Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mouses Psychic Detective Mafia - Mafia wins!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    And also, can I suggest that we all also say which mafia PR we would have picked if we were mafia and why?

I'd probably pick the Strongman because there's a better chance of it doing anything.
    The cop, while a strong contender to be picked, is the only one the GF protects against. The other 2 maf PRs have 2 town PRs that it protects against. and I feel like the Doc/Roleblocker are more likely to be used by town then the tracker/watcher.

Question for everyone. What roles do you think would be the most useful for town? and why?
    I think the Cop and the Watcher
    Cop because it's a good investigative role, and watcher because I think the mafia would have chosen the Strongman, so I want to avoid that category. This way, we would also have 2 investigative type roles in case the GF was chosen because I could be wrong and the GF could have been chosen.

I think for me, I would pick cop and doctor.

I don't think the mafia would have picked Godfather and the cop can have a chance to catch a Strongman or ninja, so that's good. I don't think we should pick a roleblocker cuz a roleblocker can accidentally block a townie's action and that's not good.

Doctor will be great to just protect someone, I guess. But mostly on luck.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NASCARluver2448NASCARluver2448 Posts: 860 Member
    And also, can I suggest that we all also say which mafia PR we would have picked if we were mafia and why?

I'd probably pick the Strongman because there's a better chance of it doing anything.
    The cop, while a strong contender to be picked, is the only one the GF protects against. The other 2 maf PRs have 2 town PRs that it protects against. and I feel like the Doc/Roleblocker are more likely to be used by town then the tracker/watcher.

Question for everyone. What roles do you think would be the most useful for town? and why?
    I think the Cop and the Watcher
    Cop because it's a good investigative role, and watcher because I think the mafia would have chosen the Strongman, so I want to avoid that category. This way, we would also have 2 investigative type roles in case the GF was chosen because I could be wrong and the GF could have been chosen.

I think for me, I would pick cop and doctor.

I don't think the mafia would have picked Godfather and the cop can have a chance to catch a Strongman or ninja, so that's good. I don't think we should pick a roleblocker cuz a roleblocker can accidentally block a townie's action and that's not good.

Doctor will be great to just protect someone, I guess. But mostly on luck.

I agree.
    I don't see any way the mafia chose GF so cop would be very beneficial. we don't really want a roleblocker to accidentally role block town and kill our chances. Doc seems the most useful out of the remaining options just based on looking at what they do so i'd pick those two as well
    This is real, this is me. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.
  • Options
    The only problem is that I feel like the Strongman is overpowered as it won't get affected by the doctor or roleblocker.

So, in a way, it might help if we have a tracker or watcher... cuz if the mafia has the strongman, they won't get to pick the ninja, so a tracker and watcher can be good too depending on who they target. Again, really depends on our luck.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I think I played this setup before. Let me see what I picked then... if I can even find the game. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I think I played this setup before. Let me see what I picked then... if I can even find the game. XD

Never mind. Can't find it. I must be dreaming. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member

You might be thinking of when I hosted, but you didn't play that time.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options

You might be thinking of when I hosted, but you didn't play that time.

But I felt like I really decided which role was the best before. XD

Anyway, I'll just vote:

Cop and Tracker

I'm fine with a watcher/doctor to replace the tracker too. I can't really decide.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited March 2020
    Good morning! I just woke up.

I do agree that the Strongman is way too overpowered.

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Edit: Okay nevermind, I just realized that the Doctor can’t protect people from the Strongman. So to me the role to me is sorta useless. Then I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Watcher

image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Wagashi_MasterWagashi_Master Posts: 608 Member
    I think the mafia would have picked the strongman. It’s an overpowered role because it can’t be blocked or protected from, but it can be watched — which leads to my question, since the game starts at Day 0, does it mean we get to vote first our roles before the mafia? If yes, our votes would have an impact on which role they choose, right? If we think they’re going to pick the strongman, we would probably be leaning towards investigative roles like cop and tracker? If that happens, they might choose ninja or godfather, though I doubt they’d the choose the latter. After all, if we think they’re going to choose strongman, we’re not going to vote for a roleblocker since it’s useless against the strongman, so we’d lean towards the tracker or watcher which are useless for the ninja.

