Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mouses Psychic Detective Mafia - Mafia wins!

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm done with trying to halfway believe any of us can "water-witch" or somehow divine something completely random on the first day. I'm going back to a dice roll vote my first day, or just not gonna vote. And as for EMMM, I don't believe it's anything but a shot at a dartboard blindfolded, then retro-engineering explanations and machinations to ourselves about who and what is suspicious. The power of suggestion plus the human mind's ability to see connections and explain and make meaning even from random images.

I know that's gonna crank your chain, Dekay. But I can't make myself seem any less guilty to someone who is gonna see honesty as guilt, just because I wasn't cajoling enough. If you can't see who is guilty or not, admit it! Of course you can't. I don't have to put on an act. And when I get lynched and you all see I'm town again, you'll say it's my own fault for not being more of a sweetie-pie, and I'll just say it's your problem that you mix up whether someone acts like a sweetie-pie, with the actual logistics of the game.

In other words, whether someone is town or mafia does not correlate with how sweetness-and-roses they act, and you ought to know that.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NASCARluver2448NASCARluver2448 Posts: 860 Member
    I'm done with trying to halfway believe any of us can "water-witch" or somehow divine something completely random on the first day. I'm going back to a dice roll vote my first day, or just not gonna vote. And as for EMMM, I don't believe it's anything but a shot at a dartboard blindfolded, then retro-engineering explanations and machinations to ourselves about who and what is suspicious. The power of suggestion plus the human mind's ability to see connections and explain and make meaning even from random images.

I know that's gonna crank your chain, Dekay. But I can't make myself seem any less guilty to someone who is gonna see honesty as guilt, just because I wasn't cajoling enough. If you can't see who is guilty or not, admit it! Of course you can't. I don't have to put on an act. And when I get lynched and you all see I'm town again, you'll say it's my own fault for not being more of a sweetie-pie, and I'll just say it's your problem that you mix up whether someone acts like a sweetie-pie, with the actual logistics of the game.

In other words, whether someone is town or mafia does not correlate with how sweetness-and-roses they act, and you ought to know that.

you're so jumpy for only having one vote.
    This is real, this is me. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member

I get where Nush is coming from though. They’ve probably been mislynched a lot in previous mafia games, which is understandable to be mad at.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

I get where Nush is coming from though. They’ve probably been mislynched a lot in previous mafia games, which is understandable to be mad at.

Furthermore, I don’t think a mafia would get that mad at being voted on.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

no, he actually hasn't
  • Options

no, he actually hasn't

Then it’s probably because they’re getting mislynched on day 1 due to just one vote which was random too. They’ve barely even gotten a chance to play. I’d be mad too.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    I apologize for being so aggressive. It didn't feel like I was being aggressive at the time but it sure reads that way. I did some box breathing and it helped. It's not even about the game. It's other stuff.
    I talk too much about non-game things generally so I'm torn on whether to explain.
    If I get mislynched this time, it's not a huge deal. It's not personal.

The hubs came come from nearly getting killed on the highway in dangerous conditions (snow, limited visibility, slick wet conditions) because someone else did something really stupid, but he managed to avoid an accident. They ended up stopped, ON THE HIGHWAY, and having a confrontation in which his mind was blank with shock. When he made it home he was madder than I have ever seen him, face turned colors, using words I have never heard him utter, and in need of punching something. He was actually beside himself. It was a few harrowing minutes before he could explain what had happened. I wasn't afraid OF him (he is the most peaceful person I've ever known, and anyway, I'm 3 inches taller, 25 lbs heavier, and a lot stronger), I was afraid FOR him. I thought he might have a heart attack or something...he was not himself. This is a guy who is extremely hard to tick off. I managed to help him calm down, eventually.

But I noticed I was edgy as heck after, even though I didn't realize it til the next day. We've both been in life-threatening situations before, many times (he was an MP, I've been shot at though not in the military...we've both been in mortal peril before) but I never saw him like this, and it shook me.

So I'm not dodging responsibility if my behavior has been subpar. Just felt it necessary to explain that there was something going on that wasn't the game and I will try to keep my piehole shut better in future.

And I seriously don't know how to "act town" so that's a lost cause.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    Oh, that sounds awful, Nush! Sending best wishes to your husband and yourself! <3:*

thanks for that. Not trying to ruin the game for everyone. Didn't realize I was leaking emotion til I saw. He's okay, was pretty much just fine once he got through it, but I needed to take a step or three back.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Truthfully, I haven’t seen anything really suspicious and I don’t want to call someone out yet since I don’t have much faith in my luck or skills. By the way, has everyone answered Rose’s question as to which role the mafia would have likely chosen? I’m not sure if it would actually help, but we might as well try.

