Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2021
    @emorrill
    So, it is her farther and as I understand it her mother know, but do not know about her witchcraft?
    Sebastian is very nice, so in love with her and in no way shows disapproval, although she is a very different girl and kept in from him until just now. <3
    She attempted to become a dragon – very opportunistic :)
    Wow you like extreme hair ;) sweet
    Very surprised she told another person more than se strictly had too. Let’s see if she will continue with the others.
    Always a joy to hear some 3DD – perfect lyrics for the episode
    Great update, lovely to get more of her background story.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@emorrill So good that we get more Answers!

Thank goodness that gorgeous Seb and Dr harvey know so they can help better if ever needed!

Will she tell All the others and will they be accepting? I think YES except for maybe Haley just might have a problem at first, it just seems like her personality isn't as accepting as the others, or it takes her longer to get used to new ideas and things. I almost have the same idea/feeling about Haleys BF, I don't know what it is, perhaps because they seem more superficial and not deep and loving and understanding like say Emily.

PS if you cont to make Seb so wonderful I might have to love him even more than Shane!!! Don't Tell Him! Shane Needs Fans! :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Tamijo So, the Wizard is Abby's real dad, yes. :) Her mom knows this of course, but does not know Abby inherited magic from him. ;) Her "father" who runs the grocery store in town doesn't know either of those things... But we're all pretty sure he has an idea that something is off because he's expressed to some townsfolk that he feels like Abby isn't his daughter because she's so "different" from him. (He's more referring to how she has nothing in common with him, doesn't really look like him, and jazz like that. Her being a magic bearer has never even crossed his mind. :p )
    Sebastian is very sweet. <3 I'd like to think that it stung a tiny bit to find out she'd been keeping all that from him, but he knows the culture and immediately understood why she did so he was very forgiving. <3 Plus, love conquers everything! :mrgreen:;)
    She attempted to become a dragon – very opportunistic :)
    ^Yep. Very! :grin:
    Yes I do like bold blue and purple colors. :mrgreen:
    Thank you for the sweet comments. <3
    You know I can never get enough of 3DD. ;) Their music resonates with me on so many levels. :star:

@DivaDoodle
    Thank goodness that gorgeous Seb and Dr harvey know so they can help better if ever needed!
    ^Indeed. :star:
    Will she tell All the others and will they be accepting? I think YES except for maybe Haley just might have a problem at first, it just seems like her personality isn't as accepting as the others, or it takes her longer to get used to new ideas and things
    ^She may tell them all at once just to rip the bandaid off, but like Harvey suggested, she might reveal it a little at a time to those she feels like she can confide that information in. However, they're a small group and rumors spread fast so...she may just go with telling them all at once.
    I'm with you that Haley might not be too accepting of it. Or she'll be like, "THAT'S why she's so strange!" You know? :p Alex, I'm not sure how he'll respond...working on that one. ;)
    PS if you cont to make Seb so wonderful I might have to love him even more than Shane!!! Don't Tell Him! Shane Needs Fans! :)
    ^Hee hee. My lips are sealed. :blush:
    Thanks for the comments. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everyone. :) I present the next part of Chapter 14. Enjoy! :blush:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 14

Meanwhile, while Harvey had been conversing with Abigail, Alex popped into Harvey’s room; the door was open.

Maru didn’t even acknowledge his presence as she was busy running some tests on a cockroach, but that was alright with Alex at the moment. He had no problem getting himself up there to approach her, but once he saw her, his feet glued themselves to the floor and he could feel his throat constricting. Why is this so hard? He tugged at his shirt collar. Just go up to her and find a way to ask why she told Haley that you beat her at soccer? It’s not like you’re climbing Stardew Peak or something! Quit being a wu'ss!

He could almost feel someone kicking his butt toward her direction, so he threw on his macho voice and greeted, “Hey Maru.”
    She only glanced at him for a second, before returning her eyes to the computer screen. “Hey.”
    “Working on something again?”
    “Yep.”
    “Don’t you have anything better to do?”

51131950622_ccde51b870_c.jpg

She sighed, before turning to the microscope and carefully studying the effects of the treatment on the cockroach. “Not really, honestly. This has actually been quite fun and rewarding helping Harvey with all this medical stuff. I’m learning a lot.”
    Like there’s much more you need to learn..., he thought. “Cool. What I’m trying to say is, would it kill you to just not show up here one morning, or two, and do whatever the h*** you want to do? Enjoy your time in this world.”
    “I am doing what I want to do.” Mostly.
    He slipped his hands into his pockets, unconvinced. “Really?”
    “Yes!” she stressed, her attention shifting to the machine popping out the compartment the cockroach was in at the conclusion of the experiment. It opened to reveal a still alive and well insect. “Wonderful!”

51133737205_264c365337_c.jpg

Alex stepped closer and grimaced as he looked at the filthy bug. “What were you doing with that thing anyway?”
    “Testing out a new drug on it.”
    His eyes bugged out. “What? You mean to tell me you two have been testing the drugs you’ve invented on cockroaches to prove whether or not they are safe for us!? Aren’t you supposed to be testing them on rats or something!?”
    Maru slightly rolled her eyes. “That would be ideal, but we haven’t been able to find any. Not even mice. So these guys were the next best thing.”
    “But they’re cockroaches!”
    “Who are very resilient insects which make them worthy test subjects. See, this one is fine. Most of the others came out fine too.”
    “Most? Okay,” he stepped back, “you two need to find an actual mammal to test this stuff on. I don’t trust the meds now,” he declared, raising his palms up.
    “Well if you’d like to volunteer to be our test subject, then step right up!” she gestured with her hand, resting it on her hip, and giving him a pointed look.

Alex couldn’t help smiling at the image that instantly entered his mind; him wearing nothing but underwear, being studied and probed by the cute scientist girl. It made him feel a little giddy, but Maru’s displeased expression at whatever he was thinking snapped him out of it. “Uh no...I uh...kinda like to take care of my body, as I’m sure you’ve noticed,” he ended with a smirk.

51133400919_fe9902f067_c.jpg

Maru huffed and turned away from him, pretending to type something into the computer. “Then don’t complain alright. We’re doing our best here.”

Okay, you’re getting nowhere Alex. “Hey c’mon, I’m sorry,” he sincerely expressed, almost placing his hand on her arm, but jer'ked it away. “You and Harvey really are doing some great work here. I didn’t mean to sound unappreciative.”
    “No, no, I’m sorry,” Maru surprised him by saying, shooting him a glance. “I’ve been in a mood since this morning, worried about Abby, and...I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.” While she truly had been feeling much concern for Abigail, seeing Alex again got her heart racing and made her feel all the more distressed. Every time she would see him now the image of him pinning her to the ground and looking down on her with that gorgeous smile was one she just couldn’t erase from her mind. She was beginning to hate it. It was creating all these feelings she shouldn’t have; didn’t want to have, especially for a taken man. Besides it’s ALEX! she would stress to herself. The jock from high school who always got on your nerves!

“Thanks,” Alex smiled. “That’s nice of you to say. You know…,” he somewhat hesitated, “you’ve kinda had me a little worried lately; taking off on me like that after our game. I thought maybe I...angered you or something.” Now his heart was racing.

