Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mouses Psychic Detective Mafia - Mafia wins!

Comments

• Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Good morning! I just woke up.

I do agree that the Strongman is way too overpowered.

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Edit: Okay nevermind, I just realized that the Doctor can’t protect people from the Strongman. So to me the role to me is sorta useless. Then I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Watcher

Try not to edit your posts. We are not allowed to edit. You can just quote yourself and correct it in a new post. :)

Oops, sorry. I didn’t know.

Gurl, you edited again. -.- :joy:

Woops! I thought you meant we only weren’t allowed to edit the vote posts..

No, it's for every post. This is to disallow cheating, or cover ups of slip ups, etc.
    The way the setup works is that the mafia choose a role in there pm pregame and aftert that, everyone votes for a town role like you would lynch someone (except you vote for the one you want.) It functions like a normal day would.

Assuming that she understood my explanation correctly, which I'm assuming she did since she changed to having a D0, the mafia already chose there pm. So I think we're safe to assume that the maf already know their role.

I'm going to go ahead and Vote cop based on my explanation at the beginning of day. I'm still torn wether to go for Tracker or watcher. I'mma go back and look at which is which cause I always mix them up.

Tracker means you target a person and you find out if that person visited anyone.
    Watcher means you target a person and you find out who else visited that person.

Ok. Thanks. As expected, I mixed them up at the beginning of day which is why I said Watcher. Tracker would be better because we can see if our target visits anyone which will give us info as to whether or not the are a maf/pr. Watcher on the other hand just finds out if Someone visits them, so if the target gets visited by say the ninja and the town pr, the town pr would be wrongfully accused. Where as the tracker eliminates that posibility becausr the tracker only shows who theh visited...am I making sense? Its 4am here. XD.
    Anyway, Vote Tracker as my second vote.

I think it's the same either way depending on the circumstances. A tracker can also track a townie who somehow visits the same person who also gets killed and can wrongfully accuse them.

That sounds confusing. XD

I meant like a tracker can track Person A and got a result that Person A visited Person B and then Person B died.

Yeah. I understood what you meant.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    And also at least if the watcher gets two names, let's say Person A and Person B, and let's say Person A is a mafia, then Person B can claim that they're town. And if Person A is a ninja, then we are just back to square one cuz we won't know who the actual mafia is.

It's really like there's pros and cons to all the townie PRs.

I feel like a tracker can be good if you are good at aiming for a mafia. But a watcher is better as it gives more results on which players have a PR and target that one person, but at the same time we won't want that as mafia would want to kill all the PRs as soon as possible. A watcher is also good if you are someone who is good at predicting who will be killed that night and thus watching that person.

I just like the tracker role cuz I love being the tracker that one time I was one. Hahaha. So I'm kinda biased.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    The way the setup works is that the mafia choose a role in there pm pregame and aftert that, everyone votes for a town role like you would lynch someone (except you vote for the one you want.) It functions like a normal day would.

Assuming that she understood my explanation correctly, which I'm assuming she did since she changed to having a D0, the mafia already chose there pm. So I think we're safe to assume that the maf already know their role.

I'm going to go ahead and Vote cop based on my explanation at the beginning of day. I'm still torn wether to go for Tracker or watcher. I'mma go back and look at which is which cause I always mix them up.

Tracker means you target a person and you find out if that person visited anyone.
    Watcher means you target a person and you find out who else visited that person.

Ok. Thanks. As expected, I mixed them up at the beginning of day which is why I said Watcher. Tracker would be better because we can see if our target visits anyone which will give us info as to whether or not the are a maf/pr. Watcher on the other hand just finds out if Someone visits them, so if the target gets visited by say the ninja and the town pr, the town pr would be wrongfully accused. Where as the tracker eliminates that posibility becausr the tracker only shows who theh visited...am I making sense? Its 4am here. XD.

I didn’t think about that. I guess I’ll change my vote then.

New Vote: Cop and Tracker
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Hi there!
    Had to read through 2 pages and I´m still a bit confused about this game. :D
    The cop is the most useful role for townies in this game.
    But I am torn between tracker and watcher but really don´t know who is more useful.
    To chose the doctor just makes sence if we already knew who could be mafia, which we don´t.
    Atm I can´t decide for the second vote, my first one would likely be cop.
  • Options

I didn’t think about that. I guess I’ll change my vote then.

New Vote: Cop and Tracker

Dekay just told me earlier that the same thing could happen for tracker.
    ...a tracker can track Person A and got a result that Person A visited Person B and then Person B died.

In other words, if Person A is the Town PR, Person B is killed, and Person C is the Mafia Ninja, if A and C both visit B, C won't show up, so A will be wrongfully accused. Kinda like the Watcher situation I described. I didn't think about that, So really, they are about equal. It doesn't matter to much which one we choose.
  • Options
    Wagashi_MasterWagashi_Master Posts: 608 Member
    Well, since the mafia has already decided a role beforehand. Unless they predicted that we would think they chose strongman and opted for a ninja instead, a doctor would be powerless against a strongman.

I have another question. It’s been a long time since I last played so I’m unsure about this, but in the case that they choose a strongman, is it possible for the strongman to send the kill every night? Or should the two alternate each night? If it’s the former, then I’ll have to choose tracker for my other vote.

Vote: Cop
    1b50d0714006f57e46f0a4530649b643.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Vote: cop
    Not sure what for the 2nd vote.
    You guys say doctor is useless against strongman but then that mafia might guess we'd anticipate strongman and then pick ninja instead. I was doc once and it was a total shot in the dark, spin the bottle sorta thing. If anyone could have advised me, say a tracker or watcher, but it was just blind both times I got to use the role, and both times, I protected the mafia. 🤪so doc wouldn't be useless with some intel. But without it, useless.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Well, since the mafia has already decided a role beforehand. Unless they predicted that we would think they chose strongman and opted for a ninja instead, a doctor would be powerless against a strongman.

