Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @GalacticGal, awkward Erik is fun. I love the way you manage to balance the "famous Erik" and "teen Erik" elements of his character.

Wow, thank you so much!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    @GalacticGal I ran into something very similar to the festering grudge Kayleigh had. It was with my werewolves Ava and Rory. In order to get into the Wildfangs and to keep her participation up to par Ava sparred with Rory a few times. They were just friendly sparring matches but in one match Rory beat Ava and she got banged up a bit too. So now a couple of sim months down the road Ava still gets an angry moodlet around her wife because of that one sparring match. Nothing clears it. It almost feels permanent, but it hasn't caused any problems so far. It's just been an annoyance.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I built my first micro home lol…
    During winter lol

Gonna play Bella Goth through the Detective Branch… Idk what after… But with some sims— It can be fun.

rdSdyuW.jpg[img][/img]cZj4DNF.jpg[img][/img]tNOCEs7.jpg[img][/img]
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    My renovation of Tartosa's best ristorante is nearly done. Before I go any further I want to say a heartfelt thank you to the creator, Kathi1304, for designing and sharing the lovely lot that is the base for all my redecorating.

I have a few little details to fill in and a couple of questions to sort out. Here are a few daylight shots of the exterior and the second floor dining room/nightclub. It's actually kind of nice that the white line marking the boundary of the lot is still visible even though I have the grid off. When I get to the nighttime shots, I noticed something I've never seen before. It might not be anything new, but it's a first for me. Enough babbling....
    5tgwzT8.png
    yKY23BN.png
    mGoPECo.png
    wckSy52.png
    iSI6vUX.png
    ZFLciN8.png
    irN9eGd.png

The club and dining area at night. I'm kind of jealous. I'd love to hang out, sipping wine, eating manicotti, and listening to music.
    67yo5Aq.png
    R25rhZU.png
    fQRPRal.png

I made one small change to the balcony, I swapped out the chairs for something that has more of an outdoor bistro feel.
    1yUAl21.png?1
    The outdoor dining area on the ground floor. Here is where I started learning some interesting, and frustrating lessons about build mode. I tried to apply some horizontal ivy vines from Mutske to the railings. It worked on the ocean side and water fall side railings. The railing at the back...it would only allow me to apply it to the foundation at ground level. So I swapped it out for some bushes. I noticed the bushes poked through the railing on the waterfall side and the back, the ocean side they weren't. So I thought I'll just slide them closer using MOO. Nope, as soon as the bush made any contact with the railing it bounced up onto the deck itself. So I ditched it all for some flowers.🤣
    iUxrkzO.png

If you look really close at this picture, under the table at the base of the umbrella pole, you'll see a tube looking thing. It's a neon letter 'I' by Syboubou. It conceals nicely under the table and gives the deck a cool glow at night...
    iKYzQKM.png
    H0eGXFd.png

I hid two more neon lights in the vines by the windows, so the whole deck is lit...
    H5BCZFD.png
    HCRmtPs.png

That brings me to the other weird thing. There are only four neon lights on the lot and they're all on the deck, and yet they are effecting the color of other lights. They turned the exterior lights on the front of the building the same color. They also turned those lighted bollards I mentioned earlier the same color and the lights along the waterfront in front of the restaurant too.🤣
    rru1Nc0.png

Since the neon lights affect lights that aren't even on the lot I'm debating whether I want to keep them. Then there's the whole ambience to consider. Simple candles might be more appropriate for a perfect romantic atmosphere.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Anyone been on YouTube and checked out this video (yet/ before) called:
    - Game Theory: The unsolved Lore of The Sims (Bella Goth Mystery) - By YouTuber: - The Game Theorists - ??
    I watched it and personally found it very interesting and really drew me in.
    Suggests that Dina & Nina Caliente are behind the WHOLE thing…
    Got thinking about it since starting to play around with Bella Goth’s life..