51132836798_3efb3c7c07_c.jpg

“Oh, yeah...that,” Maru paused, feeling the blood drain from her face. Lovely. “No...you didn’t anger me. Just threw me for a loop that’s all.” It was very difficult to look at him now.
    “I didn’t mean to,” he softly uttered while lowering his eyes. “Didn’t realize what I was doing until after I did it, you know...?” He looked back up at her to catch her expression.
    “I know...It was just one of those ‘awkward moment’ things.”
    “Yeah.”
    “So no biggie.”
    “Totally.”
    “Maybe...we can just forget it ever happened?”
    “Yeah. No problem.”

The two rocked on their heels a bit, exchanging glances. Finding it hard to keep them set on each other.

51133401004_3285c028f1_c.jpg

Neither realizing that the other didn’t exactly want to forget, but knew it was for the best.

“Anyway,” Alex spoke, “I wanted to ask you something. Something I can’t wrap my head around actually.”
    “Oh? What’s that?”
    He paused for a moment. “Why you told Haley that I beat you at our soccer match when you clearly roasted me.”
    Greeeat. Maru thought, lowering her head. Should’ve expected that.
    “Why did you do that?”

51133400859_a804005d55_c.jpg

It took her a few seconds to gather up a response. “Look, I don’t really like to talk to her okay. She always has something snobby to say to me. So I just said whatever to satisfy her and make her go away. That’s all it was.”

51131950667_61feb242a5_c.jpg

Alex could understand, but he wasn’t buying it. “How could you seriously not tell her you beat me? Throw away the perfect moment to show up the girl who thinks you can’t play a sport to save your life! I’d be voicing it all over town if I were you!”
    “I’m not one to brag like that Alex.”
    “Why not?” he snipped. “I saw that pride in your eyes when you kicked my trash. There’s nothing wrong with showing a little pride in yourself, especially being as smart as you are. You don’t have to be so modest all the time.”
    “It’s not about modesty it’s about,” she struggled, “keeping certain things or feelings within yourself because they’re better left there. So you don’t end up getting misjudged or ridiculed. You wouldn’t understand...” She was divulging more than she had intended, but she could never let him know the real reason she lied to Haley in that moment.

Alex just shook his head, not understanding like she said. “Okay, whatever. I just can’t seem to get you Maru…”

There was a moment of silence before she said, “It’s because we come from two different worlds...”

51133737255_3f03ab70bb_c.jpg

He lightly nodded, understanding that. “Well, that may have been true in high school, but...we’re not in high school anymore.”
    She stared into his eyes, studying them. Her soul began to feel a sense of relief and hope.
    “I’m sorry I was such a j*rk to you back then,” he continued, to lighten the tension, “but it’s only because I was jealous of your smarts. I’ll admit it!” He spread his hands apart for emphasis.

51132626556_d6b5ae804a_c.jpg

She cracked a smile.
    “And I know Haley was rotten to you too and I’m sorry about that, but we’re all more mature now. Things are different. I want them to be different. Cause I gotta tell you I had so much fun playing soccer with you. I wanna play with you again. Do a rematch.” He winked.
    “I had a lot of fun too,” she admitted.
    He was glad to hear it. “Well, would you look at that? The jock and the whiz-kid actually having a great time together. Who’da thunk it?” he playfully said.
    It made Maru blush as she shook her head.
    “Guess that means we’re...friends?” he asked, his heart hoping for it more than he realized.
    Smiling brightly, she replied, “Yeah. Friends.”

51133737330_c34fbc8ef1_c.jpg

“Sweet.” There was his gorgeous smile again.

51132626631_7252275f61_c.jpg

For the next few minutes they talked about other fun things they could do together that were not sports related; Maru leaning more towards educational activities like discussing a book or stargazing. She was pleased to see him show some interest in doing those things.

Pretty soon he needed to take his leave.

“I better get back to Haley downstairs; she’s waiting for me.”
    “Oh. Right. Of course.”
    He smiled at her reaction there for a moment. “Look...I know Haley’s not the easiest person to get along with, but...maybe you could give her a second chance? Like you’ve given me?”

How could she not? Especially when he said it with such a tone of appreciation. “Yeah,” she nodded. It wouldn’t be easy, but she would try for her new friend.
    “Thanks Maru. That really means a lot to me. Catch you later.”
    “See ya.”

51133737425_e656c78913_c.jpg

Downstairs, while Alex and Maru had been chatting, Haley grabbed a banana from the kitchen, brought it out to the foyer, and ate it while leaning against the wall; waiting for Alex to come back down. She couldn’t help taking notice of Sam playing foosball all by his lonesome. It made her laugh for a second, but soon she found herself giving him the once over again, still hardly believing he was that same scrawny kid she grew up with. He’d always been second on her list in the cute guy department, but he never seemed to quite measure up to her tastes. Now it seemed like he was measuring up rapidly, forming into a man, and the thought made her start to enjoy that banana a whole lot more.

Sam may have shot a few subtle glances in her direction, gradually getting turned on by the sex appeal she was exuding wearing such an outfit and consuming a banana. Alex is SUCH a lucky man!

Soon Haley discarded the banana peel and started approaching him. It excited him, but he decided to play it cool and act like he didn’t notice, just to see what she would do.

51132836903_029eb7b80f_c.jpg

“Hey Sam,” she greeted in a cutesy tone. “LOVE what you’ve done with your hair.”
    Score! “Thanks,” he answered with a prideful grin. “Wanted to change things up a bit, get a fresh new look.”
    “Well it totes rocks! Looks similar to how I color my hair.”
    Well how about that, he gleefully thought, giving her a grin. He didn’t even realize.

“Is there a reason why you’re playing foosball all by yourself?” she asked. It seemed utterly embarrassing to her for someone to do that.
    “Yeah. I’m practicing. So Seb will quit kicking my a--, I mean, butt, at this game!”
    She tittered. “What was that all about? Correcting yourself there?”
    “Oh, uh,” he sheepishly began, “I’ve been trying not to cuss lately. My mom’s never liked it when I do, so...I thought I would honor her by not doing it; being away from her and all.”
    Haley thought that sweet, even if it seemed kind of silly to her. This would be like the perfect time to curse without all the nagging if you ask me! “Well...if you’re gonna be a Rockstar someday,” she countered, “you’re gonna have to curse. It comes with the territory.”
    He bobbed his head. “I dunno. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there…,” he trailed off, focusing on his solo game again. “Score! Yes!”

“Here let me join in,” she insisted, stepping forward and positioning herself. “I’ve never really played this before, but it’s better than watching you play it all by yourself.”
    “Oh, uh, okay,” Sam agreed with surprise.

51132837008_d3d2341069_c.jpg

He was going to love this; not just for being able to experience what Sebastian does when playing against him.

As they started playing, Haley asked Sam about his plans on becoming a Rockstar. His responses were filled with such excitement and conviction that she began to feel he might very well have what it takes to make it big. It sparked a little envy within herself.
    “I sure wish I had your confidence,” she said. “Gosh what I’d give to tour the world like that and take pictures of it. Grow and build a reputation for myself as a photographer. To the point that magazines, even museums, would be begging for my photos!”
    Sam smiled.
    “A life like that sounds so carefree and gratifying!” she blissfully sighed. “The exact opposite of the life my parents want for me…”

51132836978_a42ed86373_c.jpg

“What life is that?”
    “Pfft! To marry some rich guy, be his maid, and give him babies. NO thanks! I mean, I’d take the riches, absolutely, but the other two things, h*** no!”
    That wasn’t surprising to him. “So just tell them that’s not the life you want to have. You’re over eighteen now. Your life is yours to live however you want.”
    “Oh I know it! And I’ve told them as much, but they seem to think they know what’s best for me,” she said, giving him an expression of utter disagreement. “But whatevs, I really don’t give a frick. I’m gonna date who I want and be who I want. And they’re just gonna have to deal. I ain’t gonna be tied down to a life that I don’t want. I’ll never be happy.”
    Sam nodded. She wasn’t wrong there.
    “What a surprise they’ll be in for when we return home and they see that I’m finally dating Alex!” She snickered.
    Sam didn’t really wish to acknowledge that, so he just put more focus in on the ball and the tiny plastic men that he was controlling.

