Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    For merfolk, I could spin a story where vampires try to use their power for their own gain, but in so doing, my merfolk could gain more power from the change in weather and turn the tides against the vampires. The only thing limiting a merman or mermaid’s power is their hydration. Merfolk have limitless power in the water, and they can have potentially near limitless power in the rain considering that they can regain hydration because of it.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Ooof! The most awful and annoying thing happened in my Generations Challenge… but also through it learned an interesting fact I was unaware of…
    My sims fiancé, mother of the Heir, Rick Rasoya ended up burning alive after an encounter with the Dryer went wrong— the nanny was right there… Did nothing but a panic dance then fled the home…… World’s worst help. Thought/ thinking of firing him for this.
    But learned unlike a played sim, a roommate who is killed RETURNS to the family, as a roommate immediately!
    Crazy nice discovery made in the worst fashion…

uuUkk3Y.jpg[img][/img]
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Thank you for the welcoming comments @DaniRose2143 and @GalacticGal. I've still been following along with your stories and enjoying them, just have been quiet. It's great to be around a bit more again.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @Metior_Ice You've certainly got some interesting challenges ahead of you for your storyline. I'm glad you were able to catch up on Erik's Saga, as it's quickly becoming. I know many were screaming out for Teens to be more like Teens, but all I can say is there are some Teens mature enough to make the kind of decision Erik has made. My Sixth great-grandparents married at ages 15 and just 16. Of course in their Era (18th Century) Teens were already considered grown, too. My own parents were married for 56 years before Dad passed away. They were 18 and 19 when they got married, had to have parents sign for them to do so. The fact that now my early graduates are all in Uni, and both of them see the other as crushes is amusing, at best. I will continue to persevere. I will not allow myself to be defeated by some very interesting and trying decisions made by the EA Team. I have spend hundreds of dollars on this game since 2005 and no respect from the franchise, whatsoever.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @Metior_Ice You've certainly got some interesting challenges ahead of you for your storyline. I'm glad you were able to catch up on Erik's Saga, as it's quickly becoming. I know many were screaming out for Teens to be more like Teens, but all I can say is there are some Teens mature enough to make the kind of decision Erik has made. My Sixth great-grandparents married at ages 15 and just 16. Of course in their Era (18th Century) Teens were already considered grown, too. My own parents were married for 56 years before Dad passed away. They were 18 and 19 when they got married, had to have parents sign for them to do so. The fact that now my early graduates are all in Uni, and both of them see the other as crushes is amusing, at best. I will continue to persevere. I will not allow myself to be defeated by some very interesting and trying decisions made by the EA Team. I have spend hundreds of dollars on this game since 2005 and no respect from the franchise, whatsoever.

I left an awesome, but I feel ya on the EA choices. It’s not a secret that I feel like they could have done more with ts4 merfolk. I chose to buy the sims when Island Living came out because of merfolk, but it was the ts3 merfolk that got me interested in the franchise because of the underwater gameplay and a few other gameplay elements. When they made merfolk in the ts4… it really didn’t meet my expectations when compared to the expectations I had from the ts3 merfolk. Still, I’ve invested too much time and money on the game… And I’m at a point where I know I won’t buy ts5 because of my experience with ts4, but I’m also not about to stop playing ts4 either.
  • Options
    But, I will say this… if they do an Island Living refresh and my minimum expectations are met for merfolk gameplay, I might change my mind. Of course, my expectations for ts5 without a refresh for ts4 Island Living, are extremely high… The possibility of them meeting those expectations is so low without an Island Living refresh… and I won’t be buying TS5 until merfolk become available anyways.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    First Term Adjustments, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

“All cried out?” Erik said, gently, when Kayleigh joined him in the corner bedroom he shared with Aaron. Erik was seated at his desk, working on his Term Paper.
    E5OIKBR.jpg

“Yeah, I think so,” Kayleigh said as she took a seat at the third desk in this room. She also had a Term paper to begin. She chose to juggle between the presentation board and this, since they still had two days before classes began, in earnest. “I just hope the dress I want will still be available in three years.” Her sigh was heavy. Erik swiveled in his desk chair to gaze at her sympathetically.
    khwu0w1.jpg
    “So, why wait three years to get it? If it’s the one you want, go ahead and put it on order. I’ll even pay for it. I want you to have what you want. I see no reason to let our parents’ plans interfere with our own.”
    “Are you serious?”
    “Yes. In fact, I insist.”
    Kayleigh swept the new batch of tears from her cheeks. “Now, I can concentrate on this paper. I love you so much. Thank you.”
    J3D9lUb.jpg
    “I just want you to be happy.”

