they need the help of popular sim youtubers to promote the pack
    CelSims wrote: »
    kayla as lilsimsie? that means one thing. sims will be constantly giggling for no reason at all and all of the bb will have one swatch only - beige :s sorry not sorry

And the builds will be bland. And Occults will be banned from it. Yehhhh

Her earlier builds are great. Unfortunately (IMHO of course) she builds way too luxurious stuff now. I replaced my dorms with her dorms in University and had to put the vanilla ones back (and then edited them just a touch to make them more usable); her dorms were basically two star hotels. Not exactly suiting a poor uni student... Also several of her restaurants have had glaring faults in them like blocked doors and unusable tables.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member

Maybe because people are always claiming that gamechangers do nothing. Now they're involved and you're questioning that decision. 😄
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hope that they finally make worlds do double duty between vacation and residential.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I like the name and theme of it. I think it will be nice to have a snowy place for my sims to visit/vacation. I just hope it isn't going to be another boring destination with nothing to do like Granite Falls.
    They did winter very well in Seasons

I have to disagree to some point here. I don't think they did it well at all. The snow is not realistic. The weather on the calendar tells me that it's a blizzard outside but the light coverage of snow on the ground tells me other wise. It is not realistic to only have like 1cm depth of snow in a blizzard, it's just not. I want to see some depth on the snow personally.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Even if it incorporates a residential world, there still has to be new features in order for me to buy it, features not necessarily related to outdoor activities. If they have the option of building hotels or something similar, I would buy it
    Even if it incorporates a residential world, there still has to be new features in order for me to buy it, features not necessarily related to outdoor activities. If they have the option of building hotels or something similar, I would buy it

This is the thing; I believe it does since it's an expansion pack. As long as you can live in it and bulldoze or at least ignore the hotels, I'm in.
    Onverser wrote: »
    I think at this point people will complain no matter what they do.

This pack is best case scenario in my opinion, like cmon we couldve got a reality tv pack or a disneyland pack. Also this pack could easily include hotels which people have been wailing about for forever and a day.

Oh I know; I mean there are still tons of people that say Island Living is pointless because it's not a vacation world. I just happen to be the complete opposite :)

This pack is best case scenario in my opinion, like cmon we couldve got a reality tv pack or a disneyland pack. Also this pack could easily include hotels which people have been wailing about for forever and a day.

no we couldn't have gotten something worse or the backlash would've been terrible, devs had to do something right for once. i couldn't care less about if it's destination or residential world all i want to know is about the japanese inspired part
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

They probably just built some houses. And it is a big improvement imo. After all, the crane house in EL that Simproved (I think) built is the best house in the whole game.
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

no we couldn't have gotten something worse or the backlash would've been terrible, devs had to do something right for once. i couldn't care less about if it's destination or residential world all i want to know is about the japanese inspired part

One would wonder why the three people they boast cooperation with has no Japanese background. I hope they ALSO have talked to a lot of Japanese people or have Japanese people on their dev team...
    somewhsome wrote: »

They probably just built some houses. And it is a big improvement imo. After all, the crane house in EL that Simproved (I think) built is the best house in the whole game.

That might be it. A lot of dev built houses are just very very VERY bad. I mean I can do better, even.

I have not moved to the harbor yet; I was planning to have my Sims move to the house by the dam (the actual harbor part is just too ugly, I want some seclusion) but maybe...
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

I’m just kidding.😉

Thanks - I don't use twitter much, except when I need it for The Voice voting. ;)

There seems to be a whole bunch of wasted space on that map. I want more lots, or the ability to add them. Now that would be giving me something to look forward to. And there are no lots on the mountain - darn!

I hope they beef up this new world or make the price half of what the EP's usually are. I'm starting to feel ripped off.

I’m just kidding.😉

Thanks - I don't use twitter much, except when I need it for The Voice voting. ;)

There seems to be a whole bunch of wasted space on that map. I want more lots, or the ability to add them. Now that would be giving me something to look forward to. And there are no lots on the mountain - darn!

I hope they beef up this new world or make the price half of what the EP's usually are. I'm starting to feel ripped off.

They probably excuse the small map with a hotel mechanic. I mean as long as you CAN live permanently there I'll probably buy it, but I will bulldoze the hotels and put in residential lots.
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

One would wonder why the three people they boast cooperation with has no Japanese background. I hope they ALSO have talked to a lot of Japanese people or have Japanese people on their dev team...

i don't care who they partnered with but i agree research is very important.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i dont get why everyone wants to be negative abt every pack. we didnt even see anything nor the trailer and some people are so disapointed its not with seasons???? we saw nothing and this looks like it doesnt belong in seasons at all cuz seasons is a pack that adds weather to ur game its not just focused abt winter only although i see where people come from.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Well, having some game changers involved could mean we get some basic things that they have commented on in videos, such as matching swatches, a complete set of kitchen counter tops instead of forgetting half of them, activities being available for kids and toddlers.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2020
    I like the name. I mean, we all joked about the "Get To"s and the "Living"s, but a meme is jsut a meme. I didn't hate the pattern. I hated that they didn't call Eco "Lifestyle" Eco Living, to keep the tradition going, but now I don't care about anymore. I just hate when people don't stick to a pattern.

@adamzaid explain to me how "Snowy Escape" is a very japanese title for a pack? haha Anyway, yes, I think its a japanese inspired world, but I don't think the name is the reason. hahaah XD
    I love the name! Snowy Escape. Imagine curling up around the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate after a day out on the slopes. <3 Can't wait to hear more. And I'm okay with a residential or vacation world.

I really really hate vacations in the Sims. I have always hated the mechanic all the way back in Sims 1 and Outdoor Retreat is the only pack for Sims 4 I truly regret buying.
    Jungle Adventure is fun because of everything BUT the vacation mechanic, which is just an annoying hindrance that stops me from enjoying it even more.

Now the name might be misleading and we might actually be able to live in the world; in that case sure, I'm game. Otherwise... MAYBE on a 50% off sale.

I really prefer the vacation worlds. Simply because I don't need a lot of residential space. I play one main family, 7 families that are related to my main family, and about 20 other households that I do not play but are there just for background filler. The remaining lots are community or just empty.

@fruitsbasket101 hoenstly, I don't remember having any of those activities displayed on the renders in a Seasons EP in Sims 2/3, neither a japanese themed vacation world. If it was up to me, they would've added the climate and the calendar systems to the base game and made a separate EP to expand each season. There's so much that could be added for a Fall/Autumn EP and a Spring EP. We already have Sulani with the Summer theme and Snowy Escape now... Of course, the seasons themselves should've been basic things added to the base game.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 which leaked map?

@Peral because everyone praised the Greenburg family and their house in Eco Lifestyle, which were all made by gamechangers.

I’m just kidding.😉

15 lots? OMG, I was so scared that we would've had only 10 or 5. I wish we had 20+, but ok I guess... Is that the karaoke symbol? Isn't that exclusive to City Living? What about the resrots/hotels? There's no symbols there that could be hotel/resort. Weird... There doesn't seem to have a "vacation world" symbol in the corner of the screen. Which is good.
    Also, the "vacation world" symbol kinda looks like the new symbol in that community lot, doesn't it?
    EktkTLRXUAE4MGC?format=png&name=240x240

@bellagoth_ which is ok. Not everyone has to be charismatic you know? Also, the game changers program isn't something that only EA is doing.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on