When he made the first goal, Haley cried, “What gives stupid foosball players!? You’re supposed to be doing what I order you to do! You’re not!”

51133737155_514e143854_c.jpg

Sam chortled.

He scored a second time and cheered loudly just to tease her. “Yeah! Alright!”

51132626691_ca2c35a82a_c.jpg

“No fair!” Haley cried.
    “Way fair!”
    “Not when my bad hit made the ball wander over towards my goal!"
    “It was a beautiful set up and I thank you for it,” he smirked.
    She shook her head with a tiny smile. “J*rk!”

“Oh come oooonnn,” she whined. “When am I going to make a goal!?”
    “Bring me your A-game and maybe you will,” he grinned.
    “Oh I’ll bring it baby!”

51132626711_18ccf23eec_c.jpg

She called me baby! He nearly squealed, but instantly cleared his throat. Geez Sam quit being so lame.

Haley sure was trying, but failing miserably at properly controlling each row of plastic men. It seemed clear to Sam that she didn’t have the kind of coordination required for this game and his swooning heart took pity on her. I’ll just let her win, he decided. I know what it’s like to lose to someone who is clearly better than you. Gotta try not to make it super obvious though…

He loved witnessing her bright grin and gorgeous eyes light up when she made her first goal.

“I DID IT!”

51132836963_054085f53d_c.jpg

“Nice job,” he complimented.
    Something about his tone made her shoot him a look. “That seemed a little too easy. Are you going easy on me!?”
    “No!” he instantly blurted out. “Why would I do that?”
    “Cause Alex does that to me all the time.”
    Cr’ap. But a beautiful moment just presented itself and he gladly went for it. “Well,” he eyeballed her with pride and affection, “I’m not Alex…”
    Her cheeks blushed.
    Okay maybe I shouldn’t take it AS easy on her… he thought, wishing to be honest. He really wanted to prove that he was the better man, even though oftentimes it felt like he never would be.

Something got Haley playing with much more determination and attitude as the game went on. It was turning into quite the match! The two were enjoying it immensely.

51133737175_20d6be5d8e_c.jpg

“First person to score five goals wins,” Sam announced.
    “Hey we’re both halfway there already!” Haley grinned.
    His brow furrowed at her comment. There’s not a half in five when it comes to gaming. Poor Haley. Oh well! He chuckled. He didn’t care if she wasn’t the smartest girl in both worlds, her beauty more than made up for that.

The fight to make the fifth goal became intense. Sam was just a split second off at blocking Haley’s direct shot into his goal. He almost cursed as he lowered his head.

“WOO HOO! I won! I can’t believe it! Yay me!” She clapped her hands.

51133400744_530c5432a8_c.jpg

Annnnd once again I lose to someone at this stupid game, Sam thought. But he recognized this was a bit of a milestone for Haley so he was genuinely happy for her. He gladly took the loss.

He stepped over to her side of the table and brazenly said with a pointed finger, “You girl, are the foxiest woman I’ve ever lost a game to…”

51131950532_9b8283687f_c.jpg

Foxy? That’s a new one. She liked it. “Is that so?” she asked with a tilted head and coy smile.

51133737115_4c0363a288_c.jpg

“Absolutely.”

51132626181_12b30ed3eb_c.jpg

“Thanks.”
    “I sure hope Alex tells you things like that; how pretty you are.” Easy Sam...don’t wanna overstep the bounds...
    “He does,” she answered, “just kinda says it a little too much you know? To the point that it gets kinda old.”
    Sam honestly didn’t expect that kind of response and wasn’t exactly sure what to say for a moment. He certainly never wanted to say anything unkind about her boyfriend, even if he didn’t care too much for the guy. “Well...I guess he just wants to make sure you know how much he thinks it and how much he cares about you.”
    “I guess,” she simply responded. “Anyhoo, speaking of Alex, I’m gonna go check on him up there. I totally expected him to be down here by now.”
    “Maybe he’s visiting Abby?”
    “Maybe. Said he wanted to talk to Maru. Bet she’s chatting his ear off about a bunch of scientific cr’ap. Perhaps I should go save him.” She winked.
    He shrugged in a neutral response.

“Well, catch you later alligator,” she said as she headed for the stairs.
    “Catch you later.”

Sam couldn’t take his eyes off her as he watched her leave. The way her hips sashayed, jiggling her cute butt. It made him bite his lower lip. Then hearing her heels clicking on each step, showing off her smooth, sexy legs as she ascended the stairs, turned his breath into inaudible moans. Oh what he would give if she could be his girl. I’m gonna need a cold shower…

51131950457_b4752b3737_c.jpg

Just as Haley reached the top of the stairs, Alex almost bumped into her on his way down. “Hey!” they said at the same time, smiling broadly. Soon they were in each other's arms, kissing intensely. Releasing suppressed sexual desires that somehow surfaced earlier on each other.

To be continued. :)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

I almost said lovely new chapter :D, but lovely part of the current
    chapter.
    Alex and Maru had a good chat, and Hayley seems to be interested in Sam cant wait to see
    what you plan for these.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Update! Yeehaw! LOL. Got my country girl hat on today. 🤠 I'm sipping coffee and reading your wonderful update.
    haha, that was me kicking his butt from so far away!

It's funny that he doesn't realize some people actually enjoy learning and also doing their jobs. I hope Maru can teach him that and perhaps he can teach her about having more fun in life as well. :grin:

lol at his naughty boy image of the scientist and the athlete. B)

BTW, Maru looks awesome in her tight sexy sweater! I'm actually kinda proud that Alex didn't have his eyes fixated on the cleavage. :grin:

Great conversation they had. I'm proud of Alex for apologizing for his past teen behavior. I'm glad Maru didn't run away and hide from him too. She is still hiding the real reason, but I can understand her hesitation at this point. I'm glad they agreed to be friends and hope they get to play again sometime or just do something fun together.

lol, you did not just go there with the banana images. :blush:

I'm surprised at Haley's dream job but it kinda makes sense for her as she would be in the spotlight as the photographer. I was picturing her more wanting to be in the limelight like a superstar model.

Cute and fun playing Foosball together. Sam was sweet letting her have the goal and then declaring he didn't let her. Liar! But a kind one. Dag, did he let her win? I expect her beauty distracted him from playing his hardest. Your girls got some kinda magic power to make guys lose at every game they play together? Have you ever played Foosball? It is not easy to win against someone who knows what they are doing.

Sam's got it bad. Haley just enjoys the adulation. Does she even really think about the guy that is there? It could be anyone across from her and she would behave the same way. We already saw what happened with Harvey and her mindset. lol I'm still not fond of her...at all. She's beautiful for sure and she knows it and her effect on guys, but her inside is not pretty at all.