Come Sunday, most had their homework done. Erik got himself ready for the Show. When he failed to emerge from the Communal Lavatory, Kayleigh went in to check on him. “I see you’re dressed, and you look very dapper in your new suit. So, what’s wrong? Don’t you have to get going?”
    “Yeah, yeah, I do. I guess I’m just having an attack of nerves, or something.”
    “I can help with that,” she purred.
    nRlg0qj.jpg
    “Now, go get ‘em, Tiger.”

Erik beamed into the hovercraft parking lot and went inside. The very air was electric, full of the hopes, wishes and desires of the Artists gathered for this prestigious event. Erik knew he was energized. Nervous, anxious, feeling the pressure to perform. He’d already won two Accolades for Best Song. He wondered should this persist if it would ever get any easier. What if I don’t win this one? What happens then?
    “For Best Song, Erik Cantrell for his Daybreak.” Erik got up from his chair, straightened his jacket as he made his was to the raised platform. Happily, it was only a single step up. Getting into place before the microphone, he picked up the trophy.
    s46hdIa.jpg

“I have to admit, I was more nervous tonight, that for the last two. This has been one rough weekend. Getting used to living with a bunch of other Sims, most of them total strangers. Having to put plans on hold for a time. I’m just so delighted to be holding this.”
    U7zZvXe.jpg

Then Erik gave his little laugh. “Thank you for this honor,” he said, as he slipped a finger underneath the lens of his glasses. “Tears of joy,” he said.
    syFIMDE.jpg

“I’m a bit overwhelmed tonight. Forgive me, please. I’d like to thank my parents, my many siblings. Taygeta Studios for allowing me to take creative control. To Orion Entertainment, Limited for promoting my albums by booking concerts. I can’t do it without all of you. To the Starlight Academy for nominating my song, and to all those who vote. And, last but never least, my Fans. For sticking with me through all of this. Thank you.”
    PF4bcVr.jpg

“Goodnight, Everybody. I’ve got to get back to my dorm!”
    vKibPv8.jpg

Erik got back from a late night concert to find the ‘foyer’ full of Sims, milling about. He was tired and hoped to get to bed. If he thought he was busy during the last two weeks of summer, Uni was teaching him how easy it had been. Now, he was juggling his school workload on top of keeping his career alive. Plus, poor Kayleigh was having a rough time of it, too.
    Ng1ZedW.jpg

One of his dorm mates approached him. Erik wished he could remember the fella’s name, but it continued to elude him. “I ah, that is, would you mind, terribly — I don’t wish to impose …” the poor guy stuttered.
    rNMVxjg.jpg
    2gf5h9I.jpg

“I’d be happy to take a Selfie with you,” Erik said, guessing. He had a fifty/fifty chance of being correct. Generally it was his autograph or a Selfie requested. The Sims’ face brightened.
    uik8Qh2.jpg

Hearing the sounds of dismay, overshadowed by laughter, Erik headed for the ‘study’ hall. He could recognize their voices. Joey, Brianna and Kayleigh were no doubt playing "Don't Wake the Llama from the sounds of it. Before he could make the right turn into the hallway that led to this ‘room’, he was stopped once more.
    92UOotZ.jpg

Erik had the sinking feeling it was going to be a very long night.

More to Come. Thanks for reading! :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    @GalacticGal I imagine that would extremely difficult and awkward, living in a dorm with your fans. Erik’s handling it well.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    First Term Trials, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

The dorm was always full. Erik wondered if word got out that they had a celebrity on campus. He saw more Sims he didn’t know at all any time he came into Wyvern Hall. Was one or more of their dorm mates handing keys out like candy?