Oh, I didn't notice this. I would probably choose the Ninja, because Godfather isn't good enough and I know Town would have expected Strongman.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    My EMMM says Sophia and Wagashi. Not going to vote yet, but I am going to be keeping a closer eye on them now, haha.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    3 people so far have gotten Wagashi for their EMMM. That's pretty odd. Not that incriminating though.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

True that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    A lot of people are saying Wagashi but her questions regarding the mechanics of the game on day 0 sounds pretty town to me. She did ask if mafia had already voted on not, which I even forget to consider. And I feel like she wouldn't have asked that if she was mafia since this is also her probably first time playing the setup. Which is why I think she is town.

Rose looks townish but she is being too townish. 😂 I don't know if I like that..

I feel like Alexa is less townie than her usual self tho. Just a hunch. 🤷‍♀️
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

I never said my EMMM is like 100% correct all the time. Come on, now. 😂 I already said I like to just use random names to vote at the beginning to see people's reactions to it and stuff. I feel like if I don't do it, no one will start any good conversation and we'll be wasting day 1. 💁‍♀️ You've seen how good I can be at finding the mafia on day 1 and most of the time, it's not solely on guesswork. Or at least I think it's not. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe you see it that way, but I don't.

Honestly, I can't tell if this is a frustrated townie reaction or a frustrated mafia reaction. And I don't know why no one kinda seems to be saving you unless you're a mafia with a non active buddy, or you're actually a townie. 🤔 (See, this is me using my brain to figure out something and not just using guesswork. 😛)

And sorry about your husband. Glad he's okay tho. 🖤
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I wish City would talk more. I can never read her properly on day 1. I keep on forgetting that she's in games when she is in games cuz she's so quiet. 🤣🤣 But she's also one of the options for me to lynch today.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay, I'm really curious why I'm always in your EMMM XD

I don't have any suspicious just yet, but I probably will do EMMM at some point, just because I need someone to vote for.

Maybe your name is special. 😂😂 But I was right about you the other time.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Furthermore, I don’t think a mafia would get that mad at being voted on.

Yeah, they would cuz if one mafia dies today, the only other mafia has to go all the way to the top 3 and then beat that to win.

I know I would be frustrated if I was a mafia who gets killed with one vote.

But also from my perspective here, it isn't my fault if others don't vote. And I'm fine with mislynching anyway on day 1. Usually if can't make up my mind on day 1, I just vote out a quiet player. That's one less difficult player for me to read to care about.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Okay, does anyone here have any actual theories or ideas (doesn't need to be right or wrong, anything is welcome) other than their EMMM?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Unvote
    Vote: Alexa
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Okay, here's what I think:

Wagashi: Probably town
    Sophia: Probably town
    Rose: Seems kinda town but looking a bit too townish/helpful cuz she was so particular about the role votes and stuff but I think maybe she's just passionate about the setup since she hosted it before. That's my analysis of that anyways.
    Nush: More likely to be town now but still a chance to be mafia if their buddies with someone quiet, like City.
    Nascar: Could go either way since he didn't say much...
    Nerd: could go either way. Also didn't like her response to my EMMM.
    Alexa: Her response to my EMMM was kinda eh for me. Don't like it.
    City: Too quiet and too early for me to tell. All I know is that she said previously that she tries to talk more if she's mafia but I can't always count on this cuz she can also be mafia and is really busy or just trying to seem quiet so that I would pass her as town since she said she would act otherwise. 🤷‍♀️💁‍♀️

Overall, I'm fine with a Nerd/Alexa/City/maybe even Nascar lynch today.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Rose: seems like she wants the setup to go as smoothly as possible since she's hosted it before. but of course i could be entirely wrong with that Probably town

DeKay: seems pretty town to me. but I've always found it kind of hard to read her so i could be wrong.

Sophia: kind of harder to read as a newer player but i'm slightly leaning town

Alexa: Slightly leaning mafia just because of her answer to Dekay's EMMM

Nush: could be mafia with someone like city.. but leaning town

Nerd: Not really finding much to take anything from. i'm 50/50 here

Wagashi: its been a while so i have no idea how to read him. 50/50

City: way too quiet for me to even begin to attempt to read
  • Options
    Rose: seems like she wants the setup to go as smoothly as possible since she's hosted it before. but of course i could be entirely wrong with that Probably town

DeKay: seems pretty town to me. but I've always found it kind of hard to read her so i could be wrong.

Sophia: kind of harder to read as a newer player but i'm slightly leaning town

Alexa: Slightly leaning mafia just because of her answer to Dekay's EMMM

Nush: could be mafia with someone like city.. but leaning town

Nerd: Not really finding much to take anything from. i'm 50/50 here

Wagashi: its been a while so i have no idea how to read him. 50/50

City: way too quiet for me to even begin to attempt to read

Why you copying my answer for Alexa and Nush? 😂 😂 Hmm.

Also, did Rose even say anything on Day 1? I remember her being so enthusiastic about it on day 0 but can't recall if she even came her today. Never mind. I'll just keep an eye on her for later.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Not again DeKay!
    I´m just a bit more silent, because I still try to figure out how this game goes.
    I just can tell you that im town, as always. If I were mafia I would certainly be more talkative. Remember when I was mafia? I was always talking!
    But I can´t change your opinion so kill a townie like me. I wouldn´t be wise.