Thoroughly enjoyed the update and waiting for more more more.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sam couldn’t take his eyes off her as he watched her leave. The way her hips sashayed, jiggling her cute butt. It made him bite his lower lip. Then hearing her heels clicking on each step, showing off her smooth, sexy legs as she ascended the stairs, turned his breath into inaudible moans. Oh what he would give if she could be his girl. I’m gonna need a cold shower…

Me too, Sam.... me too. :mrgreen:

And the banana story, so tempting. o:)
    BTW, Maru looks awesome in her tight sexy sweater! I'm actually kinda proud that Alex didn't have his eyes fixated on the cleavage.

Absolutely! If we didn't know better I'd say she knew he was coming and chose that top on purpose. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30
    I almost said lovely new chapter :D, but lovely part of the current chapter.
    ^Lol! :lol: You're okay. <3 My chapters are too darn long sometimes. :p
    Haley does seem to be expressing some interest in Sam isn't she? Naughty girl! She's dating someone! :grimace: But...it's okay to notice when people are good looking. Just gotta control your actions on it. ;)
    Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the comments. <3

@bekkasan Aww, wish I could see your country girl hat. :blush:
    haha, that was me kicking his butt from so far away!
    ^LOL! :lol: Yep, we'll say that was you. :mrgreen:
    It's funny that he doesn't realize some people actually enjoy learning and also doing their jobs. I hope Maru can teach him that and perhaps he can teach her about having more fun in life as well. :grin:
    ^Yeah for Alex it's all about fun fun fun! And learning and work don't seem fun. :lol: Perhaps she will. :smirk: I think they could learn a lot from each other. <3
    lol at his naughty boy image of the scientist and the athlete. B)
    ^Hee hee hee! :mrgreen:
    BTW, Maru looks awesome in her tight sexy sweater! I'm actually kinda proud that Alex didn't have his eyes fixated on the cleavage. :grin:
    ^Thanks. :blush: And indeed. 👍
    You know, I wasn't even thinking about how it showed off her cleavage when I put it on her. :lol: I was just like, "This is cute and it will show off some of her curves." :p I'm imagining that she just mindlessly threw on something that morning so she could go over and check on Abby and her brother. <3 Without realizing what it was showing off. :p
    I think Alex is seeing the light that there's a life past high school and there's things he's gonna have to embrace and accept if he's going to survive in it. :)
    lol, you did not just go there with the banana images. :blush:
    ^I did. :smirk: I totally wondered what you would say about it. ;):p
    I'm surprised at Haley's dream job but it kinda makes sense for her as she would be in the spotlight as the photographer. I was picturing her more wanting to be in the limelight like a superstar model.
    ^I understand you picturing that more. I kinda was too in the beginning, but as you play more in Stardew Valley you find out that she loves to take pictures and has her own darkroom at the back of the house where she develops them (that she shows your character when you gain enough hearts with each other). I didn't properly portray her interest in photography at the beginning of the story - kinda kicking myself there, but it's all good - but she indeed loves fashion as well. Anything (especially what's easy) to get her in the limelight she'll pursue. ;) I thought it was interesting that they had Emily loving fashion, making her own clothes, and dreaming of making it big in the fashion industry and had Haley pursue being a photographer. It seems like it would be the other way around, but oh well. :p
    Dag, did he let her win? I expect her beauty distracted him from playing his hardest. Your girls got some kinda magic power to make guys lose at every game they play together? Have you ever played Foosball? It is not easy to win against someone who knows what they are doing.
    ^He kind of did, but I was thinking like you that her beauty was distracting him a bit. :smirk:
    Yes, I've played foosball. :) Sam's not very good at the game either - a little more than she is - so she's not playing against someone who's super good. ;)
    Haley just enjoys the adulation. Does she even really think about the guy that is there?
    ^She very much does.
    Normally she wouldn't care which guy was telling her that, as long as she could hear it, but...she's finding herself getting attracted to this new Sam...for some reason. :smirk: We'll see what happens. :mrgreen:
    I loved reading your comments, always do. <3 They get me smiling. Thank you. :kissing_heart: I hope to get to writing the next part very soon cause it's one I'm really looking forward to writing. :mrgreen:

@KevinL5275
    ^Hee hee. Your reaction does not surprise me. :mrgreen: I love it!
    ^I knew that would get your attention. :smirk::lol:;)
    Absolutely! If we didn't know better I'd say she knew he was coming and chose that top on purpose. :D
    ^Maybe there was this innate sense? ;) j/k But possible.
    Or...maybe since Alex made her feel a little pretty the other day, she wanted to feel that again by wearing something that shows of her body? Who knows. :) I'm just thinking out loud at the moment, haven't had these thoughts previously. I love how all of y'all's comments get be thinking things. :blush:
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Well I am behind as usual. I somehow unsubscribed from this thread and just thought you took a long break @emorrill

Loved Maru whooping up on Alex. That was AWESOME! Geeks rule.

And the scene between Haley and Shane was so well written. (I mean it's all well written but... you know what I mean) Now Shane understands why she was so worried about her sister and disliked him. The scary thing is, a lot of us young dumb girls have been in a 'similar' situation as Haley. It does teach you life lessons.

Great job.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5275
    ^Hee hee. Your reaction does not surprise me. :mrgreen: I love it!
    ^I knew that would get your attention. :smirk::lol:;)
    ^Maybe there was this innate sense? ;) j/k But possible.
    Or...maybe since Alex made her feel a little pretty the other day, she wanted to feel that again by wearing something that shows of her body? Who knows. :) I'm just thinking out loud at the moment, haven't had these thoughts previously. I love how all of y'all's comments get me thinking things. :blush:

Hey, I am a red-blooded guy, you knew what you were doing. :mrgreen: And so did Haley.
    I'm a leg man, as well. <3

Its funny how you write the story with one thing in mind, and we the readers think of something completely different that you didn't think of, right?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Hey chica. :grin: Great to see you pop in. <3
    Sorry you accidentally "unfollowed" the thread. :( I'm glad you double checked. I can see how you would think I had taken a break. :kissing_heart: My writing is helping me get through it all. 👍
    Loved Maru whooping up on Alex. That was AWESOME! Geeks rule.
    ^Yes they do. :mrgreen:
    The scary thing is, a lot of us young dumb girls have been in a 'similar' situation as Haley. It does teach you life lessons.
    ^Indeed.
    Thank you. <3 Can't wait to read your thoughts on the next few parts. :mrgreen:

@KevinL5275
    Hey, I am a red-blooded guy, you knew what you were doing. :mrgreen: And so did Haley.
    ^Okay...I did. :smirk::p;)
    And Haley always knows what she does. :p
    Its funny how you write the story with one thing in mind, and we the readers think of something completely different that you didn't think of, right?
    ^Yes! :smiley: It kinda fascinates me sometimes...
    Is that what's supposed to happen when you're an awesome writer? ;) (Sorry, really not trying to toot my own horn or anything... :blush: )
  • Options

@emorrill
    Like the Alex & Maru story-line, may be the opposite attraction that fascinates.
    Guess I agree with him of the cockroach, not sure I would like to try everything a cockroach can survive :)

“I know...It was just one of those ‘awkward moment’ things.” - “Yeah.” - “So no biggie.”
    “Totally.” - “Maybe...we can just forget it ever happened?” - “Yeah. No problem.”