One such visitor dropped by completely unannounced. Captain Drake Golden. “Can someone point me to Kayleigh Golden’s room?” he asked.
    “I can get her for you,” one of their dorm mates offered. Erik, at the time was out and about. He wanted to release an album, since the Term was flying by.
    Kayleigh came into the ‘foyer’ to greet her father. “Daddy? I didn’t expect you. Is everything all right at home?”
    mp0pPYJ.jpg

“Yes, all is well, Can’t a father check in with his daughter without having to make an appointment, first?”
    “Daddy, every time you show up, it’s to spy on me. Why won’t you let me have this experience? I need to learn to stand on my own two feet.”
    Vr3kK9n.jpg

“I’m just here to make sure you have things well in hand.”
    “Ha! You’ve already derailed plans I had, isn’t that enough for you? Daddy, I’m still so upset with you, it’s all I can do to speak. Go, just go. You’ve done enough damage. Go before I say something we’ll both regret. I’m not ready to forgive you. I need time for that.”
    IVIvTpB.jpg

Erik having just walked in overheard the pain in Kayleigh’s voice. Normally, she was an easy-going Sim, but this whole mess, which he felt responsible for, had cut her to her soul. He kept his jacket on, and watched as the Captain slowly left. I’m so sorry, sir. Then he slipped into his dorm room and changed into his sweats.

After a few moments, Erik took Kayleigh by the arm. “Come on, let’s get out of here for a bit,” he said.
    “Where are we going?”
    “Pepper’s Bar.”
    Once there, Erik began to dance. He tried to get Kayleigh to join in, figuring the exercise would help dispel what remained of her negative emotions. Instead, like the crowd around him, she preferred to stay on the perimeter and watch.
    vEbGmPO.jpg

Taking her by the hand, he led her outside. “I get that you don’t want to practice in front of a crowd. How about out here? We need to learn how to do this, after all.”
    dnoW9rk.jpg

That didn’t stop the crowd from following. After a few tentative steps, the couple stopped. Erik just gazed at the group. “Do you mind giving us a minute alone?”
    W4oSxFv.jpg

When the group remained in place, Erik just shrugged. “Well, okay, maybe it’s better this way,” he said, as he reached over to stroke Kayleigh’s cheek.
    CuQNvtB.jpg
    We7kQa1.jpg

“I love you, Erik,” Kayleigh said.
    dkam8ML.jpg

“Let’s hope you still feel that way,” he said. “It’s high time they know, right?”
    3H3S4ZP.jpg

And then he went full throttle and declared his love for her publicly. “Yes, it’s true this beautiful woman is my fiancée. Sorry to my fans who were holding out some hope. I am taken.”
    4IvysNy.jpg

“There, now it’s no secret.”
    qmBwAdT.jpg
    The two turned and headed back to Wyvern Hall.

Taking her by the hand, Erik led her into his dorm room. “I am challenging you to a Pillow Fight. But I have to warn you I am the reigning champion. Just ask Aaron and Joey.”
    “Alright, let’s see how you fare, then.” Sitting on the bed, one at each end, the pillow fight commenced.
    They were fairly, evenly matched, or so it seemed. Neither one held back in their assaults.
    MnjagvS.jpg
    R9lXQ8k.jpg
    cwLXick.jpg

“Ow, that really hurt,” she said.
    oLWYbWy.jpg

“Had enough?”
    “Never,” she laughed, as she brought the pillow to bear on Erik’s head.
    GOrKC43.jpg

Then Kayleigh wound up the pillow for another assault. Erik got ready to use his as a shield.
    QPo1pTo.jpg
    She knocked his pillow out of his hands. “I give,” he said. “You win.”
    27MtfLn.jpg
    Kayleigh laughed as she confessed, "I think you should know I've taken on Hayleigh and Regina both at once!"
    "Hardly a contest then, is it? I still concede."

Moments later, pillows set aside, the two sat together on the edge of the bed.
    “You know how much I love you, right?”
    VDw3HOM.jpg

“I do, come here,” she said.
    691k3Ed.jpg
    ldHAgfy.jpg
    NGZIk0W.jpg

“I just wanted to know we’re okay.”
    “Oh, we are,” She said. “We are very okay.”
    HgKpmin.jpg

All for now, at least. If I get a chance, I'll post more. Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    First Term Triumphs, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Once the couple made their relationship public, they were both surprised with the weight that was lifted from their shoulders. All five students worked hard to keep up with their studies. Presentations were given, and Term Papers submitted, well in time. They even took time out for some much-needed recreation.
    Cards, for a nice change.
    sCRBqS9.jpg
    Erik sat in as often as he was able. With the release of his sixth album, In the Wake of Time, he had quite the concert schedule. With another nomination pending.
    u1Od0Mk.jpg