In short, if we vote before they do, I’d probably pick the cop and doctor. I can’t be too sure on which mafia role they pick, so it would be safe to have a role that investigates and another that protects.
    1b50d0714006f57e46f0a4530649b643.gif
  • Options

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Edit: Okay nevermind, I just realized that the Doctor can’t protect people from the Strongman. So to me the role to me is sorta useless. Then I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Watcher

Try not to edit your posts. We are not allowed to edit. You can just quote yourself and correct it in a new post. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I think the mafia would have picked the strongman. It’s an overpowered role because it can’t be blocked or protected from, but it can be watched — which leads to my question, since the game starts at Day 0, does it mean we get to vote first our roles before the mafia? If yes, our votes would have an impact on which role they choose, right? If we think they’re going to pick the strongman, we would probably be leaning towards investigative roles like cop and tracker? If that happens, they might choose ninja or godfather, though I doubt they’d the choose the latter. After all, if we think they’re going to choose strongman, we’re not going to vote for a roleblocker since it’s useless against the strongman, so we’d lean towards the tracker or watcher which are useless for the ninja.

In short, if we vote before they do, I’d probably pick the cop and doctor. I can’t be too sure on which mafia role they pick, so it would be safe to have a role that investigates and another that protects.

According to the setup, the Mafia should have already chosen their role before we went into Day 0 here. But I am not 100% sure how Mouse is doing this. Supposedly, the mafia should have picked the role first. Cuz it wouldn't make sense for mafia to pick a role after the town has voted.

Maybe Mouse can clarify. XD Cuz I literally woke up this morning only to know what setup it is and then Day 0 starts at 12pm my time. So yeah. :\
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Cop and Watcher

Try not to edit your posts. We are not allowed to edit. You can just quote yourself and correct it in a new post. :)

Oops, sorry. I didn’t know.

You have a really good point, but I think that this is a no-win scenario. If we vote for Tracker/Watcher, they’ll pick Ninja/Godfather. If we vote for Doctor, they’ll pick Strongman. Strongman makes the Doctor obsolete, while the Ninja makes the tracker/watcher obsolete. Like you said, no point voting for Roleblocker either since it’s useless against the Strongman.

I think the best case scenario is for there to be a Roleblocker, Tracker/Watcher, & Ninja. The roleblocker could block the ninja, if they somehow found out who it was, and the tracker/watcher would then be able to use their abilities. But alas, I highly doubt that’s going to happen.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Should we just assume the mafia has already picked their role? Or should we wait first for Mouse to confirm? Cuz I looked to see that my alignment PM I got was at 5am my time, and assuming everyone got theirs around at the time, I doubt the mafia made a decision in less than 7 hours unless both were online within that 7 hours.

Mouse also didn't really indicate if the mafia has picked the role or not.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Cop and Watcher

You have a really good point, but I think that this is a no-win scenario. If we vote for Tracker/Watcher, they’ll pick Ninja/Godfather. If we vote for Doctor, they’ll pick Strongman. Strongman makes the Doctor obsolete, while the Ninja makes the tracker/watcher obsolete. Like you said, no point voting for Roleblocker either since it’s useless against the Strongman.

I think the best case scenario is for there to be a Roleblocker, Tracker/Watcher, & Ninja. The roleblocker could block the ninja, if they somehow found out who it was, and the tracker/watcher would then be able to use their abilities. But alas, I highly doubt that’s going to happen.

Gurl, you edited again. -.- :joy:

Mafia is supposed to have picked their role first before we went into Day 0.

No, Roleblocker can screw up an investigative role unless that Roleblocker is really good and knows exactly who the mafia is and can target them to stop the kill (assuming there is no Strongman or if the strongman has already died and only the goon is left).
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    The way the setup works is that the mafia choose a role in there pm pregame and aftert that, everyone votes for a town role like you would lynch someone (except you vote for the one you want.) It functions like a normal day would.