Lovely: Another awkward moment, talking about an awkward moment. JUST KISS HER!!

“It’s because we come from two different worlds...” well yes….. but
    Friends (is a four-letter word) remember?

The episode with Sam & Haley does not consume me the way Alex & Maru does. But they are cute together, another version of opposite attraction.
    Like the fact that Haley, who the surface seems a bit shallow, has a wonderful dream of a quite artistical future life. Just as he has the music.
    She is quite cute, in that barbie-world way that most men can’t resist.
    Easy Sam...don’t wanna overstep the bounds Ya and you are quite close already
    I’m gonna need a cold shower… I bet.

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    @Tamijo
    Like the Alex & Maru story-line, may be the opposite attraction that fascinates.
    ^It's a storyline that attracts many people, even me. :blush:
    And because it's you - and my musical tourettes - here's a song that goes perfectly with it. :p
    "Opposites Attract" - Paula Abdul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweiQukBM_k
    Lovely: Another awkward moment, talking about an awkward moment. JUST KISS HER!!
    ^Ha ha! :lol: I love this comment so much!!! <3:star:<3
    (Maybe I wanted them to...just a little... :p )
    well yes….. but Friends (is a four-letter word) remember?
    ^Indeed. :smirk:
    I think it's so much better for relationships when they start out friends first, but...some folks have proven us wrong. :)
    Yep. Haley and Sam have some opposites, but they are more alike then they realize.
    Like the fact that Haley, who the surface seems a bit shallow, has a wonderful dream of a quite artistical future life. Just as he has the music.
    ^Yes. :blush:
    Did I do well portraying how a man feels around a hot woman? :p
    Thanks for reading and for the comments. <3
  • Options

Ya lovely song, heard it not to long ago actually, brilliant video too - cutting edge back then.

Did I do well portraying how a man feels around a hot woman? You did, especially if the man is young and a bit insecure.

NB: Not sure about the relationships - I think it's more 50% - 50%. Sometimes love can be instant.
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @emorrill : what a great story!
    Finally I was able to catch up and I had a blast in reading.

I like how you´ve discibred Shanes struggles and his cold turkey and how Emily was there to help him! It was a supergirl action in my opinion, because withdrawals under such circumstances must be very very hard, much harder than having a withdrawal in a hospital!

Leah and Elliot lead a very stable, a bit boring, relationship, I hope that they can marry soon and maybe they get a baby in Appaloosa Plains? It depends on how long the friends will have to stay there... (I don´t want to critizise your writing, just their relationship, you can´t do anything against it, you just described it!)

Harvey and Penny seem to be the perfect couple, too, but I have a strange feeling that there will be some problems on the way. Furthermore I feel very very sorry for them that they still had not woohooed, in my opinion it would be better to woohoo a few times before you plan to marry. I know that many people think that this is wrong and that if two people love each other every problems will solve magically. But having a relationship without knowing how you like the sex with your partner is wrong in my opinion... o:)

Alex and Haley.... It seems as if Alex slowly develops a brain and knows that there is something missing in his partnership with Haley. Although I don´t really think that they have a real relationship, they just happen to sexual attracted to each other and live that out. A relationship should be based on more than that! (so what Harvey and Penny don´t have Alex and Haley have too much of, maybe they should compare their experiences and think again if they would go on like that further... :D
    I like the thought that Alex is attracted to Maru and wish I could read more about them!

I so love how Abigail decides to learn more and more about her magical power, it is just so sad that she had the experience that magical people are treated really really bad in her society! I just wished that she trusted Sebastian muche earlier, I have the feeling that he wouldn´t have denied her at any time!
    Good that she was finally able to open up on Sebastian AND Harvey! It must be so relieving for her that both of them reacted so positive about her being a witch!

Poor Sam, feeling so small in contrast to the other boys! I love it that he decides to get better and that he pulls it off too! He even is now on Haley´s radar because of his new physics. I just don´t think that she is the right person for him... He needs someone who is much more stable and resting in itself!
    (sorry, but I think that Haley is a very shallow person, although there are some approaches of her being able to have some deeper thoughts, especially when it comes to her sister!)

Well, I have to admit that there must be a wizzard, this can´t be interpreted differently anymore... :D

I just wonder about the stars that appeared when Shane and Emily and Abigail and Sebastian kissed the first time and why that didn´t happen when Leah and Elliot and Harvey and Penny kissed the first time...

I have a song playing in my mind soon after you´ve described the first star:
    https://youtu.be/vOekyGlGhCY
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    @emorrill re Haley : '' Or she'll be like, "THAT'S why she's so strange!"'' LOL YES!!! sooo perrfect!!!😁😂🤣

I LOVE the whole talk while Maru is experimenting on that disgusting roach! I hope she washed her hands!!! :#

Glad that Maru will try to give Haley a 2nd chance. That's hard to do, I'm sure!

Haley cracks me up in her thinking like, it's embarrassing to play foos ball alone!
    or ""Well...if you’re gonna be a Rockstar someday,” she countered, “you’re gonna have to curse. It comes with the territory.”'' LOL What!?!

Sam is so cute in how he thinks!

PS I am writing your Mother right this minute about the banana thing!!! :o LOL

Great Update!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Found your thread as well.=) @emorrill

49437453776_c47f045217_c.jpg

LOL.I think that would be my expression as well!
    Dang, wish I could wake up somewhere with a beautiful body.XD
    The poses you used for the first few photos were spot on!
    Aww, I hope she won't drink herself to death! :o Poor Penny!

Yeah, panic attacks are not fun! I can vouch for that.
    Hyperventilating just makes things worse penny.
    thing she finds is a Graveyard and won’t be able to resist waiting until sundown at the chance to see a ghost, especially one from this mysterious new world.”

-raises hand- Let me come along! That's right up my alley!
    I love a good haunting.XD

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Stardew Valley, but your story makes
    it seem very interesting.

leaving off on pg 1, chapter 1.
  • Options
    @Tamijo
    Ya lovely song, heard it not to long ago actually, brilliant video too - cutting edge back then.
    ^Indeed it was. :star: Hubby told me the exact same thing actually. ;)
    My favorites of Paula's are "Straight Up" and "Cold Hearted Snake." :)