As the calendar ran down on this first term, Erik’s popularity seemed to grow. One very early morning, while he was still fast asleep, a group of fans and Paparazzi walked right into his dorm room. Lucky for them Aaron was already up.
    “Erik, can I have an exclusive interview?” One hailed.
    4b40ZHf.jpg

“Erik, look this way,” called another.
    uTcXpaV.jpg

Finally, the young Rock Star stirred and was awake. “Huh, wh---? Isn’t a fella allowed to sleep?” he said, having pulled out of his bed. I shouldn’t have snapped at them.
    oqyrPNz.jpg
    RdHU2AS.jpg

While Erik and Kayleigh continued discussing their wedding plans, undeterred by their parents’ attempts to make them see ‘reason’, Aaron was busy taking up where he’d left off in the Minor Leagues. He got injured, but continued to power through it, which ultimately led the coach to remove him as a Bench Warmer and make him a Starter.
    Aaron had worked hard for this. Making it a point to discuss game strategies with his fellow teammates and later, to study the coveted Play Book.
    8oQzrXG.jpg
    Delighted to have achieved this in his First Term, he was hoping to show his Coach what he had to offer the Team. He had two full Terms ahead of him.

Five days left quickly turned into three days left, two and then the Last day of the Term was upon them. Christmas Eve, they all sat final exams, each one hoping for at least a passing grade. The road had been rough, but they were finally at the end.
    Erik took a moment to chat with a few fellow students and the fans and Paparazzi who were awaiting him after his last class of this term.
    7IBaf5f.jpg

Brianna was busy making a visual record of her time in university.
    d9oHSiE.jpg

While she awaited her last class time to arrive, Kayleigh practiced her juggling. Feeling good, feeling confident, two more to go!
    L8Y1xsk.jpg

Each one made their way over to Darby's Den as the last of their tests were complete. Aaron begged off. “I have practice until nine, but I’ll join you then.”
    As the gathered before the tree, the grades slowly rolled out.
    r0uTymI.jpg

One by one their cellphones went off. They each learned they had achieved a GPA of A+. A simultaneous cheer went out. “I hope Aaron got to hear that,” Erik said. “His phone that is.”
    “If he didn’t get to it before practice, he’ll likely see his grades when he heads over here,” Joey said. "You know how he's always checking it."
    "Yeah, just like all of us. You'd think he was a Teen again." Erik laughed.

Then they turned to the project at hand. Decorating the tree so it would be ready for the Holiday the next day. They also had Midnight services to attend, plus the homework required for their Second Term. This weekend was a rather full one.
    With unsurpassed joy, they commenced trimming the tree. From bare, to ornaments.
    oUKN3Mq.jpg
    3KqQtrL.jpg

To garland made of popcorn and cranberries, the girls each taking turns stringing it while at the dorm these three days prior. Upset to learn that someone or someones had ravaged the popcorn. Grateful that they left the cranberries intact, at least, as they once again started over. They carefully set it onto the tree. At which point, Captain Golden showed up to snap a picture but said nothing and then quickly left again.
    xph0Bl0.jpg
    “Merry Christ . . . mas, Dad. . . dy,” Kayleigh said.

To placing the topper on the highest bough.
    Erik peeked his head from around the tree to say, “Honey, don’t worry we can call our families a bit later. He probably was just trying to avoid another confrontation. It’ll be all right, I promise.”
    0T0PGZy.jpg
    dSPVE9o.jpg

Aaron joined them long enough for the kids to finish the homework for their first two classes of the Second Term. Then as it grew close to Midnight, they all went off to St. James Church for the Christmas Service.

All for now. Thanks for reading! One term down, two to go!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Hi @Metior_Ice have fun with the camping trip! You can order vacation supplies from the mailbox at a rental lot. I believe tents are one of the items.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Congrats to Erik, Kayleigh, Joey, Aaron, and Brianna on acing their finals. We never decorated our Christmas trees with popcorn. Frankly my whole family are popcorn addicts and there never would've been enough leftover to decorate with. Well maybe two branches if we used the half popped kernels.
  • Options
    Well… It seems while my sim was at work, violin there was a violin season in progress…
    Yeah, I’m not controlling them so… It’s all the ai lol 😂

rIM6Yl8.jpg[img][/img]
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Congrats to Erik, Kayleigh, Joey, Aaron, and Brianna on acing their finals. We never decorated our Christmas trees with popcorn. Frankly my whole family are popcorn addicts and there never would've been enough leftover to decorate with. Well maybe two branches if we used the half popped kernels.