I have another question. It’s been a long time since I last played so I’m unsure about this, but in the case that they choose a strongman, is it possible for the strongman to send the kill every night? Or should the two alternate each night? If it’s the former, then I’ll have to choose tracker for my other vote.

Vote: Cop

The strongman can kill every night as long as they are still alive.
    Vote: cop
    Not sure what for the 2nd vote.
    You guys say doctor is useless against strongman but then that mafia might guess we'd anticipate strongman and then pick ninja instead. I was doc once and it was a total shot in the dark, spin the bottle sorta thing. If anyone could have advised me, say a tracker or watcher, but it was just blind both times I got to use the role, and both times, I protected the mafia. 🤪so doc wouldn't be useless with some intel. But without it, useless.

I rather just have some kinda investigative role than the doc, so yeah. Doc is kinda useless most of the time due to bad luck. I've played probably many tens of games with a doctor and probably only seen the doctor saving a person like fewer than 10 times. A doc is more useful when there are fewer people. But with an investigative role, there's a chance that we can know if the person is a townie or not (while taking into account the ninja or godfather).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Wagashi_MasterWagashi_Master Posts: 608 Member
    The strongman can kill every night as long as they are still alive.

Welp. Although it’s a useful role, in this kind of scenario, a doctor would be quite powerless if the mafia had chosen a strongman. Given that role’s powers, it’s likely that they did. It’s better to choose investigative roles, I guess.

Vote: Tracker
    1b50d0714006f57e46f0a4530649b643.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Hey guys, just read back. I'm going to go ahead and Vote Cop
    Definitely don't think we should pick Doctor. It's not that helpful in a larger group like we have now like DeKay said and it's a lot of guessing tbh.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    I also agree with those of you that said that the mafia wouldn't have picked Godfather, can't do as much damage with it, I think if I were mafia I'd choose Ninja. Puts them at risk for a roleblocker, but they were probably able to predict that we wouldn't choose Doctor. Still not sure what other PR we should get but I'm leaning towards tracker atm.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I also agree with those of you that said that the mafia wouldn't have picked Godfather, can't do as much damage with it, I think if I were mafia I'd choose Ninja. Puts them at risk for a roleblocker, but they were probably able to predict that we wouldn't choose Doctor. Still not sure what other PR we should get but I'm leaning towards tracker atm.

Sorry for spam but I forgot to add that the reason I think we should go for tracker instead of watcher is that watcher requires you to try and predict who the mafia's going to kill while trackers can just go for who they think is mafia if that makes sense. Just seems to me like tracker is less guessing.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    So, don't tracker and watcher share the same Achilles' heel, in that you can tell whom your target visited in the first case, and in the second, can detect that your target WAS visited, but in neither case can you tell the name or alliance of either party?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    So, don't tracker and watcher share the same Achilles' heel, in that you can tell whom your target visited in the first case, and in the second, can detect that your target WAS visited, but in neither case can you tell the name or alliance of either party?

whoops not name. I mean you'd know the name of the person you chose to either tale, or sit in stakeout watching. But would you at least know the name of the person they either went to visit, or else were visited by? The name, but not anything else?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

whoops not name. I mean you'd know the name of the person you chose to either tale, or sit in stakeout watching. But would you at least know the name of the person they either went to visit, or else were visited by? The name, but not anything else?

Yeah you just find out the name, only Cops know alignments
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    As everynody else my first vote is easy.
    Vote Cop
    But I´m still unsure what is better to vote, tracker or watcher.....
    Both have their pros and cons. I tend to the tracker more but both of them don´t really know exactly the name of a mafia so for the game they aren´t so useful, because we still have to guess what they really have seen. The mafia has a lot of benefits in this game. :o
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    So, am I the only person who hasn't posted yet?
    Anyways, I think I'm going to Vote Cop and Watcher because they seem the most useful.

The cop alignment seems most reliable for a Town Victory, and from my understanding Watcher and Tracker are pretty much the same thing, and I want to have one of them.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Vote count:
    Cop - Dekay, Sophia, Rose, Alexa, Wagashi, City, Nerd
    Tracker - Dekay, Sophia, Wagashi
    Watcher - Nerd

Nush by the way when you votes you didn’t bold or all caps it so it doesn’t count. And Dekay to answer your question, yes the mafia already voted for their role before the game
  • Options
    OKay
    Tahnks mouse

VOTE : COP and Watcher

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Lemme try again

VOTE: COP
    VOTE: WATCHER

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NASCARluver2448NASCARluver2448 Posts: 860 Member
    I'm gonna VOTE: COP and VOTE: TRACKER Just seems the most useful to me
    This is real, this is me. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Did I just miss sign-ups? Man :/ Next game, I guess!

Do you want to be a replacement?

Oops, didn't see your comment, but yes, I can be!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Vote Count:
    Cop: Dekay, Sophia, Wagashi, Rose, Alexa, Nush, NASCAR, City, Nerd
    Tracker: Sophia, Dekay, Wagashi, NASCAR Watcher: Nerd, Nush

Day 0 ends in 7 hours. Right now Cop and Tracker will be selected
  • Options
    Vote Count:
    Tracker: Sophia, Dekay, Wagashi, NASCAR
    Watcher: Nerd, Nush

Edited that cause it was annoying me that Tracker and Watcher were on the same line and it looked like tracker had more votes than it does. XD
  • Options
    Vote Count:
    Tracker: Sophia, Dekay, Wagashi, NASCAR
    Watcher: Nerd, Nush

Edited that cause it was annoying me that Tracker and Watcher were on the same line and it looked like tracker had more votes than it does. XD

Also, you missed my Tracker vote.