@AlexaKry Yay you caught up! :star: I know it wasn't easy for you so it warms my heart that you kept up with it. :kissing_heart: Thank you. <3<3
    I researched as much as I could on alcohol withdrawal and recovery when writing Shane's character, so that it wouldn't look like I didn't know what I was talking about. :lol: Indeed Emily is one of those rare angels that the world needs more of. :blush:
    Ha ha! Leah and Elliott do kind of have a boring, normal relationship. :lol: (no offense taken. ;) ) I plan to change that in later chapters. :) Just a little. Cause they haven't gotten much love lately...
    I will gladly say that there won't be any problems with Harvey and Penny. :blush:
    Furthermore I feel very very sorry for them that they still had not woohooed, in my opinion it would be better to woohoo a few times before you plan to marry. I know that many people think that this is wrong and that if two people love each other every problems will solve magically. But having a relationship without knowing how you like the sex with your partner is wrong in my opinion... o:)
    ^I completely understand why you feel that way. <3 Makes a lot of sense really. I grew up in a religious culture where it was a very big "no no" to engage in sex before marriage so I grew up around hundreds of couples who had wonderful marriages and they never had sex before each other. Hubby and I too did not engage in any sexual relations before we married each other and it was...interesting (to say the least) learning about sex with each other. :lol: I'll admit it wasn't the best in the beginning, but it got a whole lot better. :smirk: But yeah, all my life I never knew any different than that so a part of me feels like it's a real beautiful thing when a couple learns together - after marriage - about sex. I tend to incorporate it in my stories mostly to honor my heritage. :) Anyhoo.
    Alex and Haley's relationship really is purely sex driven and yeah, that doesn't usually last long. :( Will that change? Guess we'll see.
    (so what Harvey and Penny don´t have Alex and Haley have too much of, maybe they should compare their experiences and think again if they would go on like that further... :D
    ^Right!? :lol: I love that comment!
    Abby wishes she would've told Seb about her gift sooner too. ;)
    It's true that Sam deserves a little better than Haley, but maybe - as you've seen some good in her - more of that will come out in her and she will be deserving enough of Sam. :) We'll see!
    The stars did appear for Elliott and Leah and Harvey and Penny. :star: In the earlier chapters. So no worries there. ;)
    Ooooh you have a song for me. :mrgreen: Pretty. <3 The video was pretty epic too!
    Thank you for the wonderful and thoughtful comments. They were a joy to read. <3<3

@DivaDoodle I would imagine Maru had some hand sanitizer nearby. :mrgreen:;)
    Haley's basically saying to Sam that all Rockstars curse so if he chooses not to, he's gonna be the odd one out. :p
    PS I am writing your Mother right this minute about the banana thing!!! :o LOL
    Nooooooooooooo! :scream:
    ;):p:lol:
    Thank you. <3 Glad you enjoyed it!

@GraceyManor Hey! :smiley: Thanks for popping in girl and awwww, you're starting at the beginning? You're too sweet. :kissing_heart: I hope it will continue to be a joy for you to read.
    Dang, wish I could wake up somewhere with a beautiful body.XD
    ^Right!? :lol::star:
    I have crazy anxiety, but I never experienced a panic attack until COVID blew up and all the store shelves were empty and all that jazz... :cry:
    Oh you like a good haunting huh? :smirk: You ever been on a ghost tour?
    In Chapter 1 on my Blog I introduce the characters just before the chapter starts, if you feel like checking that out. If not, don't worry about it. :)
    Thank you for the comments. <3

Throwing this random song out. :mrgreen: It's entered my mind a couple of times when writing about Sam. Like everyone else around him is hooking up and having a great time and he's just standing there like, "Okaaaaay. Anyone up for a video game? Foosball? No? Guess it's just me..." *sigh*
    :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9fMBJn0TUM
  • Options

That is a great song for Sam! I hope things change for him. Perhaps he could meet an Android that is really not an Android? lol, I really don't like Haley!

You did too good a job making her so easy to not like and since I'm not a boy (snicker @KevinL5275 ) and swayed by her curves it will be hard for me to see a change and like her.

I'll try though!! I promise. I'm trying to remember and abide by those lessons and verses on forgiveness from the pastor. :wink:
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    That is a great song for Sam! I hope things change for him. Perhaps he could meet an Android that is really not an Android? lol, I really don't like Haley!

You did too good a job making her so easy to not like and since I'm not a boy (snicker @KevinL5275 ) and swayed by her curves it will be hard for me to see a change and like her.

I'll try though!! I promise. I'm trying to remember and abide by those lessons and verses on forgiveness from the pastor. :wink:

@bekkasan I love this post so much! <3:star:<3 Thanks for being so sweet. :kissing_heart:

I'm glad you liked the song. It's a good one from my teen days. :blush: All too relatable. :lol:
    Honestly, I'm still working out some details with Haley's character development so we'll see what happens. :)
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Great updates! I'm glad I got all caught up now. I still have to say that Haley is my favorite of the female Sims, I have a thing for blondes. (Hair color really doesn't matter to me, but it seems most of my crushes have been blonde). However, I still think she needs to mature a bit more, she can be kind of uppity at times. I really am starting to think that there will be a shift in the relationships. I think Haley and Sam will get together and that Maru and Alex will too. I just hope it doesn't cause issues within the group.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor Yay! I'm glad you got a chance to get caught up. :kissing_heart:

You know, my crushes have always been guys with brown hair so I get it. ;)

We'll just have to see how things go. :smirk: Thanks for the comments. <3

***Will be posting the conclusion of the Chapter very soon. Stay tuned everyone. :) ***
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I'm really excited to share this one. :mrgreen: So I won't say anything more and just let you read. ;) Enjoy! <3

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Conclusion to Chapter 14

That evening, Abigail joined up with Sebastian in his bedroom to hang out for a bit before heading home to rest.

For the longest time the two just stood in the middle of the room, Sebastian holding Abigail in his arms, lightly rocking her, as she pressed her cheek against his chest. It was difficult to let go.

51141899510_6909359fb2_c.jpg

“I’m so glad you’re okay,” Sebastian whispered to her.
    “Me too,” she whispered back, nuzzling his chest for a second. A smile stayed on her face as she closed her eyes and released sweet breaths of relief and happiness. She’d been waiting a long time for this...and hardly believed it would ever come. “I love you,” she had to say again.
    “I love you too,” he returned, holding her a little tighter.

51141010008_77e679c878_c.jpg

Then Abigail’s eyes popped open, debating within herself again - previously doing so before entering the room - on whether she should tell him about something. Something she may have learned while in a coma when the Wizard’s mind had melded with hers. She wasn’t completely sure on how to feel about it and needed to talk it out.

“Seb?” she addressed, while breaking their embrace. “I need to tell you something.”

51141572084_6c562a91a1_c.jpg

“There’s more?” he asked with a winking smile.
    “Yes,” she replied, keeping her face straight. “It’s about the Wizard.”
    The seriousness in her eyes held his attention. “Yeah?”
    “Yeah. When he taught me things while I was in the coma, I,” she paused, “saw things. Images from his past flashing in and out of my mind. A few in particular were somewhat...unsettling. Initially I thought it was just my mind going bonkers, but,” she swallowed, “after thinking on it for a bit...I realize they were events that actually happened.” Her heart beat nervously and her cheeks began to heat up.
    Sebastian could sense her distress. “What is it?”

“I think,” she struggled for a moment, “I think the Wizard is my real dad.”

51140798906_eaf024af88_c.jpg

Sebastian did a double take at her with wide eyes. “Oh my gosh!”
    “I know…”
    “How? I mean...what!? What exactly did you see to come to that conclusion?”

51140798831_5ce921dcba_c.jpg

“My mom...and the Wizard...together.”
    His eyes widened. “Together in what way?” Oh boy I hope she didn’t see them having sex!
    “As boyfriend and girlfriend,” she replied, thinking back on what she saw.

51141899825_9655eeb2ac_c.jpg

“I think my mom was around my age, maybe a little younger. The Wizard was clearly older than her, probably about a five year difference in age.

They were in love. Deeply in love. I could feel it as surely as the love I have for you.

51141572014_ebe1fbe0cd_c.jpg

They even talked about making a life together. My mom looked so beautiful! I’d never seen her so happy.” Tears welled up in her eyes as she said it.

51141010163_e3aba43bc1_c.jpg

Her glistening eyes made Sebastian’s begin to form tears as well.