I confess, I haven't strung popcorn in years, now. The dogs would eat it right off of the tree. :open_mouth: When my kids were still little, we would decorate the tree together. I always stayed up for the eleven o'clock news stringing the popcorn and the wooden cranberry beads. Then I would place the garland myself before turning in for the night. The trick is to use unbuttered popcorn.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @DaniRose2143 , That is so shame that people over clutter restaurants :( its bugged lot type from the beginning, tho I use Bienchens restaurant mods, plus couple of others, so mine runs smootlhly , no walking away from tables and up to 6 sims groups can be as guests. but yes I often end up movinf deco from tables.

Thank you , that shack is level1 minilot, the other hut in beach is made from rooftiles, so it does not count when calculating tiles, and is super cheap :p

Lol at Summer with those knives :D yes indeed, better keep her happy or knife can cut something unwanted :D

@Kilov17 , this is most likely stupid question, but not going to browse this thread back, but why are you taking pics of your monitor instead games camera ? :)

@Metior_Ice , thank you :) yes that residential lot is 90% debug objects, and the hut in beach is made from rooftiles, so it is super cheap :p

I have 4 of your girls as his neighbour now, I only added lashes, tweaked blond haircolor and changed one boots to better fit in Sulani, I was going to ask is it okay to you if I give them IL clothes too, as they are locals in my game ?

Here is another lot I fast build for Rasmus, is "Abandoned Caldera Gym"
    D9FexXi.png
    Zcw7Xpp.png
    YVaK7JO.png
    qm9AA9Z.png

It is abandoned from very good reason :P

I waited on responding cause lol… The reason Is because I forgot my *Imgur* password BUT on my IPad I never have to resign in so.. I don’t have to worry about it there but on my computer—
    Anyhow, tried to make a new password, requires 6 characters at least and one number… No matter WHAT I do/ try it gives me this
    “Invalid or already used forgotten password link” rubbish… Put in random letters, and a random number… One capital or not… It will not accept a new password…. So forgotten mine and not being allowed to put in a new one… What’s one to do…?
    It’s frustrating…

———

But Sims 4 is also getting frustrating with the new stuff… Some random afraid of fires trait added to my sim, making him more likely to start them… Out of nowhere…y

And constantly the game sends this message about my house using too much water so my house will be billed or it just strait up is shut off for 12 sim hours… Hardly have them do laundry ever— so much to do and gets forgotten about lol 😂 and my sims don’t use the shower that much… Idk, probably some obnoxious glitch..? Who knows. Kills the fun of playing… So idk if I’ll ever bother going on again… The home is located in… Don’t remember the name, but it’s the area with the Goths so..

Could it be linked to that lot perk that lowers the water bill…? I am using the thermal thingy and this other lot trait to lower bills…. Maybe out of the blue it’s starting to come back on me….? Idk.

On top of all of this due to money troubles my sim is having— thanks to the fire that killed my sim’s fiancé and destroyed most of the home— I can’t afford and don’t want no nanny now… Fire or dismiss they keep coming and can’t use the phone to cancel the service— or I missed the option somehow/ somewhere..?

Game is starting to irritate… I tell you..
    Post edited by Kilov17 on
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited September 2022
    My sim self's late son Andrew's children had birthdays recently.