Assuming that she understood my explanation correctly, which I'm assuming she did since she changed to having a D0, the mafia already chose there pm. So I think we're safe to assume that the maf already know their role.

I'm going to go ahead and Vote cop based on my explanation at the beginning of day. I'm still torn wether to go for Tracker or watcher. I'mma go back and look at which is which cause I always mix them up.
  • Options
    The way the setup works is that the mafia choose a role in there pm pregame and aftert that, everyone votes for a town role like you would lynch someone (except you vote for the one you want.) It functions like a normal day would.

Assuming that she understood my explanation correctly, which I'm assuming she did since she changed to having a D0, the mafia already chose their PR. So I think we're safe to assume that the maf already know their role.

I'm going to go ahead and Vote cop based on my explanation at the beginning of day. I'm still torn wether to go for Tracker or watcher. I'mma go back and look at which is which cause I always mix them up.

Edited typos
  • Options

Assuming that she understood my explanation correctly, which I'm assuming she did since she changed to having a D0, the mafia already chose there pm. So I think we're safe to assume that the maf already know their role.

Tracker means you target a person and you find out if that person visited anyone.
    Watcher means you target a person and you find out who else visited that person.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Cop and Watcher

Woops! I thought you meant we only weren’t allowed to edit the vote posts..
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Omg, I keep trying to edit my posts without even realizing! I almost edited my last post and right before I was about to click the save button I realized what I was doing. I think I have an addiction to editing posts..
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

Tracker means you target a person and you find out if that person visited anyone.
    Watcher means you target a person and you find out who else visited that person.

How I always remember is it that if I am targetting a player, I follow them and see who they go to visit.
    If I'm a watcher, I watch them like a spy from their house and see who visits their house.

XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Ok. Thanks. As expected, I mixed them up at the beginning of day which is why I said Watcher. Tracker would be better because we can see if our target visits anyone which will give us info as to whether or not the are a maf/pr. Watcher on the other hand just finds out if Someone visits them, so if the target gets visited by say the ninja and the town pr, the town pr would be wrongfully accused. Where as the tracker eliminates that posibility becausr the tracker only shows who theh visited...am I making sense? Its 4am here. XD.
    Anyway, Vote Tracker as my second vote.
  • Options

How I always remember is it that if I am targetting a player, I follow them and see who they go to visit.
    If I'm a watcher, I watch them like a spy from their house and see who visits their house.

XD

I never thought of it that way, but that makes so much sense. Thanks for the tip. :)
  • Options

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Cop and Watcher

No, it's for every post. This is to disallow cheating, or cover ups of slip ups, etc.

Ok. Thanks. As expected, I mixed them up at the beginning of day which is why I said Watcher. Tracker would be better because we can see if our target visits anyone which will give us info as to whether or not the are a maf/pr. Watcher on the other hand just finds out if Someone visits them, so if the target gets visited by say the ninja and the town pr, the town pr would be wrongfully accused. Where as the tracker eliminates that posibility becausr the tracker only shows who theh visited...am I making sense? Its 4am here. XD.

I think it's the same either way depending on the circumstances. A tracker can also track a townie who somehow visits the same person who also gets killed and can wrongfully accuse them.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Cop and Watcher

No, it's for every post. This is to disallow cheating, or cover ups of slip ups, etc.

I think it's the same either way depending on the circumstances. A tracker can also track a townie who somehow visits the same person who also gets killed and can wrongfully accuse them.

True. I didn't think about this. Like I said its 4am. My brain isn't functioning. Well, I still thonk tracker is better. Idk why. Lol
  • Options

So I guess I’ll vote:

Cop and Doctor

Cop and Watcher

That sounds confusing. XD

I meant like a tracker can track Person A and got a result that Person A visited Person B and then Person B died.
    x3vZicL.gif