TpodZra.jpg[img][/img]
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Very nice job, @DaniRose2143 . Yes, the lights turning other lights a different color is a very interesting dilemma. I may also be inclined to go with candles, as you suggested. But the entire atmosphere you've created is lovely.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I ran into something very similar to the festering grudge Kayleigh had. It was with my werewolves Ava and Rory. In order to get into the Wildfangs and to keep her participation up to par Ava sparred with Rory a few times. They were just friendly sparring matches but in one match Rory beat Ava and she got banged up a bit too. So now a couple of sim months down the road Ava still gets an angry moodlet around her wife because of that one sparring match. Nothing clears it. It almost feels permanent, but it hasn't caused any problems so far. It's just been an annoyance.

I went back in time, to try to avoid this whole grudge thing. My mother held one against my father for years after the event. It was wholly uncalled for. Dad made a mistake when invited to attend a boating/fishing thing, or whatever it was. He brought my only brother along. When he got there people asked where my mother was … . She should have forgiven him and forgot the entire thing. He heard it was a man's outing. Misunderstandings can cause serious harm to relationship. Kayleigh doesn't have the jealous trait, yet she's still a Teen as is Erik at this moment in time. However, she has managed his fans quite superbly so far, until they got to the dorm. :open_mouth: I just would rather not go through this with her. Sooner or later, he's bound to lose patience with her and well, and so it goes …
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Thank you. I wanted to create the perfect spot for Matteo’s proposal. At first I just wanted to do something small to give it just the right atmosphere, and I wasn’t sure if I’d keep the lot as a restaurant permanently. I got going, I got into it, and now I have a new place for the couples to hang out. Someday the owners may buy out Celebrazioni and open a newer bigger ristorante.

The thing between Ava and Rory over the sparring match hasn’t bubbled over into anything. They get along fine, but Ava keeps getting that moodlet when Rory is around. It’s really weird.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @GalacticGal I’m so happy things are working out for you!

I loved the University Updates with Erik and Kayleigh (spelt the name right this time!). They had a nice holiday too!

I admit that it’s awesome to see so many fans gathering around Erik, and there’s a part of me hoping to see one of my twins in the background! At least, if they are in the save still, that would be epic!

I did notice quite a few of the Island Living premades though. And Paka not being dressed for the weather, lol. If it was one of my twin mermen, they are immune to the effects from weather, so it doesn’t matter how they dress (unless they need to blend in with humans). However, I don’t think Paka is a mer that has immunity to weather conditions… I mean, my merfolk thrive in extreme heat or extreme cold that they might experience in the polar seas or near deep sea volcanic activity, but Paka isn’t like them…

But, you can always tell when a mer, merman, or mermaid is present… they don’t exactly dress the way humans do… looking at you Ukupanipo and Paka’a, you guys never wear shoes when you need too! And watcher forbid you dress for anything other than the tropical islands… :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member

@Karababy52 , Thank you :) Yes, i hope she shows up more when Ginger has canoe :P
    oh yeah the garden bug, its so different in different peoples games. As said mine, only fertilizing reverts them always, nothing else, yours just trip to other lot is sometimes enough :(
    @DaniRose2143 , great job of the reno, now i need to find my first ever picture of said restaurant.. lets just say it was "Golden" xd

Found it, hehe, this is first thing i saw after following my sim, Tessa , inside
    sAzGk6x.jpg

My game tonight? nothing as been busy setting up stuff in challenge, but while searching that restaurant pic, I found these, from the time I genderswapped Sulani for fun :P

Hoapili
    iItvccP.jpg

Kealoha
    R7DfFKT.jpg

Ngata/Illes
    pQ6v3OK.jpg

Kahananui
    laomEyl.jpg

Merfolks
    42NJZ4s.jpg

Sorry, most likely reposting these pictures, but al where in this thread, if they were, 3 years ago.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu I love your genderbends! How did you get the Ngata/Illes picture?!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @Metior_Ice , thank you , tomorrow I take pics of your girls, I was going to do earlier, but was busy :smile:

I used poseplayer and custom pose. now I dont use those anymore , but cc poses were used on all pics :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    In today's installment of Wyrd Girls...

Chapter 29 - On Location

"I can't do this," Miranda said desperately.

"Take a deep breath," Cassie said. "Find your center and be calm. If you still don't think you can do it, we'll talk to the director."
    aKsNDFX.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    I just uploaded a new lot for Granite Falls to the gallery. Not much changed from the original lot. The most major change is a place to swim. Other than that, I simply added content from other packs and gave the lot traits and challenges.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited September 2022
    Apologies for being quiet lately, i've been busy wrpping up 1989 so here goes!