“It was a time when magic was practiced freely in Pelican Town,” she continued, closing her eyes and only imagining how wonderful that must’ve been.

51141899640_cb60de9838_c.jpg

“The Wizard, his real name being Marlin Rasmodius, would practice his magic and show off his skills to my mom all the time. She loved watching him do it.

51141899415_35b2604e38_c.jpg

She was his cheerleader and support on the sidelines whenever he struggled with spells and would become discouraged.” She cracked a smile, realizing where she got it from. “They seemed inseparable,” she paused, her tone then turning grave, “until something awful happened that tore them apart.”

Sebastian gave her an anxious, questionable look. “What?”
    “The memories there were a bit faded,” she said, pressing her fingers on her forehead. “From what I could gather...one evening, the Mayor at the time, was on a stroll with his wife when he suddenly started choking and collapsed dead on the ground. After the autopsy, Doctor Harris revealed he could find no physical cause of death so immediately the townsfolk became convinced that it was magic.”
    Sebastian rolled his eyes. “Figures.”
    “So with Rasmodius being the only magic bearer in town, that they knew of,” she added with an eye roll as well, “the blame was placed on him, especially with the Mayor’s wife screaming her convictions that it was indeed magic. From what I could see and feel...it caused a mass hysteria among the townsfolk. Like...their whole world got turned upside down. Something they once thought was harmless and just a part of certain individuals, turned into a stealthy murder weapon. And it frightened them.”

51141572154_0a10c42429_c.jpg

“So that’s why they cast the Wizard out and started teaching that magic is evil and made it forbidden,” Sebastian deduced.
    “It makes sense,” she shrugged. “What I saw next was the law coming after Rasmodius to arrest him. My mom was with him at the time. He wouldn’t have it...because he wasn’t guilty. He didn’t mean to use magic to defend himself, but his emotions were heightened and he struggled to hold it back. That didn’t make him look any less guilty…”

51141899385_52f956b7a9_c.jpg

“Geez…”
    “He held them off for a bit, but as more townsfolk appeared on the scene they helped the officers tackle Rasmodius to the ground and tie him up. My mom begged them to release him, beat her fists upon them, until someone forcibly pulled her back.”
    “Your ‘dad?’” Sebastian assumed.
    “No...one of my grandparents. It was gut wrenching. I could see her screaming ‘MARLIN’ at the top of her lungs with terror in her eyes and tears streaming down her cheeks. Most likely fearing she’d never see him again.”

51141899365_0036a6dac5_c.jpg

Abigail licked her dry lips as she wiped the tears away from her eyes, sniffling. It was never easy seeing her mother cry, especially like that. Sebastian ran a tender and caring hand down her back.

“Next I saw a small trial happening at the old Community Center,” she continued. “It was swift and with a biased jury. They were just about to pass an obvious sentence when a friend of Rasmodius’ named Lewis…” she paused to give him a look like, ‘You know who that is.’
    “The Mayor!”
    “Yes. He’d just been appointed, but anyway, the new Mayor Lewis stood up from the audience and gave one last plea for Rasmodius’ life, greatly stressing that there wasn’t a murderous bone in his body and that he was indeed, not guilty. He also pointed out the severe lack of evidence pointing him to the crime. Most everyone was still not convinced. He then said to the Judge, ‘As Mayor of this town I motion for a banishment, not the death penalty. After midnight tonight, Marlin Rasmodius is hereby banished from Pelican Town for life and if he shows his face in this town again, he will be put to death. I will make sure of that.’ The look he gave Rasmodius was one of, ‘I really wouldn’t do that buddy, but you have to cooperate with this or you face death.’ I could feel the dagger in Rasmodius’ heart. Because of Lewis’ position the Judge ruled on the banishment, which of course not everyone was okay with, and Rasmodius left town that night. He stayed close in the woods...because of my mom. He hoped she’d come with him.”
    “And of course we know she didn’t,” Sebastian said with a sorrowful look. “Why? Were you able to find that out?”
    “I think so,” she rubbed at her forehead again. “One memory showed them in the woods with my mom balling to Rasmodius about how she wanted to be with him, but her parents forbade it for all sorts of valid reasons. I couldn’t tell if they threatened to disown her if she ran away with him but it was all a bunch of complicated stuff and I could feel that it was killing her as much as it was Rasmodius.” She shook her head. “Ultimately they parted ways with broken hearts…

51141571909_08f6f1e060_c.jpg

...There was so much more involved in it Seb, I know it, but I just couldn’t make out all the details!” she breathed in frustration.
    “It’s okay,” he soothed, “don’t overwork your mind. You need to take it easy.”

After composing herself, she continued. “The last thing I remember seeing was my mom in the tower, it was like a year or two later cause she looked different, informing Rasmodius that she was getting married the following morning. She bid him one final and painful goodbye, and he kissed her and she kissed him back. Soon things got heated up and they had one last night of passion together.”
    “Oh gosh please don’t tell me you saw images of THAT!”
    She chuckled. “No, thank goodness. That’s about when Rasmodius stopped speaking to me and I started to regain consciousness. Funny how I was able to see and process his memories while he was teaching me stuff at the same time!”
    “Yeah, that’s pretty awesome!”
    “But I’m beginning to wonder if that’s when I was conceived.”
    “Woah…”
    “I know! Sorry. But in my heart I know it’s the truth Seb,” she said, holding her hand to her chest. “Because how else was I born with the gift of magic? Why have I always felt this mysterious connection to the Wizard? I remember hearing a few times that I was a ‘honeymoon baby’ and with my dad always talking about how he feels like I’m not his daughter, it all makes sense. He had to have known my mom was still in love with Rasmodius, yet he married her anyway. Perhaps it was all arranged to keep her away from Rasmodius. And it’s pretty clear my dad doesn’t know I’m the Wizard’s daughter. Who knows if the Wizard even knows! My mom has kept it a secret. I’m just not sure how to process all of this and I’m kinda heartbroken over it…” She lowered her head, the tears escaping again. “Why was I not told about all this? I had a right to know!”

51141010028_7b6f4279cd_c.jpg

Sebastian quickly enveloped her in his arms as she sobbed. “There’s so many unknowns in all of this Abby,” he tenderly said, “and yes you did have a right to know...but for some reason your mom felt it best to conceal it. I would think it was to protect you. You won’t know until you see her again and ask her about it. But it’s okay...it’s all gonna be okay.”
    “Will it be?” she countered. “This could destroy my family Seb! I love my dad! I don’t care if he’s not my real dad, he’s the only dad I’ve ever known. But now I love the Wizard and I just,” she choked, “I just can’t lose them both!”
    “You won’t,” he said, wishing he could promise it. “The four of you will work this out someday.” He released her from his embrace and lifted her chin with his finger. “Maybe you’re just the one to make that possible; to make it all right. And no matter what happens through it all, I’ll be here for you. Forever.”
    “I know you will,” she sniffed. “Thank you Seb. I love you so much.”
    They kissed deeply.

51141899720_ce19cb0c80_c.jpg

At the end of the kiss, Abigail gazed at him with love and admiration in her eyes. “How’d I get so lucky getting a man like you?”

51141010138_469772fc4e_c.jpg

“Baby, I’m the lucky one,” he simply replied, with the same love and admiration in his eyes.

51141899780_aee1b1bb9d_c.jpg

She blushed. It really will be okay, she told herself. It will. With Seb by my side, I can fearlessly face the world now. Heaven forbid I lose everything else in my life...at least I know I’ll always have him.

Together we’ll make history.

Back in Pelican Town, the Wizard Rasmodius stepped away from the cauldron and slumped down into his favorite chair.

“She knows...I should’ve known that would happen.”

He rubbed at his forehead and then ran his hand down his face, gripping his bearded chin with a smile.

“Good.”

A/N: This will be a long one folks so prepare yourselves. :lol:
    I'm writing this to give y'all a refresher and to also inform those of you who have never played Stardew Valley about a few things. :)

In Stardew Valley the Wizard's name you come to find out is: M. Rasmodius. Because the M is never revealed - that I know of - I decided to scratch it from my story and just use Rasmodius as it is clear that he prefers to be called by that name. Well... it was scratched until now as you can see. ;) I felt to incorporate it at this time as I would imagine that anyone who knew him personally, especially in the way that Caroline did, would know his first name and call him by such. I feel it adds a little more depth to their relationship and to the story.

Some players speculate that the M is Merlin, but that's just silly (imo) so I went with a different name: Marlin. I'm not sure exactly why that name came to me, but it fits. (At least...I think it does. ;) )

Next, let's talk about Mayor Lewis. :)

Some of you may have wondered - after reading a scene in a previous chapter - why or how the Mayor knew Rasmodius well enough to rush over to the tower, before the angry mob of parents, and warn Rasmodius of their arrival. :blush: Because CLEARLY if magic is so awful and forbidden why would the Mayor of all people have a relationship with the Wizard? One strong enough that he would want to warn him that his life was in danger. Now you know why. ;)
    Here is that scene again in a Spoiler if you need a refresher. :blush:
    Last scene in Chapter 8:

Thousands of miles away – witnessing the day’s events which traveled through the cosmos by way of the most advanced magic known to man – and projecting into the Wizard Rasmodius’s cauldron, he stood over it gripping his chin with his finger pointed toward his mustache, scratching at it for a moment. “Interesting…,” he slowly uttered.

50165052861_44a9bc4c43.jpg

A sudden, forceful rapping on the door startled him out of his thoughts which caused him to turn sharply, his cape obscuring the cauldron. He didn’t even have time to respond until a tall man wearing a brown cap promptly let himself in, frantically shutting the door behind him and turning down the latch while panting. It was Mayor Lewis.

“Rasmodius!” he wearily addressed, stepping closer. “I have a mob of parents and caregivers with weapons and torches coming up the road who are sick with worry and anger. I can no longer hold them back. They’re convinced you’re the reason for their children’s disappearance. Are they correct!?”
    The Wizard folded his arms and simply gave the Mayor a blank stare.
    “🐸🐸🐸🐸 if you ARE responsible then you must TELL them or there’s no telling what they’ll do to you. They have a RIGHT to know!”
    “If they destroy me,” the Wizard spoke, “they’ll never see their children again. And I don’t mean that as a threat!”

The Mayor gave him a perplexing gaze. “What have you done with them? Where ARE they!?”

Numerous sharp kicks to the door instantly rang through the air, breaking it sliver by sliver, and rattling the door latch, to which Mayor Lewis threw his arms over his head and cowered towards the floor.

The Wizard Rasmodius, however, stood his ground, readying himself to meet the mob.

50165052876_257e284632_o.png

When the door came crashing to the floor and the Pelican Town residents raced inside with fury in their eyes and raised weapons, Rasmodius cast forth his hand and shouted, “BE STILL!” A bolt of light shot out from the palm of his hand and produced a magenta colored, floor to ceiling immobilizing barrier that penetrated the mob, instantly stopping them in their tracks. The Mayor gasped and scooted himself away from the transparent shield while the members of the mob grunted in frustration, being unable to move an inch.

“Your suspicions are correct residents of Pelican Town,” Rasmodius addressed them while snapping his finger which put out their torches, “but you need not fear. If you give me the chance I will tell you where your children are and why. They are safe and happy, I assure you. But if you destroy me with this tower, not only will the blood of an innocent be upon your hands, but your children will never return to you…and I do not wish that as much as you don’t.” He particularly met the gaze of Abigail’s mother, Caroline, whose eyes were glistening with tears; the only one not carrying a single weapon in her hands.

The mob fell silent.

“Now, when I free you,” he said in a calmer tone, “I will explain the Quest I sent your children on in its entirety, but know this…I cannot simply bring them back. Only they possess the power to do that now. So hear me…listen…and understand.”

As I was writing this scene I discovered that another little detail about The Mayor (from Stardew) got woven into my story without realizing it. ;) When your personal Stardew character meets Mayor Lewis for the first time he introduces himself and goes on to say this:
    “I've been Mayor of Pelican Town for over twenty years! No one ever runs against me when it's time for an election. I like to think that it means I'm doing my job well. I like being Mayor.”
    Seems kinda proud of himself doesn't he? ;) Honestly, I never had an issue with him. Always seemed like a decent guy, just trying to keep the peace in his town. (Who's totally having sexual relations with Shane's Aunt Marnie in secret, but-- :lol: that's a story for another time. :p )

So he's been Mayor for over 20 years. Abigail is 21; and she mentioned him just being appointed at the time of Rasmodius' unfair trial. He promises the public that he will keep the Wizard out of town as long as he is Mayor.....and in my imaginative mind this is why the townsfolk have never felt to replace him. "The Mayor is doing things right. Honoring our culture and customs. Why would we want to vote in someone new that will change things and possibly let the Wizard back in..." You see where I'm going with this? I just found it to be a little cool. :blush:

Lastly I would like to throw in this fairly short, very informative article for those of you who don't play Stardew Valley on why there has been suspicions that Abigail is the Wizards daughter since the beginning of the game. :blush: Enjoy!
    https://www.cbr.com/stardew-valley-why-wizard-is-abigails-father/

As always, thank you for reading. <3

Oh and of course I have to throw in this gloriously fitting song that applies to Rasmodius and Caroline going their separate ways. Something happened in my story where it actually fits and I can finally share! :lol:
    (I shared it before, but it was a teaser. That doesn't count. :p )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJQ6yveYH0
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Oh you like a good haunting huh? :smirk: You ever been on a ghost tour?

I actually do paranormal investigations in my free time.
    Been on MANY ghost tours, some not so pleasant lol.
  • Options

@emorrill I loved this update! Beautiful pics of the two of them. Loved the first pose particularly! I definitely would like that one!
    I'm so happy she is sharing with Sebastian now too. That bodes well for their future together.
    Sebastian is so supportive and that is just as I pictured him.

Love the story she told from the memories she was able to see. I loved how you did the flashbacks. Mom was very pretty! I can see where she gets her looks.
    The wizard was very handsome in his youth! :love: Yes! Such a sad story and blaming magic and the wizard for the death of the town mayor. I think they should have looked stronger at his spouse. It's always the spouse ya know! lol

The intensity in the picture of the wizard using his magic was just awesome. Great capture!

I love how you are sharing the lore and how you've incorporated into the story some of the things from the game.

I do agree, she should have been told once she was old enough to understand, but it does seem that her Mom has withheld that from her Dad even though he has made remarks that she is not his. I expect he was joking like Dad's will do when kids are so different from the parent. He still raised her and hopefully he loves her.

Loved it, ready for more! :grin: Get cracking! :kissing_heart:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top