Andrew's alien daughter Daisy aged up and is now a Young Adult:
    8tNUuBz.png
    WUQNzpY.png
    Brian and Clyde are now teens:
    Brian:
    jU3xfVN.png
    KWh1AIa.png
    Clyde:
    c0jStr4.png
    5trNYx7.png

Brian's first day at High School featuring the obligatory " first day photo in front door"
    G4dpEF3.png

Riku's parent's Myla and Brandan have now moved in to help Riku with the kids. This was the scene on their first night:
    Tfdhke8.png

This happened to my sim self, no alien pregnancy though:
    EYidYUG.png
    4nYlIOC.png

And i'll leave you on a cliff hanger with this one:
    A37f29a.png

• Options
    First Term Triumphs, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Once the couple made their relationship public, they were both surprised with the weight that was lifted from their shoulders. All five students worked hard to keep up with their studies. Presentations were given, and Term Papers submitted, well in time. They even took time out for some much-needed recreation.
    Cards, for a nice change.
    sCRBqS9.jpg
    Erik sat in as often as he was able. With the release of his sixth album, In the Wake of Time, he had quite the concert schedule. With another nomination pending.
    u1Od0Mk.jpg

As the calendar ran down on this first term, Erik’s popularity seemed to grow. One very early morning, while he was still fast asleep, a group of fans and Paparazzi walked right into his dorm room. Lucky for them Aaron was already up.
    “Erik, can I have an exclusive interview?” One hailed.
    4b40ZHf.jpg

“Erik, look this way,” called another.
    uTcXpaV.jpg

Finally, the young Rock Star stirred and was awake. “Huh, wh---? Isn’t a fella allowed to sleep?” he said, having pulled out of his bed. I shouldn’t have snapped at them.
    oqyrPNz.jpg
    RdHU2AS.jpg

While Erik and Kayleigh continued discussing their wedding plans, undeterred by their parents’ attempts to make them see ‘reason’, Aaron was busy taking up where he’d left off in the Minor Leagues. He got injured, but continued to power through it, which ultimately led the coach to remove him as a Bench Warmer and make him a Starter.
    Aaron had worked hard for this. Making it a point to discuss game strategies with his fellow teammates and later, to study the coveted Play Book.
    8oQzrXG.jpg
    Delighted to have achieved this in his First Term, he was hoping to show his Coach what he had to offer the Team. He had two full Terms ahead of him.

Five days left quickly turned into three days left, two and then the Last day of the Term was upon them. Christmas Eve, they all sat final exams, each one hoping for at least a passing grade. The road had been rough, but they were finally at the end.
    Erik took a moment to chat with a few fellow students and the fans and Paparazzi who were awaiting him after his last class of this term.
    7IBaf5f.jpg

Brianna was busy making a visual record of her time in university.
    d9oHSiE.jpg

While she awaited her last class time to arrive, Kayleigh practiced her juggling. Feeling good, feeling confident, two more to go!
    L8Y1xsk.jpg

Each one made their way over to Darby's Den as the last of their tests were complete. Aaron begged off. “I have practice until nine, but I’ll join you then.”
    As the gathered before the tree, the grades slowly rolled out.
    r0uTymI.jpg

One by one their cellphones went off. They each learned they had achieved a GPA of A+. A simultaneous cheer went out. “I hope Aaron got to hear that,” Erik said. “His phone that is.”
    “If he didn’t get to it before practice, he’ll likely see his grades when he heads over here,” Joey said. "You know how he's always checking it."
    "Yeah, just like all of us. You'd think he was a Teen again." Erik laughed.

Then they turned to the project at hand. Decorating the tree so it would be ready for the Holiday the next day. They also had Midnight services to attend, plus the homework required for their Second Term. This weekend was a rather full one.
    With unsurpassed joy, they commenced trimming the tree. From bare, to ornaments.
    oUKN3Mq.jpg
    3KqQtrL.jpg

To garland made of popcorn and cranberries, the girls each taking turns stringing it while at the dorm these three days prior. Upset to learn that someone or someones had ravaged the popcorn. Grateful that they left the cranberries intact, at least, as they once again started over. They carefully set it onto the tree. At which point, Captain Golden showed up to snap a picture but said nothing and then quickly left again.
    xph0Bl0.jpg
    “Merry Christ . . . mas, Dad. . . dy,” Kayleigh said.

To placing the topper on the highest bough.
    Erik peeked his head from around the tree to say, “Honey, don’t worry we can call our families a bit later. He probably was just trying to avoid another confrontation. It’ll be all right, I promise.”
    0T0PGZy.jpg
    dSPVE9o.jpg

Aaron joined them long enough for the kids to finish the homework for their first two classes of the Second Term. Then as it grew close to Midnight, they all went off to St. James Church for the Christmas Service.

All for now. Thanks for reading! One term down, two to go!