My sim self has a new partner. Her name is Elena Alverez. She is a colleague of my sim self's ex-wife Liberty. They began to date in the Autumn of 1989 shortly after my sim self's middle son Andrew had died. They grew closer together each day and enjoyed being in eachothers company. Elena also being a divorcee from her first husband so the both of them had plenty to talk about. Elena and her family originally lived across the street from my sim self in 1980 however the game moved them around a lot! Elena's mother Penelope eventually settled for Alexander Goth and now resides in Willow Creek.

3oV0oox.png

They eventually get together in the Winter of 1989 (Riku photobombint the last picture!)
    Oywe7wb.png
    eIHVuMW.png
    MiqkUds.png

They spend a few weeks making wedding preparations and they finally walk down the isle two days before New Years Eve!
    zHRvvOo.png
    mDlSWbm.png
    UQYJBVu.png

Here are some of the wedding guests dancing the night away!
    Sptdy11.png

New years eve 1989, friends and family gather at my sim self's parent's house to bring in 1990!
    bBrAEIO.png
    1EN1D4Z.png

After the wedding my sim self and his new wife move back to Newcrest to the house he built in 1979 where six of his children were born and raised meaning Beatrix and her boyfriend grant have house swapped with Elena.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Working on starting a new save.

Redoing a lot of buildings that I'd added to my game to replace them with ones that have fewer rooms so I can fill in smaller families this time around. If I see a house with 5 bedrooms - I MUST fill it with 5-10 sims... That's just me. So I'm trying to bulldoze out any residential lot with more than 2 bedrooms.

That's taking a while.

I'm also slowly filling in the world with some of my old households and some new ones. Some of which already exceed my desired size limits so I'll then be going in and deleting some of the household...

Probably going to use this as opportunity to rethink a few mods too.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, I just finished making a Desert Planet Home. It's very round with lots & lots of lights. And of course my favorate, the Foxfury Statue Tree around the fence. :p
  • Options
    Sorry, the new lot should be on the gallery. I didn’t realize that I had a connection issue with the gallery.

Anyways, gameplay is done, and tomorrow, I’m going to work on the story if my house doesn’t lose power.

Hurricane Ian is making a direct hit where I live tonight and tomorrow… I can hear the wind moving through the trees with headphones on. I’m optimistic that everything will be fine where I’m at. I am worried about people near the coast though.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice, be safe. Hope your optimism proves correct and all is well.
  • Options

Well, I’ve had what appears to be a few power flickers, but this isn’t my first hurricane. I remember the 3 hurricanes that came through when Charlie hit. Those were category 2 hurricanes, but they did more damage than the Category 4 or 3.

I mean, regardless of the category, a hurricane is still a hurricane. Right now, the biggest risk, biggest danger, is storm surge and flooding. I’m not in an area that is at risk of that.
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

Well, I’ve had what appears to be a few power flickers, but this isn’t my first hurricane. I remember the 3 hurricanes that came through when Charlie hit. Those were category 2 hurricanes, but they did more damage than the Category 4 or 3.

I mean, regardless of the category, a hurricane is still a hurricane. Right now, the biggest risk, biggest danger, is storm surge and flooding. I’m not in an area that is at risk of that.

Stay safe. All the people of Florida are in my prayers.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Well, I just finished making a Desert Planet Home. It's very round with lots & lots of lights. And of course my favorate, the Foxfury Statue Tree around the fence. :p

When you are able, will you please post a picture of it? I would love to see this. :)
  • Options
    @Brd709 I am so happy your Sim-Self found love again. Hopefully no trust-issues will hinder their new life together. Best of luck.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    This happened yesterday, though at this point she'd quit acting to go back to college. Now she's out of college and back in the biz. Her first post-graduation gig is today!
    52392004542_c1df4c0476_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    In today's installment of Wyrd Girls...

Chapter 30 - Sunny Days and Cold Nights

I'm in a movie, Miranda thought in wonder.
    OBeAo5k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top