Question, when playing sims… Do you or do you imagine other women playing Sim 4 in particular get jealous of their Female sims (or male sims given the ability to “get pregnant”) as any sims that can and does get pregnant time/ aging basically stops for them lol 😂 they actually age slower as a result of it though irl age like a river ever flows on…

Sims have it so much easier lol… In many ways lol. The game can make one jealous of its characters/ personalities— for me anyhow.

JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Londyn! What's that? Is that what I think it is? It looks like a new episode of Under The Tartosan Sun!
    nr0GNvk.png

It is! Awesome!
    w9cAqAh.png

Under The Tartosan Sun: Danielle and Londyn's Honeymoon
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    The last few weeks I did the honeymooner scenario with Lindsay and Aaron who got married and went to Batuu on honeymoon where Lindsay got pregnant before having the baby and living in San Myshuno.

Sadly Aaron cheated on Lindsay with her friend Penny Pizazz. After some problems he moved in with Penny and they now have a teen son Emery and a toddler daughter Juliana. Lindsay and Aaron’s son is James who is now a teen and my main sim. He does not see his dad or stepfamily or answer his messages.

Today James continued at high school where I left him. He was a bit sad because he ignored a phone call from his dad. He has a best friend from childhood Aylin, but he has been getting close to Elsa Bergssen who asked to be BFFs. He said no, but they had a chat and the romance bar has started to fill.

James aced school, and completed the drama club and has now switched to the football team. He got asked if he wanted to graduate early but it’s only his second week (he had a really good grade school and toddler years). He has good manners and responsibility but is working on empathy so that his mom will meet her aspiration as a parent. His acting skill is already 8 and he might be going to do drama at university but we shall see.

Lindsay is a bit of a stay at home mom. She put on a lot of weight since coming back from Batuu and never got it down. She goes for jogs every day but it doesn’t seem to help her. Most of her adult life has been about raising James which she did really well and today she mostly hang out in the apartment cooking and dancing to S-Pop. There are two friendly ladies living in the apartment across from her, and asides from the noise they sometimes make everyone gets along really well.
  • Options

I confess, I haven't strung popcorn in years, now. The dogs would eat it right off of the tree. :open_mouth: When my kids were still little, we would decorate the tree together. I always stayed up for the eleven o'clock news stringing the popcorn and the wooden cranberry beads. Then I would place the garland myself before turning in for the night. The trick is to use unbuttered popcorn.

Hmm, I wonder if I should have been stringing popcorn. My dog and both cats used to try and eat the tree itself. They were cute as can be, but not terribly discerning with regard to what went in their mouths.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    Do you or do you imagine other women playing Sim 4 in particular get jealous of their Female sims (or male sims given the ability to “get pregnant”) as any sims that can and does get pregnant time/ aging basically stops for them lol 😂

I think it's hilarious. One couple I played started out with the wife older than the husband, and by the time they had 3 kids the age difference had flipped to be the opposite. Having 3 babies kept her young.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @Kilov17 Personally, since I make my Sims in CAS, and I choose their spouses, too, which I also create in CAS, I don't get jealous of them. I can't speak for others playing Sims4 or their feelings. But only for myself. I rarely, if ever, get jealous in real life, despite having Green Eyes. LOL Only, if I feel threatened regarding losing the dear man who married me coming up 49 years ago. We were 18 and 19 at the time we wed.

I have to make an amendment to this statement. I reread your post and understood, better, what you were asking. I would have felt jealous over other Sims abilities to get pregnant, decades ago. I couldn't have children originally. We would play the game of Life, and even in the game I could never land on the square or draw a card that allowed me to have any kids. I wasn't jealous, per se, but heartbroken. After a few tests, God graced me with three children. I now only feel empathy for those who are struggling to get pregnant. Sims is an absurd, silly game, though.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    In a new installment of Wyrd Girls...

Chapter 24 - Can You Have A Normal Summer Vacation?

"I got a tan," Miranda said.

Standing with Beth on Finchwick Green, the events of the past few weeks in Tartosa seemed to Miranda like another life.

"Wow, you sure did," Beth replied. "So, did you meet anyone?"

"Oh God," Miranda sighed. "How much time to do you have?"
    cOnhgQ7.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Here's one to have a think about:
    Tcc1Xm9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights